As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Gesundheit; Sneeze of Mystery

19495969798100»

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Me too man, me too...

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Morskittar wrote: »
    There are not words to express how much I loathe the appearance of Malifaux minis.

I despise them in an equally inexpressible way. Maybe something about Tim Burton or Hot Topic. I dunno.

hah, yes.
    I wouldn't say I despise Malifaux but the style and figures really do not grab me. Again, I can't really say why.
    Infinity on the other hand.
    Oh man, now I got some space I gotta crack open the stuff Asher got me for SS :D

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I'm not a fan of the Malifaux models, but there is some rather nice scenery for the game; The Streets of Malifaux, Buildings of Malifaux and The Sewers of Malifaux being the three sets I know of.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I do fucking love me some skirmish games though

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    The malifaux site seems excessively pretentious to me, mostly because it makes me load full-colour pictures or the gallery and only then applies a sepia tone filter, even allowing the faux-newspaper stylings on account ofthe setting.

Also @Morskittar: are you gonna make the new thread?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    mr_mich wrote: »
    Man, clearly the tutorials I've watched/read haven't done the line any justice. That list is almost too big.

My point with other games still stands though...picking to skirmish 5-10 out of 15 units isn't as thrilling.

The thing about Infinity is while it seems like you have 10-15 units, each units selections are actually important as well. If I want to take 2 Hassassin Muyibs, and choose one with a DEP and one with a rifle, and next game one with a spitfire and one with a shotgun, those are both going to play completely differently despite still being Hassassin Muyibs. Basically, every model, despite being part of a unit type, is its own selection. So when you look at say, the Yu Jing model page and see around 30 models, those 30 models all play very, very differently.

Infinity almost has too many options, despite not being able to individually personalise the equipment of each model.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    If only instead of a single pose miniature they gave you a sprue with ARM OPTIONS AND STUFF AND THEN MAYBE CHANGE THE SETTING TO THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE WHERE THERE IS ONLY WAR AND GOD EMPERORS!

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    And call it warhammer infinityk

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Prime wrote: »
    so from adverts and pure online presence im guessing http://www.battlefoam.com/ is the one for large cases. Anyone got any experiance with them and the cases?

There's also KR Multicase which I'm eyeballing myself, because I like their system of trays in cardboard boxes - you can just store the cardboard boxes wherever and bring only what you need in your carrying case.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Prime wrote: »
    so from adverts and pure online presence im guessing http://www.battlefoam.com/ is the one for large cases. Anyone got any experiance with them and the cases?

There's also KR Multicase which I'm eyeballing myself, because I like their system of trays in cardboard boxes - you can just store the cardboard boxes wherever and bring only what you need in your carrying case.

Battlefoam has this now as well. Of course, KR's system works a bit better because you put the cardboard boxes in the case, but Battlefoam now sell boxes the right size for their trays that stack.

Depending on what army you have, I'd recommend Battlefoam purely for their laser cut trays. If you have a lot of large, awkwardly shaped models, and they have laser cut trays specifically for them (for example, a Tyranid army), I'd say Battlefoam all the way.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Depending on what army you have, I'd recommend Battlefoam purely for their laser cut trays. If you have a lot of large, awkwardly shaped models, and they have laser cut trays specifically for them (for example, a Tyranid army), I'd say Battlefoam all the way.

KR does that too. And not knowing much else about what the difference is, I guess it all comes down to price/shipping. Or maybe wanting an aluminium case or something.

• Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Ok I'll look into and compare the two. Thanks.

• Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    The malifaux site seems excessively pretentious to me, mostly because it makes me load full-colour pictures or the gallery and only then applies a sepia tone filter, even allowing the faux-newspaper stylings on account ofthe setting.

Also @Morskittar: are you gonna make the new thread?

Happy to, though I probably won't have time 'till later tonight.

snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Echo wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »

KR does that too. And not knowing much else about what the difference is, I guess it all comes down to price/shipping. Or maybe wanting an aluminium case or something.

Main thing is tray size. Battlefoam do over 8" deep laster cut trays (nice for Tyranid players and their monstrous monstrosities and Fantasy players with all the new huge models appearing). Then there's the custom tray creator as well, and the ability to send your own tray design to them to laser cut for those models that just aren't coverent by basic shapes or normal model outlines.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Yeah, as a night goblin only themed army im looking for as many minis in a tray as possible. I have LOTS of single gobbos on foot. Battlefoam have a tray that stores 91, so looking good there at 3 deep. In the bag im eyeing up, that leaves me with around 4 inches of foam for larger items.

• Options
    Battlefoam is good stuff. If you don't mind paying a little extra, you'll get great use out of a Battlefoam case. And yeah, some of their troop trays are really economical on how many they fit.

• Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.