As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phalla: Experimental Open Book Test Phalla. [Mini]

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    that was... that was not the emoticon i thought that was

that was supposed to be like a :x

they BOTH FILTER TO THAT ONE, AUGH, I AM THE WORST

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sir Fabulous. Tying the vote on the hope that TRV's vote was not counted screams of going for an opportunistic tie that you could just try to play off if his vote wasn't counted.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    No silly this is how you win (If you're village). Mr Mojo Risin.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Vote close in half an hour.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    It's quiet...

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    3 mintues left with half the votes unvoted, this doesn't bode well.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Mr. Mojo Risin

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Did I vote yet?

38th Doe

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Why didn't you want to help out Figgy?
    The village is good people, even if they do want to vote me out.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Help out what? Voting out Mojo?

Vote closed.

Need to work out how the gels fell before I can assume game over.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    Did someone get gel bukkaked?

edited June 2012
    Deaths:
    Sir Fabulous - Test Subject - Gelled to death.
    38thDoe  - Test Subject - Gelled to death.
    GreenBarons - Robot - Gelled To death.
    The Dagon - Test Subject - Exploded.

Glowing and Dying:
    Mr Mojo Risin - Test Subject.

End game Numbers:
    Robot Mafia : 2
    Robot Neutral: 1
    Test Subjects: 1
    Dying Test Subject: 1

I'm going to call a Robot victory at this point. Only two living Test subjects. One is about to die and the other is inactive.

Robot victory.
    Random Gels and order of actions:

One way Bus Driver.
    YELLOW All actions that target the person who dominated this Gel are redirected at the targeted player until another person used the same gel on another player.

Guard Gels.
    GREEN Target Is protected from all effects for the current round.
    CROME Target Is protected from all effects for the current round.

BLACK Target dies. Mafia only.
    GREY Target dies.
    PINK Target dies.

ORANGE Crazy Targeted player alligment becomes a member of a S/K faction and gains access to a shared attack with all other S/K each night. (Cannot effect robots, Can effect Soulless test subjects and soulless robots.)
    GOLD Soulless Targeted player alligment becomes nerutal for the remainder of the game. (No effect on S/K)

PURPLE Targeted player state is revealed to the person who dominated the Gel.
    BLUE Targeted player state is reveal to the person who dominated the Gel.

SLIVER Bound Targeted player Gel domance is decreased to 0% until another person is targeted instead by the same gel.

WHITE Premoted Gel domance is increased to 100% for the next day. Village only.
    RED Wise Targeted player is protected from all alligment chancing Gel effects.

I am on my way out and will upload the spreadsheet tomorrow. Random picking for control was done with Randomizer.org.

I will upload the spread sheet later when I get a chance.

Guards always were in effect on GREEN and CROME even though there was no information gained by using them.

Yellow was the only other gel with no obvious effect. It is what caused Void Slayer to die.

Every other gel ether gave a state response or killed the target or returned a seeing.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    YAY a victory!

Warban, this was a really cool phalla and it makes me sad there wasnt more discussion. I really liked the mechanics here and I can tell you took a while to think about the neutral and S/K factions and how to balance them.

What was the S/K's wincon?

Also, Figgy, did you get turned into a neutral? and were you originally a mafia/robot?

ObiFett on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Yey! Go robomafia!

Good job fellow robots. I really liked the setup for this game, but I really think there needed to be more organization and discussion to find out what the gels did. We managed to find the grey vig and basically just contented ourselves after that.

S/K was kill everyone else. Standard Serial killer role.

Figgy got hit with your action on day 2. Gold. He was a robot from the beginning. But got converted from the effect and Seered last night. I would of ended it then but had to see if Figgy would sell out the mafia. He didn't so it's over.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Did someone target me on purpose? I'd like to know why =p.

warban wrote: »

Figgy got hit with your action on day 2. Gold. He was a robot from the beginning. But got converted from the effect and Seered last night. I would of ended it then but had to see if Figgy would sell out the mafia. He didn't so it's over.

I figured he was mafia and that's why I hit him, hoping I could work with him to get the quickest neutral victory by maybe selling out the mafia or at least bringing me in to the mafia to work directly with them.

Then someone killed me day 2. Who killed me?!

Yeah figgy got turned into a neutral.
    Figgy wrote: »
    No not voting out Mojo, who I wasn't certain on. Help with supplying robot names.
    You and Anialos and not replying to me. ._.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I don't understand how S/K could have accomplished that in this game considering the wincon of the village (kill the robots). If the village's wincon had been to eliminate all non-test subjects, then that would have made sense.

Anialos wrote: »
    Sir Fab targeted you on purpose for being a robot.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Derp missed the vote close by about five minutes...

steam_sig.png
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for not selling us out Figgy.

Mafia proboards: http://artisticrobots.proboards.com/index.cgi

Assuran on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    That was a series of hilariously unlucky events for me day 1.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Thanks for hosting warban. I had fun, had to try for the longshot of Figgy being benevolent to the village as unlikely as it was. Not sure why this thread was so quiet. Didn't want to say too much myself because I was seering people every night, and didn't want to go the way of Segetai.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    This game had some cool concepts going on. I wish I could have given it more of my attention, but real life stuff came up. Sorry for having to bail, warban. Thanks a lot for running it!

Yeah, the lack of conversation meant we Robots just sat back and tried to appear helpful, but not give away any information.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Well that was...interesting.

One complaint: The OP could have been a little more clear. I thought gels were inventory based until MrT said he targeted me. Wasnt going to put in an action because I thought I only had the white gel.

Other than that pretty interesting. I laughed when I thought I had vigged myself. Turns out I didnt vig anyone! (but someone tried to kill me day 1 then?)

ObiFett wrote: »

I don't understand how S/K could have accomplished that in this game considering the wincon of the village (kill the robots). If the village's wincon had been to eliminate all non-test subjects, then that would have made sense.

The game would of not ended after all robots were dead if S/K were still in the village. This game had the chance of becoming an exclusive S/K club if the gel was applied to other members of the village. This didn't happen and no one else got converted. If the S/K faction got bigger it would been over for everyone who wasn't converted.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yea was fun idea, just bad timing for the kind of networking it required. Had to take girlfriend to the er the night I died. Doubt I could have got much going though. Last couple games I've seen where mafia can get an extra kill and so early they run away with it.

PSN SeGaTai
    We got lucky in finding the Gray one early. We were just as much in the dark as you guys were, except we could pool info and try to figure out stuff.

Granted, we mostly only cared about the extra vigs.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Well, I'm happy with being the self-made vig for this game.

Both of my kills were on mafia.

Me and 38th were in contact for most of the game.

Sorry about voting you out Mojo, but it was either you, me or 38th, and I knew me and 38th were village.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Did I control Yellow on day 2?

Because busdriving a kill into myself is equally as hilarious.

38thDoe wrote: »
    Anialos wrote: »
    Sir Fab targeted you on purpose for being a robot.

Seer'ed or just suspicious?

Just suspicious. I seered Slym day 1, Fab day 2, Figgy Day 3.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

no one called gel use after day one.

no one.

Yeah, it was easy to come and just lie after the vote was up with gel colors I knew wouldn't return any information.

38thDoe wrote: »
    Yeah figgy got turned into a neutral.
    Figgy wrote: »
    No not voting out Mojo, who I wasn't certain on. Help with supplying robot names.
    You and Anialos and not replying to me. ._.

Yeah I know. I was playing dumb in case the game wasn't over yet. Nothing you could have done, though. We owned the vote!