As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[True Blood]...what is going on?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Getting close now. Watching some repeats on HBO of season 4. Almost forgot how sexy Jessica is.

Impossible.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Marie AugustMarie August Los Angeles, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I still haven't forgiven the show for how they so weirdly and pointlessly killed Claudine. The way they did it kind of killed the Sookie/Eric romance for me, which was the thing I liked most about the show. (I mean really, why would you be in the mood to fall for a guy who just murdered your fairy godmother? What was the point if you were going to not have the characters appropriately react to it?) I haven't been able to finish Season 4 because I was so disgusted with many of the weird things they were doing. I don't know what character I'm supposed to like anymore.

Which is kind of sad because I loved this show for the first two seasons. Maybe now that Eric is cured, I could like him again for the heartless badass he is supposed to be.

banner3.jpg
    Read my fairy tale webcomic, The Fox & The Firebird, at: http://www.fairytaletwisted.com
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Didn't they sufficiently change the nature of the Faeries in the show for it to make sense though? They didn't exactly come across any better for not preying on humans than the vampires it seemed like.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Didn't they sufficiently change the nature of the Faeries in the show for it to make sense though? They didn't exactly come across any better for not preying on humans than the vampires it seemed like.

I mean that whole weird SyFy movie first episode of Season 4 pretty much gave away that the Fae were trying to harvest humans as well for whatever reason (I think it was better explained but I don't remember). They kind of slopped it together to explain what Sookie was and then dropped it for the witches.

After watching the second half of the season yesterday on HBO out of boredom. There are tons, literally gobs of plot holes to fill up.

Season 4 spoilers and catchup cliffnotes:
    - Bill and Eric killed Nan and are on the run. The authority will be revealed and this is probably the big theme and plot of Season 5.
    - Tara shot in the face with a shotgun. Dafuq is gonna happen with that?
    - Layfayette is now a medium and a super awesome brujo or however you spell it. Is that gonna go anywhere or will it disappear like Sookie's Grandad's watch that Jason was given? Will Jesus be a regular ghost on the show a la Dexter Morgan's dad?
    - Sam was approached by a dark brown wolf on his porch outside of Merlotte's. It can't be Debbie because 1) she's a white wolf and 2) she was at Sookie's house with a shotgun, and Marcus got his throat crushed by Alcide an episode ago. Who the hell is this now?
    - Andy's becoming sober from his V addiction after his little encounter with a fae in the woods. What was with the E.T. moment and the random sexual encounter? Will he think it was just a dream and get with Holly, the new wicken waitress?
    - Terry has a new friend, but Arlene is scared because of the premonition from Renee. Renee mentioned that she shouldn't be scared of Terry, but the ghosts of his past. More ghosts/spirits this season? Why is the guy from Felicity in my True Blood?
    - Jason and Jess getting heated. What's Jess gonna do next? More importantly, when is she gonna get naked next?
    - Hoyt's a mess and hates Jason because "he only thinks with his dick" and not his friends and family. How is he coping with losing his girl and now his best friend?
    - Sookie left both Bill and Eric instead of choosing either one of em. Whose supernatural pants is she going to get into next? (My vote is Alcide)
    - But then again, Sookie shot Debbie's head off with the shotgun. Will Alcide look past that for what he said to Sookie in the bar?
    - What's going on with Pam? She was jealous that Sookie was taking Eric away, but now that that's virtually over, what's gonna be her drive/use on the show? Besides being awesome with the quips and all.
    - Last but not least, Alcide found the hole in the concrete that used to contain Russel Edgington. Does he know what he found? The garage man was glamoured into forgetting when the hole showed up, but Russel has been shown in trailers in a weakened and burnt state. Who dug him up? Why is he back?

So yeah, tons of potential. I think it will be a good season because it looks like they actually have a budget this time as opposed to the cheesy witch effects from the last season. Only time will tell. Updated the OP because only 12 days left counting today.

Tune in next time, same bat time, same bat channel.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Getting close now. Watching some repeats on HBO of season 4. Almost forgot how sexy Jessica is.

It's good too because after the GoT season finale, I'll have nothing else to watch but True Blood.

Thats.....thats impossible. Like, how did the internet NOT auto correct that shit.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

It's good too because after the GoT season finale, I'll have nothing else to watch but True Blood.

Thats.....thats impossible. Like, how did the internet NOT auto correct that shit.

I mean it has been close to a year (9+ months).... just saying.

• Options
    Wife has me going to buy season 4 on BR when I get of work. That scene makes me more than happy to do so.

• Options
    Wife has me going to buy season 4 on BR when I get of work. That scene makes me more than happy to do so.

The red riding corset one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbUpGoOjFWw

• Options
    The not wearing anything scene. But yes, that is a grand reason as well.

• Options
    The not wearing anything scene. But yes, that is a grand reason as well.

Oh my god, I forgot about this one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TDI2dczTUQ

• Options
    There are certain things that shouldn't or can not be....forgotten. What the deuce, Koopah?!?

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Hoyt.

:winky:

:lol:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    I love that scene so much.

• Options
    Marie AugustMarie August Los Angeles, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

Sure, Faeries in general. The fairy queen certainly. But not Claudine. And like Koopah said, they pretty much slopped together a bunch of weird fairy stuff in the first episode, and promptly dropped the plotline. Except to have Claudine show up for two seconds before they quickly kill her and then don't even appropriately react to it.

Marie August on
    banner3.jpg
    Read my fairy tale webcomic, The Fox & The Firebird, at: http://www.fairytaletwisted.com
  • Options

Sure, Faeries in general. The fairy queen certainly. But not Claudine. And like Koopah said, they pretty much slopped together a bunch of weird fairy stuff in the first episode, and promptly dropped the plotline. Except to have Claudine show up for two seconds before they quickly kill her and then don't even appropriately react to it.

To be fair Sookie just met her, but yeah I kind of hope they flesh that out more because as it stands it was just a tease to get everyone to know that Sookie is a Fae.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Fairy spoilers
    It didn't really look like the faeries were harvesting humans, it looked more like they were just culling those that still had the bloodline because it was essentially the only tie to the human world and from what they said early on during the season premiere they were trying to close that off forever because of the vampire threat.

No clue how that relates to sheriff andy though.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Getting pretty excited. Here's hoping to a better kick off episode than the last one.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Your magic hands or super snatch; whatever your super power is.

Invisible on
  • Options
    Wow. I'm actually pretty excited for this season. Acting is just as cheesy, but the writing is severely better than last season.

Tons of one liners already.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    So goddamn sick of werewolves.

I keep hoping Sam will just shift into a grizzly and fucking eat one of them.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Gotta say there was a lot of ass in this episode.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    This show has way too much baggage. It's like a kid that picks up sweet toys, that doesn't know how to get rid of them when its time.

I agree with the sentiment that I am sick of werewolves and shifters and humans I don't care about. Now we've got some foolishness with Terry (who is a god damned peripheral character)! They need to slim this shit down big time.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Why oh why can't
    Tara stay fucking dead. I am so sick of her character. OMG everyone is a vampire this season.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    I hate her so much.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Everyone does.
    That said, people seemed to like her when she was kicking ass and taking names for a little bit at the beginning of last season. Maybe we get more of that kind of Tara now that she is a vampire.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    The whole
    "someone gets turned into a vampire" arch is way overdue though. Four seasons without anyone being turned!

Jessica doesn't count since she only had like a grand total of 2 scenes and five lines before being turned. She's essentially been a vampire since her introduction.

RT800 on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Childrens voices are creepy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    The horror!
    I can not believe they're going to inflict Tara on us for eternity. The writers are EVIL. She better be retarded, not say a word, then meet the sun. They can surprise me by doing that in any order.

So Sam continues being a lame shifter to the point of letting himself be killed for no real reason. Not good. Admit to it, start eating wolves. Some get away you're no worse off.

I'm with Hoyt. Granted it gives us Jessica in various states of undress, but we could have got that without bullshit relationship drama added. Plenty of that around Sookie, Erik, Bill, Lafeyette, and everyone else on the show almost. So someone needs to die. It would just be so fucked up for it to be Hoyt, Jessica is unacceptable and Jason just doesn't seem too likely. So...Happy Ever After for Hoyt and Jessica and Jason bangs his way through that chicks sorority. Everyone wins!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    No idea where this is going.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I think the Tara plot
    was a way to kill off the character without firing the actress. If that's a good enough metaphor or not. From the looks of the season preview, she's killing shit and doesn't know anything about herself. Kind of like the amnesia Eric, it's a completely different character but the same person acting it.

I really hope the whole Jason and Jessica thing
    Makes Jason go all soft on us. That whole rockband scene at Bill's was completely uncomfortable to watch. He should have just banged that sorority chick.... along with half of her house. Jessica calling him "her's" though was kind of stupid.

So if the reverend is back, where is Sarah? (or whatever his wife's name is).

Also (new characters)
    That new werewolf and vampire chick are smoking. Jeezus. Are Eric and "his sister" related by blood or by Godric? I'd like to think it's the later because buuuuhh.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    I think the Tara plot
    was a way to kill off the character without firing the actress. If that's a good enough metaphor or not. From the looks of the season preview, she's killing shit and doesn't know anything about herself. Kind of like the amnesia Eric, it's a completely different character but the same person acting it.

I really hope the whole Jason and Jessica thing
    Makes Jason go all soft on us. That whole rockband scene at Bill's was completely uncomfortable to watch. He should have just banged that sorority chick.... along with half of her house. Jessica calling him "her's" though was kind of stupid.

So if the reverend is back, where is Sarah? (or whatever his wife's name is).

Also (new characters)
    That new werewolf and vampire chick are smoking. Jeezus. Are Eric and "his sister" related by blood or by Godric? I'd like to think it's the later because buuuuhh.

On Eric
    I got the impression it was through Godric.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    This show now has more storylines than Game of Thrones, it's like they decided to give each character 5 minutes of screen time so they couldn't do shit with the plot.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Myiagros wrote: »
    This show now has more storylines than Game of Thrones, it's like they decided to give each character 5 minutes of screen time so they couldn't do shit with the plot.

I think the main characters had a lot of air time and did a lot. Whether or not it was useless or actual plot development is up to you (episode summary)
    - Bill and Eric cleaned up Bill's place and were captured by the authority reps. They escaped the car ride and hooked up with the new chick. They got ambushed at their rendezvous and are now on their way to meet the authority.
    - Sookie and Layfayette are dealing with their losses trying to take care of Tara. They bury her with Pam to turn her. They both clean up the mess from Debbie and Layfayette accepts Jesus' death. Alcide and Layfayette argue over whatever. They wait outside for Tara and Pam to rise with the Jump scare from Tara.

I think together those two plot lines took up the majority of the episode, with maybe 20 minutes to everything else. There are definitely a lot more characters compared to season 1, but I'd bet my ass that people will die before the season is out. And I mean die die, not Steve Newlin back into the world.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Terry, redhead waitress, Holly and Andy I couldn't care less about. Sam is lukewarm, I liked his brother more.

• Options
    Invisible wrote: »
    Terry, redhead waitress, Holly and Andy I couldn't care less about. Sam is lukewarm, I liked his brother more.

I like Sam because of how interesting his character is, and the potential on what he can do. His back story flashback while he was a drunken asshole was soooo satisfying.

I still think the best scene between the side characters was between Andy and Terry last season at "Fort Bellefleur". Other than that scene, I'm in the same boat. Kill em all.

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    "Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs!"

• Options
    11-year-old Tara is best Tara

• Options
    Why the fuck isn't in Nelsan Ellis in something more respectable than this schlock

I swear to God, most amazing actor on this show, far and away

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    this show is so so bad

yet it is so so good

and it has some absolutely amazing lines

i lold heartily throughout this episode

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    this show is so so bad

yet it is so so good

and it has some absolutely amazing lines

i lold heartily throughout this episode

Yes - this is not a show intended to be serious bizness.

It is boobs, butts, blood, and lols, and occasional fucking awesome action.

Game of thrones is a steak; this is a cookie.

Cookies are delicious.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...