As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East 2013 Fitness Group!

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    That's awesome. The only real organized running I have ever done is Warrior Dash and that was last year. I feel bad for my ankle because it still hurts here and there from when I sprained it like two months ago. I guess I am stuck with that the rest of my life.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    Congrats TinMan on your half and Payne on your giant shorts! Great stuff! Also Chorazin - 65 pounds is whoa.

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    So, I said I was down 3.1 on Saturday, right? Well, I got on the scale Sunday (my usual weigh in day) and I was down ANOTHER 1.7 pounds! It even stayed off today after going to a BBQ yesterday!

So, last week I dropped 4.8 pounds. That's crazy!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    checking in - been keeping busy with wedding stuff, but we have a 5K in mind at the end of June, so trying to be good with running, if not hitting the gym :P

That Sworkit program looks fun - might have to check into that soon.

General goals for the near future:
    Lose the few lbs I gained while being lazy
    Be awesome on the 5K in June
    Feel awesome in my swimsuit for our July vacation on the beach

Loving following the group too :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Also had to put vaseline on my face due to judo mat burns. I have never felt so greasy in my life.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • TheTinManTheTinMan Registered User regular
    Thanks Beth!

Chorazin that's awesome! Has it stayed down or was some of that from fluctuating?

ishtra those are some good goals. Do you have a quantitative measure of "be awesome" for the 5k?

And PayneTrayne: I'm not sure what to say about that. It does not sound pleasant.

• BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Ok, it took a couple weeks for my body to start losing, I started at 245.6 lbs, actually gained a couple in the first week, and now am steadily declining. This morning's weigh in has me at 242.2 lbs, bodyfat down from 32.4% to 31.8%. Slow, but steady, progress. I like it.

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
    TheTinMan wrote: »
    Thanks Beth!

Chorazin that's awesome! Has it stayed down or was some of that from fluctuating?

As of today I've gained back only .3 poounds. Seems like it'll be staying off, or at least I hope. I usually put on any weight I'm gonna gain back after Wednesday.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Ok, it took a couple weeks for my body to start losing, I started at 245.6 lbs, actually gained a couple in the first week, and now am steadily declining. This morning's weigh in has me at 242.2 lbs, bodyfat down from 32.4% to 31.8%. Slow, but steady, progress. I like it.

Sounds awesome to me!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    edited May 2012
    Now taking bets on how much I am going to gain when I weigh in in just a bit. I am going to say 1.8 lbs gained. Oiy.

edit: Well, this all makes sense. I lost 1.6 lbs.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    In terms of quantitative - I'm aiming for under 30 for now, though we might walk this 5K with a buddy who is newer to running/walking, so will be basing my time on a run After the official race :D.

ishtra wrote: »
    In terms of quantitative - I'm aiming for under 30 for now, though we might walk this 5K with a buddy who is newer to running/walking, so will be basing my time on a run After the official race :D.

Start that buddy on C25K stat!

• DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Now taking bets on how much I am going to gain when I weigh in in just a bit. I am going to say 1.8 lbs gained. Oiy.

I've run into the same exact thing - weeks where I think I've gained it turns out I've lost, and weeks that I've thought I did real well (like this one) it turns out I've maintained or gained. Just goes to show you that you can only trust pics and scales XD

5I7JEDi.png
    Direwolf wrote: »

I've run into the same exact thing - weeks where I think I've gained it turns out I've lost, and weeks that I've thought I did real well (like this one) it turns out I've maintained or gained. Just goes to show you that you can only trust pics and scales XD

I know, right? I thought I was getting the hang of everything and then BOOM, curveball. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    ishtra wrote: »

Start that buddy on C25K stat!

I'm hoping to do that once he gets back from vacation :D would be nice.

• Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    So uh, I've got this weight problem.... 199.4!

• BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    Dgeorge318 wrote: »

O

M

G

That's seriously awesome bro.

PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
    Holy crap, not only did all that weight I lost last week stay off, I lost ANOTHER 2.2 pounds this week!

I'm at 255.8 now and it feels amazing!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Chorazin wrote: »
    Holy crap, not only did all that weight I lost last week stay off, I lost ANOTHER 2.2 pounds this week!

Congrats, man! Solid loss.

Congrats, man! Solid loss.

Thanks man! I've been reall strict following my points and walking a ton every day. Seems to be working!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    242.4. Down about two pounds this week. A bit disappointed BUT it's still a loss.

I've also decided that once I get down to my goal weight (and maintain it for a while) that I will be getting the tattoo that I've always wanted. So I've got about a year to work out details me-thinks.

Dgeorge318 wrote: »

That = amazing. You guys (and girls) are all rockin' it! Have any of you tried Crossfit? I started an intro class Monday and am going back for day two tonight. It's fun and interesting, but hard!

So on Saturday or Sunday I'll be wearing my Penny Arcade shirt to the gym. It's the 'Paint the Line' gray shirt. Seeing as PAX is my inspiration, I like to wear stuff like this so I can 'see' it while I'm running. Prepare to see an absolutely drenched shirt and PayneTrayne post workout,.

• DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    So on Saturday or Sunday I'll be wearing my Penny Arcade shirt to the gym. It's the 'Paint the Line' gray shirt. Seeing as PAX is my inspiration, I like to wear stuff like this so I can 'see' it while I'm running. Prepare to see an absolutely drenched shirt and PayneTrayne post workout,.

I wear my PAX shirts too. I know it's bad for them, and I look like a weirdo among all the gymrats, but it's for the same exact reason.

And on a clothing note: just found that a pair of jackets I haven't worn since high school suddenly fit again (yes, I've kept a bunch of smaller clothing through the years in hope of them one day being worn). It's a small thing, but it makes me very happy.

5I7JEDi.png
    edited June 2012
    Direwolf wrote: »

I wear my PAX shirts too. I know it's bad for them, and I look like a weirdo among all the gymrats, but it's for the same exact reason.

And on a clothing note: just found that a pair of jackets I haven't worn since high school suddenly fit again (yes, I've kept a bunch of smaller clothing through the years in hope of them one day being worn). It's a small thing, but it makes me very happy.

Nothing wrong with keeping things here and there. Just don't be a hoarder. ;) I prefer to just dump all my old stuff and start fresh.

I am going to say exactly what I said last week. I think I am going to gain and will be baffled if I lost this week. I did play a ton of hockey again this week, so we will see. If I lose again, then I am back on track.

edit:

I guess it is safe to say I hit the wall quite some time ago. I was stuck at 227-229 and now I am stuck at 224-226.

7348702092_a7e4851402_o.png

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Lost another 2.2lbs this week, dropping me down to 253! I'm glad my body has chosen to drop a lot of weight this past month, but I am not looking forward to the eventual plateau.

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    Stoked - back into the swing of things.
    My current aim is to clock about 20 miles a week. Last week was my first heavier week in run/walking so I hit only 16, but I'm happy with the start. And down a little over 2 lbs already.

So far - ran/jogged 4.13 miles after walking 4.65 yesterday with @Brakdor. So I'm thinking I should be good :)
    In other news - we added more players to our 4mile run/walk - so I'm excited to be going out with a team. Will make the hills Just a little more manageable.

Loving the progress guys!

Lost another 2.2lbs this week, dropping me down to 253! I'm glad my body has chosen to drop a lot of weight this past month, but I am not looking forward to the eventual plateau.

The plateau will get ya right in the pooper. I am not enjoying it. :(

So, starting fights in ice hockey should burn a few more calories, right? Haha.

I think I am going to start going down the street to my sister's and playing Dance Central 2. I played it over the weekend at a friend's house and after an our of taking turns with 5 of us, I was drenched (I play on hard). That should be good for weight loss I would think. Hopefully it kick starts my weight loss again since it appears hockey 2-4 times a week isn't cutting it anymore.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    So my fitbit took a swim in the washer this weekend. Yea those things are not waterproof. As an FYI if you do the same thing, contact the support email and they will offer to send you a new one in exchange for your feedback on the fitbit. Just thought I would share. ;)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    So uh, down to 237 this week. Which means I've lost about ......93 pounds since last August. When I hit that 100 mark I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I think I am going to start going down the street to my sister's and playing Dance Central 2. I played it over the weekend at a friend's house and after an our of taking turns with 5 of us, I was drenched (I play on hard). That should be good for weight loss I would think. Hopefully it kick starts my weight loss again since it appears hockey 2-4 times a week isn't cutting it anymore.

nice - I'm such a fan but haven't been playing it nearly enough

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Whew.. what a whirlwind few weeks ... first, it's great to see the momentum continue for everyone during what could easily be called the downtime between PAX Easts.. seriously.. keep it up!

I thought I was doomed when I stepped on the scale for the first time since my little man was born - 2.5 weeks with no gym, being at home, eating sugar cookies like they were rice cakes.. 6, 7 pounds at least, right?

Happy to report I only put on 3.. back to 215, which is exactly where I wanted to be at this time. Couldn't be happier. Sure, it'd have been nice to stay at 212, but I'm a realist. And a lazy, hungry realist at that :)

Back to it -- a run/walk this morning that kicked my butt, and watching those calories! Time to reclaim my spot on the fitbit leaderboards too :)

vttym wrote: »
    Whew.. what a whirlwind few weeks ... first, it's great to see the momentum continue for everyone during what could easily be called the downtime between PAX Easts.. seriously.. keep it up!

I thought I was doomed when I stepped on the scale for the first time since my little man was born - 2.5 weeks with no gym, being at home, eating sugar cookies like they were rice cakes.. 6, 7 pounds at least, right?

Happy to report I only put on 3.. back to 215, which is exactly where I wanted to be at this time. Couldn't be happier. Sure, it'd have been nice to stay at 212, but I'm a realist. And a lazy, hungry realist at that :)

Back to it -- a run/walk this morning that kicked my butt, and watching those calories! Time to reclaim my spot on the fitbit leaderboards too :)

Congratulations on the whole giving a life thing! Also on the minimal gains! Way to go.

edited June 2012

Grrrrrr. :evil:

I started walking in the morning too, but I can't do a crazy 4 mile run like you do every morning.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin

I agree, there's a lot of momentum keeping up! I recently reviewed when I've done since April 30 as part of the Nerd Fitness challenge I mentioned earlier. It is...a lot.

And I'm glad things didn't get too bad for you. Major kudos for being exactly where you wanted to be!

I think I weighed myself an hour earlier than last week and I am down 2 lbs. Would that make THAT big of a difference?

bYf6vNQ.png
    I think I weighed myself an hour earlier than last week and I am down 2 lbs. Would that make THAT big of a difference?

Not at all. Congrats!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
    edited June 2012
    so i've got 4.13, 4.65, 3.40, and 2 miles so far = 14.18 miles of the 20 I want ... i need to do 3 miles tomorrow and saturday to meet my goal... hoping it'll work :D

trying to work on my points on ole Fitocracy - slowly but surely back on track

ishtra on
    Day 51 of the Gethin workout. I looked at his plan for today and I cried. My shoulders are going to fall off.

Down another 3.4 pounds this week, bringing me to over 75 pounds lost!

Twitter//@chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
This discussion has been closed.