As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp [Phalla] Lake - Mini - Day 6: Sunkmanitu Tanka's Last Stand (Village Victory!)

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Mixing up the cabins seems like a good way to minimize the poor planning of some cabins by having those that planned for the future take on their burden.

Sounds suspiciously like communism to me

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    Note that I am not actually necessarily in favor of cabin randomization, since as a networker I like to not also randomize my contacts daily.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    You're scaring me.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    So how do you propose the randomization? Because we'd basically have to reveal who guarded last night and thereby expose potentially weak cabins. Unless you just want to tell people you should break up into other groups.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    And the candidate to do that..?

I ask because we are quite a ways off of vote close, but I'm going to be out for the evening (JoCo woo!) and would like to get stuff locked up before I head into merciless downtown Seattle during a hurricane (see: mild rain showers).

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah, I worry we are already too late for full on village coordination. We could try, though.

Although, wouldn't that basically be the same strategy that we would use just staying in our groups?

As long as no one blabbed, only the individual cabins know who the guards were/are.

Again though it might be mathematically sensical, I'm not sure I would actually suggest it.

It would certainly put a strain on the soft networking going on behind the scenes.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I was the guard in every cabin

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    This is a quick reminder from your host: Please remember to include me on all game-related PM's.

Your cooperation is appreciated!

I've already started making my contacts for this.

Sorry if I seem a bit frantic, just trying to put everything into place before I have to go. I don't want to end up the odd man out of any cabin at all.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    This is never going to work. We can't even get people to reveal what cabin they were in until the next day.

Also I may not check in after this moment right now (but I also might - hard to predict on weekends), and I'd be willing to bet that my cabin is baddie free.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    At the moment I'm thinking that reshuffling isn't advisable at this point. Just logistically it's likely to cause more problems than it solves at 5:30 on a Friday night.

GrimmyTOA on
    Yeah, let's stay in our awesome cabin, Grimmy!

Please make sure you do not stay out alone, people who are alone. We don't need to give the mafia any more obifetts

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Man I want to go to a JoCo concert. Got any extra tickets?

In all seriousness though, I think we should stay in our cabins.

I think it's harder for the mafia to hide any shenanigans that way.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    So what about The Anonymous and retaba?

Unless there are undeclared members in their cabins they're in a pretty precarious position.
    Note that I don't disagree with the fabulous vote, but there's a decent second.

If you're in the area come down and find a scalper; we can hi5!

Rend, the vote currently involving fabulous is actually for barons, who hopped on fab with dagon, quickly.

Thanks.

Boy is my face red. In that case, I think anon is a good vote.

I'm confused as to how both of those groups managed to be in 2-person cabins when they had like 36 hours to organize.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    I'm confused as to how both of those groups managed to be in 2-person cabins when they had like 36 hours to organize.

Alegis is borderline inactive most of the time and in a weird time zone (Belgium), so he is somewhat understandable. But you would think he would have just been left alone to die in the wilderness or something.

edited June 2012
    Egos wrote: »

Alegis is borderline inactive most of the time and in a weird time zone (Belgium), so he is somewhat understandable. But you would think he would have just been left alone to die in the wilderness or something.

Exactly, which is why I don't think Retaba is mafia. Mafia killed Alegis when they could have just had Retaba not bunk with him. Same with T_A and warban.

MrTLicious on
    REG Rysk wrote: »

If you're in the area come down and find a scalper; we can hi5!

Nope. It's in Seattle right? I live in Ontario. If I had a time machine I might make it.
    Anyone got one for me?

Not that I opposed either votes. But I'm gonna go for Retaba for jumping on sir fab's wagon and the mysterious death of alegis.

So of all people, I think T_A is a bad vote, which makes me slightly concerned about Rend. I don't usually play with him so I don't know what his deal is, but he seems a bit inattentive (i.e. the Sir Fab Flub), which I would imagine is uncharacteristic of someone with a reputation as strong as his.

But what if alegis and warban don't die, and they decided to vig their partner?

It wouldn't go through, and they would be found out.

Actually, maybe they did die to the wilderness...

I think we need more info about number of mafia kills.

Would you really vig the one person willing to bunk with you?

So of all people, I think T_A is a bad vote, which makes me slightly concerned about Rend. I don't usually play with him so I don't know what his deal is, but he seems a bit inattentive (i.e. the Sir Fab Flub), which I would imagine is uncharacteristic of someone with a reputation as strong as his.

Man if I ever get a reputation for good memory

you need to immediately inform my wife.

No. For the exact reason that the village would be talking about it the next day. Not to mention that I'd worry that my 25% chance of being killed by the elements was calculated after I had murderized myself right out of a cabin.

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

No. For the exact reason that the village would be talking about it the next day. Not to mention that I'd worry that my 25% chance of being killed by the elements was calculated after I had murderized myself right out of a cabin.

Just wanted to point out, we don't necesarly know that the skinchangers suffer the 25% chance of dying in the elements, though I guess if you chilled out in the woods a few days it would look really really suspicious.

Greenbarons on

Warban was definitely murdered. paraphrasing "He Felt something sharp" and he was watching wolves just before he did. Which we saw the skinchangers (in the form Dagon) change slip into the bodies of.
    Obifett's is a bit ambiguous since he is just never heard from again, so he could have gotten lost or something.
    Alegis went to sleep and never woke up from it. So he could have gotten smothered/neck slit.
    Dagon's death is a bit odd. He slips into wolf form and then it mentions and another figure.

Bedlam just has his mutilated corpse.

I would say Alegis and warban seem mafia. Obi seems a bit up in the air.

GrimmyTOA wrote: »

Just wanted to point out, we don't necesarly know that the skinchangers suffer the 25% chance of dying in the elements, though I guess if you chilled out in the woods a few days it would look really really suspicious.

Right-o. First point still stands, though.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    I know I started the Fab wagon on a throw away joke, but the immediate hop-ons* are suspicious. And since I am leaving soon, throw a vote in for GBarons

* - extra points for arrested development references.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686

Warban was definitely murdered. paraphrasing "He Felt something sharp" and he was watching wolves just before he did. Which we saw the skinchangers (in the form Dagon) change slip into the bodies of.
    Obifett's is a bit ambiguous since he is just never heard from again, so he could have gotten lost or something.
    Alegis went to sleep and never woke up from it. So he could have gotten smothered/neck slit.
    Dagon's death is a bit odd. He slips into wolf form and then it mentions and another figure.

Bedlam just has his mutilated corpse.

I would say Alegis and warban seem mafia. Obi seems a bit up in the air.

Warban was undoubtedly killed by Skinchangers.
    Bedlam was voted out.
    Dagon was murdered by the very person that was supposed to be guarding him.

Alegis could be skinchangers, his own guard (probably not though), or a third faction.

I have no idea about Obifett.

Exactly, which is why I don't think Retaba is mafia. Mafia killed Alegis when they could have just had Retaba not bunk with him. Same with T_A and warban.

I may just be in "Burnage mode" of thinking we don't know the full mechanics yet. And that if we see something off and strange we should just burn it with fire just to make sure.

Which I'm not sure is the wrong approach.

I have to head out for the evening, and it will be exceedingly unlikely that I get back to the computer before vote close.

greenbarons for Langly's stated reasons and to further establish a first place.

Seems like we're staying where we are then. That's what I'll plan on.

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    I"m going with Rebbatta, I don't' buy the whole he would never murder his bunkmate because it would be too suspicious. Its such an obvious move its the least suspicious thing. Also I would be very surprised if he wasn't picked up by another cabin and she knows it. Also as another note since I'm probably going to get voted off today, I think my cabin is pretty clean. We had a series of disease come through the camp which I am pretty certain is a mafia ability, but they seemed to be target randomly on people, as if they didn't know who was in the guard rotation.

Retaba