As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp [Phalla] Lake - Mini - Day 6: Sunkmanitu Tanka's Last Stand (Village Victory!)

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Sure, yes. That is a thing I will do!

If you get mafia-killed, I did it.

Retaba on
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Day 3

The nature hut had a wall where every camper could draw their favorite animal. No one was surprised to see Anne Alos put up a cat. Nor to see Lang Lee's turtle painting. Even with the skinchangers running amok, those two both spent every waking moment they could there.

As the sun began to set, they shot shy glances at one another. Lang gave a little smile and a wave.

“See you tomorrow!” he said.

There was no tomorrow for either of them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Steve had always been big for his age. Ever since he'd read “The Giver” he claimed it was due to his September birthday. He spent all day working around the camp, picking up things that the smaller kids couldn't lift and reaching weapons on the high shelves.

As Steve finally climbed into bed, he was exhausted. His muscles ached and his back was sore. Yet he knew he'd done everything he could to fight back against the skinchangers. And he would do it again tomorrow.

And he would have. Had he lived til then.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

As morning broke, the campers returned to the firepit with their dead. Everyone remembered the skinchanger corpse and wondered if there would be another today.

As soon as everyone arrived, someone called out “I saw Greene Baron with that Bedlam kid. He's probably a skinchanger too!”

The campers knew what to do with skinchangers. They raised their knives and descended upon him. It was only when he stopped struggling that they noticed Greene hadn't changed. His face was beaten, but still human.

A laugh echoed through the clearing. “You younglings are no different than the rest. Thirsting for blood, attacking on rumor.”

The mountain lion slinked into the firepit with fangs bared. He looked around for one particular camper.

“You cannot hide behind these doors forever INANTP! Your screeching and growling does not frighten the everliving Sunkmanitu! I will return for you.”

The campers tried to attack, but Sunkmanitu Tanka easily avoided their strikes. Laughing, he returned to the forest.

The campers added another body to the fire.

The Dead

Anialos
    Langly
    Stever777
    GreenBaron

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    GRARRRRRRRRR

2aIpB.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    PM's are out.

I lived and did not get sick.

I think the sickness may have to do with cabins?

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    OooOOoooo

Nooo....not the fluffy kitty....

OooOOoooo

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Did any cabins change from yesterday?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    EVIL GETS

AN UPGRADE

liEt3nH.png
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I'm not sick.

Also, as far as I know, Team Blood Death Cabin did not change.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    The nature hut had a wall where every camper could draw their favorite animal. No one was surprised to see Anne Alos put up a cat. Nor to see Lang Lee's turtle painting.
    JEFqF.png

Bedlam on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Fabcab remained the same.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    ARUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

liEt3nH.png
    GRRRRAAAAAi'm very happy about that

liEt3nH.png
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    OooOOoooo

Stupid Skinchangers.

OooOOoooo

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Right so half my cabin died... everyone was either sick or claiming to be sick though so we may have been targeted for being wiped out if the cabins stayed the same which ours did as far as I know.

steam_sig.png
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I can't believe Kime is still alive.

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I NEED NO CABINS

I AM OUTDOORS BOY

...I still got sick though

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Ugh. Not sick, but down half a cabin. I think we should be considering the idea that the illness is simply a targeted ability. Yes, it is powerful, but so is the ability if everyone to have a guard (even if only a partial, occasional one).

So look. A little thinking here. Langly and Stever were from cabins that had high numbers of sick people. Stever, specifically, was from our cabin (stabbin cabin). Of the four of us, three were sick last night. I know that at least two of Langly's cabin-mates were ill as well.

Pretty clearly, the mafia neutered the guards in two specific cabins and then hit them. I wasn't in contact with Anialos, so I'm not sure what their guard situation was over there.

The upshot: if there are once again cabins that are hit hard with the illness, especially if the illness sharply reduces those cabins' effective defenses for tonight, those cabins should be broken up (even if only temporarily, and their members given refuge in cabins with higher effective guard strengths. Also, we should probably take a close look at people who were against reshuffling the cabins yesterday.

Further to my earlier posts (I'm sure that making three in a row is some sort of Phalla faux-pas, but it's how my morning is shaking out), I'm looking at a Retaba vote.

Jumped on the Sir Fab bandwagon when Bedlam was threatened, the mysterious death of his cabin mate, and was opposed to people changing cabins yesterday.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I'm currently sick.

The only new people I talked to yesterday were INANTP and Sir Fabulous.

How did INANTP get into a new guarded cabin I wonder?

Man, you two are suspicious. Grimmy is hiding behind rp and then trying their darndest to pin stuff on me.

and MrT is voting for the guy the mafia tried to kill last night. Is there something I don't know? Do you suspect them of trying to set up a mafia head or something?

Why would I kill Alegis IF HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WOULD BUNK WITH ME. I took a 25% to die last night. Also, what exactly makes you think changing cabins would of changed anything? Things happened and now you come out trying to act like thinking that is somehow the cause?

I highly doubt the only named recurring character is mafia. Sounds more like an SK.

But seriously, if INANTP was not in a guarded cabin, why did he survive?

Because mafia stuck together last night, mayhaps?

Sunkmanitu Tanka did not like his new body. His wished he was running through the forest again or lounging on a burial mound. Instead, he was walking around in Thed Agon's body. It had seemed like a good idea after last night: he could spy on the younglings, see their ways and know their actions.

This body was clumsy. He needed to remember to walk, remember how to speak this strange language. He rifled through the pant's pocket to find any information he could on this creature. He smiled as he pulled out the small red tag that read “My Name is:” followed by a scrawled “Thed.”

This was going to be easier than he thought.

He walked up to the first youngling he saw. “I'm Thed, Who are you?”

The boy stared at him for a moment. “I thought you said the H was silent?”

Sunkmanitu Tanka cursed inwardly. “Of course, I'm just so shaken up by skinchangers last night!” He gave the child what he hoped was a reassuring glance. No one would notice his small slip.

He was wrong.

As Sunkmanitu Tanka slipped out of his body and into a nearby wolf, another shadow slipped next to the sleeping body.

I think this sounds a lot like a skinchanger?

What I understand is that INANTP was protected from a mafia strike, in a cabin?

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    kime

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Monocle cabin stayed the same last night.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    I highly doubt the only named recurring character is mafia. Sounds more like an SK.

MrT

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime, can you back that up?

As in, why is what I'm saying wrong?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    kime, can you back that up?

As in, why is what I'm saying wrong?

The narration fluff seemed like it was obvious he was a skinchanger? I don't really have time now, but I can try to go through it later.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    You can assume that all you want, but I know that INANTPs old cabin was all either tired or sick, so no one could guard.

It also sounds like all the cabins remained the same.

Something in that equation doesn't add up.

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm failing to see how "skinchanger-sounding powers" equates to "SK" when the mafia is explictly comprised of skinchangers.

I'm not saying that.

I'm saying "named recurring character = likely non-mafia"

But that is all irrelevant, most probably a self-rationalization for what I know to be true, which implicates INANTP.

INANTP's cabin was out of guards.

INANTP did not switch cabins (? - this is the only place it could break down, if someone wants to claim that they let him in)

INANTP was guarded in a cabin.

But that is all irrelevant, most probably a self-rationalization for what I know to be true, which implicates INANTP.

INANTP's cabin was out of guards.

INANTP did not switch cabins (? - this is the only place it could break down, if someone wants to claim that they let him in)

INANTP was guarded in a cabin.
    Langly wrote: »
    Retaba wrote: »
    Are you sure there are specials? Everyone can guard/vig.

Given our pm and saber's clarification (effective guard strength, not number of guards), there are at least players in the game who are stronger guards than normal.

Hmm, any reason for the Kime vote Baidol, or just because it's him?

Otherwise, I'm ready to go for a MrT vote.