As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp [Phalla] Lake - Mini - Day 6: Sunkmanitu Tanka's Last Stand (Village Victory!)

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I'm not stuck on the barons vote, I'm just saying I don't think it's a crazy set of circumstances.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    I was going under the assumption that they were trying to spread themselves around on Night 1.

Sorry, meant Night 2. I'm just not communicating well today.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Wait, when did Dagon get on the wagon? I looked back and didn't notice that.

That puts it back to just Bedlam.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    OoooOoooOoOoO

Sorry to interrupt. Just wanted to let everyone know that the baby came out happy and healthy!

Also we are book nerds and named him Charles Wallace (props if you know where it's from.) I look forward to reading through the thread!

OooOoOoooo

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Wait, when did Dagon get on the wagon? I looked back and didn't notice that.

That puts it back to just Bedlam.

Smoove - Sir Fab for some reason

The Dagon - Hey, your picture looks like me! (votes for sir fab)

Barons - Yeah, me too! (votes within a minute of Dagon)

Bedlam - hey stever, if you vote for fab, I will too, and we will both live (votes for fab along with stever)

• Options
    Sir_Fab because I was casually taking a drink of my tea whilst perusing the thread, and I nearly spit it out onto my laptop when I saw the poor skinchanger who couldn't get into the FabCab (that one's free, you can have it). You almost cost me a laptop, sir.
    The Dagon wrote: »
    Sir Fabulous I just noticed that your "skin changer" bears a striking resemblance to someone.

That is out and out slander!

Does anyone else notice a striking similarity between the skinchanger and SirFab's avatar?
    COINCIDENCE!?

I think not! Sir Fabulous

for the non paraphrase edition

• Options
    all three votes happened within a 7 minute period. Bedlam's came right at the end of the night.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Congrats TRV!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    also yes congratulations trv!

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Yay for happy and healthy!

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Congratulations TRV! We'll miss you!

• Options
    TRV watch out for mitchondria

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Now you can post in the baby thread in SE++, TRV.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    it would be a little awkward to have the surname virus and be in the hospital.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Gratz, TRV!

• Options
    How can a Mrs. Virus be healthy?

• Options
    Going to a concert tonight so I will have to vote by 6 CDT.
    Hopefully, it won't look too mafia.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Especially when they're multiplying.

:^:

Awesome news TRV, glad all is well!

• Options
    Also we are book nerds and named him Charles Wallace (props if you know where it's from.)

I Google'd it.
    Does that count?

• Options
    Especially when they're multiplying.

hahaha

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Wooo Happy for you both, TRV :)

P.S. Did Greenbarons vote for me too? I thought it was just Sir Fab and then he changed it a bit later.

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    Wooo Happy for you both, TRV :)

P.S. Did Greenbarons vote for me too? I thought it was just Sir Fab and then he changed it a bit later.

you were baron's first vote, which he changed right after the fab vote.

• Options
    Haha I missed that! I would of voted for him :|

Sorry Sir Fab!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Niiiiice TRV! Congrats!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Aww TRV, that's the cutest! I hope you have good times with little Charles although probably not for a while. Babies are loud or so I hear.

On another note, I think this is most times anyone has said Sir Fab in a thread. I feel like a pop culture icon.

An a third note, I think that the two cabins that have dead mafia in them should stick together tonight.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    sirfab sirfab sirfab sirfab

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Words lose all meaning when they're repeated that often. Park. Park park park.

Congratulations, TRV.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Words lose all meaning when they're repeated that often. Park. Park park park.

Congratulations, TRV.

Not when they come from different individuals.

Retaba on
  • Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    Not when they come from individuals.

I meant to refer to what I have just learned is called Semantic Satiation, as experienced by me upon reading Langly's post. I may not have done it so well.

• Options
    Ahh my bad, I thought you meant because everyone was saying Congratulations.

I thought Langly was saying that because it was close to fap fap fap fap.

I don't know why I thought it was that but I just went with it.

• Options
    No worries. I just didn't want you to think I was being a jerk to TRV -- 'cause I certainly didn't intend to be.

• Options
    Does anyone want to cabin with the Lone Survivor of Cabin Aristoflock? Alegis's pillow got uhh something and it is kind of a mess.

• Options
    No worries. I just didn't want you to think I was being a jerk to TRV -- 'cause I certainly didn't intend to be.

Oh no, I didn't think that! I figured you wanted to say something unique but were uhh lightly annoyed that everyone had already used Congratulations :P

• Options
    Not sure that would helpful, I'd say do one more day as is and see what happens, last night was good but it was only day 1 so our results do not form a pattern.

• Options
    I'm occupied with a coding project at the moment, but thinking about the cabins is taking up background cycles. Do we want to shuffle around the cabins? If we do, how do we want to handle guarding? Do we want to randomize the whole thing, and see what shakes loose?

There's certainly an argument for re-cabining, if only to maximize the guard utility on any given night. Doing it randomly would minimize the chances down the road that the mafia could end up as the only guards in a given cabin. Obviously that would be bad.

• Options
    On another note, I think this is most times anyone has said Sir Fab in a thread. I feel like a pop culture icon.

@Sir Fabulous

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm occupied with a coding project at the moment, but thinking about the cabins is taking up background cycles. Do we want to shuffle around the cabins? If we do, how do we want to handle guarding? Do we want to randomize the whole thing, and see what shakes loose?

There's certainly an argument for re-cabining, if only to maximize the guard utility on any given night. Doing it randomly would minimize the chances down the road that the mafia could end up as the only guards in a given cabin. Obviously that would be bad.

GRAAAAHRANDOM CABINS CAN ALSO WIND UP HAVING NO VIABLE GUARDS IN THEM MIND YOU

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I am experiencing minor frustration at the lack of a real timestamp in these posts.

Install this -
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?q=jobastion&submit=Search

• Options

Urk. Minded.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular

Though true, right now randomness is inordinately more likely to hit village. And I don't mean that like it's always true, which it, by definition, is, I mean that like, assuming there are 20% mafia, that makes between 5 and 6. Let's be super generous and say 6 mafia + a serial killer, for 7 "evil duders"

7/28 is a base chance this game of ~26%
    Now we have 5/22, which makes a 22% chance. Randomness in favor of the village (splitting into cells, random cabining, random guarding, etc) is going to be most powerful at this particular moment, it will only lose power in the future, unless 26+% of our deaths remain mafia, and if that's the case, we really don't have to worry about what we do, evidently we're invincible.

Randomness opposed to the village (rng vigs, logicless bandwagons, etc) is going to be most dangerous at this particular moment, since these effects have the greatest chance of hitting a villager.

So, mathematically, I would assert that this would be the time to randomize our cabins completely, for vigs to hold their fire unless they actually have a good suspicion, and (as always) for us to choose the most logical vote possible.