As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] 2012 Challenge Coins - Sold Out

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Yes, I will post here once I have shipped all the coins in the first batch.

IhtGIyi.png
  • TMIBTMIB Registered User regular
    I really hope there is a second printing. I have the challenge coins from the last two years and was looking forward to adding this year to my collection. I was watching this thread, but missed a few days and lost my chance to get in on the first run.

Alternatively, if anyone has an extra first printing coin you would be willing to sell, please send me a message.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    TMIB wrote: »
    I really hope there is a second printing. I have the challenge coins from the last two years and was looking forward to adding this year to my collection. I was watching this thread, but missed a few days and lost my chance to get in on the first run.

Alternatively, if anyone has an extra first printing coin you would be willing to sell, please send me a message.

There will be another run of coins, and they are going to be exactly the same as the first run.

IhtGIyi.png
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Just checking if my dollars have arrived with you?

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    Just checking if my dollars have arrived with you?

Yes, I received your payment. As well as everybody else who sent a check / cash in.
    Sorry I didn't let you all know sooner.

IhtGIyi.png
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Not a problem, it can take a couple of weeks in the post!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Invoice paid. If only PAX wasn't so far away :(

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
    SkeleVader wrote: »

There will be another run of coins, and they are going to be exactly the same as the first run.

Cool. I missed the post indicating that the second run was now a sure thing. Also, I realize now my message was a bit unclear- I didn't mean to imply that first runs were somehow different, just that I thought the first run was the *only* run. :)

• AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Invoice received and paid for :D...Any rough estimate on when the next batch will be shipped out?

No rush, just excited! lol

Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
    Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
    76561197962492129.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Aractor wrote: »
    Invoice received and paid for :D...Any rough estimate on when the next batch will be shipped out?

No rush, just excited! lol

I don't think the first batch has even been shipped out yet to purchasers. I could be wrong though, but he said he'd post when he shipped the first and he hasn't done so yet.

Correct, I have ordered all the padded shipping supplies, once I get them I will be able to start sending out the first batch.

A rough estimate for the second batch would probably be that they will be shipped to you in about a month.

IhtGIyi.png
  • smashilatorsmashilator Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    Invoice received and paid. Want shiny thing.

• AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Invoiced received and paid for. I really wasn't interested at first because the design seemed kind of meh but it just turned out so well on the coin!

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • BaghdadBeanBaghdadBean Wrench Wench Scio-Lacomb, ORRegistered User regular
    Aylaviere wrote: »
    Invoiced received and paid for. I really wasn't interested at first because the design seemed kind of meh but it just turned out so well on the coin!

You know, it's funny but that's how I felt on previous years' coins. This year going over to a PC motif was what really drove me to take notice, and I have some friends coming out for their first PAX so I thought I would surprise them with the coins as a lasting reminder of how awesome this community is. I have to admit, it's amazing how well such a simple design looks in raised relief on a chunk o'metal. Now I kinda wish I'd participated in this a few years back.

edited June 2012
    I mailed most of the coins in the first batch today. I was one envelope short so I will need to go pick another one up, but all the others are on their way is very oversized padded envelopes.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
    Have you started sending invoices for the second batch yet? I have not received an invoice and just want to make sure I don't miss my chance. I filled out the form when it still said it was a waitlist- do I need to do it again now that the second batch is confirmed?

Yes, I have sent the invoices for the second batch. There have been a couple people that didn't get the invoice the first time I sent it so I will send yours again. If you don't see it soon let me know.

IhtGIyi.png
  • OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    I just wanted to chime in and say that I received my coins today, and I am blown away at how they came out. SkeleVader, you are the man. Thanks so much for putting this together. These coins will be great mementos for the first PAX that me and my group are attending.

img20120613191249.jpg

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    My coin also showed up yesterday. It looks fantastic! Thanks!

1tLJUH2O.png
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Hmm, just noticed that these are in vinyl pouches rather than capsules. I might have to see if I can get some of those capsules for my own coins...

• karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    It shouldn't be hard to get capsules for them. I think these should work, but don't quote me on that. Buy at your own risk because I can't guarantee 100% that these would fit this particular coin. They're big pages, so just search for down the list until you find the entry I mention.
    X6 X44mm Foam Ring 1.75" Military Challenge Coin
    X X1.75 Air-Tite Direct Fit Capsule 45mm Medallion / Token (1.75"x.156")

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Hmm, just noticed that these are in vinyl pouches rather than capsules. I might have to see if I can get some of those capsules for my own coins...

If you get them, let me know where. I am also planning to get two for ours.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    Invoice just paid, apologies for the slight delay due to a destroyed phone inhibiting access to the e-mail account in question.

Saw the coin photo a few posts back, can't wait to pick these babies up!

Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    karmacappa wrote: »
    It shouldn't be hard to get capsules for them. I think these should work, but don't quote me on that. Buy at your own risk because I can't guarantee 100% that these would fit this particular coin. They're big pages, so just search for down the list until you find the entry I mention.
    X6 X44mm Foam Ring 1.75" Military Challenge Coin
    X X1.75 Air-Tite Direct Fit Capsule 45mm Medallion / Token (1.75"x.156")
    I ordered a few of these to see how they'd work for these coins. It's no big loss if they don't work since they're pretty inexpensive, but I'll post back in this thread to report on how they work.

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Saw the coin photo a few posts back, can't wait to pick these babies up!
    Me too. They look pretty badass. Can't wait to get it in hand.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    OMG Im wishing Id ordered them to be shipping im so excited to get this year's coin!

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular
    The coins look really nice! Thanks for putting all of the hard work into getting these for us!

The orders have slowed down quite a bit & there are still a handful of people who haven't paid in the second group, so I only ordered another 150 coins. If interest picks up again as we get closer I can always order more.

IhtGIyi.png
  • ioicctsniwioicctsniw Registered User regular
    Just a quick question for you first batch folks. It's been a while since Skele sent out the first batch and I'm just wondering if anyone else has not received their coins yet. I haven't seen them come in the mail but maybe it's just he postal service being slow.

ioicctsniw wrote: »
    Just a quick question for you first batch folks. It's been a while since Skele sent out the first batch and I'm just wondering if anyone else has not received their coins yet. I haven't seen them come in the mail but maybe it's just he postal service being slow.

Sorry, I haven't sent your order yet. I was one envelope short and you were last on the list. I haven't had time to get to the post office to get another one so I have ordered more and am waiting on them to send your out.

IhtGIyi.png
  • ioicctsniwioicctsniw Registered User regular

Sorry, I haven't sent your order yet. I was one envelope short and you were last on the list. I haven't had time to get to the post office to get another one so I have ordered more and am waiting on them to send your out.

Right on, thanks for the quick response! Didn't want to be a pest but just wasn't sure what was going on.

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    SkeleVader, I just want to confirm that I am still good to pick my 2 coins up at PAX. As you know I was having issues with payment. Got it to work, but now I am worried that (for whatever reason) it didn't ACTUALLY get to you. (ok...so maybe I'm just a little paranoid) That said, I would hate to miss out on this just because I didn't ask.

Thanks!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!

Should they all have arrived yet? I still have not got ours but thought maybe they were just taking a while since we are across the country.

Fenrisfang wrote: »
    SkeleVader, I just want to confirm that I am still good to pick my 2 coins up at PAX. As you know I was having issues with payment. Got it to work, but now I am worried that (for whatever reason) it didn't ACTUALLY get to you. (ok...so maybe I'm just a little paranoid) That said, I would hate to miss out on this just because I didn't ask.

Thanks!

Yes, your payment has been received.

adias.angel,
    USPS says your package was delivered on June 13 at 1:00PM.
    Have you had problems with packages not making it to your place before?
    I will send replacement coins with the next batch since it looks like someone might have lifted your package.

IhtGIyi.png
    Fenrisfang wrote: »

Thanks!

Yes, your payment has been received.

adias.angel,
    USPS says your package was delivered on June 13 at 1:00PM.
    Have you had problems with packages not making it to your place before?
    I will send replacement coins with the next batch since it looks like someone might have lifted your package.

Let me check with our local post office. What color is the envelope?

They are white and are 12.5" x 9.5".

IhtGIyi.png
  • FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Thanks!

Fenrisfang on
    PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • smashilatorsmashilator Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    If you have a pile of unclaimed coins at the show, i imagine you could walk around with a sign on Friday or Saturday morning along the line of people waiting to get in and pretty much finish them off.

• alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    I got my coins safe and sound - they are wonderful. Thank you for running this effort! :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    Will there be another run or has the ship already sailed on this years challenge coins?

Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
This discussion has been closed.