As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unable to Connect over 50% of the time

Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
When I am browsing the forums, over half of my clicks are resulting in "Unable to Connect" messages.

I'm using Firefox, here's the error I get:
Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.penny-arcade.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I get pages ending up like this a lot of times too.

Then often the emoticons end up like this. As you can see, it's happening right now as I type this.

It's totally possible this problem is limited to my computer only. Since normally the problems I get on these boards are shared with other users, I figured it wasn't my computer and it's the board. Sorry if I've caused a false alarm.

I don't get this problem on any other sites - EXCEPT IMAGESHACK. Not sure if that means Imageshack is just always busy like these forums, or if this problem is not simply limited ot these boards and it's my own.

Thanks

Black Ice on

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I have bene having the same problem for a week or two. Problems with PA. Alpha is doubtlessly trying to fix things. :)

Imageshack is always hiccup-ing.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    It sounds like the same problem that the rest of us have been getting with the bad balancer. The new one is on its way, per Alpha.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    wait i thought we just got

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png