As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Real Lives

• SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This time I had a male Chinese soldier and political dissident, got married and had two children (one adopted, one by birth) before dying at age 54 due to stroke. I lost count of how many times I was jailed and released.

Suriko on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I died of colon cancer at the age of 10 in Nepal. WTF!

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ok, so it seems like you only have the life of some normal citizen in some country right?

How about the possibility to join some security service, brutally beat innocent people and take over the country in a coup?

Nothing like becoming a dictator.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Suriko wrote: »
    This time I had a male Chinese soldier and political dissident, got married and had two children (one adopted, one by birth) before dying at age 54 due to stroke. I lost count of how many times I was jailed and released.

My Chinese guy was only imprisoned once for 2 years for refusing the draft. I tried to get married at least 30 times, most people breaking off engagement. Then I finally got married and used the money to move to America where I got a degree in Computer Science and became a millionare.

I bet all those girls are kicking themselves now!

rayofash on
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    One of my lives I had to adopt kids due to my infertility. I think my wife was cheating on me, though, as she became pregnant twice.

Also, I laughed so hard when my wife (different life) hit me with a brick.

Oh, and apparently you can use a law degree to become a doctor. Who knew?

BionicPenguin on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just suffered the worst fate of all...

Floating point division by zero!

SirUltimos on
  • PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My first game, things were going pretty well. A couple guys were not interested in me but I eventually got married. My first child I gave up for adoption (I was too young, 20) but once the husband got a job and I invested a lot of our money in safe stocks I felt pretty good.
    Then I got raped.
    I had a child and died in childbirth.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • mrcheesypantsmrcheesypants Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My sister Nyokato has been cured of obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Apparently while psychologists have been working on treatments for OCD, Congo already has found a cure :|

mrcheesypants on
    Diamond Code: 2706 8089 2710
    Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think I broke it...
    oops.jpg Too many children apparently.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I lived until 56 in Mozambique, surviving several drug addictions, alcoholism, a lifetime of smoking, a husband who killed himself and a son-in law who died. This game is strangely addicting despite all this.

SirUltimos on
  • chubschubs Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Everyone I know keeps catching on fire. It's really weird.

chubs on
    edited July 2007
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    I lived until 56 in Mozambique, surviving several drug addictions, alcoholism, a lifetime of smoking, a husband who killed himself and a son-in law who died. This game is strangely addicting despite all this.

That is Lifetime material right there.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

• RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You should've seen the game I just had... her name was Nasrin, she was born in the Punjab province of Pakistan. While living with her parents, she had a number of boyfriends and had something like twelve children, settling down with Noor Asif Iqbal. She worked part-time. Her only spare time activity, if she could afford to have one, was political activism. Several times she was arrested by the police, then released after refusing to squeal on her like-minded friends. At the age of 41, she moved to Albany, New York in the US and worked as a salesperson. She split up with Noor, who was becoming violent, and continued to live on her own while unsuccessfully looking for another husband. At the age of 60, suffering from hepatitis, she moved back to Punjab, Pakistan, and retired after marrying again, this time to a man named Fahim Wazir Mohammad.

Due to the money she made in the US, she was able to live relatively comfortably, though her lifestyle was still modest. She became ever more active in political activism and was arrested and released several times after still refusing to speak. During these years the majority of her children died, rather creepily three of them died at the age of 51, while all the rest died in their 50's also (except her daughter Asma, who committed suicide at age 45). As she entered her 80's, he health was deteriorating rapidly, but that still didn't stop the government from arresting her and finally executing her, leaving several children and her husband behind her.

What a woman.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That is quite a few sons.

I've only made it to 80 twice, once as an old Chinese man who illegally entered the UK (After being hounded by the government), and an 80-year-old Pakistani Farmer who's wife beat him.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Vampire_GoldfishVampire_Goldfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I made it to 82 as a French man named Maximillian who moved from France, to Norway, to Ireland, and back to Norway. He worked as an entertainment technician but his whole life he always played music.

Music was always his highest attribute, and as he got older and older it became his odd job.

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg
  • CrossfireCrossfire __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Who has lived the longest? Any centenarians?

Crossfire on
  • RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I had someone live until 90. Matter of fact, it's Nasrin again. I reversed one year, and got her to emigrate to the 'States illegally again before the Pakistani government could get her. She got a job as a fortune teller and never had enough money to pay the bills - her husband suffered from a variety of ailments and couldn't get any job. Eventually her health gave in and she died of "general age complications". Not as cool an ending :(

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm a girl on some island in the Philippines. My dad has a goiter.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
    edited July 2007
    Check out these starting stats. Ridiculous.
    crazymusicandart.jpg

For some reason you can't become a government official in the UK as a woman...

BionicPenguin on
    edited July 2007
    Check out these starting starts. Ridiculous.
    crazymusicandart.jpg

For some reason you can't become a government official in the UK as a woman...

This is clearly in the future where the queen went crazy and ordered all the children turned into a 100 day feast for her and the rest of the parliment, after being overthrown the UK put a ban on all women in politics.

JamesDM on

• JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was born in Gabon , my father is an alcholic , I have 5 siblings and we make over 500K Francs of deficit every month. What a nice life this is going to be!

Edit : Got malaria at 3 years old, nice!

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • KimFidlerKimFidler Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh man, this game is awesome.

PS: I have measles.

Edit: My father has given up drinking!

What a great day!

KimFidler on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I died from a seizure at the age of 42, two years after getting the hell out of the Philippines. I had three brothers and two sisters; only one brother is alive. Both my parents are dead. My husband has a job as an office clerk in California making around 60,000 a year.

Why the hell did I die immediately after escaping? *sigh*

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I managed to become a senior NGO official from a soldier.

I emigrated from Kenya to Liechtenstein to pursue a new career.

Perished at 65ish.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
    edited July 2007
    So I realized there was more features to the game other than just clicking "age a year" continuosly.

Died at age 80. Shitty life. Is there any way to keep your health up for as long as possible?

Crossfire on
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Crossfire wrote: »

I got up to 94 as a Chinese Female.

I actually broke the game because I could not work, couldn't get a loan and had no money after being in jail for 5 years due to political activism.

My spending was too high, and was impossible to lower to 0.

Food was 0
    House was 0
    Charity was 0
    But you cannot get spending to 0.

Having no income and no money, the menu that gives you options (Get a loan, get a new job, cut spending, cash in investment) wouldn't go away because I had literally no recourse.

So technically, she's still alive 8-)
    Died at age 80. Shitty life. Is there any way to keep your health up for as long as possible?

Good stats in Endurance helps I believe, but I think the biggest thing is Physical Training and Sports, and luck. That's what my 94 year old did. Never had a health problem, not even at 94. Actually, she had an arthritic wrist I think.

Endomatic on
  • LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I managed to play a woman who had a child, despite being infertile :V

Lemming on
    edited July 2007
    Endomatic wrote: »

I actually broke the game because I could not work, couldn't get a loan and had no money after being in jail for 5 years due to political activism.

Food was 0
    House was 0
    Charity was 0

Having no income and no money, the menu that gives you options (Get a loan, get a new job, cut spending, cash in investment) wouldn't go away because I had literally no recourse.

You cant even become a salvager or beggar?

JamesDM on

• J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    JamesDM wrote: »
    Endomatic wrote: »

Food was 0
    House was 0
    Charity was 0

You cant even become a salvager or beggar?

You get too old to be those at some point too. I think it's at the mid / late 80s.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I made it to 81 as Hamid Khan Mohammed a very smart and attractive Pakistani Doctor. Thing is, I kept salting away money so I could retire early and live off my real estate empire but my investments didn't really pay off (other than keeping the cash somewhere other than my house which was frequently robbed). I guess Quetta, Balochistan is a tough neighborhood.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    edited July 2007
    I'm a little confused about how to become a senior government official (I want that delicious paycheck). Do you have to do some low level government job before it opens up or what? A degree doesn't seem to be enough.

BionicPenguin on
    edited July 2007
    Speaking of retiring...

67s2of9.jpg

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited July 2007
    But would it be worth living that long at only $100ish a year?

BionicPenguin on
    edited July 2007
    You can live in japan for less than $100 a year?

JamesDM on

edited July 2007
    JamesDM wrote: »
    You can live in japan for less than $100 a year?

As a homeless company president, yes.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited July 2007
    Hookworm, lymphatic filariasis, schistosomiasis, and infectious wound.

What a lucky guy.

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg
  • RaereRaere Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I got shot while trying to illegally emigrate to Finland. I didn't know they shot illegal immigrants. D:

Raere on
    Raere.png
    edited July 2007
    Damn, I got up to 97 years old and I too didn't have any opportunity for any job.

Crossfire on
    edited July 2007
    Does this game make anyone else feel.... uneasy? Its a strange feeling. Like when you were a kid and you watched a horror movie, later that night corners would be creepy and you were easily frightened. No game has ever made me feel this way, its weird.

I jumped just by walking around a corner and noticing someone. Walking around my house feels.... weird.

I bet its just me. :|

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg
  • Disco BanditDisco Bandit Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    God this game makes me hate india and africa

fuck them I want to live in the US

Disco Bandit on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5412 9146 7564