As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Fitness Group [Meet up on Sunday at 1]

• AlikaAlika GoneCross Registered User regular
    Talked to HR today, I'M GOING TO PAX!

Fuck Yeeaaahhh!!!

• RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    Just started my work outs again yesterday, built a brand new routine for myself.

I can now no longer laugh without my abs hurting.

Oh and carrying my grocery basket was a chore

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    The Protomen: Not only good rock and roll, but also good running music! Nothing like Breaking Out to get you through the last few minutes. :D

3.5 miles in 30 minutes (.5 more than Friday!) with a 5 minute walking warmup/cooldown for a total of 4 miles. Fuck yeaaaaaaa. I think I might be at my current max speed though. I'm still getting myself dialed in though so I'll push for even faster tomorrow and see how that goes.

The fun part to all this is that to get around the ship when we're underway I've got to take stairs eeeeverywhere. Needless to say, showing up for watch in the morning has been a giant case of "it hurts so gooooood."

wWuzwvJ.png
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    The Protomen: Not only good rock and roll, but also good running music! Nothing like Breaking Out to get you through the last few minutes. :D

3.5 miles in 30 minutes (.5 more than Friday!) with a 5 minute walking warmup/cooldown for a total of 4 miles. Fuck yeaaaaaaa. I think I might be at my current max speed though. I'm still getting myself dialed in though so I'll push for even faster tomorrow and see how that goes.

The fun part to all this is that to get around the ship when we're underway I've got to take stairs eeeeverywhere. Needless to say, showing up for watch in the morning has been a giant case of "it hurts so gooooood."

You spelled 'The Hounds' wrong.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Talked to HR today, I'M GOING TO PAX!

That's great news!!!!

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    The big 20 minute run at the end of the week. This shall be hell..

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]

The Hounds is way too swag to be good running music. It's more like "walk down the street feeling like a baller" music.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    Half Marathon Done!

Ow ow ow.

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!

The Hounds is way too swag to be good running music. It's more like "walk down the street feeling like a baller" music.

Hard to run in a zoot suit while swinging a pocketwatch, I agree. :P
    Tar3820 wrote: »
    Half Marathon Done!

Ow ow ow.

Congratulations! How'd you do for time?

I met the goal I set when I signed up for the race, which makes me super happy. I was afraid I wouldn't make it cause of my injury, but I powered through!

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    That's the spirit!

So, Primers (I don't really know what to call us), what's the song that gets you through your workouts? We all have our pre-workout pump up songs (Sail by AWOLNation personally) but there is that one song that just gives you a second wind. So, what's yours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJFEYTR6e74 Allows me to just wreck any lift.

edited June 2012
    That's the spirit!

So, Primers (I don't really know what to call us), what's the song that gets you through your workouts? We all have our pre-workout pump up songs (Sail by AWOLNation personally) but there is that one song that just gives you a second wind. So, what's yours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJFEYTR6e74 Allows me to just wreck any lift.

HEEEEEEEEEERE WE ARE

BOOOORN TO BE KIIIIIIIIIIIINGS

WE'RE THE PRINCES OF THE UUUUNIIIVEEEEEEEERSE
    *ahem*

A Night of Queen is so, so good.
    (Disclaimer: I'm a massive Protomen fanboy)

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    For those of you looking to run a half marathon, Competitor.com is offering $20 off any participating Rock n' Roll Marathon or Half you register for today! Here's more info: http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/national-running-day

edited June 2012
    >Get to the end of my run for the day.
    >3.5 total miles ran, pretty much ready to go shower and eat
    >Suddenly Light Up The Night/The Fall starts playing
    > ....
    >CHALLENGE FUCKING ACCEPTED
    >Seven minutes later I'm staring at 4.0 miles on the treadmill

Fuck yeah.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    I started this fitness boot camp on Monday and have been going every day this week. I am sore, sore, sore. I can't walk down the stairs normally. I'm doing a trail run and seriously thinking about forking over the $$$ to do this for the next three months. Does anyone else have experience with these types of boot camps?

• Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Liger wrote: »
    Joined the group! I also sometimes talk about fitness on Twitter, and I use the hashtag #Fit4PAX.

Is anyone else doing Couch to 5k? Today will be Week 4 Day 3 for me.

Im on week 2 right now...if I have engry.it.might be fun to set up a jogging pax group....anyone else intrested? I dont want to lose my progress bc of vacation.

vgc wrote: »
    Alika wrote: »

Omg, I'm in! I'll see if my friend who is also trying to get in shape wants to come. I hate running, but this might be the motivation I need to do so.

Sounds awesome.....as long.as ots a walk/run 5k not sure if.ill quite be ready for a 5k by pax

Liger wrote: »
    Joined the group! I also sometimes talk about fitness on Twitter, and I use the hashtag #Fit4PAX.

Is anyone else doing Couch to 5k? Today will be Week 4 Day 3 for me.

Im on week 2 right now...if I have engry.it.might be fun to set up a jogging pax group....anyone else intrested? I dont want to lose my progress bc of vacation.

I'm totally in! I'll probably be in the middle of training for my next race so a running group would be awesome!

Booo, couldn't run today because my watch relief showed up late and someone else snagged the treadmill. Tomorrow is the Fire and Boat drill which means my afternoon is pooched tomorrow already. Bluuurgh.

wWuzwvJ.png
    I really like This is War by 30 seconds to mars

Another favorite is Whisipers (I hear you)
    by All That Remains

Two personal bests today!

Ran a mile in 10 minutes and squatted 360 pounds! .....and then tracking was down for maintenance. I hope I remember when I get home.

Down to 237 today, means I've dropped about 93 pounds so far.

• Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular

Holy crap, that's awesome. :)

May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • SquirrelOnFireSquirrelOnFire Just this guy, you know? SeattleRegistered User regular

Ran a mile in 10 minutes and squatted 360 pounds!

Daaaang. 360 Lb squat? I am just getting started on squats (doing Stronglifts) and... yeah, you're beating me by over 300 lbs. Hope to close that gap pretty quick here.

Posted this on the Fitocracy group as well, but anyone else care to join the Squirrel Challenge (assuming you haven't already completed it like Payne)? Squirrel Challenge: Be able to squat your own weight at least 5 reps by the start of PAX. Prize... Beer? A button? TOG claims to have mad photoshop skills, maybe we can get him to whip up a muscled squirrel image for a button or something.

Anyone want to join the challenge?

edited June 2012
    Congrats PayneTrayne!

I gained a pound :/ On the bright side, I lost a half inch around my waist!
    Squirrel Challenge: Be able to squat your own weight at least 5 reps by the start of PAX. Prize... Beer? A button? TOG claims to have mad photoshop skills, maybe we can get him to whip up a muscled squirrel image for a button or something.

Challenge accepted! I'll give it a try when I go to the gym next time.

vgc on
    edited June 2012

Ran a mile in 10 minutes and squatted 360 pounds!

Daaaang. 360 Lb squat? I am just getting started on squats (doing Stronglifts) and... yeah, you're beating me by over 300 lbs. Hope to close that gap pretty quick here.

Posted this on the Fitocracy group as well, but anyone else care to join the Squirrel Challenge (assuming you haven't already completed it like Payne)? Squirrel Challenge: Be able to squat your own weight at least 5 reps by the start of PAX. Prize... Beer? A button? TOG claims to have mad photoshop skills, maybe we can get him to whip up a muscled squirrel image for a button or something.

That is a GREAT challenge!

That being said, I believe myself and GoneCross have already completed it. But still, that's a much better idea than 'get some points', Squirrel!

Personal challenges for PAX Prime for me are to Squat 2x my bodyweight 20x and to be able to barbell bench my weight once.

PayneTrayne on
    Week 3 Day 1 of Couch to 2k was a success :) I know its cliche but I listened to Better, Faster, Stronger. Harder on the 3 minute jogging portions and it really helped :) Does anyone have any other power/motivational workout songs they recommend?

Week 3 Day 1 of Couch to 2k was a success :) I know its cliche but I listened to Better, Faster, Stronger. Harder on the 3 minute jogging portions and it really helped :) Does anyone have any other power/motivational workout songs they recommend?
    Palette by Hannetan (or something like that). It's not your fault by AWOLNation. Zombies EP by The Devil Wears Prada. Freaks and Geeks by Childish Gambino. Bragaddacio, I <3 Fags or It Is Pitch Dark by MC Frontalot.

TOG will recommend all of the Protomen.

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012

I totally did the same thing when I was weight lifting! The other song that I lifted to (and is almost as cliche) was Lose Yourself by Eminem.

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular
    Squirrel Challenge: Be able to squat your own weight at least 5 reps by the start of PAX. Prize... Beer? A button? TOG claims to have mad photoshop skills, maybe we can get him to whip up a muscled squirrel image for a button or something.

I'm down - I just got to the point where I'm doing my weight once, maybe twice, but the numbers keep increasing each week, so by PAX I'll definitely be there!

Anyone have suggestions for a pre-workout supplement? Just finished out my SuperPump and I don't feel like dropping another 80 bucks.

• BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    I have used ECCC as my reason to work out every winter. I guess I should start using PAX as a reason to keep up with my gym visits through the summer.
    Current goal:
    Spin x2 a week
    Warrior Workout 3x a week.
    Swim 3x a week.

The outfit I intend to wear is skin tight and bares the abs so... yeah, need to stick with this.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular
    I hope I manage to keep up with everyone in the challenge this next week - I'm going on vacation. There will be no gym and no lifting for me, but I will be doing plenty of swimming, walking, jogging, and sprinting.

• afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular

You sir, are an absolute animal!

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    BombClancy wrote: »
    I have used ECCC as my reason to work out every winter. I guess I should start using PAX as a reason to keep up with my gym visits through the summer.
    Current goal:
    Spin x2 a week
    Warrior Workout 3x a week.
    Swim 3x a week.

The outfit I intend to wear is skin tight and bares the abs so... yeah, need to stick with this.

I think I speak for all the guys at PAX when I say, I would much rather have the sexy gamer chick in rocking outfit with a super awesome workout plan, over some shitty booth chick. Way to go, keep it up.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    It is a bit of an obscure character but I think there might be a couple people who recognize this certain girl from a game with a boomerang challenge :D

I just always hate to see those girls that missed the memo that lack of costume is not a costume and I certainly don't want to be associated with them.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
    Anyone have suggestions for a pre-workout supplement? Just finished out my SuperPump and I don't feel like dropping another 80 bucks.

If you don't care about negative side effects, no-xplode is decent, as well as jack3d. Both have HUGE amounts of caffeine though. Which is also partially why they work. Cheapest on amazon. I don't use pre workouts myself

edited June 2012
    Ravenger wrote: »

If you don't care about negative side effects, no-xplode is decent, as well as jack3d. Both have HUGE amounts of caffeine though. Which is also partially why they work. Cheapest on amazon. I don't use pre workouts myself

Thanks for the advice.

That being said it was 80 bucks on Canadian Amazon. Fuck amazon.ca.

EDIT: Just realized I haven't said this in a while, thanks to everyone for all the encouragement!

PayneTrayne on
    edited June 2012

Just tried this morning after my workout and I don't mean to brag, but daaaaaang, that was easy! My trainer was even there to make sure I was doing it properly and everything. He told me a good goal is 1.5x my body weight. Heck, I can probably shoot for double my weight by PAX!

@BombClancy
    I'm also planning on baring abs for PAX, which is a great motivation for working out! Hope to see you there!

vgc on
    vgc wrote: »

Just tried this morning after my workout and I don't mean to brag, but daaaaaang, that was easy! My trainer was even there to make sure I was doing it properly and everything. He told me a good goal is 1.5x my body weight. Heck, I can probably shoot for double my weight by PAX!

@BombClancy
    I'm also planning on baring abs for PAX, which is a great motivation for working out! Hope to see you there!

Go for double! Go for widowmakers!

This discussion has been closed.