As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

He's Sensational, he's Spectacular, he's the Amazing Spider-Man!

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    as some have said, he refused because of Victoria Hand being there, and the only people I remember him willingly revealing himself to are the Fantastic Four. Maybe it was suppose to be an old scene before the civil war or something but it just felt really out of place.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=46540

Spider-Men #2 preview.

So damn hyped.

Also we should make a separate thread for it (if allowed) to avoid these cross posts.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I love how Miles' state in every fight is pretty much "ohgodohgodohgodwhatdoIdo!?!"

Whereas Pete seems pretty chilled and casual about beating Miles' ass

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    1339511291.jpg

hmm

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Who is alpha, huh

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    But Brian Wood just answered that question and the answer is Wolverine

huntresssig.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So in the final issue of Ends of the Earth...
    Silver Sable allegedly dies but for some reason I think it's a ruse. We'll probably find out for sure in Avenging issue 8.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Silver Sable allegedly dies but for some reason I think it's a ruse. We'll probably find out for sure in Avenging issue 8.
    No body
    is a pretty good reason to doubt it. Also,
    she's in the next issue of Avenging Spider-Man, which either shows that she survived or that nobody's really coordinating these stories.

The ending also felt terribly abrupt after so much buildup.
    Apart from there being no wrap-up about Rhino or Sable, we never see the fallout of Spider-Man and the Avengers stopping Ock's supposed plan to save the world. Was he vindicated or is he back to being public enemy number one, this time on a global scale?

Given how important public disapproval was to the story, it's strange that public opinion wasn't re-addressed in the finale.

Robos A Go Go on
    I'm guessing Avenging Spider-man 8 will answer those questions. Overall though it was a good story except for the abrupt ending.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Scarlet Spider #6, it basically set itself up for either the end of the series if the sales were bad, or the end of the first trade, as it's got four epilogues.

It's a good issue, Probably Stegman's best issue (so sad he's leaving the book), and while it gets some things wrong with Houston geography again it did get the BBQ restaurant accurately. The only thing that seemed off, but this is a minor thing, is that
    Kaine gets a tattoo on his arm, one of those tribal looking completely around the arm ones. I just never pictured Kaine as being the tattoo type. Rebelling against Aunt May and wheat cakes would be Peter's thing.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Did anyone else notice that Spidey and Iron Man had their speech bubbles switched in one panel

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    No body
    is a pretty good reason to doubt it. Also,
    she's in the next issue of Avenging Spider-Man, which either shows that she survived or that nobody's really coordinating these stories.
    Avenging's preview for next week shows it's a story that takes place sometime before EotE.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    The ending also felt terribly abrupt after so much buildup.
    Apart from there being no wrap-up about Rhino or Sable, we never see the fallout of Spider-Man and the Avengers stopping Ock's supposed plan to save the world. Was he vindicated or is he back to being public enemy number one, this time on a global scale?

Given how important public disapproval was to the story, it's strange that public opinion wasn't re-addressed in the finale.

Yeah, that felt weird. Is there going to be any kind of special one-shot issue dealing with the fallout? Generally I expect something like that after a big event, like with Spider-Island.

H9f4bVe.png
    Avenging Spider-man #8 is the epilogue issue of EotE and will be collected in the hardcover so I'd say it's required reading.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Plus the next story deals with the Lizard.
    Remember Billy Connors? Spidey sure will during the story thanks to Sable.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Scarlet Spider #6, it basically set itself up for either the end of the series if the sales were bad, or the end of the first trade, as it's got four epilogues.

It's a good issue, Probably Stegman's best issue (so sad he's leaving the book), and while it gets some things wrong with Houston geography again it did get the BBQ restaurant accurately. The only thing that seemed off, but this is a minor thing, is that
    Kaine gets a tattoo on his arm, one of those tribal looking completely around the arm ones. I just never pictured Kaine as being the tattoo type. Rebelling against Aunt May and wheat cakes would be Peter's thing.

Kaine just seems like an uninteresting character. I like to think there is no such thing as a "bad character" but he has a stupid name, a pretty blah background story, and his personality and goals (as far as the 1st issue go) seemed to confuse him as much as it did me.

A "hardcore" Spider-Man is being done better over in Venom, so Scarlet Spider is sort of redundant at this point.

That said the art is wonderful. I was almost tempted to keep picking it up based on Stegmans pencils alone.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I'm currently enjoying Scarlet Spider more than Amazing. While Peter is busy globetrotting and having team ups, Kaine is in city doing the street crime stuff I prefer.

Never thought I'd see the day where books about Kaine and Venom would be much higher up on my reading order than a Dan Slott Spider-Man run but here we are, surprisingly.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Is there anything about Spider-Men that would need me to be up to date on Amazing and/or Ultimate?

I'm way behind on both, but dammit it looks interesting.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    Well, how behind are you in Ultimate?

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Pretty far behind. After Peter's exit, but before Miles shows up.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    You are only really missing Fallout ( and only really 1,2 and 4 ) , and the Miles issues are only up to 11, which are still basically origin stuff.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    i would at least read the first arc of Miles' series before starting Spider-Men

Anyone picked up Avenging?

Normally I don't get it, but I'm tempted as it's billed as an Epilogue. I'm curious
    if Silver Sable (and I guess Rhino?) died or lived.

Kyougu wrote: »

Normally I don't get it, but I'm tempted as it's billed as an Epilogue. I'm curious
    There's no body and some mysterious device is seen at the end, so one can assume that they both survived.

Kyougu wrote: »

It doesnt' really add that much to the story, I'd save the $4.

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Reading through Ultimate Spider-Man is heart breaking. I just finished the fifth trade where
    Mary Jane straight up tells Peter she can't do this because she knows he will die if he keeps doing the spider-man thing. And I know in the back of my mind, shes totally right.

ThisIsWAR_Thor_02.jpg
    Going to be announced during the SDCC spider-man panel.

Every event is a war!

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I find it interesting that they are announcing this at the Amazing Spider-Man panel, but Spidey has not yet been featured.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Oh hey. More war. Keen.

asleep.jpg

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
    edited June 2012
    vCbNe.jpg
    I guess it's just Ultron War, weird they be announcing it at the Spider-Man panel though. Probably the avengers panel will be too full announcing new books/creative teams for whatever the post AvX thing is.

UltimateInferno on

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    I guess it's just Ultron War, weird they be announcing it at the Spider-Man panel though. Probably the avengers panel will be too full announcing new books/creative teams for whatever the post AvX thing is.

Oh right. They've been teasing it so long I forgot about that.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah I am sure that is Ultron War

it being a fall/winter event makes sense

CYpGAPn.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Darn, kind've bored of Ultron. Read him in NA and Annihilation and just saw him a bunch in the Avengers cartoon.

H9f4bVe.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I hope he wears a cape like in Conquest

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    I forgot all about Ultron War

I'll probably read it

but it's a bit yawny now

Bleeding Cool is saying it might be the Alpha War Slott has been putting hints in all of his stories from She-Hulk to Initiative etc, which would actually be one of those stories done in recent years where a writer genuinely planted seeds over years to reach a big event. You used to get them all the time when writers had long runs on books, but this is kind of the modern day version of it.

Maybe Ultron War is actually co-written by Bendis and Slott?

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Bleeding Cool is saying

go slam your head in a door until you have trained yourself to not go to that site ever again

No no, that's ok:
    For the last seven years or so, in almost every Marvel comic book he can, Dan Slott has been dropping references to something in the future of the Marvel Universe called The Reckoning War, that seems to involve The Watcher, the Fantastic Four, Gauntlet, Iron Man, Southpaw and many more.

In She Hulk, we discovered, from the Time Variance Authority, that an action by She Hulk would lead to The Reckoning War. And that this was a bad thing. It would devastate not only the Earth but the whole cosmos. Marvel people have told me that Slott has tried to get this plot to finally occur for some time.

It also could connect to that who is Alpha teaser image, because in She-Hulk it was the Alpha universe that crossed into ours when they were coming here on vacation.

I just like it better than Ultron War, which just feels excessive with how we're seeing stuff go down in AvX now.

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Well, sounds like I'm pulling down all my Dan Slott trades this weekend :).