As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Fitness Group [Meet up on Sunday at 1]

• afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    BombClancy wrote: »
    It is a bit of an obscure character but I think there might be a couple people who recognize this certain girl from a game with a boomerang challenge :D

I just always hate to see those girls that missed the memo that lack of costume is not a costume and I certainly don't want to be associated with them.

Dammit, now I have to do research. And well said on the lack of costume.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Glad to see so many people sticking around for the long haul. On the other hand, you all are making the challenge really difficult.

Only one more week! Must... hold on... to top... 10...

On the other other hand, dropped ~13 pounds in 20 days (- a good bit of water weight, I imagine), so off to a good start! Thanks for everyone kicking ass with the fitness. Always more fun to do things as a group.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • AlikaAlika GoneCross Registered User regular
    vgc wrote: »
    Squirrel Challenge: Be able to squat your own weight at least 5 reps by the start of PAX. Prize... Beer? A button? TOG claims to have mad photoshop skills, maybe we can get him to whip up a muscled squirrel image for a button or something.

Anyone want to join the challenge?

Just tried this morning after my workout and I don't mean to brag, but daaaaaang, that was easy! My trainer was even there to make sure I was doing it properly and everything. He told me a good goal is 1.5x my body weight. Heck, I can probably shoot for double my weight by PAX!

@BombClancy
    I'm also planning on baring abs for PAX, which is a great motivation for working out! Hope to see you there!

Go for double! Go for widowmakers!

I second the widowmakers. Personally shooting for the advance widowmaker (1.5xBW (295lbs) 20 reps) by PAX.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    It is now my job to lug around wire harnesses for minivans that weigh anywhere from 10-50 pounds. Worst part is, the farther away the part is the heavier it is. Gonna get fit from it though. x.x

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    Alika wrote: »

I second the widowmakers. Personally shooting for the advance widowmaker (1.5xBW (295lbs) 20 reps) by PAX.

I'll give it a shot. 295 will probably kill me, but I can try for 175lbs, 20 reps by PAX.

Would anyone be up for a get together Thursday night before PAX starts? Maybe we can go somewhere with healthy food or something, since we are all spending so much virtual time together anyway.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    afeil117 wrote: »
    Would anyone be up for a get together Thursday night before PAX starts? Maybe we can go somewhere with healthy food or something, since we are all spending so much virtual time together anyway.

I'd be up for it. Might be kinda out of the way but I've heard good things about this place: http://www.afktavern.com

I'd be up for it. Might be kinda out of the way but I've heard good things about this place: http://www.afktavern.com

I'd love to go. I also put my vote in for a place that allows all ages, as I am sadly only 20.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    I'd love to meet up too, but I'll be going to the dinner and the bar crawl (definitely NOT healthy). Any locals willing to meet, well, locally? Local to Seattle, I mean.

edited June 2012
    I'd be interested in a meetup. However, Thursday will probably be pretty awful for me schedule-wise as I'm already hitting the MMT and then the dinner, and then the pre-pax gaming night assuming that materializes again.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
    I kind of thought that might be a problem. Lord knows we all pack as much activity in that time as possible. Is anyone going to the Post-PAX Party? We could have a round there.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    I kind of thought that might be a problem. Lord knows we all pack as much activity in that time as possible. Is anyone going to the Post-PAX Party? We could have a round there.

What's the details on 3P this year?

Works for me. I'll definitely be there.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Who's down 10 pounds?

<---This guy

wWuzwvJ.png

What's the details on 3P this year?

Arco is still in the planning stages. As of right now all I know is that it will be a Jillian's again this year, and he is trying to get bands there again.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Who's down 10 pounds?

<---This guy

Awesome!!

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
    And a winner is GoneCross!

Runner-ups are myself, Mogs and Teenychicka.

Congratulations to everyone who placed in the top four, and thanks to everyone else for participating! I can't believe our group has over 1million points.

• thorhanksthorhanks Registered User regular
    Thanks for the challenge Payne, it was great for motivation. I also think a meetup would be fun before, after, or during PAX.

I attended a hapkido/judo seminar on Saturday and that really boosted me up like 5 slots. Alas, it wasn't enough to secure the top 3 or 4 :(

Oh well! It was a fun challenge!

vgc wrote: »
    I attended a hapkido/judo seminar on Saturday and that really boosted me up like 5 slots. Alas, it wasn't enough to secure the top 3 or 4 :(

Oh well! It was a fun challenge!

Woooo judo! I miss it so much. x.x

And a winner is GoneCross!

Runner-ups are myself, Mogs and Teenychicka.

Congratulations to everyone who placed in the top four, and thanks to everyone else for participating! I can't believe our group has over 1million points.

Thanks Payne for putting this challenge and group together. It has really helped me get past my old 3x10, ho-hummish workout I've had for years and really push myself. I'm now stronger then I was in my "high school" days.

I've also really loved seeing everybody making progress towards there goals. Keep it up people. PUSH!!!

We gonna do another challenge? I am totally getting top 5 next time.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    We gonna do another challenge? I am totally getting top 5 next time.

Gonna do another one soon to find out who takes my spot as I won't be going to anymore Primes. Also challenge coin or stein or something along those lines.

• Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Week 4 of Couch 2 5k done :)

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Back on ze treadmill after an unintentional break for a couple weeks. Was busy getting my shit packed up for a move to Juneau. On the plus side, it took my way longer than usual to even start sweating and breathing hard so that break may have ended up accidentally helping. This also means that it's probably time to start introducing variable inclines into my run.

wWuzwvJ.png
    Ladies and gents, I do believe that I have just set a personal record for most points in a workout (minus judo).

Man, I have quite a beef with Fitocracy lately. I just did one of the hardest workouts I have done since high school wrestling practice, and Fit gave me less than 400pts. I can get that running 4 miles, with WAY less effort. They need to fix the Crossfit workouts. I really don't think they take into account the intensity and speed the workouts are done at. Also, Payne... you are a freaking animal; how long did that take you? Wow.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    Honestly, too long. Like 2 and a half hours which is way longer than anyone should be in the gym. I was making up for lost time and I don't think I'll ever hit that high again. :P

• VersuskidVersuskid Maui, HIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I am reading this thread and just wanted to say " You guy's are beast's !"

Versuskid on
    Prime 2014 Status: .[ ] Pass(es) .[ ] Hotel .[ ] Plane Tickets .Waiting Patiently [NEVER!!]
    Challenge Coin [ ]. Custom Dice [ ]. Forumer Pin [ ]. On Forumer Badge [ ]
    Attendee: Prime '12, '13
    Guys, we need to step our game up. It is very not cool that the East guys are keeping their page on the front this close to Prime... we must do more, share more, whatever it takes to keep in the forefront.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    edited July 2012
    I think it's cause we do most of our talking on the Fitocracy page. :P

EDIT: Also, I want to see everyone complete a quest by the end of the week. I don't care whether it's hard or easy, I want to see everybody have a little rocketship on the feed. Let's do it!

PayneTrayne on
    I just want to echo Versuskid and say that you guys are beasts! I'm trying to stay at the top of the challenge, but it's killing me!

• BombchelleBombchelle Registered User regular
    EDIT: Also, I want to see everyone complete a quest by the end of the week. I don't care whether it's hard or easy, I want to see everybody have a little rocketship on the feed. Let's do it!

Hoping to complete the Untz Untz Untz quest tomorrow night ;) Also, running out of quests that I do without needing to start using barbells.

• RobogirlRobogirl Local Badass SeattleRegistered User regular
    I just joined the fitocracy challenge(user: littleicarus), and I'm gonna try to do the squat x bodyweight thing. I'm currently squatting 105-115(depending on the day), up from 85 less than 2 month ago. That means adding about 50 to my squat. Doubt I can do it, but I'll try!

Robogirl wrote: »
    I just joined the fitocracy challenge(user: littleicarus), and I'm gonna try to do the squat x bodyweight thing. I'm currently squatting 105-115(depending on the day), up from 85 less than 2 month ago. That means adding about 50 to my squat. Doubt I can do it, but I'll try!

Doubt doesn't apply here. You've got it!

• MogsMogs Registered User regular
    Robogirl wrote: »

Doubt doesn't apply here. You've got it!

Agreed! Make sure you're eating enough (and the right things) to make those gains. My stretch-goal for PAX is 225 on squat and deadlift. With how things have been going and how often I up weights, I might achieve it the week after PAX for the squat, but we'll see. I'm confident I'll make the deadlift happen in time.

Versuskid, where did your 21 challenge go? Took me 25'40" to complete. A lot harder then I expected. Must of sweat at least 2lbs off.

I really need to plan a day to do my 21 challenge... but man, I hate burpees.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    So today was a day of crazy cardio. And I gotta say, dem quests made it worth it.

• VersuskidVersuskid Maui, HIRegistered User regular
    Versuskid, where did your 21 challenge go? Took me 25'40" to complete. A lot harder then I expected. Must of sweat at least 2lbs off.

I didn't get any reply's, I can re-post it if you want? And good job man! You have successfully done 210 burpee's and 210 Push up's

Prime 2014 Status: .[ ] Pass(es) .[ ] Hotel .[ ] Plane Tickets .Waiting Patiently [NEVER!!]
    Challenge Coin [ ]. Custom Dice [ ]. Forumer Pin [ ]. On Forumer Badge [ ]
    Attendee: Prime '12, '13
This discussion has been closed.