As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp [Phalla] Lake - Mini - Day 6: Sunkmanitu Tanka's Last Stand (Village Victory!)

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Not my fault you picked the wrong cabin.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    I'm gonna guess
    stever777

for now

You're guessing wrong.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    I do not remember if I have voted or not so [color=Egos[/color].

Is Egos a color now?
    If so, what does it look like?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    RAAAAAAAAAUGHSTEVER

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I should probably find a cabin.

Anyone got any room?
    I brought weed!

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Hates puppies and kittens!
    I LOVE BOTH AND WILL NOT TOLERATE THI SLANDER!

Because I have a dream. Where dogs and cats can live together in harmony. And be judged not on the softness of their fur, but on the content of their charecter.

• Options
    Did Langly put you guys up to this voting for me?
    LANGLY!!! ;-)

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I prefer cats to dogs, but only because cats are more house trainable and I don't like to go for walks.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I may have phrased things wrongly.

Also, I hate you.
    @Baidol I am appologizing and you are right. I am frusterated about stuff and I sort of lumped it all into one frustration. Also I act sort of erractic and crazy and somtimes make a mountain out of a molehill. I didnt mean to come off as whiny or assholish.

I am frusterated with @Reg Rysk because I feel like he screwed me in INANTPs phalla. He said I was threatening him which I dont think is true, also I felt like their group backed me into a corner that game and considering that there were 3 of them and one of me it was a bit of a bullying. It is more my grudge to have but I was really loud about it post game. So hey shit happens and I stepped in it for this one.

@jdarksun is a bit of a surprise because I thought we were done. This grudge is literally more tired then the tires on my grandmas car. Also she is dead and those things are never getting changed. This grudge is about as fun as going to a birthday party with a 90 year old clown and also I am the only one who showed up because jdark dosent have any other friends.I guess I cant stop your secret affections but I prefer to grudge other people.

@slym and @capfalcon I dont know why they would grudge me. But then a realised they may not be grudge votes. Which means I am only losing a popularity contest! Which hurts a bit. Actually I dont know how to feel about this anymore :S

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Stever777 to save myself.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I just wanted to make sure I got a vote in, but I realized I voted you day one in the other phalla. Thus, I think I should vote for Stever777 instead.

No hard feelings Bedlam.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    LANGLY!!! ;-)

I voted for someone that is not you!

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I only tease/poke fun at/annoy people I like and feel I know well enough to do so.

You're not losing a popularity contest, Beldam, you're winning one!

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Bedlam that is the king of mafia posts...That is all.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    All the cool kids are getting lynched man.

We're gonna go get lynched behind the cabins later. It'll be so rad.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Bedlam that is the king of mafia posts...That is all.
    So if I was village I would just keep being a jerk to everyone always?

Well fuck you, buddy!

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Rend

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Also I need a cabin. How does this work. Who pm's who with what.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    GrimmyTOA because nothing is scarier than a little girl. Even for a depraved member of Team Blood Death Cabin, like myself.

My baseball bat stands ready to defend our cabin.

Dear Diary,

One of my cabin-mates is a bit homesick. She keeps screaming and crying just like a little baby!

To cheer her up I showed her a list I made of fun things to pop. It goes like this:

Balloons
    That plastic popping stuff from Christmas
    Eyeballs
    And bubblegum!

It didn't seem to cheer her up.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    This grudge is about as fun as going to a birthday party with a 90 year old clown and also I am the only one who showed up because jdark dosent have any other friends.

Sweet post and kinda familiar to me.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    stever777 wrote: »
    LANGLY!!! ;-)

I voted for someone that is not you!

You may be soft-networking my death.
    I can be paranoid if I like.

• Options
    warban wrote: »

Well, you have a couple of options.

You can try to find a space in established cabins.

You can try and find a space in multiple cabins, being in several places at once, if I am reading the game mechanics correctly.

You can form a two-person cabin if things get desperate.

You can not form a cabin and risk dying of exposure, but there may be some advantages to being alone that we are currently unaware of.

Other things to note: Guards can be overwhelmed. We (villagers) have a guard strength of one. Multiple people can guard in a night, but that means your team will be unguarded at some point in time before those people can guard again.

Also, teams seem to be established by individual players PMing Saber with who is on their team, not by who is in a shared conversation, which is all kinds of hilarious.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Can you have nobody guard?

Did we ever figure that out?

Did we ever try to figure that out?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Being alone means your "guard" can't stab you in the back.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    Can you have nobody guard?

Did we ever figure that out?

Did we ever try to figure that out?

Yes. Your team has to PM Saber saying that you are still a team, but have no guard.

• Options
    You can try and find a space in multiple cabins, being in several places at once, if I am reading the game mechanics correctly.
    As I understand it saber splits the cabins by RNG if people say they are in more than one.

Also it is interesting that you dont have to fill a cabin and there is no limit to how many cabins there are.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Yeah but I guess you can't be in a cabin all on your own, because you can still die from exposure :|

• Options
    Would it behoove us to all make our cabins known in the thread before vote close tomorrow as well? Less chance of hidden chicanery and less likelihood that someone thinks they're in a cabin that they aren't.

• Options
    I am wondering if the mafia target a player, who is guarded, and the guard is overwhelmed, does the targeted player die or the guard.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I would assume the targeted player dies. But I could be wrong.

• Options
    I am wondering if the mafia target a player, who is guarded, and the guard is overwhelmed, does the targeted player die or the guard.

my current theory is that the cabins basically provide an (x) shield for all players in the cabin, where x stands for the number of people guarding. I think that the mafia needs to beat that number in order for their kill to go through.

So if they targeted Langly with two attacks, and one person in my cabin is on guard, I would die. If they targeted me with one attack, I would live.

• Options
    Makes sense, Langly. There's also the bit about guards being able to vig the people in their cabin.

Also, how does that interact with the mafia kill? Does the guards' collective decision to vig one of their wards mean that they aren't guarding against the mafia, or are they performing both vig and guard functions that night?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Well, if the vote keeps up the way it is, we may be looking for a replacement for stever's bunk...

• Options
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Makes sense, Langly. There's also the bit about guards being able to vig the people in their cabin.

Also, how does that interact with the mafia kill? Does the guards' collective decision to vig one of their wards mean that they aren't guarding against the mafia, or are they performing both vig and guard functions that night?

we can get a clarification, but I would assume it is just a part of being on guard duty. You would still be guarding yourselves + whoever was not killed by you.

Does vigging a player in the night remove the guard effect from the whole cabin?

• Options

we can get a clarification, but I would assume it is just a part of being on guard duty. You would still be guarding yourselves + whoever was not killed by you.

Does vigging a player in the night remove the guard effect from the whole cabin?

I'd have assumed the opposite.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Oh shit that's really a thing?
    KIME. HOLD ME. I'M SCARED.

• Options

I'd assume so too, otherwise it becomes an extraordinarily high-risk gambit to try to guard-vig. Of course, balance wise that may be working as intended. Depends if there are traditional vigs in the game.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    warban wrote: »

Well, you have a couple of options.

You can try to find a space in established cabins.

You can form a two-person cabin if things get desperate.

You can not form a cabin and risk dying of exposure, but there may be some advantages to being alone that we are currently unaware of.

Other things to note: Guards can be overwhelmed. We (villagers) have a guard strength of one. Multiple people can guard in a night, but that means your team will be unguarded at some point in time before those people can guard again.

Also, teams seem to be established by individual players PMing Saber with who is on their team, not by who is in a shared conversation, which is all kinds of hilarious.

BTW, this is why I would advise all cabins to make proboards. This allows you to make a single orders thread, rather than relying on everyone to send in an order pm each night.

PMs still take precedence, so you could potentially be betrayed, but you won't lose your guard due to someone falling asleep/forgetting.

Langly on
  • Options

Oh shit that's really a thing?
    KIME. HOLD ME. I'M SCARED.

I'll keep you safe!

*brandishes dagger*

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Huzzah!
    Hey... my back hurts/feels warm and drippy.
    Is that normal?

edit: yeah, wow. Didn't realize how that looked before I typed it. Meant to imply.... nevermind

Erin The Red on