As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Surprise, motherfucker. [DEXTER] is returning. Yay?

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Deb isn't going to handle it well probably if for no other reason than the same one we got for the religious stuff- they need to write something they haven't used before. If Deb is just Deb next season who is more or less ok with Dexter offing killers there's not much for them to do with that. And she can't turn him in, obviously. So we'll get conflicted angst that her brother (who she Loves, remember!) works with cops, is a dad, has been lying, etc. Which would be fine for a few eps, but we'll see how it ends up. Maybe she'll kill herself.

• FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    I hope that
    this will lead to Dexter explaining Harry's Code to Deb, even though he strayed pretty far from that quite often in the last seasons. I just can't figure out in what direction they'll go with this but hopefully it'll be interesting.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
    Yeah, Dexter has been going stupid for a few seasons (Trinity!), hopefully this slaps some sense into him.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Harry's code getting replaced with Deb's code seems plausible, probably with the proviso that Dexter kills way less people.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Well, last season, Deb did start sympathizing with vigilante murderers.
    There's a good chance that she will come to terms with Dexter being a killer of killers reasonably quickly.

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Well, last season, Deb did start sympathizing with vigilante murderers.
    There's a good chance that she will come to terms with Dexter being a killer of killers reasonably quickly.

There's a difference between "oh this one victim got away and someone is helping her get revenge" and "HOLY SHIT Dex! You just fucking killed the Doomsday fucker! Let's make babies on his stillwarm corpse".

Can't believe its another year until this gets resolved.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote:
    "HOLY SHIT Dex! You just fucking killed the Doomsday fucker! Let's make babies fuck on his stillwarm corpse".
    I believe that's what you meant.

steam_sig.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Maybe we are looking at this in the entire wrong way.

I could see next season being a huge cut from status quo and Dexter is on the run for the next 2 seasons when the show will end.

In fact it could be absolutely epic. a nationwide manhunt for Dexter, where hes murdering murderers and leaving the evidence he found of why they are guilty. (plot) sends debra trying to track him down on her own(somehow), and she learns what hes been doing, and comes to accept it. At the end of the season she catches him and helps him escape, and they run off together. They have set up the first kill, he needs to find Trinity.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Trinity is dead bro.

He can be forgiven for forgetting that, as he should have been dead roughly 45,836² times before he was actually killed.

Well, getting back to Dexter mythology, one of his mother's killers is still alive and in hard slam prison. At some point, if he gets caught, he will likely go to that prison and get that guy on his table.

Of course, that guy's cell will be in an isolated part of the prison, and Quinn will get trapped in there. Then Dexter's crazy prison bitch will blow him up to prove his love for Dexter. Dexter will catch up with the prison bitch in the cafeteria and put him down for killing Quinn.

Unless he goes to a women's prison it's just unworkable, I'm afraid.

Xeddicus wrote:

Why would Dexter, Quinn, and the dude that killed Dexter's mom be in a women's prison?

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    You people judge this show too harshly. It's still entertaining as all hell. The only REALLY stupid thing about this season was Dexter's cell phone video he sent to Travis. That was all sorts of silly. Oh and "I hope the side effects don't hit me right now, oh wait they did!!!"

The ending was pretty solid.
    Travis became a better villian once we found out he was crazy. I mean, we knew that all along. But once the show revealed that, they began showing him in a light that made him a lot more fun to watch. Yelling at dead bodies of people he killed. The atmopshere around him in the last couple episodes was relatively solid and threatening.

616610-1.png
    Xeddicus wrote:

Why would Dexter, Quinn, and the dude that killed Dexter's mom be in a women's prison?

If this was on Cinemax instead of Showtime you wouldn't be asking. :)

Xeddicus wrote:
    Xeddicus wrote:

If this was on Cinemax instead of Showtime you wouldn't be asking. :)

If this were on Cinemax instead of Showtime, Dexter would get laid every episode (because all the people he killed would be sexy sluts or have sexy slut girlfriends) and Deb would still be an undercover vice cop, but who is having lesbian relationships with all of the hookers. Dexter would have shagged Lumen the minute he found her, while she was all traumatized and shit. Instead of Gellar, Travis would see a lingere model.

Basically it would be the best show ever made.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    The only thing that wouldn't change is that the cops on Dexter are at about the same quality as you would find on a Cinemax program.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    The only thing that wouldn't change is that the cops on Dexter are at about the same quality as you would find on a Cinemax program.

I really liked Doakes. Like he was one of my favorite characters. The actor was awesome.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:

I really liked Doakes. Like he was one of my favorite characters. The actor was awesome.

When we say "cops on Dexter" we mean "cops on Dexter who weren't blown the fuck up for being competent."

The quality of the Homicide department isn't some plot hole, it's natural selection at work.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Drez wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:

I am sad that Ghost of Doakes has never made an appearence.
    He deserved one way more than Brian, if you ask me.

Of course, one "Surprise, Motherfucker" out of Doakes, and that would have resolved Dexter's whole post-Brother Sam breakdown immediately. So perhaps it's for the best.
    For now.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    LaCabra wrote:
    Trinity is dead bro.

To the police and FBI he isnt. I am talking about the son.

edit: oh god not double negatives.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Drez wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:

Of course, one "Surprise, Motherfucker" out of Doakes, and that would have resolved Dexter's whole post-Brother Sam breakdown immediately. So perhaps it's for the best.
    6262680060_62aa880b1c_z_d.jpg

LaCabra on
  • Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    I feel like Deb is gonna be ok with it what with Dexter saving her life.

Also, I don't think she'd turn him in because of his son, she'll rationalize it somehow and they'll have incest babies and kill people together.

sig-1.jpg
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    I have a question regarding Dexter's container origins...
    Do they ever mention why Harry only picked up Dexter from the shipping container? Wasn't he banging the informant/Dexter's mom? Is it possible he's Harry's biological son, but Bryan/Rudy wasn't?

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I feel like Deb is gonna be ok with it what with Dexter saving her life.

Also, I don't think she'd turn him in because of his son, she'll rationalize it somehow and they'll have incest babies and kill people together.

Deliverance the series?

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    LaCabra wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    Corpekata wrote:

6262680060_62aa880b1c_z_d.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prhzzqc0aFQ

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    mr_mich wrote:
    I have a question regarding Dexter's container origins...
    Do they ever mention why Harry only picked up Dexter from the shipping container? Wasn't he banging the informant/Dexter's mom? Is it possible he's Harry's biological son, but Bryan/Rudy wasn't?
    Harry thought the experience had ruined Brian but Dexter might still have a chance.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    I just finished the season and I'm glad I wasn't the only person to think some of this writing was just lazy and ridiculous.
    Waiting for Dex to enter the crime scene was a monumental Deus Ex Machina. They have /never/ waited for him in any other episode.
    Also the "Dex calls 911 from his cell" thing annoyed me. Of course 911 doesn't have caller ID. Lets not forget the Dex goes nuts in Kansas episode. Shooting wildly out of a moving vehicle....totally in character.
    I also found the "Deb loves Dex" bit to be absolutely ridiculous. If they needed a reason for Deb to accept Dex as a serial killer they had the perfect reasoning last season with the Jordan Chase plot line.

I will still watch the beginning of next season to see what they do with Deb, but I'm getting mighty fed up with the weird and lazy writing.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    I just finished the season and I'm glad I wasn't the only person to think some of this writing was just lazy and ridiculous.
    Waiting for Dex to enter the crime scene was a monumental Deus Ex Machina. They have /never/ waited for him in any other episode.
    Also the "Dex calls 911 from his cell" thing annoyed me. Of course 911 doesn't have caller ID. Lets not forget the Dex goes nuts in Kansas episode. Shooting wildly out of a moving vehicle....totally in character.
    I also found the "Deb loves Dex" bit to be absolutely ridiculous. If they needed a reason for Deb to accept Dex as a serial killer they had the perfect reasoning last season with the Jordan Chase plot line.

I will still watch the beginning of next season to see what they do with Deb, but I'm getting mighty fed up with the weird and lazy writing.

Unless this shit gets 24-bad, I'm gonna finish it out. But yeah, there were a few things that just really made me shrug.
    I though the "wait for Dexter to enter a crime scene" thing was ridiculous as well. I was all curious how they were going to work the painting into the plot, what was going to happen, and they were all "nevermind." Fuck.

Didn't really think about calling 911 from his cell, but yeah that's pretty bad. Him going nuts on the road fit for me, though...it was an intentional break.

As for the semi-incest, I'm buying it.

Really what's getting to me is how sloppy Dexter has become. He hasn't always been this way. In the beginning they stressed the meticulous planning and thought that went into planning his ritual, and not getting caught. But now? Yeah, let's do the kill at a crime scene that people know I'll be at that evening. Great idea. It's like he wants to get caught nowadays.

I actually thought that this season's writing was pretty good until after the Kansas episode. Then they collectively had a nervious breakdown or something.

The writing early on seems better because they managed to tone down the aggressive annoyingness of the supporting cast, which after a season's worth of Angel and Laguerta marriage stuff felt like a godsend.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    ‘Chuck’ Star Yvonne Strahovski To Recur On Showtime’s ‘Dexter’
    In her first series gig since the end of NBC’s Chuck, Yvonne Strahovski has joined the cast of Showtime’s drama series Dexter for a multi-episode arc in the upcoming seventh season. She will play Hannah McKay, a strong, independent woman with a past that she’s struggled to put behind her. As a turn of events leads Miami Metro Homicide to ask for her help in solving some old cases, Dexter (Michael C. Hall) works with her and begins to wonder if there’s more to this woman than she’s professed. Production on season seven began last week for a September 30 premiere. Strahovski is best-known for playing CIA operative Sarah Walker on Chuck. Up next, she co-stars in two films: Guilt Trip opposite Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen; and as the female lead in I, Frankenstein with Aaron Eckhart.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Ok, they picked the one blond that I find acceptable to replace Rita. The previous one was too soon and a trial run. So I'm sure they'll kill Hannah.

edited June 2012
    Well, at this this season will have eye candy to distract from the overall silliness.

Corpekata on
    It's just a "multi-episode arc," it says. So I don't think she's going to be a Julia Stiles or John Lithgow-level co-star.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    'Dexter' Ending After Season 8: Executive Producer Sara Colleton Confirms It's 'Definite'
    "Dexter" is "definitely" ending after Season 8, executive producer Sara Colleton confirmed in an interview with TV Guide.

When Showtime's serial killer thriller was renewed for two more seasons mid-way through Season 6, it was widely assumed that episode order would be its closing run. But Showtime president David Nevins left his options open, telling Deadline.com at the time of the renewal, “I’m not going to say with absolute certainty that this is the end, but that is the likely scenario, that the series is moving towards a definite end.”

Now, Colleton has moved the end-game a step closer. "This was definite," she clarified. "We wanted to end it this year, but the network convinced us that it would be best to do it in two years. In some ways, this is a two-season series-ender. We have worked that out and know where it's going to end. Next year will definitely be the last year of 'Dexter.' Absolutely."

With Showtime pot comedy "Weeds" also slated to end after its upcoming eighth season, the premium network is entering something of a transitional period.

"There were two shows, 'Weeds' and 'Dexter,' that really got Showtime taken seriously for cutting-edge original programming," Nevins recently told EW. "How they get brought home is really important."

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    looks pretty fucking good to me

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited August 2012
    Dexter imagines stabbing like the entire cast? It's like they're in my head.

And lol I totally forgot Lewis the intern existed. Was the new cop from last season even in that trailer?

Hopefully they get it back on track. Looks like the baton of "Miami Metro member that investigates Dexter for the season" has been passed to Laguerta. Stabby time Dex. Stabby time.

Corpekata on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2012
    Keen.

I'm just watching season six now.

Edit: Season Six isn't nearly as terrible as persons said it was.

_J_ on