As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SW:TOR]: PvP Thread. Ilum, you are terrible.

1353637383941»

• sam16sam16 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Edit: Double post.

sam16 on
  • Chases Street DemonsChases Street Demons Registered User regular
    How is the exploit to get past the gates on Voidstar still a thing? I just had a game where both doors were planted in round one before the spawn opened up.

"Sometimes things aren't complicated," I said. "You just have to be willing to accept the absolute corruption of everybody involved."

• ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    Woohoo!

100 WZ comms for dailies and 300 WZ comms for weeklies!

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    You know what the best thing ever is?
    Watching a player try to hide so they can recuperate, sneaking behind them and knocking them flat on their face with hidden strike, instantly killing them.

I hate you.

PVP Q times are sooo tasty now.

Thank you server transfers!

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Invisible wrote: »
    You know what the best thing ever is?
    Watching a player try to hide so they can recuperate, sneaking behind them and knocking them flat on their face with hidden strike, instantly killing them.

Yeah, that's the shit. I think playing as a rogue indicates some kind of personality disorder but I just don't care.

Took my new 50 out for a pvp stroll - bought the recruit gear like a good boy...Operative backstab for 5300.

Awesome.

Clearly I did something wrong by not stockpiling 2000 comms and 3000 ranked comms before I hit 50.

"Sometimes things aren't complicated," I said. "You just have to be willing to accept the absolute corruption of everybody involved."

The joke is that I did that and PvP still isn't any fun at 50.

• devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    People that don't understand the side bike thing in the Alderaan WZ make me a sad panda. I've lost so many game that way, I swear to god.

Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
    edited June 2012
    I need smuggler advice...gunslinger.
    There are three different builds that look interesting:

1 torhead.com/skill-calc#700rkrddRoRZrI0boRb.1 = 23/18 SharpShooter/Sabatuer build...
    2 torhead.com/skill-calc#700rkrrdMoRZbcZGbbkM.1 = 23/5/13 SS/Dirty Fighting build...
    3 torhead.com/skill-calc#700ZrI0bRRbRZGbbkr0h.1 = 23/18 Sab/DF build

Any experience/knowledge you can direct my way?
    #2 Looks highly intriguing but I am wondering if it's pvp viable....

Shawnasee on
  • devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm only familiar with going deep into the sharp shooter tree as a smuggler for PVP, and, honestly, I find it to be one of the most rewarding if you know your class and know your enemies decently well. The first two specs not reducing hunker down and freighter flyby to show some weakness for me because hunker down is, in my opinion, one of the most useful abilities in PVP. Granted, a good team will see that and not waste their CCs on you. Most people though, will throw all their CCs at you or will try and do their push backs and what not. This makes you enormously valuable to any team if you're draining ccs and pushbacks while still standing your ground at a point for people to reinforce you. Eventually, you'll recognize some of the CC icons and such, and you'll be able to pop hunker down to basically make their cc useless. That's one of my favorites. The other one being that Inquisitor knock back thing they love to do to interrupt your aimed shots and what not. I've gotten some accusations of hacking for being resistant to CCs. It's pretty awesome.

A sharpshooter is all about positioning, so you have to know the maps well. You also have to be judicious with your own CCs, as a white bar'd warrior will ruin your day. Sith Warriors are largely flummoxed by the inability to force leap to you when you're in cover, but if they've already approached you and your stupid teammates have already overlapped their CCs, you will have to make your escape. This is what the defensive cooldowns are for and then you can wait for the white bar to end, dirty kick and aimed shot the guy with the talent that roots them if they get aimed shot at too close of a range, and by then, you should be able to annihilate them.

I rarely do pvp with my smuggler these days as I'm mostly leveling alts, but I jumped on with some guys not that long ago, and even without PVP gear I still was near the top of my team in dps, purely because I knew the rotation and positioned well.

Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Before I left I was almost warhero on my slinger. I was deep into the DF tree. Wounding shots is just stupid fun.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I looked at some of the War Hero gear the other day.

I hope whoever designed most of that has been fired.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Speaking of PvP gear, 50s get a quest for a full suit of recruit gear, or 32k credits. Finally I should stop seeing people with 0 resilience.

I looked at some of the War Hero gear the other day.

I hope whoever designed most of that has been fired.

Pretty much all the end game gear is hideous. I like the pvp inquisitor stuff because it looks so alien, but that's about it.
    Speaking of PvP gear, 50s get a quest for a full suit of recruit gear, or 32k credits. Finally I should stop seeing people with 0 resilience.

Awesome idea.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012

Is this a thing that exists now? Where does one get the quest?

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

Is this a thing that exists now? Where does one get the quest?

Exists since today, check the PvP terminal on the fleet.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    And it's 320k credits. nice to make my money back on my 50s

How are the ranked WZ's going?

Haven't been able to log in since the patch...

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, I hopped back on my arsenal Merc to see if anything had changed in PVP since I had gone casual.

Nope. I still died if someone looks at me in fully augmented BM gear.

At one point, both my heals and tracer missle were all locked out at the same time due to interrupts in a Nova Coast.

Neat.