As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

welcome to the world of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 (Out october seventh/october twelfth)

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    what happened to pokemon cards

it's like the dude making the art tripped on some acid with alex ross

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Delta species are great but I only have a handful.

Also, my vote for Best Looking Set on the whole is Gym Heroes / Gym Challenge.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Also, how quick was Dark Tyranitar banned, because that shit looks broken.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i remember doing a team rocket deck when we played on lackey and it was basically "lose if you don't get to play dark tyranitar, win if you do"

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    6.jpg

Gosh pokemon cards got strange while I was away from them

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I am still really proud of my retreat-cost deck, even though it was terrible.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I never played the game but I always loved collecting the cards

let me show you my pokemons

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i stole my friend's japanese bulbasaur

that is still the only object i regret stealing

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    There is a certain trollish satisfaction in making a deck full of things that increase retreat costs, gust of winds and energy removals.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    those bastards are making me want a 3ds

I CAN NOT AFFORD THIS NINTENDO

NOBODY GETS NEW GAMES

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I caught a shiny golden in my soul silver playthrough hooray

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    man I love shinies

just running around in the grass and then all of a sudden

shiny

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    man I love shinies

just running around in the grass and then all of a sudden

shiny

this never happens quit lying

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    it totally does

I have six of the things
    no I don't play this game too much why do you ask

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    The only shinies I ever encountered in the wild were both in Pokemon silver

A nidoran male I accidentally knocked out and a lickitung I caught

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Man, I remember when the Haymaker deck strategy broke out. Raindance was still my favorite deck build, when done right. Too many people stuffed it full of extra and unnecessary pokemon.

I had this one really great idea for a deck, at least I thought, using the Promo Eevee that basically let you evolve it when anything else on the table evolved. I figured I'd flush the deck with normal and Dark Eevee evos of all three types, then have backup basics and Stage 1s that could use multiple energies (a Fire - Fire - Colorless attack from Arcanine, for example). It was a trainwreck, nothing got off the ground. I distinctly remember a Chansey wiping the floor with me and dropped out of the tourney to focus on trading after the second round loss.

I think I'd like to retry that, with no other evos other than Eeveelutions, and a broader selection of Base pokes that can hold their own, and also handle multiple energies. THIS is why I want another TCG video game. Games like that are great for building a deck to test against the computer, or just having fun with a deck that's not really competitive.

I know the TCG program you were all using a few months ago doesn't have AI to go against, but what's the link and set up for that again? I'd like to mess around with it sometime.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    There is a certain trollish satisfaction in making a deck full of things that increase retreat costs, gust of winds and energy removals.

I have a Psychic deck like this. Gusts of winds and energy removals and super energy removals, along with pokemon like Mr. Mime who you can't do more than 30 damage to. So much fun being a dick.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Also hey Jemma Salume is drawing pokemon and they are rad
    tumblr_m4snc83Lmw1qd8ovdo1_r1_400.png
    tumblr_m4sng08Ykd1qd8ovdo1_400.png
    tumblr_m4snh5zO291qd8ovdo1_400.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I still have not totally given up the idea of having a keltic pokeball tattoo. I just can't seem to draw those lines at all though. Gonna have to have a friend do it, but that shouldn't be a prob because she already loves the idea, and it was going to be for her but she doesn't want a tattoo yet. Worse case scenario, we have matching tats later.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    So my PokeDex is coming along nicely: 461/649. That's 71% for those too lazy to do the math. I hope to break 500 some time this week.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    tumblr_m4x8x0JUE01qd8ovdo1_500.png

god yes

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Does that artist have a tyranitar

Maybe a metagross

Also, who wants battle via the DS games tonight

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    RE that tumblr: Glam Eagle is a good nickname for a Pidgeot

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    guys i'm so excited for pokemon conquest

• Options
    I keep forgetting that game exists, I do like strategy games/need something new to play on my DS.

• Options
    I hope it plays a lot like FFTA

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    that's what it looks like

so basically I'm just gonna give that dev team my credit card number so they continue to make them

• Options
    yeah, but apparently the other half of the crossover plays decidedly not like FFTA

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:
    keldeo-resolution-forme.jpg

Do they have design schools in Japan, or is this page a result of cultural differences on what looks okay?

• Options
    maybe it's a design philosophy related to urbanization- cram as much as possible into the limited space you have

also, keldeowns

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Hi

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    if thats coro coro they have a tendency to fill every single available part of a page with stuff

its a thing

• Options
    Sup gary

• Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    what up

Rent on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    i have been playin pokemon black but i dunno if i should be playin that or professor layton and the last specter

also this is my favorite gif

Tube on
  • Options
    Wow that's a a cool gif you've posted

• Options
    nerd why you gotta be like that

• Options
    edited June 2012
    You could ask yourself the same question >8~]

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the super-busy look is kind of endearing to me

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Professor Layton and the Last Specter is pretty great (Emmy is a given far more respect than Fiora ever got).

This discussion has been closed.