As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] SchlitzKrieg Curated Seattle Beer Tour - Got Photos?

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    What would be an awesome motivational prize?
    Hookers and blow.

Barring that, free beer would work great.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    So, I'm a little late to the party on the whole Schlitzkreig thing, I'm gonna guess it's all full up? I'm interested in going, since I A. love beer, B. live in Seattle and know the area and C. have been to most of these breweries. Is an MC still needed for this or what?

I'm down to help out however I can.

There's actually one seat left for preregistrations, and on June 15 if there are any remaining seats then I'll post the ticketing link to this thread.

Yes, we still kinda need an MC. I'm going to have my hands full coordinating and someone who can keep the energy up and people laughing would be greatly appreciated. Send me a PM if you're seriously interested.
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    This would be total butts if everyone was on time and the last person in line got bugged for no real reason. Now, if the person is a few minutes late then screwing with them would be completely a-ok.

Only if it was you.

KIDDING.

But yeah, friendly ridicule is Ok only if it's friendly. I was thinking about some sort of achievement or incentive-based something for time challenges. Like everyone who makes it on the bus before the Mark gets a point or something, that could be redeemed for a prize at the end. Maybe another bonus button? Or extra beer? A Plushie Cthulu for everyone who gets full points? What would be an awesome motivational prize?

i was going to suggest something like that, but backpedaled when i realized that you'd basically need somebody to be "Achievement Master" to keep track of all the points, for 30 (is that how many? i can't remember), if you wanted to do it fair/right.

or, you take that responsibility upon yourself, but it sounds like shit is already gonna be pretty crazy for you!

i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I think we could totally find someone to track the achievement points if needed. Someone (probably me) will be standing at the door at 35 minutes in to each stop shouting at everyone, "Run! Run! Hurry Up!! Bus is LEAVING!" so it might make most sense for them to do it. We don't need to track everyone, just the offenders. Like, you start with 12 points and lose one if you miss the mark to leave.

I think Beer is a great prize, but what about people who are flying home? Any significant amount of beer will be hard to pack. What about a lighter, beer-themed prize bag for everyone who has all 12 points at the end? Instead of beer (heavy, breakable), it could be a surprise grab bag. If you guys trusted my ability to put together an awesome prize bag, that is...

Another idea: what about a stop-by-stop prize? Like, everyone who gets on in time gets a coaster from the brewery we just left. At the end of the tour, you have up to 12 coasters: a full set. Just a random idea for the coaster itself, but what about the concept of stop-by-stop prizes that are memorabilia?

It's certainly cheaper to just kick all the late people in the ass, but that's a lot less fun.

EDIT: Ooh! What about a SchlitzKrieg Tshirt for everyone who makes it to the end with full points? Showing all the stops on the back, like a tour shirt.

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    If you need any one off buttons made for any achievements just let me know and I can get them made up.

• SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    What about dividing people up in to 3 teams of 10? That could get people looking out for each other as far as being on time. Prize bags for the team with the most points left at the end of the day. I like the idea of an individual prize/button for completing an achievement at each stop, or just throughout the day... Just have to come up some other achievements besides not being late.
    I'd go for an "I survived SchlitzKrieg" t-shirt. :)

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
    edited June 2012
    Oh god.

Schlitzkrieg shirt.

It must have a rolling column of tanks made out of giant beer bottles shooting beer foam at people and lightning coming down from the heavens.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited June 2012
    Saldek wrote: »
    What about dividing people up in to 3 teams of 10? That could get people looking out for each other as far as being on time. Prize bags for the team with the most points left at the end of the day. I like the idea of an individual prize/button for completing an achievement at each stop, or just throughout the day... Just have to come up some other achievements besides not being late.

Achievement ideas:
    -Made it on the bus on time for all stops (this would be the awesomest prize, to keep people motivated to stay on schedule)
    -Got a taster flight at all stops
    -Got a pint at all stops
    -Bought 6 pieces of brewery swag
    -Led a singsong on the bus
    -Photo with a brewer
    -Others...?

Great idea about teams too! Thinking of how to work in the specifics...

@courtneyj - thanks, we just might!

LexiconGrrl on
  • VanVagabondVanVagabond NorthWestern BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh man, a Schlitzkreig shirt like a rock band's tour shirt would be so awesome.
    I definitely like the idea of making teams. Perhaps we could think of ways that people could work together to earn additional points, which would be more involving and make it even more significant when you lose points for tardiness?

• SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    Group points at the end of the day for most flights and pints.

Maybe we can make up scorecards to keep track of all this.

Of course, points off for being late.
    Another penalty will be imposed for that greatest of sins: spilling beer. D:

Points for the first group to get random people/brewers to join in drunken singing!

I'm sure more ideas could be come up with, but I think I need some liquid inspiration. ah! Research mission to my local bar when I get home!!!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
  • tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular

Achievement ideas:
    -Made it on the bus on time for all stops (this would be the awesomest prize, to keep people motivated to stay on schedule)
    -Got a pint at all stops
    -Photo with a brewer
    -Others...?

Drank full glass of water at each stop. (To encourage proper hydration and avoid hang overs.)

• SquirrelOnFireSquirrelOnFire Just this guy, you know? SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Quick & Dirty image for shirts/buttons, whatever. Criticism/suggestions welcome, as I just tried this as an exercise to work on drawing (something I am terrible at, but want to improve).

<Edit: Fixing spelling in the image>

SquirrelOnFire on
    tsrblke wrote: »
    Drank full glass of water at each stop. (To encourage proper hydration and avoid hang overs.)

I like it. We'd need to add an achievement for taking a leak (or two) at each stop too.

Achievement ideas:
    -Got a pint at all stops
    -Photo with a brewer
    -Others...?

Eh, you don't need THAT much water just for a pint at each stop. One every few stops will keep you going fine.

wWuzwvJ.png
    edited June 2012
    Quick & Dirty image for shirts/buttons, whatever. Criticism/suggestions welcome, as I just tried this as an exercise to work on drawing (something I am terrible at, but want to improve).

OMG THAT'S HILARIOUS!!! I have a friend who's a graphic designer who did the SchlitzKrieg buttons that everyone is getting. I'll see if I can strongarm her into doing us a shirt with something like that design. If not.... we'll have to find someone else to do it. @courtneyj - are you a GD?

EDIT - wait, @squirrelonfire - please clarify if you're offering to do the final design, or just making design suggestions?

1339016990-SchlitzKrieg-button-NO-MARKS.png

LexiconGrrl on
  • SquirrelOnFireSquirrelOnFire Just this guy, you know? SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012

EDIT - wait, @squirrelonfire - please clarify if you're offering to do the final design, or just making design suggestions?

Uhh, if you want something that is significantly more refined, I could go pixel-y, but wouldn't know what else to do with it to make it look better, but still easily shirt-printed (limited color palette & very limited skill). Certainly not opposed to someone else running with the idea, or I could make 'em pixelized with basically this design (maybe add a little curling smoke & trailing foam).

SquirrelOnFire on
    The tank image needs moar lightning.

I have ze photoshops at home and don't entirely suck at graphic design so I'll see if I can get something together when I get home in a week.

wWuzwvJ.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Achievement ideas:
    -Got a pint at all stops
    -Photo with a brewer
    -Others...?

Eh, you don't need THAT much water just for a pint at each stop. One every few stops will keep you going fine.

Erg, right, sorry I wasn't clear, that was an achievement suggestion, not simple advice. The idea is to make it a) easier to track (as opposed to "drink a glass of water at half the stops".) and b) harder to accomplish (I'd imagine that for people going over 1pt/stop this may get hard to remember ;). )
    Personally too, I like to try to drink about 1 glass/beer I have. Since my beer is usually accompanied by salty food at least.

I think we have to have a 'used every outhouse' achievement.

I think we have to have a 'used every outhouse' achievement.

How would you....yanno..."verify" the outhouse use?

wWuzwvJ.png
    We'll make you get a receipt.

• courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular

OMG THAT'S HILARIOUS!!! I have a friend who's a graphic designer who did the SchlitzKrieg buttons that everyone is getting. I'll see if I can strongarm her into doing us a shirt with something like that design. If not.... we'll have to find someone else to do it. @courtneyj - are you a GD?

Nope, I'm just a girl with an expensive printer and a couple button presses.

• OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    I am in no way a graphic designer but I was inspired by Tog's idea. If someone more proficient in illustrator wants to take a crack at prettying this up they have my blessing.
    schlitzkriegshirt.jpg

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
    You guys rock. These are all totally great ideas.

I have to say though, I am rather partial to a lobby of foamy beers as artillery shells.

Mighty impressive tanks, @Optimusbry.

• AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    @Optimusbry Love it. Really accentuates the "War on Sobriety" message.

You know what's kind of creepy in a coincidental kind of way, is how many of the brewers on the tour have connections to the video game industry. Ex-devs, gamers, PAX attendees, exhibitors... It's like the Fates have set us up with all the Gamer Geek Friendly brews in Washington.

Ex-devs
    Orly?

wWuzwvJ.png
    Hey, Lexicon - with the new schedule, is there still a chance that we'll be stuck in Kingston for a bit before making the ferry crossing?

If so (or heck, even if not) any Seattle area people interested in going to Kingston next weekend (June 23 or 24) and scoping out places to eat, drink, and play some games while we wait for a ferry? I'd be happy to drive a group of up to 5 (if you are willing to squeeze into the back of my delightfully compact car) including me to the ferry terminal and lead a beery expedition across the wild waters of Puget Sound.

• BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    @SquirrelOnFire

I would love to go out on the 23rd!
    I live on this side of the water and will be going for the Kitsap county portion in my own vehicle. If you want to meet up I can play tour guide next Saturday...

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
    edited June 2012
    Hey, Lexicon - with the new schedule, is there still a chance that we'll be stuck in Kingston for a bit before making the ferry crossing?

We won't be stuck in Kingston, but scouting missions are strongly encouraged anyway because hey - it's beer!

I can even give you guys a task if you want to: we need to see if the new route from the Silver City Brewery to the Bremerton Ferry Terminal will accomodate a school bus; if there are any crazy streets or too-tight-turns that the bus couldn't make. Let me know if anybody wants to check it out!

And if you're up there you should think about checked out a couple of the breweries on the tour. Slippery Pig has an amazing Flemish Sour on tap right now, and Sound Brewery's Monk's Indescretion is worth the trip alone.

LexiconGrrl on
    You know what's kind of creepy in a coincidental kind of way, is how many of the brewers on the tour have connections to the video game industry. Ex-devs, gamers, PAX attendees, exhibitors... It's like the Fates have set us up with all the Gamer Geek Friendly brews in Washington.

I'm not surprised actually. First off Seattle's that kinda town. Secondly I've noticed that brewing tends to attact the creative/science mix of people. 'Round these parts we have a lot of engineers or former scientists turned brewer (We have at least 2 defense firms I can think of right off the bat, one Boeing, and many universities.) So take the "Seattle" part, mix with the "commonly attracted to beer" party and Viola!

• CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    Wait... reading the front page there are still spots available on this? I will be in town all day Monday... so um... can I join?

@Creamsteak - I've added you to the waiting list (on the OP). The remaining tickets are becoming available today and I'll PM you if we can get you onboard.

• BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular

I can even give you guys a task if you want to: we need to see if the new route from the Silver City Brewery to the Bremerton Ferry Terminal will accomodate a school bus; if there are any crazy streets or too-tight-turns that the bus couldn't make. Let me know if anybody wants to check it out!

The route is very simple and does not include any tight roads or turns. In fact, the ferry terminal area is very bus friendly.
    The breweries themselves though have limited parking. I know that Silvercity, you will be parking in the mall lot which isn't a big deal.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
    edited June 2012
    BombClancy wrote: »

The route is very simple and does not include any tight roads or turns. In fact, the ferry terminal area is very bus friendly.
    The breweries themselves though have limited parking. I know that Silvercity, you will be parking in the mall lot which isn't a big deal.

There's actually a very specific scenic route that needs to be scouted for the leg between the Bremerton Silver City Brewery and the Ferry Terminal. I know the area pretty well but haven't driven this exact route with an eye toward how to get a bus through. Send me a PM if you're interested in checking it out and I'll send you the directions.

EDIT: I did just walk though it using the Google Maps street view and it looks okay, but it'd still be nice if someone drove it to be sure. Note that it's between the actual brewery location on Auto Center Way (not the restaurant at the Mall), down past the shipyards and accessing Burwell from the South.

LexiconGrrl on
    I have another friend interested if we end up with a left over seat

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
    Unfortunately, we're now all full up. I've added your friend to the waitlist on the OP, under "Optimusbry's Friend" :)

Thanks, I told him it was slim to none, that's what he gets for procrastination :p

Optimusbry wrote: »
    Thanks, I told him it was slim to none, that's what he gets for procrastination :p

I think you mean BEERcrastination.

BombClancy wrote: »
    @SquirrelOnFire

I would love to go out on the 23rd!
    I live on this side of the water and will be going for the Kitsap county portion in my own vehicle. If you want to meet up I can play tour guide next Saturday...

Hey, looks like this weekend won't work out for me - maybe sometime in July?

Thanks for the offer of tour-guiding though!

This discussion has been closed.