As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 6-13-12: I was a bit rambunctious.

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Graphic Violence
Batman & Robin #10, buy buy buy. The bat-boys deal with Damian, and it has one of the best panel reactions yet. Plus pretty pretty Gleason fighting art:

batmanandrobin2-10a.jpg

batmanandrobin2-10b.jpg

Damian then lets Tim know that he knows about his actions with the Teen Titans and nearly killing someone, fighting ensues:

batmanandrobin2-10c.jpg

batmanandrobin2-10d.jpg

that last page, I want to buy the original art.

Batman #10, a big reveal is done, probably the second biggest change you could do to Bruce's origin:

batman2-10a.jpg

batman2-10b.jpg

batman2-10c.jpg

.....owl to bat!

TexiKen on

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote:
    Batman #10, a big reveal is done, probably the second biggest change you could do to Bruce's origin:

batman2-10a.jpg

batman2-10b.jpg

batman2-10c.jpg

.....owl to bat!
    I love that 'you were supposed to'. Somewhere, Bob Haney is smiling.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Even if I don't know yet if I enjoy the reveal for Batman #10, Snyder wrote the hell out of it.

Amazing Spider-Man #687 is a pretty action filled ending to the Ends of the Earth, with the obligatory (but still awesome) homage to ASM 33
    DvG2G.jpg
    z8ntK.jpg

Spider-Men #1 is your basic Bendis #1 issue, would have liked a little more Miles in the issue. Also kinda weird to read after ASM.
    hOi7a.jpg
    z5ivf.jpg

Green Lantern #10, Hal seems to rubbing off on Sinestro.
    Vcd2g.jpg
    1npOE.jpg
    Guess who/what is back...
    2HxLZ.jpg

Ultimate Comics X-Men #13, is a great issue, that sets the mission statement for the book. But Wood broke up Bobby and Johnny :(:(:(
    7c2MX.jpg
    WqnMd.jpg
    mwUrc.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I should probably start reading Ultimate X-Men

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I should probably start reading Ultimate X-Men
    13 is a great jumping on point!

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I bought this for a dollar next to the register because I like to judge books by their covers, and it's the best thing I read this week:
    Extermination_1.jpg

Hensler on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Extermination was pretty good.

Higher Earth was another good $1 Boom book from a few weeks back.

Holy shit, what a crazy week for Batman and Family.

And I'm eagerly awaiting catching up on the Ultimate books (I have all of Ultimate Ultimates, and issues 1+2 and then all the ones with digital codes for X-Men and Spider-Man; I think with the new writers, the crossover, and Spider-Men, it's time to catch up on what I've got, and revisit the missing issues later).

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Extermination was pretty good.

Higher Earth was another good $1 Boom book from a few weeks back.

I picked up Hypernaturals, but missed Higher Earth somehow. I'll have to check and see if my LCS has any left - it sounds good.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    I also read The Massive.

It was very good, although I haven't read Wood's other stuff. My guess is that it's probably in the same vein as DMZ.

Working at a shop has been terrible for me. I get exposed to all these awesome books that eventually are whittled down to pull-only. I've added a ton of indie titles to my pull when I used to read none. I really want to add Extermination, but I can't even afford to. Plus there are a few more coming in the near future that I'm really looking forward to (Punk Rock Jesus, Hyper-naturals, Wiebe's next book, and possibly one or two more that I'm forgetting).

• Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    Uncanny X-Force has an Arrested Development reference, that made me chuckle.

My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Posted this for Solar and realized it was in bitching thread, so thought it deserved a Motw showing as well, cause I was stoked to see this on the last page of Avengers Assemble this week.
    AssembleGuardians.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    EDIT: N/M

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    sexy... i miss old star lord costume though

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    sexy... i miss old star lord costume though
    Yeah, that helmet was pretty awesome.

I don't know if thats an old costume or what but it's pretty lame.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's his original costume.

Is that Peter Quill? I don't think he was blond.

I guess there could always be a new one.
    But the real 'Wha..?' is Drax. How is he back? I guess if he's meant to always exist as long as Thanos does...

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    ok my bad, I miss the annihilation through GoG costume.

wait, crap that means I need to quit getting sidetracked and actually finish the last cosmic run. On war of kings right now.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    ASM, Avengers and Avengers Assemble were all good this week

Pichelli is really rocking Spider-Men

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    My MOTW, I finally finished putting away months of comics and I'm all read up. Venom, ASM, Ultimates and UCSM, Batman, B&R, AVX, Avengers (New, Secret and Vanilla) ugh feels so good to have everything not cluttering my desk and to know what is going on. I blame being away the entire month of April.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    It's always nice to catch up with good series and feel like you know what is going down

makes you excited to see what comes next!