As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

English chocolate for PAX Prime

• Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    OMg.. so.. this isn't chocolate.. or from the UK.. but my friend brought back the best gummy bears from Germany ever and I must have more of them. I'd gladly pay for like.. 5lbs of the stuff. It's amazing. I'd eat 1 of those bears over a handful of the American ones. Things are like crack!

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!
  • OuroborosKaiOuroborosKai Pokemon Trainer Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    Oh I would love to have either a Cadbury Dream or anything with Hazelnut. :) I would also gladly donate some cash to Child's Play!

Prime 2012 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Gas Tank Filled[ ]
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Gummy bears? Really???

I'll edit the OP with a list of what I'll be bringing soonish, if I've missed you off, let me know.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • yuki12528yuki12528 Registered User regular
    Hi yuki12528, not a problem, I'll bring some of both. English chocolate is made with cocoa butter not vegetable fat, so it tastes quite delicious!

Thanks....my friends and I are from portland, oregon and none of us have ever had authentic english candy

• SuperstitionSuperstition Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Do want!

Superstition on
    The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
  • GyladiaGyladia Registered User regular
    I would love a Kinder surprise, I've never had one and I don't know when I'll ever get to England.

• SiLlYxAzNSiLlYxAzN Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I've never tried any English chocolate before and would love to try some :)

• SilvertwinnSilvertwinn Going on 40. "Get off my lawn!"Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Hey, so I have no idea if Curlie Wurlies are still made (I thought they had been discontinued by Cadbury), but if it is at all possible to bring one or two Curlie Wurlies for me?

They're my boyfriend's absolute favorite chocolate-anything from England and if I could surprise him with that at PAX then I would be absolutely grateful to you and I may even give you a hug. :) I would do my best to compensate you money-wise, of course!

SiLlYxAzN wrote: »
    I've never tried any English chocolate before and would love to try some :)
    English chocolate is AMAZING. Especially English Cadbury stuff. Tastes nothing like the Cadbury chocolates we have in Canada. :)

Silvertwinn on
  • shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    My office is a 10-15 minute train journey from the main Cadbury factory - only ever done the tour once tho ;)

sadly the shop that is open to the public isn't very cheap and I don't think I know anyone who works there currently :(

Mmm, I went on the tour and was a bit disappointed - no free samples! There's a cadburys outlet shop near be though.

Curly wurlys still exist, I'll bring a couple, and hugs are always welcome!

• ShaderShader The Master Ranger Registered User regular
    I would love a couple Cadbury's milk chocolate bars (the US ones don't taste quite right). Any idea when on Friday you'd be handing out the chocolates?

Not yet - I'm going to wait til the schedule is posted so I can plan Friday out, once I know what I want to do and where the gaps are I'll decide when and where to be and put it in the OP and on twitter. I have to pick up my passes from Will Call as well, and have to factor that in as well.

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Getting on the Chocolate Boat here. Since my sister failed to bring me back the one thing I requested (a really hot Englishman) I would like a Mars Bar. Ah. Drooling and dreaming of the day to see it.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    Mars bars for you any day! Xxx

• MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    If people are about Thursday they can maybe pick it up then also? At PPD or Tri Wizards?

Yep, both are possibilities. I just don't want to lug a rucksack with slowly melting chocolate in it for 4 days! We can probably sort out logistics sone time in August.

• Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I am very intrested is this. I am.not too fimilar with English chocolate but I.love choclate....just use your best judgement. :) maybe some cadburry ;) I am of.course willing ti pay.esoecially.if.ots for childs play. This.reminds me of the cookie brigade expect with.chocolate *drool*

• Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Maybe cadburry and aero if that isnt too hard ;-)

• VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    My son and I are coming in from Hawaii on Thursday... Any Maui specific items I should bring? All this chocolate talk made me think of all the Macadamia nut candy here...

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • Kaollasu78Kaollasu78 Portland, OrRegistered User regular
    I've never had English chocolate, I'm drooling reading this thread. I would love to get my hands on some :D

919eoupaoo36.png
  • tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    Versuserik wrote: »
    My son and I are coming in from Hawaii on Thursday... Any Maui specific items I should bring? All this chocolate talk made me think of all the Macadamia nut candy here...

Really? Because I'm a bigger fan of Hawaii's Coffee than the macadamia nut candy. As evidence by the fact that there are still Macadamia nuts left from my honeymoon in hawaii, but we've been through several reorders of Kauai coffee ;)

• PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    Tar3820 wrote: »
    OMg.. so.. this isn't chocolate.. or from the UK.. but my friend brought back the best gummy bears from Germany ever and I must have more of them. I'd gladly pay for like.. 5lbs of the stuff. It's amazing. I'd eat 1 of those bears over a handful of the American ones. Things are like crack!

I think you're refering to Haribo Gummy Bears. You can get them here in the U.S., you just need to check the back of the package and see where it's manufactured. You have to make sure you get the ones that are imported from I think Switzerland, you do not want the ones made here in the U.S.. My boyfriend found me a 1 lb. bag somewhere, but I don't remember where. They are may favorite gummy bears EVER!!! My cousin brought me some from Germany many years ago and I've been in love ever since.

Are these Kinder Surprise things that people are talking about like the Nestle Wonder Balls that were out years ago?

LewiePsMummy: I have never had English chocolate before, but I would love to try some. I'm a choco-holic. Why don't you surprise me? I love all kinds of chocolate, just not anything with nuts (although I love chocolate and peanut butter together o.O). I can't have anything with wheat in it due to a gluten intolerance, so no KitKats or anything like that.

Ok PrincessCleo, it's a surprise for you!

(although I love chocolate and peanut butter together o.O).

You are a heathen to chocolate!!

• PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular

*shrugs* What can I say? I'm weird. But that's also part of my charm. ;)

*shrugs* What can I say? I'm weird. But that's also part of my charm. ;)

Maybe I need to bring you haggis chocolate...

• vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    I just discovered that crispy M&Ms are still sold in Ireland and England. TELL ME THAT'S TRUE!!! If that's the case, could you bring some over? I'll gladly fork over cash for that!

@vgc: If I can find them, I'll bring some!

• vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    Yes! They stopped selling those here in the states years ago. I thought they were gone forever!

Gf and I went to this place at the weekend for churro's! They have some very weird and cool chocolate too.

http://www.the-chocolate-tree.co.uk/products/

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hmmm...I have no idea what I would want. But I agree with vgc...something with chocolate and hazelnuts would be amazing. Thanks so much for doing this!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
    My pleasure! I just love English chocolate and want to share it! More hazelnut yum mines coming up!

• miklepandamiklepanda Registered User regular
    I can totally bring food from Peru if someone wants

• R23R23 Registered User regular
    Can you bring me some Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps? Been craving them since I lived over there.

• Mr. LMr. L The Green Thunder Whoa ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I could use some Smarties. They are virtually unobtainable here in the US due to another candy already named Smarties (known as Rockets elsewhere), so that would be a real help if you can grab some. Thanks, and I'll probably be wearing a shirt with Luigi on it. :)

Mr. L on
  • FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mr. L wrote: »
    I could use some Smarties. They are virtually unobtainable here in the US due to another candy already named Smarties (known as Rockets elsewhere), so that would be a real help if you can grab some. Thanks, and I'll probably be wearing a shirt with Luigi on it. :)

That I can do! I'm pretty sure I can get a case of them from Costco if anyone else wants some. (Yay for being able to bring something from Canada!)

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
    When I was a child I used to lick the red ones to use as lippy, and the green ones to use as eyeshadow. My eyelids would be very sticky!

Oh, and Fenrisfang, thank you!

R23 wrote: »
    Can you bring me some Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps? Been craving them since I lived over there.

They have baked versions now which are even better. Ever better than that are the baked Sour Cream and Chive flavoured ones. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

This discussion has been closed.