As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phalla: Experimental Open Book Test Phalla. [Mini]

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    There's not a lot of talking going on here. Its day 2.

There should be more talking to me, if anyone knows anything.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I know! And its bumming me out because there's some cool stuff going on.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I will vote for Lucedes and will be using my green gel on baidol because.

Baidol is dead...

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Does anyone (aside from obi) know for sure what their gel does?

My target died. I am unsure if that's because of my gel or not. I received no PM about my action.

Steam profile
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Baidol is dead...

I went off of the dead list from the OP. OK new target then.... Anialos for greening!

kime wrote: »

My target died. I am unsure if that's because of my gel or not. I received no PM about my action.

Did you get a pm saying you got control of the gel?

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    I"m going to use the Pink gel on TA. I dont' think anyone reported any results from that yesterday.

I would consider that to be something related to my action. Which I received no PM about. So.... no.

Steam profile
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    warban wrote:
    Players will not be informed directly what the gel did unless the target dies or the gel returned some sort of information to the player who used the gel. Players will be informed if they got hit by a gel via pm and the state it put them in (Stated below some of the effects)

This doesn't mean you are told what the gel does if you target dies. This implies that the information returned to you is the player dying. In other words, it sounds like you're only told what your gel does if the gel's ability is to reveal information. So, the Seer.

Want more proof?
    warban wrote: »
    You will be informed that you took control of a Gel for that color as long you live to talk about it. You will have to ask the person who was effected from the gel If it did anything. Only effects with a State change will be informed if they got targeted by a gel.

You will have to ask the person you targeted. You will never be informed of your gel's effects directly via PM unless the gel's actual ability is to return information.

I used 'crome' (Chrome?) last night and targeted Mojo. Nada.

Right now, if we simply organize, we can catalog the effects of each gel. Segatai knows one of the gel colours: keep that to yourself! You probably shouldn't have come out and revealed. Bad luck that your seer target is also dying tonight.

In any event, Voidslayer for now.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

I would consider that to be something related to my action. Which I received no PM about. So.... no.

All you would have been told, apparently, is that you controlled your gel. The effects are not relayed to you unless the effect is to relay information (the seer). Further, your target is only informed he was targeted if it involves a state change (conversion, for example).

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    My hope was that someone would have found a guard gel the previous day and can coordinate with kime so that it gets used on me, unclear if this has happened yet. Suppose I could have told Kime to reveal that he was seered as a villager and knows which gel it is but that seemed less believable.

PSN SeGaTai
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I tried to gel myself last knight, because I feel like we're more likely to figure out what's going on if we do so.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Not a bad idea actually, what gel was it

PSN SeGaTai
    Orange, but I didn't get it.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Well... I was using the traditional meaning of serial killer, if it has some odd meaning about ignoring neutrals which I have NEVER SEEN in a serial killer it seems like we should have been told that.
    Bandwagon wrote:
    Serial Killer - basically an evil group with one person in it. The SK has a nightly kill and has to kill every single other person, or every other person but one. Often has other powers to make survival easier.

So SK faction = faction that must kill everyone else

Including neutrals. Otherwise t would not be a SK group but a second mafia.

Just to be clear, I used silver on lucedes last night. Like I wrote in the thread. Then I talked to him and explained what happened and told hm it was his choice to reveal the info or not.

I will be using GREY on ObiFett for his silly comment.

I will also vote for Greenbarons for the sheeping. Though it is true T_A should know better...

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    oops, that time dd not even bother to write the code.

[color=redGreenbarons[/color]

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    Greenbarons

I agree with Void Slayer's interpretation, just from my own understanding of the game.

Steam profile
    I agree with Void Slayer's interpretation, just from my own understanding of the game.

Looks like I already have five votes then and everyone else only has one, that was a short run as a villager. Done in by pointing out the obvious... wooo!

Clearly the people who have already voted for me will be sticking with their terrible decisions.

If I do end up eating the vote, please do not bother guarding or seering me. It will be less then useful.

Looks like I already have five votes then and everyone else only has one, that was a short run as a villager. Done in by pointing out the obvious... wooo!

Yes. I am not pleased with this.

Steam profile
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I'm going to go with The Anonymous for jumping on Void's case.

Going with The Anonymous for the saving of my own skin and what not.

If anyone thinks they may have found a vig gel, that would be good to know to tell me privately.

Remember. I am confirmed village.

Steam profile
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Also if anyone can think of something for me to do... I don't really feel confidant using any gel since I wasn't here last night. Can anyone think of any interesting possibilities that might open up? Probably not...

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    If you choose not to use a gel you're just making it more likely that the maifa will get their hands on it.

Assuming you are village, of course.

Ooooo, I may have news

Steam profile
    I love news.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If taya is not in a game does that make you evil by default?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

No, Taya's default state is evil, much like Kime. She needs a role PM to override it, and only temporarily.

SLyM]/color] has been seered to be CRAZY. That's the SK faction.

Anyone that targeted SLyM last night needs to tell me, asap

Steam profile
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Slym

Stop with all the serial killin'

So if I was seered as crazy, doesn't that mean you weren't seered at all?

Because there's only one seer gel, ya know?

edited June 2012
    SLyM wrote: »
    So if I was seered as crazy, doesn't that mean you weren't seered at all?

Because there's only one seer gel, ya know?

(Check the OP again)

On a different note, does everyone see how in my vote post, I messed up the color BBCode... but the color still stops? That is how amazing I am.

Addendum: Sorry, SLyM, but sometimes you just get unlucky.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    SLyM it is then.

Well... I was using the traditional meaning of serial killer, if it has some odd meaning about ignoring neutrals which I have NEVER SEEN in a serial killer it seems like we should have been told that.
    Bandwagon wrote:
    Serial Killer - basically an evil group with one person in it. The SK has a nightly kill and has to kill every single other person, or every other person but one. Often has other powers to make survival easier.

So SK faction = faction that must kill everyone else

Including neutrals. Otherwise t would not be a SK group but a second mafia.

Just to be clear, I used silver on lucedes last night. Like I wrote in the thread. Then I talked to him and explained what happened and told hm it was his choice to reveal the info or not.

I will be using GREY on ObiFett for his silly comment.

I will also vote for Greenbarons for the sheeping. Though it is true T_A should know better...

I really don't think my comment was that silly.

You specifically said that the S/K needed to kill the neutrals and vice-versa. Neither of which are even remotely true unless you have some weird information we don't have.

Neutrals could care less about the S/K because all I need is for either the robots to die OR for the robots to outnumber the villagers OR for all the villagers to die. None of that involves the S/K.

This also brings up an interesting scenario where the S/K faction has to have a wincon other than be the last alive. Because that wincon is impossible based on the other wincons that the village and mafia have.

Yes I voted for you very quickly. Yes I acted very hastily on what I still believe is an "off" comment from you that I think we will find out has merit at the end of the game. But my vote and accusation did what it was supposed to do: Shake the tree a bit, Infidel-style, and see what came out.

If SLyM is S/K, then lets get him out of here I guess.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Slym looks best at the moment.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    So some people were able to use their gel last night. When I tried to use chrome on TRV, I only got the message that I took control of chrome. If nothing happened to @TheRoadVirus then it must be a gel that is only acted on by another gel,such as the following form the OP:
    Effect: Target is protected from all effects for the current round. [x 2]

Effect: All actions that target the player who succeeded at controlling Gel are redirected at the targeted player until another person uses the same gel on another player.

Effect: Targeted player Gel dominance is decreased to 0% until another person is targeted instead by the same gel. State: Bound

Effect: Targeted player is protected from all alignment chancing Gel effects for the rest of the game. State: Wise

Likewise TRV said he used the green gel on me, and I had no information at all about that. I believe that if TRV is telling the truth, then both the chrome and green gels have one of the above effects, and as such should only be used on confirmed villagers or specials.

So with that in mind, I think maybe we should use use chrome and green on @ObiFett.

Also, The Anonymous based on a hunch.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon