As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phalla: Experimental Open Book Test Phalla. [Mini]

warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are?Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Critical Failures
Experimental Open book Phalla Test.

Standard Phalla rules apply. Vote closes at 10PM CST.
No sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots and direct quotation, no anonymous communication, no communication with the dead without host consent.
20 Player mini.

Experiment: To see if a player base which is informed of all game mechanics before the game begins fairs better or worse than in games where there is unknown gameplay mechanics.

The following documentation is available to all. There are not hidden mechanics in this game. Only hidden alignments. A word of caution this game has conversion mechanics outlined below.

Roles:
Villager PM:
You are a Test Subject. Remove the Robotic presence. Each day you may attempt to control a Gel colour and direct it towards another player or yourself.

Robot PM:
You are a member of the robot faction. Outnumber or kill all the Test Subjects. Each day you may attempt to control a Gel colour and direct it towards another player or yourself.

Player Numbers:
[Test Subject] x 15
[Robot Mafia] x 5
* Randomized Roles.

The Gel System.
All effects in this game are governed by Gels which can be directed at other players. Each player may play once action each night and from all those actions towards each gel type only one player will get their desired effect from that round of actions.

Players will not be informed directly what the gel did unless the target dies or the gel returned some sort of information to the player who used the gel. Players will be informed if they got hit by a gel via pm and the state it put them in (Stated below some of the effects)

Voting:
Each day players are required to lynch vote for someone in Red. The person who is lynched will gain the effect of Lynch Red Below for the next round before dying at the beginning of the next round.

Static Gels
The following gel effects are certain and will not be randomized.

BLACK Gel Target dies.
Robot only. One member of the robot faction must use their action. This in not a group action. State: Dead

WHITE Gel dominance is increased to 100% for the next round of play.
Village only. You have a 100% chance for your action to play out instead of others. lasts one round. State: Promoted

LYNCH RED Gel Public Vote Gel. Democratically Counted.
Targeted player gains a one-use ability of picking another Gel and another player causing a mimic of the expected effect towards the player. The player effected by Lynch RED then dies at the end of that round. Cannot pick LYNCH RED with the Mimic ability. The real WHITE overrides the mimicked WHITE gel effect. If the target is the last robot or S/K the game will simply end with village victory. State: Glowing

Randomised Gels
The Following Gels have randomised effects which are unknown.

RED
GREEN
BLUE
YELLOW
PINK
ORANGE
PURPLE
GREY
CROME
SLIVER
GOLD

* Randomized effects.

Randomised effects:

The following effects are tied randomly to each of the gels but do not change as the game progresses. A [x 2] means there are two different gels with the same effect.

Effect: Target dies. [x 2]

Effect: Targeted player alignment/state is reveal to the person who controlled the Gel for that round. [x 2]

Effect: Target is protected from all effects for the current round. [x 2]

Effect: All actions that target the player who succeeded at controlling Gel are redirected at the targeted player until another person uses the same gel on another player.

Effect: Targeted player Gel dominance is decreased to 0% until another person is targeted instead by the same gel. State: Bound

Effect: Targeted player is protected from all alignment chancing Gel effects for the rest of the game. State: Wise

Effect: Targeted player alignment becomes neutral for the remainder of the game. (No effect on S/K faction members) State: Soulless

Effect: Targeted player alignment is changed to a member of an S/K faction and gains access to a shared attack with all other S/K each night. This is a free action not a gel action. (Conversion cannot effect robots But can affect all Soulless Test Subjects and Soulless Robots.) S/K players cannot control this gel effect themselves once converted to the S/K faction. State: Crazy

How player actions work:
Each night each player may send a pm with their action: Example: Green PlayerName. One action from that gel colour will be randomly selected and played all the rest will be ignored. Each colour will play one effect. Players playing the same colour and target will increase the odds of that choice being selected. Mafia has the same ability that the village does. The only difference is that the Black Gel is off limits to the village and the White Gel is off limits to the Mafia.

Signups:

5. Lucedes
8. Assuran
10. Mr. Mojo Risin
12. Sir Fabulous

14. 38thDoe
16. Figgy
17. The Dagon
20. Greenbarons

Day 3 Deaths:
SLyMΒ - Test Subject - Exploded.
The Anonymous - Test Subject - Gelled to death.
Void SlayerΒ  - Test Subject - Wise - Gelled to death then cut up by a CRAZY person.
Anialos - Robot - Gelled To death.

Day 2 Deaths:

Bedlam - Test Subject - Gelled to death.
Segatai - Test Subject - Gelled to death.
Kime - Test Subject - Exploded.
ObiFett - Test Subject - Soulless - Murdered by a crazy person.

Day 1 Deaths:

Baidol - Test Subject - gelled to death.
MRTLicious - Test Subject - gelled to death.
CapfalconΒ  - Test Subject - gelled to death.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
warban on
Β«13456710

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    I have all the answers in the book. What do you mean I have to study?

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Science

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Colours

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I guess I'll be the first to say it.

The cake is a lie

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    But the cake is real.
    It's just not for you.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    !but you've stolen the source of my powerrrrrrr

actually wait, design analysis is my power. you can't steal that.

also, i am predicting a village victory.

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    4-5 deaths per day? Neat. This will not last long.

I predict vocal villagers will die quickly.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    For SCIENCE!!!

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Should be a short game. Yes. I was thinking of calling it aperture science. But I'm lazy and didn't want to buy the cake.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    !sign for death great science!

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular

steam_sig.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Players converting other players to a Serial Killer cult faction is going to be a hell of a thing.

edited June 2012
    What happens if two promoted people try to use the same gel?

Edit: Nevermind this can never happen.

MrTLicious on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I will indeed sign up for this.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    color me intrigued

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Gogo day 1 streak!

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

so everyone is calling their gels every day.
    everyone. or they get the votes.

also, 5 mafia?! against 15 villagers?

i guess the mechanics are in the open, and every villager is a special, but every mafia is a special too...

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Damn, I hate that I don't have a steady internet source right now... I would love to play this. :'(

Lucedes wrote: Β»
    so everyone is calling their gels every day.
    everyone. or they get the votes.

i guess the mechanics are in the open, and every villager is a special, but every mafia is a special too...

15 villagers + 2 conversion mechanics that work on villagers + game span of 4 days = ???.

3. Profit

I don't think I did that right...

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Sigh Nup

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Up!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 Β· SteamID : Figment
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Bad command or file name.

XBL : Figment3 Β· SteamID : Figment
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    !Back from the dead

Been wanting to get back into Phalla, and I missed out on Xanth. Can't wait to make everyone hate me again!

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Seems interesting!

PSN SeGaTai
    edited June 2012
    Two slots less. I'll be busy tomorrow morning and wont be back for another 12-14 hours after this post. Roles will go out after this time if the game is filled before then.
    Lucedes wrote: Β»

You know I felt 4 Mafia was too difficulty for Mafia and 5 was maybe a bit much. But with the size it's not going to last very long so I rolled with 5. I could drop it back to 4 and run with that but there are a two possible seers every day and guards which the Mafia really have no way to really eliminate completely. It's an experiment to see how an open game plays out for something like this.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I must keep my streak alive so FLAME ON

I am streaking in honor of TRVs streak.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: Β»
    I am streaking in honor of TRVs streak.

I wouldn't have it any other way. 8->

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    This seems like it should be fun so I would like to Sign Up!

Almost showtime.

Well I thought this would start before the D&D main so heres my offer:

If anyone wants to sign up I will move to reserves. If no one else does I'll play normally.

I have only just gotten back to my PC. Sorry about the delay in starting. Roles will go out very soon.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited June 2012
    Day 1 has begun.

Vote in LYNCH RED to vote out one player each day. Remember that the death from this gel is not instant. Each play may also attempt to control a gel by sending the required pm.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    Baidol

Baidol

Double post is what I get for being a smart ass :D

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    The Dagon for being one very important letter away from something awesome.

Bedlam.