As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Invincible

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2006
    you could've gotten it for like $22 from Amazon.

Garlic Bread on
  • CariblueCariblue Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I got it for 22 Canadian at my work because of discounts. Sadly for some reason they thought I had Vol.1 for some reason so I have to wait until Wednesday for iit to come in.

Cariblue on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    i have to say probably my favorite moment in the series so far is when [spoiler:065be7a883]mark is on mars with the astronauts and the martian leader tells them they're going to be executed and he says 'executed?' then the next page is him and the astronauts sprinting across the martian desert with hundreds of soldiers chasing them[/spoiler:065be7a883]

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Keith wrote:

Oh so you're going to let me use your credit card

Mister Longbaugh on
  • LaveLave regular
    edited July 2006
    I got Hardcover 2 today. Hmm that's tonight out of the window.

EDIT: I'm sitting here at work - thumbing the parcel. I ain't even gona get work done whilst I wait out the day.

Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2006
    Keith wrote:

Oh so you're going to let me use your credit card

it's a debit card

but you can also pay from your bank account.

Garlic Bread on
  • DtotheGDtotheG Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    If I were to get the latest one, how much catch-up work would I have to do?

DtotheG on
  • CariblueCariblue Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Alright, I got both the hardcovers and read them last night/today and I love them so much.

Is there any news on when the next hardcover is due?

Cariblue on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    DtotheG wrote:
    If I were to get the latest one, how much catch-up work would I have to do?

Here you go. Read this.

DouglasDanger on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited July 2006
    I would actually suggest not reading the wiki, and instead just buying the first tpb. The biggest spoiler of the series is in the very first paragraph, and I've known more than one person to have it ruined because of that.

So spend ten bucks and buy the book. It's worth it.

Whippy on
  • DtotheGDtotheG Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I would actually suggest not reading the wiki, and instead just buying the first tpb. The biggest spoiler of the series is in the very first paragraph, and I've known more than one person to have it ruined because of that.

So spend ten bucks and buy the book. It's worth it.

Too late. Got it, read it, loved it. Plenty of OH SNAP! moments

DtotheG on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2006
    I don't know if this deserves its own thread, but Robert Kirkman just took Todd McFarlane down about three pegs at McFarlane's own panel.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=77952
    (McFarlane) then joked, "And thanks for making money for Image," to which Kirkman sarcastically replied "Someone has to."

DJ Eebs on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    I don't know if this deserves its own thread, but Robert Kirkman just took Todd McFarlane down about three pegs at McFarlane's own panel.

(McFarlane) then joked, "And thanks for making money for Image," to which Kirkman sarcastically replied "Someone has to."

Kirkman is the best person ever.

Mai-Kero on
  • ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I got both the hardcovers in the mail today along with trade #7 of Fables. I've already read them, just wanted to own such a glorious comic. Have to say, these hardcovers are pretty god damn sweet.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Geebs wrote:

yeah those comments are awesome. all about how mcfarlane got owned, when kirkman was expressing his want for mcfarlane to do a new book.

i mean, when some one makes sure to point out the fact that kirkman was being sarcastic, that means that he was actually being a total hardass and probably also strangling a baby while he said it.

anyways, ultimate volume two is awesome, but not quite as awesome as volume one.

Angry on
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    So, #34:

Pretty awesome read as always. Things were resolved which is always nice I guess.

[spoiler:61b28a8981]Seemed pretty obvious that Eve is in love with Mark since she kept talking about how non-heros just aren't compatible with heros in relationships two issues ago. It's gotta be pretty wild for Mark though to have a future version of her tell him she's always loved him. It'll be cool to see where things progress with them from here.[/spoiler:61b28a8981]

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    So I promised myself I'd buy the trades slowly, that way I'd have at least one or two to read when I get back up to school. But, yeah, totally gave in and bought 5 and 6 in the same week, instead of waiting.

When does 7 come out?

Also, how much of Walking Dead is out there? I read the first trade and it seems like something I could get into.

Skullo on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    oooh are we talking about Invincible?

Goddamn that Kirkman!

#34 resolved all these things and just created all these other issues and when I got done I set it down and raised my fist and yelled "KIIIIIIIRKMAAAAAAN!"

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'd become frustrated with the trades, and bought 26-34 in single issue, and will probably continue to do so for the remainder of the book's lifespan.

God damn it's awesome.

Conditional_Axe on
  • PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Skullo wrote:
    So I promised myself I'd buy the trades slowly, that way I'd have at least one or two to read when I get back up to school. But, yeah, totally gave in and bought 5 and 6 in the same week, instead of waiting.

When does 7 come out?

Next month.

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
    edited August 2006
    Next Month

Hell yes.

Skullo on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    So. I had never even heard of that before. Then I read that first issue. I hate you guys. I am so freaking hooked.

projectmayhem on
    edited August 2006
    benito76 wrote:
    Skullo wrote:

When does 7 come out?

Next month.

Jeeze, volume 6 just came out.

Garlic Bread on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:
    benito76 wrote:
    Skullo wrote:

When does 7 come out?

Next month.

Jeeze, volume 6 just came out.

Image tends to be a bit slow updating project release dates more than a few weeks out.

Volume 7 can't possibly come out next month, it collects issues 31-35 and issue 34 just came out this last week. I'd expect it possibly in October, more likely in Novement.

werehippy on
    edited August 2006
    Note, I have only read the TPBs, so if this is answered in 32-34 just ignore it, but:

[spoiler:d2b4196e1e]Did I miss something about the freaky fetus thing Robot has been talking to? Or do we not know what his deal is yet?[/spoiler:d2b4196e1e]

Skullo on
    edited August 2006
    Skullo wrote:
    Note, I have only read the TPBs, so if this is answered in 32-34 just ignore it, but:

[spoiler:20ea63f84b]Did I miss something about the freaky fetus thing Robot has been talking to? Or do we not know what his deal is yet?[/spoiler:20ea63f84b]

I haven't read #34 yet (just got it earlier today), but I don't believe it's answered yet.

Garlic Bread on
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Skullo wrote:

[spoiler:89601c2855]Did I miss something about the freaky fetus thing Robot has been talking to? Or do we not know what his deal is yet?[/spoiler:89601c2855]

I haven't read #34 yet (just got it earlier today), but I don't believe it's answered yet.

It's answered in #34.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    READ THE SINGLE ISSUES YOU LAZY DOUCHEBAGS

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited August 2006

I do.

I just haven't read #34 yet.

jeeze

Garlic Bread on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:

I do.

jeeze

well then obviously I wasn't talking to you!

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited August 2006
    Keith wrote:

I do.

jeeze

well then obviously I wasn't talking to you!

but you said lazy douchebags

that's me

Garlic Bread on
    edited August 2006

I got into Invincible late in the game, so I've just grabbed the trades. Once I get up to school, I plan on getting the singles, since I'll have a comic book store across the street from my dorm.

Actually, Shoe, I want to get back into Spider-Man too. Reccomend one. Now. please : (

Skullo on
    edited August 2006
    Skullo wrote:

I got into Invincible late in the game, so I've just grabbed the trades. Once I get up to school, I plan on getting the singles, since I'll have a comic book store across the street from my dorm.

Actually, Shoe, I want to get back into Spider-Man too. Reccomend one. Now. please : (

Kraven's Last Hunt is coming out in hardcover, you have to buy that

and just read amazing, it's been good for like 5 years now.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2006
    get every spider-man title but sensational pretty much

DJ Eebs on
    edited August 2006
    I grabbed the 2nd Ultimate collection the other day. :^: :^:

Now I've got to wait for #3.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • jarednielsonjarednielson Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    get every spider-man title but sensational pretty much
    I like sensational, even though the art is done by a spawn artist, every couple of months they get an insanely talented cover guy to do all the art.
    And the stories are more personal.

jarednielson on
    1fdd6q1.jpg
  • LaveLave regular
    edited August 2006
    Suds wrote:

I'm screwed in that I have both Ultimate collections, which means from now on I will have yearly waits between sessions.

But they are so pretty.

Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
    edited August 2006
    Lave wrote:
    Suds wrote:

I'm screwed in that I have both Ultimate collections, which means from now on I will have yearly waits between sessions.

But they are so pretty.

I'm considering getting the Trades in the meantime because I just can't wait that long.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2006
    I bought both Ultimates, then volume 6, and now singles

and I will buy everything that comes out

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2006
    All right, collecting trades into an "Ultimate Collection" is fine and all, since it's bigger art and everything

But collecting the Ultimate Collections into one book? This shit is getting ridiculous.

http://www.newsarama.com/ImageComics/Dec06/solicitations.html

Garlic Bread on