As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mr. Rogers' Neighbor[chat]

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    jake we should chat later

i could use some chattin'

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    So I just found out that not only is the awesome 2D physics system that they used in Crayon Physics (Box2D) completely free and open source, it has also been ported to actionscript 3 for use in Flash.

Gonna make me a physics-based flash platformer

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    jake we should chat later

i could use some chattin'

ok!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So chat, my dad seems not to care about his grandson and it really hurts but I don't know how to bring this up to him

this fucking sucks.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm back from dinner with 5 people I knew from high school. Everyone was cool, fun to talk to, and doing something interesting with their lives.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    So I just found out that not only is the awesome 2D physics system that they used in Crayon Physics (Box2D) completely free and open source, it has also been ported to actionscript 3 for use in Flash.

Winky, it's really really hard. You have to understand that for it to work, all your character movement has to be physics engine based and it's a goddamned nightmare to do and animate and get stable and not infuriating. I tried and gave up.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

Winky, it's really really hard. You have to understand that for it to work, all your character movement has to be physics engine based and it's a goddamned nightmare to do and animate and get stable and not infuriating. I tried and gave up.

This is bad news but I suspected it might be more difficult than it seemed.

I was hoping that character animation wouldn't be too much of a problem if I just basically stuck my character in a box and moved the box around.

• Options
    212110181_212110181_1.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    My nephew could play iphone games before he could talk.

This has to mean something.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Probably because they haven't invented cameras that take pictures of the fucking future

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

He is like every other child

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

Probably because they haven't invented cameras that take pictures of the fucking future

Also that picture is a lie for anyone with a terminal illness.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Lots of things went wrong tonight, [chat].

CONSOLE ME

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    So chat, my dad seems not to care about his grandson and it really hurts but I don't know how to bring this up to him

this fucking sucks.

how old is the grandson? Some people just aren't into babies. Kids are a lot more interesting once they can talk.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

I don't mean about my nephew, I mean about children.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

My mom used to brag how my brother started reading at super early age (I don't remember, lets say at 9cm) and he turned out awful just, just awful. ;)

• Options
    edited June 2012

I don't mean about my nephew, I mean about children.

I could bang on the keyboard of a TI99-A computer before I could talk. Early Learning Fun (with the creepy speech synth hardware addon) all up ins.

ti-99_4a.jpg

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In the future, there are colors.

I don't dislike happy people. Just those who are relentlessly optimistic on behalf of others.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

CONSOLE ME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6CcxJQq1x8

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

CONSOLE ME

There there, Podly.

I would give you a hug but I'm sweaty.

So i'll just awkwardly pat your shoulder area.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

this fucking sucks.

how old is the grandson? Some people just aren't into babies. Kids are a lot more interesting once they can talk.

My youngin is 2 and a half, I mean he doesn't even ask about him or anything really. Hell he barley says 2 words to my fiancee.

When Tristan was born we ended up getting 2 car seats so we gave one to my dad and asked that be goes and gets it checked out by the police when he gets it in so we know it done right because his car had weird seats. He just put in in the trunk and after 2 months game it back he didn't even try to put it in.

• Options
    This is officially the most frustrating thing ever

Something is stealing focus whenever I hit the tab key and I can't tell what

I need the tab key

• Options

sounds neat.

I tend to be skeptical of the time saved in using out-of-the-box systems like that (every system has it's own share of headaches) but it does look interesting.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    With a name like Tristan, that kid is bound to be ridiculously handsome and/or an utter douchebag.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Parents up an took off at 8 pm to help evacuate animals from a forest fire. Thus I am stuck with the 6 dogs here and thus a night when I won't sleep while I need it for my last final. It is nice of them to help out a friend with their dogs(13 Scottish terriers) but still bad fucking timing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    With a name like Tristan, that kid is bound to be ridiculously handsome and/or an utter douchebag.

I was friends with a Tristan in school. Very goofy fella, but otherwise good people.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Parents up an took off at 8 pm to help evacuate animals from a forest fire. Thus I am stuck with the 6 dogs here and thus a night when I won't sleep while I need it for my last final. It is nice of them to help out a friend with their dogs(13 Scottish terriers) but still bad fucking timing.

Hopefully they don't pace and whine all night long like when I baby sit family dogs.

If they do: Give them bones, treats, whatever it takes.

Double post brought to you by: Inappropriate sugar rush for this late at night. :P

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I realized just now that Fun. is a really fun band and that I'm way to old to like them.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Hopefully they don't pace and whine all night long like when I baby sit family dogs.

If they do: Give them bones, treats, whatever it takes.

Nah they will be fine that way. They are use to me since I live here. I have to sleep in my parents bed tonight with them. Which drives me nuts. I overheat as it is. 4 dogs piled on me is just me not sleeping.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I realized just now that Fun. is a really fun band and that I'm way to old to like them.

How can you be too old to like a band?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    So, apparently in Mount and Blade, it's a bad idea to hire five villagers and then try to charge a band of fifteen looters before you're familiar with the controls. Ooops.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

They have lyrics about Twitter and "jackin' my style."

Jackery of mine own style has never been an issue within the context of my own experience, and I feel the chance that it might occur will dwindle sharply as I age.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ5ZclZTeTU

this is a good cover of creep

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

They have lyrics about Twitter and "jackin' my style."

I hear that on your 40th birthday, you get banned from twitter.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2012
    ok the wedding photos are flooding onto facebook from various sources

so far no flattering photos i will kill all of these people

Organichu on
  • Options
    Speaking of wedding the Fiancee and I have narrowed ours down to November of 2013

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

that arrangement is very obnoxious and pointless

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

I like it, but she seems to be over selling the performance. Maybe if she relaxed a bit and took it down a notch...

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    so i got snow crash for my kindle

i find it utterly unreadable

i am kind of physically repulsed by the prose

This discussion has been closed.