As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC October Solicits Preview

13»

• Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DC is really pushing Bedard to the limit. He's barely been writing for DC for more than a year and he already has a sizeable resume. As long as he can churn these stories out on time and write em' well, he'll be a top tier name in no time.

:^:

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • tbumpkinstbumpkins Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    DC is really pushing Bedard to the limit. He's barely been writing for DC for more than a year and he already has a sizeable resume. As long as he can churn these stories out on time and write em' well, he'll be a top tier name in no time.

:^:

I was noticing this too. The load will lighten one title in a month I think, once McKeever jumps into BoP. As long as it doesn't affect him writing the shit out of J'onn in Outsiders, let the man eat his cake. His multiple deadline demanding cake.

These solicits would be more exciting if there was some goddamn Manhunter. Wasn't it announced for October? And am I the one human not elated over Sinestro and his Corps? Hopefully Jaime at least gets another dentist caliber moment over it in Blue Beetle.

tbumpkins on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wii - 1587-6863-4834-4924
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    tbumpkins wrote: »
    And am I the one human not elated over Sinestro and his Corps?

Yes. And, my god, what the hell man?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The Hawkman vs Black Adam solicit, what is that for? And how much does Hawkman regret being in this ever so one sided fight?

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • tbumpkinstbumpkins Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I find all the debates on color that have come out of it just adorable. But if you're looking for confessed sins, I suppose only liking the Geoff John's that wrote Flash would be tops.

tbumpkins on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wii - 1587-6863-4834-4924
    edited July 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I find all the debates on color that have come out of it just adorable.

That dumb debate lasted like...a day. Other than that..shame on you. Shame I say.

Bad Karma on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh jesus fuck, are they killing Ollie again?

deadonthestreet on
  • JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    The Hawkman vs Black Adam solicit, what is that for? And how much does Hawkman regret being in this ever so one sided fight?

Depends, has Black Adam recovered from WW3 and the huge beat-down he got (and gave tenfold)?

I havent read anything with him since then.

JCM on
    edited July 2007

Where do you get that from?

Bad Karma on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Who wants a Reboot of the Killing Joke origin?
    BMCON_Cv10_solicit.jpg
    NOT ME OH GOD WHY

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited July 2007

The Green Arrow/Black Canary Cover has Conner instead of Ollie.

and the Wedding has a "Shocking Ending"!

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Green Arrow/Black Canary # 1:

gabccv1asolicitpv5.jpg

deadonthestreet on
    edited July 2007
    The new Green Arrow/Black Canary team investigates the shocking results of the Wedding of the Century in an all-new adventure that brings the Star City-crossed
    lovers together!

Bad Karma on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Good god, the Booster Series looks good.

Dex Dynamo on
    edited July 2007
    The new Green Arrow/Black Canary team investigates the shocking results of the Wedding of the Century in an all-new adventure that brings the Star City-crossed
    lovers together!
    Incest.

Well, not really I guess. But still, what with the twists in comics nowadays I wouldn't put it past a Connor/Dinah shocker.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    lovers together!
    Incest.

Well, not really I guess. But still, what with the twists in comics nowadays I wouldn't put it past a Connor/Dinah shocker.

Meh..I don't know about Connor. He's sharp, but thats about all he's got in common with an arrow, if you catch my drift.

Seriously though, if Ollie decides to retire, which is the vibe I'm getting from the solicits, and Connor is the Green Arrow in question for the team up...then I fully expect Winick to make use of Connor and the gay thing.

Bad Karma on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    He's gay?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited July 2007
    lovers together!
    Incest.

Meh..I don't know about Connor. He's sharp, but thats about all he's got in common with an arrow, if you catch my drift.

Seriously though, if Ollie decides to retire, which is the vibe I'm getting from the solicits, and Connor is the Green Arrow in question for the team up...then I fully expect Winick to make use of Connor and the gay thing.
    Connor isn't gay.

He actually denies it in Smith's Green Arrow. He's just bad with girls because he was raised by monks for most of his life.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited July 2007
    lovers together!
    Incest.

Connor isn't gay.

He actually denies it in Smith's Green Arrow. He's just bad with girls because he was raised by monks for most of his life.

I know he's not gay. But it comes up from time to time.

And Judd Winick is writing.

"Aw man Dinah..I got the aids."

"Err..from heroin right...? Dirty needles?"

"Noooo! Meet Pedro!"

Bad Karma on
    edited July 2007
    lovers together!
    Incest.

Connor isn't gay.

"Noooo! Meet Pedro!"
    Karma, if this happens I will hunt you down and kill you.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited July 2007
    lovers together!
    Incest.

Connor isn't gay.

"Noooo! Meet Pedro!"
    Karma, if this happens I will hunt you down and kill you.

Hey hey..I don't sow the seeds, I just watch them grow baby.

Bad Karma on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    lovers together!
    Incest.

Ollie retires to raise Sin

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    lovers together!
    Incest.

Ollie retires to raise Sin

Thats what I'm thinking. Though it's odd that this coincides a Green Arow Year One series, which I though was meant to help usher in and gain some hype for Ollie's second (or third?) coming after giving up the Mayors office and getting married.

Bad Karma on