As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arkham Horror] Blackest Goat in the Darkest Corner Episode 8: Diamond to the rescue.

• NoizRnelNoizRnel Registered User regular
    Adjusting skill sliders:
    Spead/Sneak: 4/2
    Fight/Will: 3/4
    Lore/Luck: 0/3

I would like to give my Nameless Cults to someone... McGlen too dumb to read..

• Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    With that the game is on!

Update for 1st round coming real soon

edit: well actually Dexter still has to pick his spell, but he can do that while moving.

Majestic Goat on
    edited June 2012
    Setup phase Mytho:
    Mythos20.png

Gate to the Abyss has been opened by cultists of the anicent one.
    Some of them were driven mad just by looking at the glorious beyond through the gate, rushed to the street while shouting: "Armageddon! Armageddon!" Then gunned down by Feds.

Yet the true evil still lurks within the Cave of Evil Chaos, unknown to all but a handful.

Gate to The Abyss opened at Black Cave with Dimensional Shambler jumped through the rift between worlds. At the same time cultist moved to Rivertown St. and returned to cup because of the headline. Another clue appears in Hibb's Road House

Upkeep phase & Movement phase:
    @Kirindal ->@Capfalcon ->@Chrysis->@NoizRNel->@mi-go hunter->@Cythraul

Majestic Goat on
    You may upkeep and move out of the listed order,
    Just remember that combat will be handled according to the order

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    SPEED/SNEAK: 4/0 (change)
    FIGHT/WILL: 4/2 (change)
    LORE/LUCK: 3/3

Move to the Science Building, in hopes of getting a sweet Unique item. Plus, I don't believe there are any herpetologists on campus. I hope not.

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    OH! Remember that all monsters have their toughness increased by 1! So be careful out there.

mi-go hunter on
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Move to Hibb's Roadhouse, Darrell needs a juicy lead to snag that article. With all that noise, this place looks promising.

edited June 2012
    Kirindal wrote: »
    Move to Hibb's Roadhouse, Darrell needs a juicy lead to snag that article. With all that noise, this place looks promising.

Simmons gain $2 from retainer, 2 clues from Hibb's RoadHouse

Majestic Goat on
    SPEED/SNEAK: 4/0 (change)
    FIGHT/WILL: 4/2 (change)

Move to the Science Building, in hopes of getting a sweet Unique item. Plus, I don't believe there are any herpetologists on campus. I hope not.

Jack gain 1 clue from Science Building (unless someone decides to clue-block you :P)

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    OK, sorry for the delays. Drake will take Enchant Weapon and the Dread Curse. He'll leave his sliders as I stated before and mosey on over to the Historic Society.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    SPEED/SNEAK: 4/3
    FIGHT/WILL: 3/2
    LORE/LUCK: 1/3

Move to Graveyard for delicious clues.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Speed/Sneak = 2/2
    Fight/Will = 3/4
    Lore/Luck = 3/3 (change)

Move to Merchant District since I'm so damn slow :P. Gonna move my lore slider up a bit so I can read this book next turn.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    edited June 2012
    Chrysis wrote: »
    OK, sorry for the delays. Drake will take Enchant Weapon and the Dread Curse. He'll leave his sliders as I stated before and mosey on over to the Historic Society.

Thought you're going double Shrivelling.
    Drake discovers some sensitive detail in Historic Society and gain 1 clue.
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    SPEED/SNEAK: 4/3
    FIGHT/WILL: 3/2
    LORE/LUCK: 1/3

Move to Graveyard for delicious clues.

A half eaten corpse in Graveyard gives Diamond a clue.

Majestic Goat on
    edited June 2012
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Speed/Sneak = 2/2
    Fight/Will = 3/4
    Lore/Luck = 3/3 (change)

Move to Merchant District since I'm so damn slow :P. Gonna move my lore slider up a bit so I can read this book next turn.

Some fancy trinkets catch Barnes' eyes and make her stops at Merchant District. Bank account is $1 richer from her trust fund.

Majestic Goat on
    Keep my sliders the same and move to the Historical Society to give Dex my useless book...

NoizRnel wrote: »
    Keep my sliders the same and move to the Historical Society to give Dex my useless book...

McGlen joins Drake's reading party in Historic Society and gives him Nameless Cults

edited June 2012
    Encounter:

Simmons:
    A stranger approaches and buys you a bottle of whiskey. While you want to save it up for future, you have a strange feeling that downing the whole bottle will give you some insight of the power behind all recent mysterious events. 2 events to choose from: gain a bottle of Whiskey; or make a Will(-1) check to stay awake while quizzing the locals.

Diamond:
    A man you recognize him as Cooter Falwell grabs your coat and keeps yelling at you about his belief and experience with the beyond. Make a Lore (-1) check to see if you understand the meanings behind his words.

Drake:
    The librarian offers you a chance to visit their secret archive for $3. If you refuse, he will be really mad and kick you out onto the street. If you accept the offer, make a Luck (-1) to see what may you learn from the archive.

McGlen:
    The book you're reading is really interesting and useful. Make Luck (-1)[2] to learn a skill from it.

Jack:
    "Hey tough guy, wanna see who's got better arms?" A huge man stand in front of you and challenge you to an arm wrestling. Do you accept his challenge?

Barnes:
    Today is quite uneventful. Your sister is still nowhere to be found. No encounter.

Majestic Goat on
    @Majestic Goat, are you sure there is a Joey "The Rat" encounter in the Historical Society?

Anyway, I'll armwrestle the dude.

edited June 2012
    @Majestic Goat, are you sure there is a Joey "The Rat" encounter in the Historical Society?

Anyway, I'll armwrestle the dude.

Oops being careless, thanks.

Even though your arm hurts a lot, you beat him fair and square. He introduces himself as SIR William Brinton and offers his help in your investigation. Lose 2 stamina and gain Sir William Brinton as an ally.

Majestic Goat on
    edited June 2012
    Yeeeaaaah!

Now, all I need to take care of is my sanity.

mi-go hunter on
    Yeeeaaaah!

Now, all I need to take care of is my sanity.

Heh, first round goes really smooth so far, most encounters are quite beneficial.
    Also the more I try to narrate, the more I wish I have included personal story.

edited June 2012
    NoizRnel wrote: »

That's some luck there :^:
    Your sticky fingers accidental tear open a hidden page within an old tome. From the hidden page you have uncovered a special sneak technic off a forgotten cult. However by the time you come to total understand of the skill, hours have been passed. You are delayed, stay here next turn.

Majestic Goat on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Diamond would have to spend his clue to have a shot at passing, so AUTOFAIL in the Graveyard.

Capfalcon wrote: »
    Diamond would have to spend his clue to have a shot at passing, so AUTOFAIL in the Graveyard.

Exhausted by the old man's "belief and vision", you make an excuse and run away. Move to Rivertown

Never one to reject whiskey especially if someone else is buying, Darrell will accept that drink. Might get thirsty later.

I was, but that was when I didn't have the option of the Dread Curse. Double shriveling is nice and all, but if I have to cast them both then something has probably gone horribly wrong.

Anyway, let's pay $3 and have a dig around.
    Luck -1 is 2 dice. 2d6.hits(5) → [6,6] = (2)
    Hell yeah, all the hits. Time for Drake to work some magic.

Thanks for the book as well. Gonna be fun reading that.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    I practice looking awesome with my tommy gun while everyone else has encounters :P

Steam
    edited June 2012
    Kirindal wrote: »
    Never one to reject whiskey especially if someone else is buying, Darrell will accept that drink. Might get thirsty later.

Tasty whiskey get! Just remember don't drink and drive.
    I was, but that was when I didn't have the option of the Dread Curse. Double shriveling is nice and all, but if I have to cast them both then something has probably gone horribly wrong.

Anyway, let's pay $3 and have a dig around.
    Luck -1 is 2 dice. 2d6.hits(5) → [6,6] = (2)
    Hell yeah, all the hits. Time for Drake to work some magic.

Thanks for the book as well. Gonna be fun reading that.

You guys are lucky in your luck checks!
    There's a spell sitting deep in the archive, waiting for a true sorcerer like you. You may now Heal!

Majestic Goat on
    edited June 2012
    Other world encounter:
    There is none!

Mythos phase:
    Mythos2.png

Another gate opens at a island where no one has ever care to visit. A gate to R'lyeh(-3 cross) has been opened! Creatures emerge from the gate and run toward the populated area. Barnes almost bump into a horrible Shoggoth while Diamond sees a Dimensional Shambler searching for its victim.
    Jack has encountered a student mumbling something his thesis of stars alignment and dimensional rift, and gain some insight from it, 1 clue gain.
    Meanwhile thousands light years away, Mi-Goes arm themselves with the new developed Hunter Ward Armor, to protect themselves from Mi-Go hunters.

Round 2:
    Map:
    Upkeep & Movement phase:

Order:
    @Capfalcon -> @Chrysis -> @NoizRNel-> @mi-go hunter -> @Cythraul -> @Kirindal

Shoggoth has a toughness of 4 and DS has 2.

Simmons please remember to roll for your retainer.

Majestic Goat on
    I practice looking awesome with my tommy gun while everyone else has encounters :P

Your attractiveness has drawn you a new admirer: Mr. Shoggoth! :twisted:

You forgot a couple of things, namely to subtract the $3 that hunting around cost me and that the "Great" Drake draws an extra spell and discards one when drawing Spells, so it should be Heal or Something Else. Although Heal is probably pretty useful.

Anyway, Drake will leave his sliders as-is and strut his way to the Silver Twilight Lodge.

You forgot a couple of things, namely to subtract the $3 that hunting around cost me and that the "Great" Drake draws an extra spell and discards one when drawing Spells, so it should be Heal or Something Else. Although Heal is probably pretty useful.

Anyway, Drake will leave his sliders as-is and strut his way to the Silver Twilight Lodge.

Keep messing things up :(
    You've got the choice between Heal and Wither

Toughness of 4?? Dear god!

I -do- have a tommy gun though... What do you guys think, evade or let the bullets fly? :P

Steam
    edited June 2012
    Meanwhile thousands light years away, Mi-Goes arm themselves with the new developed Hunter Ward Armor, to protect themselves from Mi-Go hunters

Oh ho, they will find that their armor will amount to naught.
    Toughness of 4?? Dear god!

I -do- have a tommy gun though... What do you guys think, evade or let the bullets fly? :P

Never to fear my fair dame, Jack is here! I can destroy the Shoggoth with the Blue Watcher, unless you prefer to fight it yourself?

@Cythraul

mi-go hunter on
    Go for it, I'll probably adjust my sliders for more movement, try and read this book then hit the shops.

Steam
    His boss is not impressed by Darrell's lack of tangible evidence after the 'investigation' at the Roadhouse, now Darrell's off of the payroll. Retainer Roll (1d6.hits(2)=0)

Ah the shop is on the north end! I might just go grab that clue token at the unnameable then.

Steam
    edited June 2012
    Skill Sliders:
    SPEED/SNEAK: 4/0
    FIGHT/WILL: 3/3 (changed)

Move to Merchant District and engage the Shoggoth!

Horror check: [1,2] = (0)

Clue token activate! [1] = (0)

Come on... second clue activate! [6] = (1)

Pass! I take 1 Sanity damage from Nightmarish.
    Now, I will lose 2 Stamina to automatically pass the Combat check, and defeat the Shoggoth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgncJgSbbck

You have nothing to fear, when Monterey is here!

mi-go hunter on