As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX 2006 Dinner Results!

• Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'm in and so is my group of possibly 4 :D

Oh geez...better make that 5 or 6 or 7, depending on who wants to, and can, come.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I am totally in on this stuff, provided I can escape the madness of PAX Setup long enough. Also - did not take part in the poll, so that's one more arse to the count.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    GravenImageGravenImage Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    If it isn't too late to get in on this, I'd definately like to come! .. That is assuming I find a way to get there without needing to walk over an hour. I'm starting to regret not having a car.

GravenImage on
    4682E6D2C2A28.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'm pretty sure I already said it, but I'm in.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'm in too, this plus Snakes seems like a great time.

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2006
    I would like in for both prz.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    If it isn't too late to get in on this, I'd definately like to come! .. That is assuming I find a way to get there without needing to walk over an hour. I'm starting to regret not having a car.

There are busses in Bellevue, and it's right next to the bus transit center.

Doc on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2006
    Astayonix - do we have a current head count, and if so, do we have a current reservation? Or at least, has anyone called the restaurant to give them any warning that 50+ hungry geeks are going to storm their place around 7 pm?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Doc wrote:

There are busses in Bellevue, and it's right next to the bus transit center.

Yeah, I checked that stuff out earlier to get it figured out. I'll definately be there, probably a bit early but it beats a bit late! See y'all there!

GravenImage on
    4682E6D2C2A28.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Astayonix - do we have a current head count, and if so, do we have a current reservation? Or at least, has anyone called the restaurant to give them any warning that 50+ hungry geeks are going to storm their place around 7 pm?

Doc on
  • Options
    AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    There is a good chance that I'll be bringing Monkeybomb, too.

So make that 34.

Ah, cool. I met him last year at PAX. How do you know him?

SE++

Haven't actually met him yet, but he's being cool enough to let Geek and I crash on his floor thursday, since I forgot to book my room for that night and Geek is crashing on my floor Friday and Saturday nights. He's getting into town around 4, so I figured I'll end up dragging him to the dinner, and likely Snakes on a Plane afterward.

There is a good chance that Shorty will also be attending.

There will be no dragging. I am coming willingly. See: previous page.

And I'm serious about the getting drunk and then swing dancing.

[spoiler:5c9ea6673d]I'm a good drunk though, you won't have to take care of me, Rank.[/spoiler:5c9ea6673d]

Monkey, I LOVE ballroom dancing, and I'd love to go swing dancing with you on Thurs. night if you'd like to! We could go to Century Ballroom if you like :) I'm a west-coast fan myself, and I've never tried lindy, but I'm always willing to try something new! Do you have a favorite place you like to dance? :P

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Doc wrote:

Head count as of August 14th 2006: Between 91 (confirmed "yes" notices) and 118 (confirmed "yes" and "maybe" notices) people will be attending the Pre-PAX 2006 Dinner!

The restaurant is aware of the situation, and I'm constantly monitoring the situation at the restaurant. I'm also continuing to work towards a better discount for everyone. I'll report back as soon as I have any news regarding that. Thank you all for your notificaton, and I'm sure that we're going to tear that place apart! 2 more weeks!

W00T PAX! :twisted:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Wow. Everyone bring cash.

Doc on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'm bringing along another dude, so make that 92 confirmed.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Astayonix wrote:
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    There is a good chance that I'll be bringing Monkeybomb, too.

So make that 34.

Ah, cool. I met him last year at PAX. How do you know him?

SE++

Haven't actually met him yet, but he's being cool enough to let Geek and I crash on his floor thursday, since I forgot to book my room for that night and Geek is crashing on my floor Friday and Saturday nights. He's getting into town around 4, so I figured I'll end up dragging him to the dinner, and likely Snakes on a Plane afterward.

There is a good chance that Shorty will also be attending.

There will be no dragging. I am coming willingly. See: previous page.

And I'm serious about the getting drunk and then swing dancing.

[spoiler:aeb8c18fa1]I'm a good drunk though, you won't have to take care of me, Rank.[/spoiler:aeb8c18fa1]

Monkey, I LOVE ballroom dancing, and I'd love to go swing dancing with you on Thurs. night if you'd like to! We could go to Century Ballroom if you like :) I'm a west-coast fan myself, and I've never tried lindy, but I'm always willing to try something new! Do you have a favorite place you like to dance? :P

Didn't see this until now. Yeah, I've never danced at the Century before, I'd totally be up for it. pm

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    digitalodindigitalodin IowaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    +1 confirmed yes as long as the CCST makes it on time

digitalodin on
    Boogle Boogle Bear...
  • Options
    JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    If it isn't too late me and my friend would like to come plus my other friend who might come, so if it's still possible thats +2 yes and +1 maybe

Jerkfish on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Doc wrote:
    I'll be there.
    Count me in. Never pass up the opportunity to hang with fellow PAsters.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Husher~Husher~ Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    my friend and i might be there.
    hope i get the 10% off drinks.

Husher~ on
    active
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I am gonna be there prolly with my brother getting dragged along.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Oh, wait a minute Astayonix. Looks like Thursday is Salsa and then Friday is gay night and then more salsa.

Yeah, maybe I won't be hitting up the Century.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    PRE-PAX DINNER LOGISTICS!! IMPORTANT!! LOOK HERE... ETC..!!!

Okay, ladies and gents (mostly gents), here we are 1 week away from the evening of the Pre-PAX06 Dinner! I have a few points I need to get across.

1) I spoke with the manager of Las Margaritas, and I told him that I think he can do a better job with our discount. So, he extended the 10% discount to EVERYTHING on the menu (including alcoholic drinks!) before tax. So, yay! 10% off of EVERYTHING!

2) Doc is entirely right - BRING CASH! I can't stress that enough. So, I'll do it again. BRING CASH! Don't think you're going to be able to go into the restaurant and split a $300 bill over 27 different credit/debit cards. BRING CASH! There's an ATM nearby if you need it. Try to pay early to avoid playing the "Well, who ordered this? Because I didn't!" game 2 hours later. Don't leave the restaurant until you chip in for your meal IN CASH! Tearing the place apart = fun! Dine & dash = tacky.

Here is how the restaurant is going to bill us:
    For Poeple Sitting in the Party Room: There will be 1 check for every 10 people.
    For People Sitting in Standard Dining Areas: There will be 1 check per table.

Feel free to use this info however you see fit when chosing a table to sit at for the dining portion of the evening.

3) We are over 100 people descending upon this restaurant like a swarm of locusts :twisted:. This is awesome! To that end, the Las Margaritas party room can accomodate up to 50 people. That means the rest of our group will spill out of the party room and into the upstairs and downstairs normal dining areas. So, if you're in the party room, be sure to get up and meet people who might be dining upstairs or downstairs in the main dining area. If you happen to be seated in the main dining area, don't be shy! Come mingle with people in the party room! :D Yay and stuff.

1 week till this event.. 8 days until PAX... I seriously can't wait, and I hope you can't either! SEE YOU GUYS THERE! 8) Oh, and :arrow: BRING CA$H!!!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    doczerodoczero Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Sweet, Nice negotiating.
    Now to get some cash!
    DZ

doczero on
    =
    Where there is no love,
    Nothing is possible.
    =
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Woot, I'm totally stoked for this.. I so don't know anyone, so if a guy with a slight southern accent walks up, shoves out his hand at random and introduces himself, yeah.. It could be me. Just.. Be gentle.

GravenImage on
    4682E6D2C2A28.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    cash.
    well i want my own bill cus im drinken my dinner. woot

Husher~ on
    active
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Husher~ wrote:

Good luck with that. I suggest you read the part where I talk about how the restaurant is going to split up the bill. Not saying it can't happen, but that I'd be surprised if they gave people their indiviudal bills.

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    HexcoreHexcore Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Astayonix wrote:
    1) I spoke with the manager of Las Margaritas, and I told him that I think he can do a better job with our discount. So, he extended the 10% discount to EVERYTHING on the menu (including alcoholic drinks!) before tax. So, yay! 10% off of EVERYTHING!

I have never meet you but, I must still salute your Awe inspiring bargaining power. That has earned you at least one drink from me :)

Hexcore on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Hexcore wrote:
    Astayonix wrote:

I have never meet you but, I must still salute your Awe inspiring bargaining power. That has earned you at least one drink from me :)

Oh you have no idea. When you meet her, ask her about how she strong-armed some hella discounts out of fitness club membership. We're talking back room deals here.

(Oh, and since this important notice about cash is coming so late, let me be the first to say that we're all totally doomed. The billing portion of this will be an unmitigated fiasco of epic proportions.)

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    I feel sorry for the people who will have to clean up after us.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    I feel sorry for the people who will have to clean up after us.

They might as well just turn over all the tables and then use shovels. It would probably be easier.

Doc on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2006
    I need to state this point very clearly.

This is going to be a fucking nightmare for the wait staff there, so PLEASE BE SURE TO TIP WELL.

Yes they are getting a lot of business from this, but it is goign to be crazy, crazy, crazy for them so please be patient, be understanding and make sure to leave a very healty tip.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006

This is going to be a fucking nightmare for the wait staff there, so PLEASE BE SURE TO TIP WELL.

Yes they are getting a lot of business from this, but it is goign to be crazy, crazy, crazy for them so please be patient, be understanding and make sure to leave a very healty tip.

Seconded. And if I catch you tipping poorly, I'll.. Er.. Challenge you to a duel.. Of.. Thumb war.. Or something.

GravenImage on
    4682E6D2C2A28.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006

Seconded. And if I catch you tipping poorly, I'll.. Er.. Challenge you to a duel.. Of.. Thumb war.. Or something.

I second this.

I'd be angry. And you wouldn't like my thumb when I'm angry.
    64029491a4df4beabb3262cb221976cb.jpg

Doc on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Aye. I'll tip well.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    I'd like to see him do that with a bottle of bawls.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2006
    Astayonix wrote:
    Husher~ wrote:

Good luck with that. I suggest you read the part where I talk about how the restaurant is going to split up the bill. Not saying it can't happen, but that I'd be surprised if they gave people their indiviudal bills.

well im still bring cash. im not one that doesn't go with the flow

Husher~ on
    active
  • Options
    CloakedCloaked Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Sorry for the late reply, my buddy and I would like to go to the dinner, is there still room for us? (2 people)

Cloaked on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    I'd like to see him do that with a bottle of bawls.

Actually, bottles of Bawls behave differently from most bottles. I have found that when you shoot normal bottles with a .45 they break into shards, but when you shoot Bawls bottles they mostly break into pea-sized glass bits like the safety glass from a car window. Of course without the concussion of a ballistic impact this might not occur in the instance of crushing one with your hand.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006

I love our PA community! You guys are wonderful! I really appreciate that everyone posting about tipping generously, because you're right. It's going to be hell on wheels for that wait staff. So, thanks for that! You guys rule! And not only beause you BRING CASH! :wink:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Cloaked wrote:
    Sorry for the late reply, my buddy and I would like to go to the dinner, is there still room for us? (2 people)

Come on dowwwwn!

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-