As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phalla: Experimental Open Book Test Phalla. [Mini]

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    wait wait actually Void Slayer, false alarm.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Bedlam for terrifying me with his short avatar change.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    What happens if two promoted people try and use the same gel?

Will we be informed if we were the person selected to use a gel?

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Something I missed.

The real white overrides the mimicked white. Honestly I think I should made WHITE and BLACK off limits for the mimic effect but I'm not going to change it now.

You will be informed that you took control of a Gel for that color as long you live to talk about it. You will have to ask the person who was effected from the gel If it did anything. Only effects with a State change will be informed if they got targeted by a gel.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    wait wait actually Void Slayer, false alarm.

Well I know someone getting targeted by SILVER gel tonight.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    so everyone is calling their gels every day.
    everyone. or they get the votes.

also, 5 mafia?! against 15 villagers?

i guess the mechanics are in the open, and every villager is a special, but every mafia is a special too...

Not sure everyone will go along with telling their actions. Does seem like an easy way to catch mafia though...almost TOO easy? I'd like to find out what the PINK gel does if someone is up for volunteering!

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    BEDLAAAAAAMMMMMM

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    Kime for old time's sake.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Bedlam, because when be took over my RAVEN in the AC phalla, he left a smell. Seriously. Every time I adjust myself in the seat, it wafts out.

Not cool, man.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    So, guys, I don't like robits. We should remove them, as they are a threat. Skynet, etc.
    In the interest of fairness, if anyone is a robot, please step forward. If nobody steps forward, we will have to try and stick magnets to everyone to see what happens. Thank you for your cooperation

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Who wants to softnetwork?

I wanna see if we can move some things around together.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I ALWAYS want to soft network. It has only ended horribly for me like... half the time? 2/3? Gotta improve those odds!

OK guys, here's my plan. Need some people to vote for me to eat/drink/bounce the chrome gel. I don't know what it will do, but If enough people do it, we can ensure that we know who gets it. I will then let you know if it killed me or not, and can let you guys know whatever else it does. Anyone game for this plan? I figure if it backfires and I die, then nobody had to die to test the plan out.

I think that's the most reasonable course of action under these conditions. I had a similar idea, except I'm gonna try to eat the green gel tonight, and see what happens.

I'll action you some green if you send me some chrome?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    The Dagon wrote: »
    Kime for old time's sake.

The Dagon for the sheer pleasure of fulfilling vengeance.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile

Sounds like a deal to me.

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think I will vote for Kime as I hear he is quite evil.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I think I will vote for Kime as I hear he is quite evil.

Me? Evil? I'm hurt!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Well I know someone getting targeted by SILVER gel tonight.

prepare to drink the dark green gel~

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    If someone is killed, are they taken out of consideration for gel assignment, or is assignment done strictly before execution?

and by that, i mean i guess the dagon already is eating it, so we'll go with purple instead

We have at most 4 days to catch 5 mafia. No strategy can be off the table. Everyone really does need to say what they are doing publicly as it helps the village much more than the mafia. I'm working on some ideal power partitions.

Also, if we hit a mafia with the neutral gel, we should be able to end the game the next day, so it's definitely in that neutral's interest to reveal their team. Privately to someone they know isn't mafia if they are afraid of retribution.

MrTLicious wrote: »
    Also, if we hit a mafia with the neutral gel, we should be able to end the game the next day, so it's definitely in that neutral's interest to reveal their team. Privately to someone they know isn't mafia if they are afraid of retribution.

Care to explain the reasoning behind that one? I'm still a bit fuzzy on parts of this

Neutral's goal becomes survive. If they can out their team and have the game end that day, they are much more likely to survive.

The Dagon wrote: »

Sounds like a deal to me.

Order is in. I am putting my trust in you. Do not disappoint me! :|

OK, as far as I can tell, we should try to get every gel being used today. Obviously that leaves 8 people doubling up. There should be no tripling up. And one of the double ups should definitely be the white gel.

Also, people should be targeting people that doubled up (one of the 16) and NOT someone that took a gel individually, to decrease the probability that we remove someone from the game with the knowledge of what a gel does.

SLyM for no reason.

Does the "Target is protected from all effects for the current round" gel prevent that player from being seered?

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Figgy

Give me Purple.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    SeGa Tai for probably being involved in my death in some way as a robot.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Think I just told the vig to guess between you and someone else-totally blame free

38thDoe is not

PSN SeGaTai
    Not saying you are directly to blame for my death, but you had a bit of involvement, and I just need a bit of a reason since it's day 1 :p

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    MrTLicious just because.

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    SLyM is kinda like gel right?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    SLyM is kinda like gel right?

I always pronounced it "slim" in my head. I never even SAW the "slime" pronunciation until just now. O_O

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I dont undserstand most of these votes for me.

Also, How I mine for gel?

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    assuran for starting the bandwagon on me in the armoured core phalla.

steam_sig.png