As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp [Phalla] Lake - Mini - Day 6: Sunkmanitu Tanka's Last Stand (Village Victory!)

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    What happens if there's overlap in cabin selection but not exactly agreement?

Example:

A wants B, C, and D
    B wants A, C, and D
    C wants B, D, and E
    D wants B, C, and E
    E wants A, B, and C

Can mafia kill while on guard duty? Can mafia join in cabins at all?

So either people are not organizing cabins, or they are simply unwilling to share?

At least let's announce our cabins in witching hour if possible.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    That is when people had said they were announcing, yeah.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    So either people are not organizing cabins, or they are simply unwilling to share?

At least let's announce our cabins in witching hour if possible.

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

liEt3nH.png
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    There are certainly some cabins organized, and I was actually under the impression that everyone had agreed to share their lists of cabin-mates to avoid shenanigans/screw-ups.

Not the lists of guards for tonight, obviously.

Are you still sleeping outdoors? :(

Er... Was @warban still looking for company? Or @The Dagon ? Mr t needs a spot.

Actually I've found some people.

Though I think we have room for one more.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Actually I've found some people.

Though I think we have room for one more.

Okay, good stuff.

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Ima vote Bedlam since TRV withdrew and Bedlam is all seven mafias.

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    One hour til vote close! Remember to send in your PM's!

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So we are all going to post our cabins tonight after vote close, right?

I still have a small amount of space left in my cabin if anyone needs to get out of the elements tonight.

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So we are all going to post our cabins tonight after vote close, right?

I still have a small amount of space left in my cabin if anyone needs to get out of the elements tonight.

I believe thats the plan yes.

Revealing guards?

For some reason I'm thinking not. Enough people will know if something goes down.

Yeah, lets not reveal guards. It'll only make it easier for the mafia to figure out who to attack in the future.

Although the skinwalkers probably already have an idea of who all is guarding, since I bet there is probably one in about every cabin.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Revealing guards is dumb because it lets the mafia know who hasn't guarded yet so they can kill them and make it so no one can guard.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Voting is closed. Narration will be up soon.

Me, Capfalcon, roman, and Dagon are in a cabin.

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Me, GrimmyTOA, Mr. Mojo Risin, stever777 are all proud members of the Stabbin Cabin.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    The Stabbin Cabin -
    GrimmyTOA
    Mr. Mojo Risin
    stever777
    Greenbarons

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    I didn't bunk with ANY of you fools.

I did this on purpose to test the skinchangers. To see if they would go after cabins they had no informants in or if they would stick to ones they did.

Since I kept letting on (in the thread and specifically to MrT earlier in the day) that I had a cabin, the mafia HAD to be wondering who was in it and if there was a guard and if it was worth going after my cabin.

I could very well die from exposure, but if I instead die from skinchangers it might give us an clue to their plans.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    blooddeathcabin.jpg
    Egos
    Langly
    Assuran
    Inantp

I did this on purpose to test the skinchangers. To see if they would go after cabins they had no informants in or if they would stick to ones they did.

Since I kept letting on (in the thread and specifically to MrT earlier in the day) that I had a cabin, the mafia HAD to be wondering who was in it and if there was a guard and if it was worth going after my cabin.

I could very well die from exposure, but if I instead die from skinchangers it might give us an clue to their plans.

GRAIEEUUR

liEt3nH.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Team Meatshield is myself, Anialos and Kelzor.

Yes, that is a three-person cabin.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    I'm making the hard choices here, INANTP, while you guys do whatever you are doing in your comfortable, creepy, disturbing, and weird cabins.

edited June 2012
    Day 2 - Camp Death

O. Biff Ett hated the name Obidiah. That's why he'd always gone by his middle name, Biff. He also hated Camp Phalla Lake. He TOLD his parents he wanted to go to space camp. Begged them for give it as a christmas present, then for his birthday and finally tried to exchange it for his silence about his father's extracurricular Memorial Day activities. Unfortunately, his father did not think that keeping silent about using store brand pepper while grilling was worth the extra expense of shipping Biff off to Florida. Instead, he thought it would be a wonderful idea for his son to be outdoors and relaxing with kids his own age. When Camp Phalla Lake announced its grand opening, Biff's father knew he'd found the right place.

Biff figured there weren't any skinchangers at Space Camp.

Biff also figured the kids weren't nearly as weird.

As he emerged from his hiding place underneath the computer, he had a brilliant idea. He could signal an airplane! All he needed to find was a piece of glass he could reflect the sunlight off. After grabbing a compact off a dead counselor, he declared his intention to find some open space and save everyone.

He was never heard from again.

Al Egis loved birds. He'd been waiting for camp all year so he could FINALLY get the chance to be out in nature. He still remembered the day he told his parents he was going to take up the ancient and noble art of hawking. While they had talked him down to getting a parakeet, he knew it was only a matter of time before he had one of those magnificent animals perched on his hand ready to bring him a rabbit or squirrel.

Laying down to sleep, his last thoughts were of his future hawk. As he closed his eyes, he wondered how his hawk would feel when he pulled the hood over its head. Probably the same, he concluded.

He never woke up.

Warb An had always wanted to be a robot. He dressed up as a robot every halloween. He danced the robot at every junior high event he could. He'd even ordered a make your own robot kit off the Internet. When he first saw the flyer for Camp Phalla Lake, he'd been overjoyed. The world's premiere robot camp was practically in his backyard!

It wasn't until he arrived that he realized he'd made a terrible mistake and confused Camp Phalla Lake with Camp Phallen Lake. To make matters worse, none of the counselors here knew anything about circuit boards or transistors. He couldn't believe how silly these adults were.

That was before they all died of course. Now, he had to remind himself that robots didn't have feelings. They most certainly didn't get afraid and start crying when they saw wolves ripping people apart.

They most certainly didn't yell when something sharp hit them in the dark.

Neither did Warb.

Sunkmanitu Tanka did not like his new body. His wished he was running through the forest again or lounging on a burial mound. Instead, he was walking around in Thed Agon's body. It had seemed like a good idea after last night: he could spy on the younglings, see their ways and know their actions.

This body was clumsy. He needed to remember to walk, remember how to speak this strange language. He rifled through the pant's pocket to find any information he could on this creature. He smiled as he pulled out the small red tag that read “My Name is:” followed by a scrawled “Thed.”

This was going to be easier than he thought.

He walked up to the first youngling he saw. “I'm Thed, Who are you?”

The boy stared at him for a moment. “I thought you said the H was silent?”

Sunkmanitu Tanka cursed inwardly. “Of course, I'm just so shaken up by skinchangers last night!” He gave the child what he hoped was a reassuring glance. No one would notice his small slip.

He was wrong.

As Sunkmanitu Tanka slipped out of his body and into a nearby wolf, another shadow slipped next to the sleeping body.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

As the second day dawned, harried figures streamed from each of the cabins. They dragged their dead towards the remains of the camp fire. No one dared to touch Thed Agon's body. The dessicated corpse had clearly been occupied by something non-human.

As the children sat down, arguments broke out.

“You were my friend yesterday, what changed? You're a skinchanger!”

“Didn't your hair used to be straight? Why's it all curly now?”

As the arguments grew more and more heated, the children began to focus on one of their own. No one knew his real name, they all just called him Bedlam. He kept telling everyone it wasn't him and that they were being totally unfair. Afterwards, no one could recall who threw the first punch.

Each and every one of them remember what he looked like afterwards. The corpse looked like a picture of one of those egyptian mummies.

As the light faded from Bedlam's eyes, a roar echoed throughout the campfire ring. A massive bear lumbered into the ampitheater. Raising himself up on his hind legs, Sunkmanitu Tanka's voice boomed.

“You think mere cabins will keep you safe from my vengeful spirit? Post your lookouts and huddle in terror in the night. I can smell your fear, and soon your fear will drive you to devour yourselves. Already your mistrust poisons your fellow interlopers...”

A voice called out from the crowd. “You're dead. I slew you in your sleep.”

The bear laughed.

“Silly child. Why do you think we are called skinchangers...”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Dead

Warban
    Alegis
    Obifett

The Dagon
    Bedlam

SaberOverEasy on
    OOooooooOOOooOO

Welp

Horrible plan in retrospect due to a not-very detailed narration

I don't regret it

OoooOOOOooooooOo

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    OoooOOOOooooooOo
    Well It was really hard to run a mini and play in one at the same time.
    OoooOOOOooooooOo

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!

GRAIEEUUR

liEt3nH.png
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Oh look, bedlam was mafia, what a surprise... mmm tasty vote records.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Woo hoo! I lived!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    Who were the votes putting Bedlam over the top?

edited June 2012
    Also, I like how the guard of Dagon's cabin decided to off him Day 1.

Baidol on
    Baidol wrote: »

Me! :P

I don't think that's what happened...

What happens if there's overlap in cabin selection but not exactly agreement?

Example:

A wants B, C, and D
    B wants A, C, and D
    C wants B, D, and E
    D wants B, C, and E
    E wants A, B, and C

Can mafia kill while on guard duty? Can mafia join in cabins at all?

Disagreements are resolved by Guard PM -> Non-Guard PM -> RNG.

Further clarification denied.

Team MrDelicious

MrTlicious
    Capfalcon
    roman
    Dagon

Team Stabbin

Greenbarons
    GrimmyTOA
    Mr. Mojo Risin
    stever777

Team Blood Death

Egos
    Langly
    Assuran
    Inantp

Team Meatshield

Baidol
    Anialos
    Kelzor

Unknown/Independent Fools

Bedlam
    Obifett
    Sir Fabulous
    Rend
    Alegis
    The Anonymous
    Slym
    jdarksun
    REG Rysk
    Kime
    Smoove Operator
    Warban
    Retaba

Me! :P

I need a timeline. The two/three people that pushed Bedlam over the top are probably in the clear. Anyone further before or after is still suspicious.

I don't think that's what happened...

Talk to your guard.

Trying to be as non-revealing of who that is as possible, I really don't think that's what happened.

edited June 2012
    Then

If vigs or Serial Killers were in this game, would they be affected by the number of players on guard?

Baidol on
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, without revealing anything much, is anyone else feeling under the weather?

In the interest of full disclosure, Dagon PM'ed both me and Sir Fab, apparently on the advice of Egos, asking if there was space available in our cabins.

I stand corrected about the whole guard situation.

We took him out.