As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[True Blood]...what is going on?

• LucidLucid Registered User regular
    Sam turned into a bunny last season

I don't know what you people are complaining about

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    if even bill who is puny vampire mark one can kill a bunch of werewolves i feel sorry for them :(

obF2Wuw.png
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Ohh! Ohh! Maybe Sam could shift into a Honey Badger.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

Not just any honey badger, but THE Honey Badger.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    i dont understand why werewolves are threatening

a man with a gun is much more dangerous than a wolf, even a large clever wolf

their shifting seems to afford them nothing

Well, to an extent, but the time it takes for someone to draw their gun, aim, unsafety and fire someone with a knife can close something like 9 feet. Wolves are even harder to shoot than a guy with a knife.

Lots of wolves are an even bigger issue.

If the question is why they don'tstayhuman and use guns instead...

I dunno... Dogs don't like loud noises?

• ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I never got why Sam just doesn't visit a fucking zoo. Bam, Siberian Tiger mode activate.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Dear God let us not go down the road of Sam and the Zoo again. Every season someone brings it up, bitches about Sam's shitty shifting choices, and its 10 pages of what he should have changed into.

Five seasons in ladies and gents. By this point, it's time to accept thats just the way Sam is. If the show gets a bigger budget and they decide to change that; huzzah. But his character is pretty well established as "not that shifter".

I now want Jessica and Eric's sister to meet, intimately. And then have them be ever so briefly interrupted by new werewolf hottie. Whom, since this is True Blood on HBO, decides to join in.

You really think it's just because of the budget? With all the special effects in this show, you really don't think they could have thrown Barnum & Bailey a few bucks to borrow an elephant for the day? I mean, I'm not asking for Silver Back Sam to go rampaging around Bon Temps every time someone short-tips a waitress. But just once, just once, it'd be nice to see him do something in the face of danger that's even mildly interesting given his ability that lends itself to so much creativity.

Its either the budget, or they just flat out don't want Sam to be the uber-shifter who can save the day almost everytime.

It frustrated the hell out of me for the first couple of seasons, but I've accepted the fact Sam will not shift into what I would. Though I don't think he can shift into a T-Rex since they're all dead. But by God I would meditate on it daily in hopes I could.

That or just wreck havoc as Stanley the honey badger.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Sam's big shift this season will be Felix the Armadillo.

And I will love it.

Chekhov's Armadillo, waiting to go off.

Apothe0sis on
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular

Not just any honey badger, but THE Honey Badger.

So, wolverines from North America, which puts Sam closer, are not an option but something very similar from Africa to Asia is? o.O

*looks at know your meme* Ooooh, nevermind, carry on.

steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    New episode tonight. Giggity.

edited June 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1S0HY0iNq8

edit - Whoops, meant to edit this into my last post. Oh well.

KoopahTroopah on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    That was a really good episode.

I LOVE the
    Lilith / God mythos, and the council. And seeing some Spartacus love on the council was just icing on the cake. I had no idea he was cast for this show.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    syndalis wrote: »

I LOVE the
    Lilith / God mythos, and the council. And seeing some Spartacus love on the council was just icing on the cake. I had no idea he was cast for this show.

Tonight's episode was pretty sweet. Lots of background info. Loving the bromance buddy-cop drama between Eric and Bill though.
    The interrogation scenes were pretty good, I liked their similar but characterized replies to the questions. Not sure where they're going with the Tara plot, is she still Tara and just confused or is she retarded or what? Still not very interested in the Terry story line, and how the fuck did Steve Newlin know that Bill isn't the King anymore? Also no Caine mentioned in the religion of vampires? Kind of weird to include Lilith but not him.

There are other questions but those bothered me the most.

Favorite line of the episode.
    "...Get the fuck out of my house."
    "No problem, psycho."

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I don't mind the Tara plot. It at least gives some justification for her angst beyond "Eggs! Franklin! Life!"

That said, I would take ANY of the Tara bullshit to the Terry/Wolves garbage. Do. Not. Care. Give them their own damn show or webisodes or something. The lil wolf was just. . .oh man - so dumb.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    They could have handled lil' wolf sooo much better than they did.

That was the weakest part of an otherwise great episode.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Much better than the first episode. Not caring so much for the werewolf plots. The vampire storylines (besides Tara) are keeping it going so far, though.

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular

I LOVE the

Tonight's episode was pretty sweet. Lots of background info. Loving the bromance buddy-cop drama between Eric and Bill though.
    The interrogation scenes were pretty good, I liked their similar but characterized replies to the questions. Not sure where they're going with the Tara plot, is she still Tara and just confused or is she retarded or what? Still not very interested in the Terry story line, and how the fuck did Steve Newlin know that Bill isn't the King anymore? Also no Caine mentioned in the religion of vampires? Kind of weird to include Lilith but not him.

Maybe they don't want to get sued by White Wolf.

Also, Cain is the son of Adam so he doesn't really fit their mythology.

edited June 2012

I LOVE the

Yeah I just couldn't not think of Caine when they were talking about the vampire bible. I guess it works just as good this way.

The best part about the werewolf storyline is Alcide. I'm really glad he's sticking to his "Fuck this shit" attitude and not being swayed by retarded wolf clan member A and B. I'd agree that it's kinda dumb. I'm not very interested in it either. I just want Sam and Luna to go about living their shifter lives...

...as lions, or someth--GOD DAMNIT SHIFT INTO SOMETHING AWESOME ALREADY!

Also (Authority spoilers...ish)
    I get we're supposed to understand that everyone and anyone can be on the authority, but let's do a quick head count here. We got rich looking powerful white dude, old domestic looking white woman, black bad ass from Spartacus, slick smooth (french?) interrogation guy, Eric's hot sweedish "sister", that other chick who questioned Eric, and then this random 8 year old kid. I don't even want to know what that kid did to be at this kind of power, I just hope he's a bad ass and not the whiny brat we saw of him.

KoopahTroopah on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    where are the asian and indian vampires yo

obF2Wuw.png
    where are the asian and indian vampires yo

Also, this very much. I miss Tara's girlfriend. Let Tara go turn her into a vampire and they can continue their relationship as vampire cage fighters.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

I LOVE the

Yeah I just couldn't not think of Caine when they were talking about the vampire bible. I guess it works just as good this way.

The best part about the werewolf storyline is Alcide. I'm really glad he's sticking to his "Fuck this shit" attitude and not being swayed by retarded wolf clan member A and B. I'd agree that it's kinda dumb. I'm not very interested in it either. I just want Sam and Luna to go about living their shifter lives...

I get we're supposed to understand that everyone and anyone can be on the authority, but let's do a quick head count here. We got rich looking powerful white dude, old domestic looking white woman, black bad ass from Spartacus, slick smooth (french?) interrogation guy, Eric's hot sweedish "sister", that other chick who questioned Eric, and then this random 8 year old kid. I don't even want to know what that kid did to be at this kind of power, I just hope he's a bad ass and not the whiny brat we saw of him.

Well,
    The 8-year old kid is probably actually 900 years old or whatever. How child vampires in White Wolf's World of Darkness do it is by getting human adults hooked on their blood and wielding power through them. Imagine if Little Orphan Annie had blood that was as addictive as crack and gave people a supernatural high. Daddy Warbucks wouldn't stand a chance; she'd be controlling his empire in weeks.

I realized last night that True Blood is a better show about the WoD than the actual WoD show, Kindred the Embraced.

Of course, that isn't hard, that show sucked.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    If that kid turns out to be a thousand years old, it'll be pretty badass.

But how much more badass would it be if it turns out he really is only 8.

RT800 on
    edited June 2012

Lo and behold. Kid's background from the wiki, probably from the books or interviews with the kid
    Alexander Drew is an angelic looking, yet impetuous vampire. He was turned at the tender age of 9, and serves the Vampire Authority as a Chancellor. He enjoys smoking cigarettes and taunting everyone around him, including his fellow Chancellors. Alexander Drew is the oldest member of the Authority Council, as described in several interviews with the actor portraying him, Jacob Hopkins.

KoopahTroopah on

Lo and behold. Kid's background from the wiki, probably from the books or interviews with the kid
    Alexander Drew is an angelic looking, yet impetuous vampire. He was turned at the tender age of 9, and serves the Vampire Authority as a Chancellor. He enjoys smoking cigarettes and taunting everyone around him, including his fellow Chancellors. Alexander Drew is the oldest member of the Authority Council, as described in several interviews with the actor portraying him, Jacob Hopkins.

We need a meme where that kid is riding a big wheel trike wearing sunglasses and a cop outfit.

Dear lord, Jessica negotiating with Fellowship boy was hotter than the sun.

Wife and I got a chuckle figuring out that a vampire would suffer serious burns if it tried to touch our bearded dragons. UVB's calcium aiding powers FTFW.

Have to agree that the were shit is boring, minus Alciede. Why it is they all have to be massive douches and degenerates is beyond me.

At least get the unexpected and far more interesting Bill and Eric buddy cop show. Those two could be the only focus of the whole season and I would love it.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I honestly think bill and eric missed a good opportunity to scapegoat Russell being alive on Nan

"Why didn't you kill him?!"
    "Nan told us he would come in handy, we were ordered not to""

She doesn't seem like she was actually that popular with them

override367 on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    The best part about the werewolf storyline is Alcide.

Basically. I actually did enjoy the werewolf stuff originally, with the biker bar and all, but when it goes from bikers to this more inbred redneck type culture, it gets a lot less cool.
    Maybe with Russell being back, we'll have more badass werewolves-vs-vampires-through-history stuff. (Not sure if I need to spoil tag this? Seems common knowledge Russell is back this season and all, but the OP here is vague on what needs to be spoiler'd.)

Also omg Pam/Eric backstory scenes. Why is no one mentioning this. "If I meet a lady, I'll let her know." So great.

• CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular

I LOVE the

Well,
    The 8-year old kid is probably actually 900 years old or whatever. How child vampires in White Wolf's World of Darkness do it is by getting human adults hooked on their blood and wielding power through them. Imagine if Little Orphan Annie had blood that was as addictive as crack and gave people a supernatural high. Daddy Warbucks wouldn't stand a chance; she'd be controlling his empire in weeks.

I realized last night that True Blood is a better show about the WoD than the actual WoD show, Kindred the Embraced.

Of course, that isn't hard, that show sucked.

I liked that show ... years after it was released and I watched it all together in one go online. And after I had some clue what WoD was since playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. There is just something about commercials that ruins the ever living fuck out of shows for me and I could see if you had watched it when it aired that it sucked balls compared to the P&P stuff.

The Vampire shadow broker politics stuff is holding this show together, without a doubt. I think Jason's stuff is a close second, despite him still being in many ways the same dumb ass who can get laid no matter what which I bet looks to anyone who doesn't care for him like that storyline spins its wheels like crazy and I think they would be right, I still find his scenes interesting. Interesting wheel spinning, whodathunkit.

I think Terry, Sam, and Sookie all fall under the "God damn it, be more bad ass already!" banner. I am finding I want this show to full on embrace the action hero / anti-hero movie stuff. Relationships and stuff are good, setting is also good, but I feel like we have full on established all of that and its time for some brutal, balls to the wall, main characters gonna die action and drama. Blow it up real good. Then cry about the fall out - I was really disappointed Tara was vamped, I can only hope she just goes nuts and newborn vampire slaughters like a KKK rally and teams up with Russel Edgington who is impressed with her style ... and vamp her girlfriend too.

steam_sig.png
    riz wrote: »
    The best part about the werewolf storyline is Alcide.

Basically. I actually did enjoy the werewolf stuff originally, with the biker bar and all, but when it goes from bikers to this more inbred redneck type culture, it gets a lot less cool.
    Maybe with Russell being back, we'll have more badass werewolves-vs-vampires-through-history stuff. (Not sure if I need to spoil tag this? Seems common knowledge Russell is back this season and all, but the OP here is vague on what needs to be spoiler'd.)

Also omg Pam/Eric backstory scenes. Why is no one mentioning this. "If I meet a lady, I'll let her know." So great.

Pam backstory:
    I really liked the period costume stuff. Pam was even interesting as a mortal.

Perhaps we should use the spoiler system where the thread is unspoiled until the current season, which is spoilered. Or it could be like the GoT thread, where book stuff is spoilered and show stuff that has already aired (except for teasers) is not.

I cast my vote for the GoT (TV Only) thread spoiler rule set.

To be fair, mentioning the books in here at all is largely pointless, as the only things that even vaguely resemble the books at this point are character names and roughly how they started out on the show.

The books and the show are are running on their own tracks completely at this point, from what I understand.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    I think if book knowledge is being used to inform any hypothesis about future show events/characters, spoilers are warranted, even if it'll turn out to be completely dissimilar. But as far as "can we talk about last season/last episode/most recently aired episode" outside of spoiler tags, is something that could use clarification.

• silverbuddysilverbuddy Registered User regular
    I think Terry, Sam, and Sookie all fall under the "God damn it, be more bad ass already!"
    Lol Sookie straight up killing someone with a shotty wasn't enough for you last season?
    Also I find myself LOVING what they are doing with Tara last season, and her one line last night summed up exactly how boneheaded a idea it was to vamp her in the first place, me and the wife have been still talking about that scene all day. I mean she tried to legitimately kill them both. That's good rage for once.

edited June 2012
    riz wrote: »
    I think if book knowledge is being used to inform any hypothesis about future show events/characters, spoilers are warranted, even if it'll turn out to be completely dissimilar. But as far as "can we talk about last season/last episode/most recently aired episode" outside of spoiler tags, is something that could use clarification.

I personally don't care either way, I just know others get really angry about their 'thpoilers. I always thought it along these lines:

1) You can talk about anything from the past seasons outside of spoiler tags. It's been a full year or so since the last season, if you were really interested in the show you would have watched it by now. Why would you read past the OP? etc...

2) They still use character backgrounds, names, and relationships from the books as far as I'm concerned. So please spoil all book conversation and knowledge.

3) Anything from this season should be spoiled because of how recent it is.

4) Jessica is hot. NSFW.

KoopahTroopah on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012

4) Jessica is hot.

And with one image you make this thread NSFW. :)

Tube on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    pam gets like 90% of the good lines

obF2Wuw.png
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    pam gets like 90% of the good lines

And this year is supposed to be 50% more Pam!

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I think Terry, Sam, and Sookie all fall under the "God damn it, be more bad ass already!"
    Lol Sookie straight up killing someone with a shotty wasn't enough for you last season?
    Also I find myself LOVING what they are doing with Tara last season, and her one line last night summed up exactly how boneheaded a idea it was to vamp her in the first place, me and the wife have been still talking about that scene all day. I mean she tried to legitimately kill them both. That's good rage for once.

Sookie's level of badassness and everything else:
    Yeah, she killed Debbie. A year ago. Yeah, it was yesterday in the show. Doesn't hold up well in reality at this point as a badass moment of Sookie, especially since now she's whining about it. And then she SAVES Tara! Fuck Sookie! Which leads me to:

For crying out loud, why the hell is every character in fiction lately all "A vampire?! Noooo!". Stake that stupid bitch Tara. She should be jumping for joy, not never forgiving people. But it's Tara. She can't do anything not annoying, so just set her on fire already.

Hoyt can do it. Hoyt is awesome. He can tell Tara to Fuck Off!

Jessica seems to be slipping into vampire things instead of partying/relationship crap, so yay for that. She should kill Steve to keep her focused on saving her 'dad', but that doesn't seem likely, sadly.

Xeddicus wrote: »

Sookie's level of badassness and everything else:
    Yeah, she killed Debbie. A year ago. Yeah, it was yesterday in the show. Doesn't hold up well in reality at this point as a badass moment of Sookie, especially since now she's whining about it. And then she SAVES Tara! Fuck Sookie! Which leads me to:

For crying out loud, why the hell is every character in fiction lately all "A vampire?! Noooo!". Stake that stupid bitch Tara. She should be jumping for joy, not never forgiving people. But it's Tara. She can't do anything not annoying, so just set her on fire already.

Hoyt can do it. Hoyt is awesome. He can tell Tara to Fuck Off!

Jessica seems to be slipping into vampire things instead of partying/relationship crap, so yay for that. She should kill Steve to keep her focused on saving her 'dad', but that doesn't seem likely, sadly.

Well.
    Some people don't want to become a soulless monster. I think Tara is legitimately justified in being pissed at Sookie and Lafayette.

Look at, I don't know, every vampire on the show. They're all flat-out murderers. Even Bill has done premeditated homicide, and he's the good one.

The only good vampire in the show so far was Eddie... and we all know how that turned out. I do wonder sometimes if his "goodness" was more along the lines of just not having the power to be evil, since nobody taught him anything about being a vampire.

Regarding Jessica,
    she still doesn't know that Bill is in trouble. Bill left her that nice voicemail saying that he was going to be out of time. That Steve DID know that Bill is in trouble is interesting. I don't think we know who his maker is yet.

• silverbuddysilverbuddy Registered User regular
    I swear people want this series to be a comic book.

The truth about the shotgun moment is that it really illustrates the change happening to the main character and in general to the citizens of Bon Temps. 3 years ago Sookie wouldn't have fired a shotgun in retaliation at all, so her whining about it I think is her trying to cope with the changes that are happening inside her.

Tara was raped by a vampire, so I think she has a right to say, " A Vampire?! Nooooo!" , not that she has so far. Actually her response to the sudden change I think has been pretty reasonable, given how truly horrible and decadent True Blood vampires have been throughout the series.