As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Making a new thread for the BWE. See you guys on Aspenwood soon!

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Guys. Guys. TODAY!

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Adda wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    oh god still CPU bound *vomit*

Yeah that's a shame, also
    Currently, adjusting the core clock speed of the GPU or CPU typically results in lower performance.
    It is advised that you leave core clock speeds at factory defaults.

I'm not going to de-clock my pc just to avoid a performance hit.

That actually confuses me. If the game is CPU bound, why would increasing your CPU speed (performance) reduce game performance? As a hardware guy, that confuses me. Must be a software thing...

If a party is split when traveling, players can right-click on the portrait of a separated party member and choose “Join in…” to reunite with them. Party members will be unable to travel to the main map if it is full, so players in the main map will need to travel to the overflow map to reunite the party.

Answers my question about being able to force yourself to the overflow map to join up with friends.

edited June 2012
    Entaru wrote: »
    Guys. Guys. TODAY!

Indeed! Let the grind journey to 35 begin (in a few hours)!

am0n on
  • charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    Excited to pop in tonight with you guys. I have a buddy of mine whose coming in this weekend, so only tonight + Sunday I can play. Looking forward to moar WuvWuv like before. Maybe another "epic orb chase" on the horizon?

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Tonight 10pm est for me.

• MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    So who else is just straight up just pve'ing ? mainly trying to hit level 35 for explorable mode.

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    Adda wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    oh god still CPU bound *vomit*

Yeah that's a shame, also
    Currently, adjusting the core clock speed of the GPU or CPU typically results in lower performance.
    It is advised that you leave core clock speeds at factory defaults.

I'm not going to de-clock my pc just to avoid a performance hit.

That actually confuses me. If the game is CPU bound, why would increasing your CPU speed (performance) reduce game performance? As a hardware guy, that confuses me. Must be a software thing...

Eh, I wouldn't stress it - I ran last BWE with a heavily OC'd CPU without a single performance problem. I really don't know why they say that, as you're correct it makes zero sense that a faster processor offers lower performance...

96058.png?1619393207
  • DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    as much as I want to do PvE I think I will save that for release. Who is up for WvW shenanigans once the servers go live? I should be on most of the evening tonight.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
    edited June 2012
    They say it in hopes to stave off bug reports from people who are OC'd and are running an unstable rig because they don't know what they are doing. (I.E. no one here.)

Seidkona on
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    as much as I want to do PvE I think I will save that for release. Who is up for WvW shenanigans once the servers go live? I should be on most of the evening tonight.

I'm sure there will be a group tonight. I plan to be on but it depends on if my buddy is driving down tonight or tomorrow morning. So I cannot commit right now.

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png

Im looking for people down to make a pvp WuvWuv group that doesnt wanna follow the main zerg and take all other objectives. Really wanna see the skill 1v1, 2v2 aspect of PvP in wuvwuv.

i like hitting on doors as much as the next guy, but ill pass.

Marslo wrote: »

i like hitting on doors as much as the next guy, but ill pass.

You know, siege equipment fixes that problem. Two rams and that sucker goes down fast.

People just need to be organized enough to get them up and be willing to break to grab supply.

Im looking for people down to make a pvp WuvWuv group that doesnt wanna follow the main zerg and take all other objectives. Really wanna see the skill 1v1, 2v2 aspect of PvP in wuvwuv.

I'm all for smaller groups being more mobile and working together. I'll be in TS while I play so lets organize some stuff.

• F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    I forgot which server I made my elementalist on and I want to get her to 35, but also WvW with you guys.

Is there going to be any way to do a server change?

edited June 2012
    So who else is just straight up just pve'ing ? mainly trying to hit level 35 for explorable mode.

You know I am (Guardian). Rysk is also (Unsure what class). Both of us have toons early to mid-20s. Do you have one from BWE1? Or are you starting from level 1?

am0n on
    edited June 2012
    F87 wrote: »
    I forgot which server I made my elementalist on and I want to get her to 35, but also WvW with you guys.

Yes. Server transfers will be free until 6 pm PDT. After that they will cost 1800 gems.

Edit: Apparently it's 6pm of June 9. Cool.

Seidkona on
    edited June 2012

World transfers will be free of charge on June 8 from Noon PDT (GMT -7) until 6PM PDT (GMT -7) on June 9.

You know I am (Guardian). Rysk is also (Unsure what class). Both of us have toons early to mid-20s. Do you have one from BWE1? Or are you starting from level 1?

I have a lvl 26 theif from the first BWE that ill try to work out a decant vit/end or support build.

Marslo on
    edited June 2012
    double posting because i can.

Marslo on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Any word on whether guesting is in this BWE?

World transfers will be free of charge on June 8 from Noon PDT (GMT -7) until 6PM PDT (GMT -7) on June 9.

I have a lvl 26 theif from the first BWE that ill try to work out a decant vit/end or support build.

Sounds good. Looks like we are a solid chunk of group towards running some dungeons on Sunday-ish.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Stuck at work all day and frothing. I still have no clue what class I want to play this weekend.

I played all day during the stress test and I still didn't get the way combat works.

Like I was trying to explain this game to coworkers today to get them to buy it and they were asking about how things work in groups and dungeons and stuff and I had to say 'I honestly have no fucking clue'.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    What were the issues that people were seeing with the TS3 overlay? Playing with it to see if we can solve any of the problems.

edited June 2012

People just need to be organized enough to get them up and be willing to break to grab supply.

Most people in the PA TS server were running as a group doing this exact thing.

charrbroiled on
    4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Geod wrote: »
    What were the issues that people were seeing with the TS3 overlay? Playing with it to see if we can solve any of the problems.

It would turn effects off. Couldn't see spell effects, couldn't see circles/stuff on the ground representing abilities or effects. The first few hours I played I thought the game was garbage because there were no graphics! =P

Thank you. I'm sorry I haven't had the time to get in to look at it.

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    I plan on Wuvwuving for the vast majority of this weekend, similar to how it was last weekend.

It is going to be so good.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular

It would turn effects off. Couldn't see spell effects, couldn't see circles/stuff on the ground representing abilities or effects. The first few hours I played I thought the game was garbage because there were no graphics! =P

Guess we'll see when I get in the game. I fixed some weird graphical issues on the login screen by toggling some settings. Also am now able to interact with the overlay while in game (right click on it, switch channels, etc) which I had trouble with before.

• derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    Guys. Guys. TODAY!

This is me since i've woken up
    carlton-dance-gif.gif

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Remember that Anet likes to open up a little early. You know, it never hurts to try to login early.

what a happy day it is
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    doomybear wrote: »
    Remember that Anet likes to open up a little early. You know, it never hurts to try to login early.

Me since getting up this morning:

*try to login*

Dammit!

-hour later-

Dammit!

-30 minutes later-

Dammit!

-15 minutes later-

Dammit!

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Still got like, 5 hours don't we?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    edited June 2012

I'm all for smaller groups being more mobile and working together. I'll be in TS while I play so lets organize some stuff.

Ill be on tonight around 10PM EST.

Most people cant get the doors down because they just join the zerg group and run around like zombies, no organization or communication. I would love to have two groups (10 people) running together and take all the smaller towns/caravans while zerg gets the castles.

Triiipledot on
    I'm getting my G13 all setup for tonight. I forget who the original person was who took the time to create the macros, but thank you. This layout should serve me much better.

I'm getting my G13 all setup for tonight. I forget who the original person was who took the time to create the macros, but thank you. This layout should serve me much better.

It was @LordOfMeep

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Landed a day off today.

Winning.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Less than four hours until bwe2

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

Most people cant get the doors down because they just join the zerg group and run around like zombies. I would love to have two groups (10 people) running together and take all the smaller towns/caravans while zerg gets the castles.

I'm probably going to be atrociously bad but I can at least follow directions!

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705

It was @LordOfMeep

Ah excellent. Thank you @LordOfMeep I was able to tweak it slightly for my tastes, but its fantastic.

Most people cant get the doors down because they just join the zerg group and run around like zombies. I would love to have two groups (10 people) running together and take all the smaller towns/caravans while zerg gets the castles.

I should be online and rolling at that time. Just find me on TS and we'll get to taken over their supply.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I may go take a nap now so I can BWE all night long.

This discussion has been closed.