As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp [Phalla] Lake - Mini - Day 6: Sunkmanitu Tanka's Last Stand (Village Victory!)

SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info BrokerRegistered User regular
edited June 2012 in Critical Failures
Welcome to Camp Phalla Lake!

The builders of Camp Phalla Lake really just wanted somewhere nice for parents to send their kids for the summer. When they found the perfect spot on a lake in the woods, they were ecstatic. Sure, the local Native American tribe had raised some ruckus about their “ancient cemetery,” but it was really just a bunch of dirt mounds. With a backhoe and a flatbed, the whole thing could be moved over to the reservation. When the tribal elders warned that Sunkmanitu Tanka, the ancient protector of the cemetery would take revenge, the counselors were even happier. Now they had their very own ghost story to scare the kids with.

As the campers finally arrived, everything seemed to be going as planned. The cabins had been built, the lake had a swimming area and the dining hall was stocked and ready.

The one thing they weren't prepared for was Sunkmanitu Tanka. If only they had paid attention to the elders' warnings...
dIedK.jpg

Camp Phalla Lake is a phalla game for 28 players.

Game Overview

Genre: Village v Mafia with a heavy dose of interactivity and choice for all. The game was created so that everyone would have something to do and could play a very important part in their side's eventual victory or defeat. At its heart it is still a Phalla game, Penny Arcade Forum's version of the party game Mafia. If this is your first game, it will be informative to visit the linked topic for some background information.

In this game, the majority of players are campers trying to find and stop the Skinchangers before they are all killed.

Special Mechanics

Cabins and Guarding: Each night, choose a team of up to 4 players. You will all share a cabin tonight. Choose 1 or more of those players to stand on guard. The effective force of those guards will be totaled and applied to all the team members. In order to kill a member of your team, the skinchagers must attack with greater effective force than the guards.

Guarding is very tiring. For most players, once you stand guard, you may not do so again until 2 days have passed.

For example: Peccavi guards his group on night one. He would not be eligible to guard again until night four.

Being in a part of a cabin also carries risks. Each night, any player who is guarding may choose to vig one of the players under his guard. If there are multiple guards, all of them must agree on a player to vig.

Due to these mechanics, kills by the skinchangers and guards will not be distinguished from one another in the narration.

Each night you are not in a team with at least one other player, you have a 25% chance to die from exposure.

Voting

Due to the skinchangers, every night the campers will gather and turn on one of their own. Vote for the player who you find most suspicious in bold red. You may retract a vote by posting "!retract vote for <player name>" or similar phrase in bold limegreen or change your vote by making another one in bold red. Do not, under any circumstance, edit a post that has a vote. If an edit is necessary, make a new post instead. The player who receives the most votes will be mobbed and eliminated from the game. Should there be a tie in the vote, then all players involved in the tie will be eliminated, as well as the player that instigated the tie, whether that be due to a vote being placed or a vote being removed. If the vote winner is eliminated before the vote is resolved, there will be no "trickle down".

Voting will close each day at 12AM (Midnight) EST; any votes before the hour (x:59) will count, any votes on the hour and later (x:00) will not.

Orders

All orders must be submitted before vote close.

You should send me an individual (not group) PM with the following information:

Team: Please list each team member
Guard: Let me know whether you are guarding tonight
Special Ability: Your guard vig target or any other special ability you may have

For the team and guard, you may direct me to a proboard order thread. If you do so, please include the link in your orders.

Signing Up

The game is designed to be played by 28 players.

Clarifications

Any questions about the general game rules may be made by highlighting the question in bold darkorange text. Answers will be posted in the thread and collected in the below section. Player-specific inquiries that are not addressed in the general rules may be asked via PM to the host.

Other Rules

Standard Phalla rules apply: no sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots or direct quotation. However, information may be shared indirectly, such as through rephrasing. You may not add new players to preexisting private conversations after the first message - start a new conversation instead. No anonymous contact is allowed. All messages must be traceable to a player in the game. Once you are eliminated, you may not make any more game conversation with players remaining in the game.

If any players create proboards for private communication or interesting conversations including more than two players, please send links for them to the host and add him as an admin.

Please include the host on all game PM's.

Also, a big thanks to Edcrab and Lonelyahava for their advice and suggestions in the development of this phalla! Also, thanks to ObiFett for a lot of the pieces of this OP.

SaberOverEasy on

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Player List

2. TheRoadVirus MrTLicious
    5. Baidol
    8. Capfalcon
    9. Sir Fabulous
    11. I needed a name to post
    16. Slym
    18. REG Rysk
    21. Mr. Mojo Risin
    23. Smoove Operator
    27. GrimmyTOA
    28. Retaba

Reserves

1. MrTLicious

The Dead

Day 2

4. Bedlam
    7. ObiFett
    13. Alegis
    19. The Dagon
    25. Warban

Day 3

1. Stever777
    3. Langly
    10. Anialos
    22. Greenbarons

Day 4

6. Assuran
    14. Egos
    15. The Anonymous
    20. Kime
    24. Kelzor
    26. Romanqwerty

Day 5

12. Rend
    17. jdarksun

Clarifications

If I have 5 votes and kime has 6 and then someone moves a vote off of kime, both of us and the changer die, if I'm reading that correctly?
    - If that was the final change, yes, all three would die.

How do we indicate to the host who is in a cabin? Public/Private? Do we need to all agree on all members or could you have a scenario where player A invites player B, and player B invites player C without knowledge or consent from player A?

- You should send me an individual (not group) PM with the following information:

Team: Please list each team member
    Guard: Let me know whether you are guarding tonight
    Special Ability: Your guard vig target or any other special ability you may have

Any conflicts are resolved as follows: Guard PM -> Non-guard PM -> RNG

A guard may invite any player into his/her group for the night. They would not need the rest of the group's knowledge to do so.

Are there a limited number of cabins, or is it possible for everyone to break off into couples?

- There are more than enough cabins for everyone. Even you crazy couples.

Thrall, millers, conversions?

No thralls, millers or conversions.

Can you have nobody guard?

Yes. You would be protected from exposure death since you are in a team, but not from skinchangers.

I am wondering if the mafia target a player, who is guarded, and the guard is overwhelmed, does the targeted player die or the guard.

The targeted player would die.

the cabins basically provide an (x) shield for all players in the cabin, where x stands for the number of people guarding. I think that the mafia needs to beat that number in order for their kill to go through. So if they targeted Langly with two attacks, and one person in my cabin is on guard, I would die. If they targeted me with one attack, I would live.

This is mostly correct. The shield is based on effective force, not simply numbers.

Does vigging a player in the night remove the guard effect from the whole cabin?

No, it does not.

Once you are in a cabin, are you locked into that one for the rest of the game?

No, you are not locked into a cabin for the rest of the game.

You may change your group however you wish each day as long as it conforms to the general rules (no more than 4 people, waiting 2 nights between guarding, etc.).

The generic villager PM is spoilered below.

Your parents really wanted you to get away and meet some more friends. Unfortunately, they have the worst luck in picking summer camps. You've armed yourself with tools and weapons from around the camp. You can probably fight off a single skinchanger, but more might prove difficult.

You have an effective strength of 1 for guarding purposes.

Victory Condition – Eliminate all threats to Camp Phalla Lake

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Day 5
    Day 6

SaberOverEasy on
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    me me me!

Erin The Red on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    1) skinchanger is a creepy ass name
    2) if I have 5 votes and kime has 6 and then someone moves a vote off of kime, both of us and the changer die, if I'm reading that correctly?
    3) was that rustling outside the window? I'm gonna go get naked and take a shower

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    2) if I have 5 votes and kime has 6 and then someone moves a vote off of kime, both of us and the changer die, if I'm reading that correctly?

If that was the final change, yes, all three would die. Ties are bad.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Whoa, these are very cool mechanics.

Langly on
    Langly let's be buddies! I made you this friendship bracelet that is totally not snakes.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    signup

I hear creepy old man Bedlam lives by that lake. And he lures campers into his house so that he can make bread out of their bones D:

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I have never been to summer camp

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Bedlam wrote: »
    signup

I hear creepy old man Bedlam lives by that lake. And he lures campers into his house so that he can make bread out of their bones D:

You can hear him making his way through the woods with his hook leg and peg hand. Shiiiink shiiink kathump. Shiiiink shiiink kathump

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Oh man, I just signed up for the huge game in DnD and signed up to be part of Warban's game.

OTOH, There are grudges to be satisfied.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    This sounds like some really cool mechanics.

Also, excited for Saber's first phalla!

Don't leave me out in the cold

Baidol, for now and forever

Or, at least until I am satisfied.

Voting people out for playing well is so passé.

Baidol

for doing that "e" thing I have no idea how to do on a keyboard, which means he is part of the informed and therefore mafia.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Phalla time?
    Phalla time.

I'm sure Saber's Phirst Phalla will be better put together than mine. :P

I typed "passe" into Google and copied/pasted from the results.

Now you can grudge me for being more clever than you.

Who said this had anything to do with playing well? I'm mad I didn't see through your lie when you said you had no power as a named magician from Void's word.

Also, I'm petty.

edited June 2012
    Baidol wrote: »
    I typed "passe" into Google and copied/pasted from the results.

Now you can grudge me for being more smug than you.

sure! :P

ObiFett on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I remember when my summer camp had to be closed down because of skinchangers.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Signup! Assuran?

edited June 2012
    You can look it up in charecter map too. But I guess the Google™ way is a bit faster.

Bedlam on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hi

liEt3nH.png
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Voting people out for playing well is so passé.

Well, now we can all just quote Baidol's post.
    passé

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    Alt+1666 on keypad is é

Alt+1666 on keypad is é

I don't see a "1666" key...

Someone doesn't have a keypad
    -snob laugh-

You hold alt down type the numbers (on the numbpad, I dont think it works otherwise) and then release alt.

Come on grandpa, this is like chatting 101 :P

Also with that combination of numbers you get an e with an accent but you also summon the beast.

It is not really worth it, that guy is a huge jerk.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you google pokemon and then copy/paste

liEt3nH.png
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    you google pokemon and then copy/paste

Man, I thought I was the only one who did that. :P

• RendRend Registered User regular
    My cousin has this cabin in the woods, anyone wanna go?

Rend wrote: »
    My cousin has this cabin in the woods, anyone wanna go?

<3

I loved that movie so much.

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular

Where did my lime go

Liiiiiiime

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    jason-spear.jpg

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I never liked camping

Totally doesn't count as camping if it's in a cabin

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    color=limegreenb/b/color

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)