As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Backlit keyboard for desktop

Hocky27Hocky27 Registered User regular
So I am looking for a new backlit keyboard. Doesn't need to be a gaming one as I don't want to be spending stupid money. Suggest away!

Hocky27 on

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    How much is "stupid money"? $50 too high?

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-002232-Gaming-Keyboard-G110/dp/B002RRLQIO/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1339086392&sr=8-13

I know it says "gaming" but I always go with Logitech for their keyboards because they always last the longest and don't generally suck.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I love my Logitech Illuminated Keyboard so much, you don't even know. I want everybody to have one! It's not a 'gamer' keyboard at all.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    And I have the wireless version of that Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, and do very much enjoy it, even for light gaming.

• Options
    I hate those ultra thin keyboards.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Each to his own?

• Options
    Each to his own?

Yeah my post wasn't particularly helpful, that's my fault.

• Options
    Hocky27Hocky27 Registered User regular
    Taking a look at the G110, its not too expensive but finding it for such a good price in Aus as listed on Amazon is a different story. Also after finally being back on the desktop I realised that I really do need the keyboard to be rather quiet as well. The current keyboard is just horrendously loud.

• Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    I love my Logitech Illuminated Keyboard so much, you don't even know. I want everybody to have one! It's not a 'gamer' keyboard at all.

I have one as well, and I love mine too! It just looks really classy (as well as being a joy to type on/game with).

• Options
    Rook wrote: »

I have one as well, and I love mine too! It just looks really classy (as well as being a joy to type on/game with).

I type so much faster on it than my regular cheap Microsoft keyboard. At a conservative estimate, I'd say somewhere around 50% better wpm.