As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Setting up Direct Deposit for business

BlarghyBlarghy Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I've been elected by my co-workers to breach the idea of getting our business to offer direct deposit as an option for getting paid.

However, I know that my boss knows jack-all about this, and will automatically shoot down the idea unless I can produce details. Alas, I also know jack-all about this, and have no idea where to start looking for info. My google-fu has been weak and unhelpful. Is this something his bank can setup? Or will it have to be done through a payroll company? (He currently uses someone who does payroll part-time out of their home.)

Basically, I'm just looking for some sort of starting point where I can investigate things further and determine if it is feasible for a small-sized business (<30 employees). Location is Winnipeg, Manitoba, if it makes any difference.

Thanks!

Blarghy on

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Blarghy wrote:
    So, I've been elected by my co-workers to breach the idea of getting our business to offer direct deposit as an option for getting paid.

However, I know that my boss knows jack-all about this, and will automatically shoot down the idea unless I can produce details. Alas, I also know jack-all about this, and have no idea where to start looking for info. My google-fu has been weak and unhelpful. Is this something his bank can setup? Or will it have to be done through a payroll company? (He currently uses someone who does payroll part-time out of their home.)

Basically, I'm just looking for some sort of starting point where I can investigate things further and determine if it is feasible for a small-sized business (<30 employees). Location is Winnipeg, Manitoba, if it makes any difference.

Thanks!

PAYCHEX

seriously. Whomever does your payroll will thank you with hugs and blowjobs if you get them to use it, and the savings will come from a drastically reduced time spent managing payday.

http://www.paychex.com

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    lordrellordrel Registered User regular
    My company's direct deposit is offered through our accounting and payroll software (quickbooks). It costs us a couple hundred bucks a year, plus a per transaction fee of a dollar or two. We have 35 employees and it works pretty good.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    My company uses PAYCHEX, and seem to be pretty happy with them.

You may also just want to get in touch with whatever bank your boss uses, pick up any literature on it they can help you with.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Same here with PAYCHEX

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me