As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Operation: THREAD CLOSED. Post in the New One.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    H. Adept wouldn't be so goddamn frustrating if the enemies had the unbuffed dodge chance. Sing is good for staggering shit like Geth pyros. It'd have a niche purpose if it didn't fail 75% of the time because of loldodge.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm kind of at a loss as to the role of the talon. It seems as heavy as a shotgun, but not neccessarily as damaging.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Range

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I played a bunch of silver games last night. I had it confirmed that Reapers/Condor is my least favorite combination out of all of the possibilities. However, (insert humblebrag here). :)
    This may be a dumb question, but is there any way to do the reload canceling trick on the xbox 360?

Yes many. Just use a power, doesn't matter if the cool down has finished. If it's a power with a long animation you can also tap A instead.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    The Widow is pimp, and the Striker has its uses.

Condolences on the rest of the shit guns though.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I played a bunch of silver games last night. I had it confirmed that Reapers/Condor is my least favorite combination out of all of the possibilities. However, (insert humblebrag here). :)
    This may be a dumb question, but is there any way to do the reload canceling trick on the xbox 360?

When playing Infiltrator, I just use Cloak to reload cancel. If I'm not cloaked, it cloaks me! If it's on cooldown, I still get the fast reload.

dN0T6ur.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Wait...you can reload cancel while a power is recharging?

I did not know that...

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I did not know that...

Apparently, entering/exiting cover or activating a power does the reload cancel. I haven't got the rhythm down fully yet, but I've already gotten better. Still wish I had a rifle that had more than one bullet that didn't suck.
    For the record, I've got the Raptor 2, Mantis 10 and Harpoon 1.

newSig.jpg
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    bind medigel to mousewheel (or, y'know, whatever key suits your fancy)

easiest reload canceling, no chance of triggering a power/consumable/cover when you don't want to

Dehumanized on

I did not know that...

With our shitty D-pad, it's the only reliable way!

dN0T6ur.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how to change it on that list, or if anyone even checks the player list but I changed my origin ID to match my steam/forum ID.

• HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    Pub silvers have been uncannily good this weekend. Hopefully they'll keep this up with more silver-goal operations.

QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how to change it on that list, or if anyone even checks the player list but I changed my origin ID to match my steam/forum ID.

how do I do this?

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    It's in options/account settings/whatever somewhere in Origin. I remember seeing it the other day.
    Pub silvers have been uncannily good this weekend. Hopefully they'll keep this up with more silver-goal operations.

Results may vary. I've had pretty terrible luck this weekend, the latest of which involved the novaguard host getting himself killed 15 seconds into wave 11 and ragequitting which somehow caused another guy to AFK for the rest of the match. Still won, though, since the last guy was actually pretty good.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I don't understand why people ragequit from a game late in the match. Surely it would be better to just rage-afk if you're on wave 10 or extraction.

Ended up random-booted earlier.

Was playing my level 20 MQI, carrying extra grenades and a power booster. Valiant II was my only weapon. This was a Silver match.

Maybe some people are just dicks

dN0T6ur.png
    i don't remember exactly but I was on the origin support page while in the origin overlay and I saw the heading how do i change my origin id and I just followed the rabbit hole down

• CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    Oh wow, just got Black Widow II and GPS IV. Talk about lucky.

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I wish there was a way to tell whether you'd met the commendation pack criteria or not

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The Revenant on a Vorcha, eh? I should try that, I've mainly been using the Reegar on 'em.

It really wasn't much fun on my Vorcha until I used the Stability consumable.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Yea, would be helpful. About to fire ME3 up and male quarian silver it just to be sure.

Also, I like how the Paladin V has one more bullet than a IV.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

how do I do this?

Under "edit my profile" there is a button to change your Origin ID. It takes you to a page where you can type in a new one then an error message comes up saying it didn't work because the servers are overloaded.

I've been trying for a while now, but it does seem to work for some people at random.

Oh if only Origin had stolen the good aspects of Steam, like a visual display name different from your account name you could change at whim. 8->

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I wish there was a way to tell whether you'd met the commendation pack criteria or not

If we've learned anything these past couple of weeks, Bioware wishes they had something like this, too.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    The drop rate on gear must be ridiculously low.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    The drop rate on gear must be ridiculously low.
    Supposedly only drops as an "extra" uncommon/rare

steam_sig.png
    I don't know, I've gotten about 5 lv1 and 1 up to lv3 pieces of gear in just a couple days.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    They may have changed it, but as of when I went on my pack-buying spree, it was only in the third slot.

edit: of PSPs.

Orca on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That's been my experience too. It doesn't seem to pop up under the "guaranteed rare/uncommon" slots in packs, just the random ones.

Which means maxing them out will take a metric shit-ton of packs, and end up with people throwing wasted character cards around like dollar bills in a music video.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I find that I'll get a gear after every fourth veteran pack or so.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I hope you feel proud of yourself, you people who picked the GREEN ENDING.

Spoiler obviously...
    mass_effect_3_green_ending_by_agregor-d4xtd2a.jpg

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    premium spectre packs are weird

I swear I get a selection of the same four or five guns every time I buy one: revenant, claymore, disciple, and GPR. All of these are rapidly approaching X, since the game has decided I want them sooo badly.

still no new characters

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Just bought two Premium Spectre packs and one regular Spec pack.

The two Premiums both had a Javelin in it, putting me up to Javelin III. I am excite. Soon my Gethfiltrator, DeGeth Mode, will be able to one shot God.

okay so maybe i didnt get these guys extraction but i think i did fucking well to drag them to wave 10

why is everyone in GWG so bad

quqLA.png

edited June 2012
    I find if I'm on the outside of the building that my score is lower than if I'm inside.

I also find that the people with the k rifles fuck up the scoring for the rest of us.

I've also been using a sal engineer for it so I feel like most of my job is stripping shields, decoying primes and spamming techs which only gets me between 50 and ~70k points.

Also I'm not that good yet

initiatefailure on
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    How do you keep finding all these awful guys, Dhal?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Hey, so I finally finished my Mass Effect 3 playthrough last week. Apparently I'm not smart enough to unenjoy it, so, I learned I'm an idiot.

forumsig.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    mass_effect_medieval_by_davidrapozaart-d531c8x.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    okay so maybe i didnt get these guys extraction but i think i did fucking well to drag them to wave 10

why is everyone in GWG so bad

Actually, it's "why is everyone so bad". I find that I'm carrying the group in Silver about half the time. I'm not perfect; I do tend to get distracted and go off on my own to demolish whole spawns, but the other guys fold like an origami katana, often by wave 4-5.

• stratslingerstratslinger Registered User regular
    Had quite a few good pub games over the weekend... Also had one silver match on hydra where, I can sadly confirm, the vanguard weirdness is alive and well. I noticed that I was, well, bouncing might be the best term for it. And then I tried to take cover for a second, and found myself hovering a few feet above said cover, and then I flew away. Got a bird's eye view of the map, before realizing there was no way to get out of whatever bug I was in, and just had to quit and hope the group would pick up a new 4th member in my place...

But before I did that, I ran several silvers with my cerberus adept and got in severa extractions, so I felt like I shared the wealth a bit. And I'm not sure if it's me or the class, but I was very inconsistent in my performance with that class. I'd have one game where I could barely keep on my feet, and get outscored by everyone by a significant margin, followed by another game where I was neck and neck with another guy for first place, with #3 far behind us, followed immediately by another incredible display of mediocrity. Just when I started to think I had "figured it out," I realized I really, really hadn't...

Had quite a few good pub games over the weekend... Also had one silver match on hydra where, I can sadly confirm, the vanguard weirdness is alive and well. I noticed that I was, well, bouncing might be the best term for it. And then I tried to take cover for a second, and found myself hovering a few feet above said cover, and then I flew away. Got a bird's eye view of the map, before realizing there was no way to get out of whatever bug I was in, and just had to quit and hope the group would pick up a new 4th member in my place...

If you're past wave 6-7 its not worth leaving - they're not likely to get someone and you're better off just equipping your missile launcher and helping out on wave 10 if it gets to that.

This discussion has been closed.