As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Armoured Core: Project [Phalla]ntasma (mini) - End - Village Victory

AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Critical Failures
238139-armored-core-project-phantasma-playstation-screenshot-title.jpg

Setting

Earth is dying. The many wars waged over the previous centuries have released toxic Kojima Particles into the air, making Earth an inhospitable place. Much of the population now lives high above the Earth in Orbiting Cradles. However, the utilization of these Kojima Partices for weapons research is the cause of much unrest. The 5 major Corporations in the Pax Economica, Global Armaments (GA), Rosenthal, Omer Science, Interior Union, and Eqbal have ended their tentative ceasefire and begun launching sorties to hamper each other’s research in the race to become the new world power.

In this race for power, traditional warfare has proven costly and slow, and thus the corporations have turned to a more powerful force to fight their battles for them. That’s where you come in. You are a Lynx - a pilot of the giant mecha named Robotic Armoured Variant: Evolved Normals (RAVENs). You care little for the squabbling of the Pax Economica, but they pay well, so you are willing to lend your services to them.

Most Lynx are mercenaries. They make their living on the conflict between the Corporations, and as long as they exist, you can continue to make money. But recently, rumours suggest that a group of Lynx, dubbing themselves ORCA have formed in an attempt to stop this conflict and bring peace to Earth.

Now that just won’t do.

This setting is based on From Software’s Armoured Core series. It sort of takes place during the timeline of Armoured Core 4 and AC: For Answer, but there are tweaks. There is very little to divine from the source material and apply to this game, so if you are unfamiliar with the setting, don’t let that hold you back.

The Game
This is a Phalla game. If you haven’t played with us before and aren’t exactly sure what that entails, you should definitely read the link, and signup, using lime! There are 25 slots. This is a traditional village vs mafia with a series of special mechanics which YOU SHOULD READ before signing up!

As implied above, every player will all play as Lynx ie: pilots of giant mecha, named RAVENs, and be involved in the conflict over the Kojima Particles on Earth.

Special Rules
There is a lot of information here. I would strongly suggest reading this before signing up.

The RAVEN
Every RAVEN is made up of 5 major parts.
Head
Core
Legs
Arm-Weapon
Shoulder-Weapon

Every RAVEN starts with no pieces and must purchase them from the RAVEN store (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap_furI7W7DKdHE2ZDFvenkwVU5SbndHNER6ZlYwUEE) to equip themselves. There are many pieces available to modify and upgrade. The Lynx may alter his RAVEN’s equipment if he comes across any (purchasing, rewards, etc). Each of the pieces is made by one of the Pax Economica Corporations.

Players start with 110 Credits. They may purchase any piece at the store, but they must have something in each slot. There is no inherent advantage or disadvantage to buying from one company as opposed to multiple. Whenever a player wishes to purchase any part they should PM me the part name. A player must have 5 pieces before the end of Day 1.

These pieces of equipment grant primary stats
Payload
Shielding
Radar
Mobility

The score of each piece is added to the other pieces to create a composite score in the primary stats. So a Core with 4 Shielding, Legs with 3 Shielding, and Head with 2 Shielding, Arm Weapon with 0 Shielding and Shoulder Weapon with 0 Shielding would result in an effective Shielding Score of 9.

However, they are limited by their secondary stats
Energy
Weight

RAVENs have a Weight Limit (WL) dictated by their Core piece, and an Energy Capacity (EC) dictated by their Core. If either of these are exceeded, the RAVEN cannot function. Every piece of equipment has an EN and WGT value that when pooled must be equal or below their WL or EC. So if a player is debating which Shoulder to buy, and their Core has an Energy Capacity of 20, Energy use of 5. Legs with 5 Energy Use, Head with 2 Energy Use, Arm Weapon with 1 Energy Use, the Shoulder must have 7 Energy Use or less, or the Mech will not function. Weight is the exact same mechanic. Both must be within limits.

When purchasing equipment, it is assumed the player is changing their current loadout to equip it. If this puts the RAVEN over EC or WL then the RAVEN will be unable to undertake missions or battle in the arena.

Purchases should be made in PM to me. But when doing so, indicate your purchase with the SHORTHAND name. So for the first item on the sheet, it is a head made by Rosenthal, if you wish to purchase it, you would write "RO-H-1".

Pieces of Equipment not used may NOT be sold back to the store, and are forever kept by the player in storage, as alternates if the player wishes to change their equipment. Money may not be transferred between RAVENs.

If the player wishes to alter their Loadout they may PM me the revised Loadout anytime during the day, but it will lock in at vote close until the narration is finished.

Actions
Every RAVEN has these two actions they can choose between.

Mission
or
Arena

Mission:
A RAVEN undertakes a mission for a particular corporation.
Benefits: missions are a good source of money for accomplished RAVENs. Additionally, each Corporation will perform a special action for whichever player has the most Corporation Points(explained below), as long as there are no ties for 1st.

Every day the 5 corporations will post 1 special mission, as well as general missions. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap_furI7W7DKdE5LVUQ3b3F0ckhXcUtENmNjTmR5eEE
The above sheet will be updated every day with the new Special Missions.

Special missions are only completable by one RAVEN each day. In the event that multiple RAVENs attempt the Special Mission, whichever RAVEN has the highest Mission Score will be granted the rewards. The rewards for Special Missions are usually higher than General Missions.

General missions are repeatable missions available every day, for as many RAVENs who want to do them.

Missions have a Difficulty Rating, represented with Stars. a 1-Star mission is the easiest, 4-Star the hardest.
1-Star: 35
2-Star: 47
3-Star: 65
4-Star: 85
If your RAVEN’s Composite Score is not equal to or greater than the values listed, you will have great difficulty with the mission and are much more likely to fail it. If a RAVEN chooses to undertake a mission, their primary stats are tested. They must equal or exceed 3 of the 4 stats to succeed.

If successful the RAVEN is granted a Mission Rank. D, C, B, A, or S.

At the end of every day after attempting a mission, the player will receive a PM with their Mission Rank and any rewards. The player earns 100% of the Reward for a D rank, and +25% per rank above that (so 200% for a Rank S). The base value depends on the mission in question. Typically higher Difficulty Ratings have higher rewards. Some missions may give bonuses beyond money for S ranks.

Missions also grant Corporation Points, though this is a secret value. Each corporation keeps tabs on the RAVENs that do missions for them. The Corporation Score is a mixture of Mission Rank, as well as number of missions done. Keep in mind that doing missions that harm a corporation may also reduce Corporation Points. Having a high corporation score may lead to extra benefits! Having the highest corporation score within an individual company grants the RAVEN access to a special ability.

Rosenthal Ability: Equipment/Action Seer
Scout Detail: Rosenthal appreciate your work. They will send out their highly trained recon team to trail one player you choose. This will inform you of their actions for the day, as well as the equipment they have equipped.

GA Ability: Vigilante
Orbital Kojima Cannon: Global Armaments appreciate your work. They will allow you to use their prototype weapon, the Orbital Kojima Cannon on any RAVEN you choose. This will destroy the target.

Interior Union Ability: Guard
Kojima Forcefield: Interior Union appreciate your work. This will allow you to use their prototype forcefield generator. You may target any RAVEN you choose (including yourself), and prevent a single kill attempt on them. This does not protect against the Vote.

Eqbal Ability: Roleblock
EMP Cannon: Eqbal appreciate your work. They will grant you use of their prototype EMP cannon, which you may fire at another player’s hanger. This deactivates their RAVEN for the day, preventing them from taking any actions (this is a roleblock). Any arena challenges against the target are unaffected.

Omer Science Ability: Mission Log Seer
Hack Records: Omer Science appreciate your work. They will task their computer experts to break into the Pax Economica mission database. You may choose one player, and these hackers will report that player’s past mission history.

An example of the Mission Dossier given at the start of each Quarter is

Mission Name
Corporation that Posts the Mission
Rewards
Difficulty Rating
Effects on the Operating Margins of different Corporations

ex:
“Attack the Rosenthal Arms Fort”
Poster: Global Armaments
Reward: 100 Credits
Difficulty Rating: ★★★
Effect: +Global Armaments
-Rosenthal

Players may attempt multiple missions in one round for extra rewards (they may even do the same mission twice). However, the difficulty of each mission is added together, so if Geist wanted to do the above mission twice, the DR would be 70. Because Special Missions can only be done once, these cannot be done multiple times, nor can they be mixed with General Missions.
If the RAVEN fails, he fails the entire mission, and gets no rewards (no half rewards). Success grants rewards for each mission, so effectively double the money, corporation points, operating margins, etc.
Typically it is better to do a Special Mission, but sometimes those are not available, and double (or triple, etc), missions are appropriate.

Each time a mission is completed, the corporations involved may see their operating margin increase or decrease. The exact values are not given, but a general idea is given with the Mission Dossier. At the end of each Quarter (Day), the Operating Margins of each of the five corporations are posted.

If a company faces 4 consecutive rounds of negative Operating Margins, they are disbanded. Any equipment they sell are are no longer purchasable from the market, though players who already have them may continue to use them. Their special ability is no longer available, either.

For example: every corp starts at an Operating Margin of 0.
Geist completes his Global Armaments mission, increasing their OM by 1, but decreasing Rosenthal by 5.
GA become: +1
Rosenthal becomes: -5

This means Rosenthal have suffered one quarter of losses.
In the following quarters, Geist begins doing Rosenthal missions, getting them +1 OM each quarter.
Q2: Rosenthal: -4
Q3: Rosenthal: -3
Q4: Rosenthal: -2

After Q4, Rosenthal still remain in the negative, so despite increasing in the past 3 quarters, they never got out of negative cash flow, and are dissolved.

A corporation at a positive operating profit has no real impact other than a defense against being less susceptible to future attacks.

Arena
The second place that RAVENs will be able to ply their trade is in the Arena.

Benefits: the top RAVEN at the end of each day may ask for the decommission of a RAVEN that is not within the top 5 in the rankings (this is a vig). This only occurs if the top RAVEN is not tied with any other.
Secondly, each RAVEN is granted a stipend they receive each quarter based on their position.
1 - 250
2 - 200
3 - 175
4 - 150
5 - 140
6 - 130
7 - 120
8 - 110
9 - 105
10 - 100
11 - 50
12 - 40
13 - 30
14 - 20
15 - 10
16 - 0
17 - 0
18 - 0
19 - 0
20 - 0
21 - 0
22 - 0
23 - 0
24 - 0
25 - 0

When selecting the Arena option, a player may challenge any other RAVEN within 10 ranks of them. The exception is that only players in the top 5 positions may challenge the top Rank RAVEN. If ties cause this to be impossible (ie: 10 rank 9 players, and you are rank 20), you may challenge any of the tied players directly ahead of you. A victory puts you one rank above your opponent (so a rank 10 beating a rank 7 would become the new rank 7, while the old rank 7 becomes rank 8). A higher ranked player cannot challenge lower ranked players. In the event of a tie, the lowest position is the rank all tied parties take. This means everyone starts at Rank 25.

There is a special Arena action available called "Consolidate". This means that instead of attempting to increase your Rank, you just seek to hold your position (so you cannot challenge anyone new). This grants you +1 to all 4 Primary Stats against anyone who challenges you.

To calculate the winner of an arena fight.
The duel faces the challenger’s(P1) stats off with the challenged (P2)
P1: Payload vs P2: Shielding
P1: Detection vs P2: Mobility
P1: Shielding vs P2: Payload
P1: Mobility vs P2: Detection
P1: Composite vs P2: Composite

If P1 is victorious in more of the faceoffs than P2, then he wins the battle and moves up the ladder. If P2 wins more faceoffs, then there is no change in the ladder.

If the two have equal number of victories, then the Challenger wins.

Ex: Geist has
Payload: 10
Shielding: 8
Mobility: 12
Radar: 12
Composite: 42

and challenges White Glint
Payload: 15
Shieding: 10
Mobility: 10
Radar: 8
Composite: 43

Payload vs Shielding: 10-10= Tie
Shielding vs Payload: 8-15=White Glint
Radar vs Mobility: 12-10= Geist
Mobility vs Radar: 12-8 = Geist
Composite vs Composite 42-43 = White Glint

As the end result is 2-2, so the Challenger (Geist) wins.

All Arena Matches are resolved simultaneously, and new positions established.

For example, if Player 1 is Rank 5 is challenged by Player 2, Rank 10, who is challenged by Player 3, Rank 13, and both challengers win.

Player 3 moves up to Rank 10, pushing Player 2 into 11th, but Player 2 also beat Rank 5, so Player 1 is pushed into Rank 6, and Player 2 becomes Rank 5, so Player 3 will end up in Rank 11.

Order of Operations
Vote > Equipment Purchase/Equipping > Preventative Actions > Offensive Actions > Other Actions > Missions > Arena > All Point Gains > Operating Margin Changes > Arena Rank Changes

IMPORTANT: Signing Up

When signing up, every player needs to choose two things
One: their RAVEN name - this should be done in the thread.

Two: they have 5 points to spend. They may either grant themselves “Arena Points” or Corporation Points, or a mix of the two that adds up to 5. If selecting Corporation Points, you may indicate the corporation you wish to be involved with, or I will RNG you a corporation along with your role. You may even split the Corporation Points amongst multiple Corps. I will organize the Arena Ladder based on the number of Arena Points each player chooses (so someone who chooses 5 will be 1st if no one else chooses 5). Your point choices should be PM'd, regardless of which you choose.

However, if you sign up without this information, you forego them, and I will be ruthless when choosing your RAVEN name!

Playing the Game

Players are expected to post at least twice per day, and vote every day. Two absences will result in replacement.

Ask for clarifications in bold darkorange. I will try to answer them best I can, but obviously some things will not be clarified. Additionally - you may PM me with specific questions, and I will respond in the same manner, unless I feel your question is of critical import to the rest of the players.

I would appreciate invitations to any proboards created for discussions, and into PM conversations.

You may not contact anonymously, role-call, post your host PMs, etc. Standard phalla rules, please abide by them!
I want to go a step further here to clarify - you cannot hint at your role with words from your PM. I will consider that the same as posting a host PM and take action accordingly.
You may discuss mission results and things of that ilk. If in doubt, ask.

Voting

Every quarter the Lynxes file a report on the Lynx they think is a member of ORCA by posting their name in bold red. If you later find their behaviour less suspicious, you may retract in boldlime, though this is not required if you merely wish to change your vote. The Pax Economica will petition (read: bribe) the World Government to decommission the Lynx in question based on whoever is the subject of the most reports. Ties eliminate all players, but there is no trickle effect.

Voting closes at 8PM PDT. Actions must also be in by 8PM PDT.

Closing Remarks:

This game has gone through a couple of revisions, and I have almost certainly left some information in, and other parts out. If something is confusing PLEASE PLEASE ask me about it. I do not want people to be confused! For the most part, the mechanics should be very approachable, though I know there is a lot to know.
Additionally - if you have suggestions about better ways to portray the data, let me know, and I will do my best to accommodate you. If you have problems viewing Googledocs, let's talk and we can try to fix that as well.

Ok, here is a tool I have made so that you guys don't have to worry about whether you've calculated your RAVEN properly

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap_furI7W7DKdHpkQjA1WFJkRXVLU3F6akY3MUVKM2c

All you have to do is input the pieces you purchase into the areas listed (so your head in head piece, core in core, etc), and it should calculate your stats. I have examples in there, just to illustrate the point, but obviously put your own.

I would recommend making your own spreadsheet with the same formatting.

Any questions, shoot 'em at me. If there are issues I will make personalized ones for everyone that wants one, but copy pasting that template into a new doc should work fine.

(Disclaimer: there should be no sensitive material in that document, but I am sort of trusting you guys will not go deliberately looking for some, because I am not perfect, and could easily have missed something.

Villager PM
Villager:

You are the Lynx who pilots the <RAVEN>. You are a mercenary, fighting for money and fame. It’s a dangerous life, but you wouldn’t trade it for anything. The ORCA group are threatening this paradigm, and must be stopped.

Abilities:
Registered RAVEN
:Every day you may either participate in the Arena, or undertake a posted mission.

Win Condition: The ORCA group are eliminated without completing their objective.

Thank you to MrBlarney for making this more playable, and Langly for some aesthetic tips!

AkimboLegs on

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Arena Ranks: Day 5

1 SLyM
    2 TheRoadVirus
    4 JaysonFour
    4 MrTLicious
    5 SeGaTai
    6 Void Slayer
    9 Majestic Goat
    9 Anialos
    9 Stever777
    13 Bedlam
    13 Cythraul
    13 Smoove Operator
    13 Egos

Operating Margins Day 5
    Rosenthal: 0
    Global Armaments: +11
    Interior Union: +25
    Eqbal: +14
    Omer Science: -4

Operating Margins Day 4

Rosenthal: 0
    Global Armaments: +13
    Interior Union: +13
    Eqbal: +12
    Omer Science: -6

Operating Margins Day 3
    Rosenthal: +6
    Global Armaments: +6
    Interior Union: +11
    Eqbal: +7
    Omer Science: -6

Operating Margins Day 2
    Rosenthal: +6
    GA: +6
    Interior Union: +8
    Eqbal: 0
    Omer Science: +2

Arena Ranks: Day 4
    1 Spoit
    2 SLyM
    3 TheRoadVirus
    5 JaysonFour
    5 MrTLicious
    6 SeGaTai
    7 Void Slayer
    10 Majestic Goat
    10 Anialos
    10 Stever777
    11 Obifett
    18 jdarksun
    18 Assuran
    18 Figgy
    18 Cythraul
    18 Smoove Operator
    18 Egos
    Arena Ranks: Day 3
    1 Spoit
    3 TheRoadVirus
    3 SLyM
    5 JaysonFour
    5 MrTLicious
    6 SeGaTai
    7 Void Slayer
    11 Majestic Goat
    11 kime
    11 Anialos
    11 Stever777
    12 Obifett
    20 jdarksun
    20 Assuran
    20 Figgy
    20 Cythraul
    20 The Anonymous
    20 Smoove Operator
    20 Egos
    20 Kaplar

Arena Rankings Day 2
    2 - Spoit
    2 - Baidol
    5 - Mr. Mojo Risin
    5 - JaysonFour
    5 - MrTLicious
    6 - SeGaTai
    8 - SLyM
    8 - Void Slayer
    13 - TheRoadVirus
    13 - Majestic Goat
    13 - kime
    13 - Anialos
    13 - Stever777
    14 - Obifett
    22 - jdarksun
    22 - Assuran
    22 - Figgy
    22 - Cythraul
    22 - The Anonymous
    22 - Smoove Operator
    22 - Egos
    22 - Kaplar

Arena Ranking: Day 1
    6 - Mr. Mojo Risin
    6 - M.D.
    6 - JaysonFour
    6 - MrTLicious
    6 - REG Rysk
    6 - Baidol
    7 - SeGaTai
    9 - SLyM
    9 - Void Slayer
    14 - TheRoadVirus
    14 - Majestic Goat
    14 - kime
    14 - Anialos
    14 - Stever777
    16 - Obifett
    16 - SaberOverEasy
    25 - jdarksun
    25 - Assuran
    25 - Figgy
    25 - Langly
    25 - Cythraul
    25 - The Anonymous
    25 - Smoove Operator
    25 - Egos
    25 - Kaplar

Some useful Acronyms

PL Payload
    SH Shielding
    RA Radar
    MO Mobility
    CS Composite Score
    WL Weight Limit
    EC Energy Capacity
    CP Corporation Points
    EN Energy Cost
    WG Weight
    MR Mission Rank
    DR Difficulty Rating
    CR Credits
    OM Operating Margins
    Q# Quarter (ie: Day) number
    GA Global Armaments Corporation
    IU Interior Union Corporation
    EQ Eqbal Corporation
    OS Omer Science Corporation
    RO Rosenthal Corporation

Clarifications
    Unspent starting credits are retained for future used

If 3 players are tied in arena position, and two battle each other, the loser and the non-competer are still ranked equally, while the winner would go one position above

Players cannot trade equipment with the store after it has been owned for one day. Substitutions may be made the day of purchase until vote close.

Players cannot trade equipment with each other

The advantage of the Skirmish mission is that it is the only mission that can penalize multiple corporations at once

Arena Stipends are given "At the start of the day" after resolution of the night's bouts. So if you move up in rank due to your fights, you will get an increased stipend.

There is no arena stipend on Day 1

If two arena players are tied, and one challenges the other and loses, they remain tied
    --Any players challenging the same ranked targets will all move to the same eventual position at the end

Any role (mafia, SK, cults, masons, specials, etc) in the game has access to the Corporation powers and Arena Vig by being top of the relevant pile

Players taking opposite sides of the mission do not compete against each other to determine success

An Operating Margin of 0 is not negative

Signup List, ie: RAVEN Roster
    3. SLyM - Corvid
    7. Smoove Operator - Blast Hardcheese
    9. MrTLicious - K'Zirdav
    12. Figgy Bedlam - Bolt Vanderhuge
    13. JaysonFour - Bluefin
    14. Stever777 - Nemesis
    15. TheRoadVirus - General Iroh
    16. SeGaTai - Mega Goose
    17. Egos - Iron Claw
    19. Void Slayer - Yellow Bandit
    22. Anialos - Mr. Purrington
    23. Cythraul - Inactivus
    25. Majestic Goat - Mega Wang

The Dead

Night One

5. Langly - Mr. Missle - Villager - Decommissioned by the World Government
    20. Saber Over Easy - Hammer Time - Villager - Ambushed by ORCA
    24. M.D. - Cotillion - Ex-Pax Economica Employee - Decommissioned by the World Government

Night Two
    6. Mr. Mojo Risin - Soiled Nethers - Villager - Decommissioned by the World Government
    11. Baidol - Hugglesmeister - Master of Arena - Ambushed by ORCA

Night Three
    4. The Anonymous - P.N.S. Wangod - Professional - Ambushed by ORCA
    8. Kime - Melon Lord - Villager - Caught in Core Explosion
    21. Kaplar - That's So - ORCA RAVEN - Core Detonation

Night Four
    1. Obifett - Jade Shadow - Villager - Ambushed by ORCA
    2. jdarksun - Punt Speedchunk - ORCA RAVEN - Decommissioned by the Arena & destroyed by Orbital Kojima Cannon
    10. Spoit - Nine Ball - Villager - Caught in Core Explosion
    18. Assuran - Poe - ORCA RAVEN - Core Detonation

Narrations

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Phalla,

I can't stop

• Options
    And let me just say that this looks ridiculously complicated and awesome

• Options
    Uh

I didn't read the sign up stuff

RAVEN name: Jade Shadow

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I will name my raven Corvid

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    A name, I thought to myself. Every RAVEN needs a name. So then, I'll call it...

P.N.S. Wangod

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I loved AC so much

SO

MUCH

RAVEN name: Mr. Missile

• Options

All Purchases for parts should be made in a PM to me.

not sure that was clear, I'll add it to the OP as well.

• Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Oh god this looks awesome. Sign up Im feeling saucy and leaving my name blank, do your worst!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Armoured Core. Reading these rules nearly brought a tear to my eye. I'll come up with a suitable RAVEN name later, for now, though

Launch Sortie

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Mr. Purrington

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    K'Zirdav

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Man, I'd love to do this, but my main will be going up tomorrow.

So, I'll just be watching with interest.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Can we trade old equipment?

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Nine Ball reporting

I loved that name from the original. I played the hell out of that game.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Can we trade old equipment?

No. I will probably allow it if you make mistakes and want to correct before a day is over, though.

• Options
    What is the incentive to pick skirmish over the other general mission options?

• Options
    What is the incentive to pick skirmish over the other general mission options?

It penalizes all other companies, rather than amplifying. Most missions only penalize one company.

• Options
    Seems like a mafia move :P

• Options
    edited June 2012
    If 3 people are tied for a position in the arena, and one challenges another and wins, does the loser end up higher, lower, or tied to the player that sat out for the round?

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Can we trade old equipment with other players?

Nay

• Options
    If 3 people are tied for a position in the arena, and one challenges another and wins, does the loser end up higher, lower, or tied to the player that sat out for the round?

Tied.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    This is looks hilariously complicated for a mini.

Hugglesmeister, engage.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Credits unspent in the initial purchase stage are retained by the player for the game proper, yes?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Ok, here is a tool I have made so that you guys don't have to worry about whether you've calculated your RAVEN properly

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap_furI7W7DKdHpkQjA1WFJkRXVLU3F6akY3MUVKM2c

All you have to do is input the pieces you purchase into the areas listed (so your head in head piece, core in core, etc), and it should calculate your stats. I have examples in there, just to illustrate the point, but obviously put your own.

I would recommend making your own spreadsheet with the same formatting.

Any questions, shoot 'em at me. If there are issues I will make personalized ones for everyone that wants one, but copy pasting that template into a new doc should work fine.

(Disclaimer: there should be no sensitive material in that document, but I am sort of trusting you guys will not go deliberately looking for some, because I am not perfect, and could easily have missed something.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    Credits unspent in the initial purchase stage are retained by the player for the game proper, yes?

Yes

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I'm in as Bolt VanderHuge

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Also snagged that jorb I was interviewing for. Yay! I'm now a real boy!

• Options
    Congratulations, Figgy.

Now, taste my laser.

• Options
    Congrats!

• Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    Also snagged that jorb I was interviewing for. Yay! I'm now a real boy!

Congratulations!

Don't let it get in the way of your real job!

As a RAVEN.

:)

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    When is the intended start of Day 1?

• Options
    Thanks, guys! And don't worry, I still have to give notice/adjust my schedule with my current job, so I've got plenty of time over the next few days for the purchasing and usage of mountable weapons of mass destruction.

• Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    When is the intended start of Day 1?

Probably tomorrow night, depends on if we fill 'er

• Options
    Is the arena stipend based on your rank at the beginning of the day or after resolution? For example, on day 2, when you earn some amount of money based on your arena rank, is it based on your ranking fro day 1, or based on your new ranking that you will enjoy that day?

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I have time on my hands again!
    RAVEN name: Bluefin

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Is the arena stipend based on your rank at the beginning of the day or after resolution? For example, on day 2, when you earn some amount of money based on your arena rank, is it based on your ranking fro day 1, or based on your new ranking that you will enjoy that day?

Based on the start of day 2/after resolution of day 1.

To add to this: players don't get an arena stipend Day 1.

• Options
    Sorry, with another main starting up and the level of complicated this is I'm going to !withdraw. Should be a fun read though.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    If I die soon in the Persephone phalla, I will totes sign up. Until then, I will watch happily. Giant robits fighting with the punchkicking is always cool. Just can't do 3 phalli at once.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Points will have to wait until this evening.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile