As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp [Phalla] Lake - Mini - Day 6: Sunkmanitu Tanka's Last Stand (Village Victory!)

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    It just means, "you are sooooo suspicious you need to stop dripping mafia vibes when you are a villager"

It's interesting that you place blame on me if this isn't just a pure issue of sucking and more on how people appear. And not looking inward and seeing that you just don't have that great a read on certain players and looking to improve that.

Man, you are grumpy. It will just put a damper on things to continue this, not sure how it got all personal, but whatevs.

MOVING ON THEN
    Baidol wrote: »
    Pretttttty sure the PM thing is completely in people's heads.

Entirely possible, yeah. It just seems like a lot of people got sick, and since that is really debilitating, seems like more than would be reasonable if the mafia (or anyone) could just target people with it. So I'm guessing something meta with PMs, quotes, votes, post order, etc.

Maybe not? But doesn't hurt to be careful.
    We need to start thinking about guard vigs. As in, when we start using them and/or when we start punishing people for using them.

Yeah... not sure what the best route there is.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    And when does that injunction cease to be enforced?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    And when does that injunction cease to be enforced?

Is it "enforced" now?

Steam profile
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Has anyone seen much talking from Kelzor? I haven't and that seems suspicious. Or somehow I've been totally missing his posts and I'm being silly. One of those. Hopefully the former.

He seems to only have to two posts. Each a vote. One for Rend. The Other for Kime.

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Kime, please be quiet and die peacefully. Preferably without eating my epidermis.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    It ceases to be necessary when numbers are smaller and guardvigs can be more easily regulated.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Kime, please be quiet and die peacefully. Preferably without eating my epidermis.

Just the epidermis? What do you have below that Roman, perhaps a skinchanger!?

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Your host has just put cornbread in the oven. It should be ready in 30 minutes.

Speaking of being ready, vote close in 2 hours. Still missing many votes.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    man I love cornbread

can ghosts eat cornbread?

oOoooOoooO

Langly wrote: »
    can ghosts eat cornbread?

Clarification Denied

:P

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    If there is one thing I've learned, Kelzor, it is post or die.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Really it depends on whether or not we have a seer.

If we do, then only use them to kill mafia. Use my cabin as an example :P

If there is no seer, then we might as well just kill half the player base.

Of all the votes I've seen, the only one I can get behind is Kelzor. Even if he is village, inactivity is no good.

I am all for killing off inactives, but I would prefer we use the vote to kill people who are talking and, thus, have something to look at later and let other methods take out the inactives.

See I disagree.
    a) You can get more than enough to go on from voting records.
    b) There's a reason why being quiet is seen as a mafia trait
    c) It discourages it from happening in future games, making the whole Phalla empire more enjoyable.

No no, I think inactives should be purged with a vengeance. Just not via the vote.

Bandwagons on borderline inactive players are a real easy way for everyone to vote on one guy without revealing anything.

edited June 2012
    So a tad curious are people dismissing the idea of mafia having to be in the cabin in order to kill (that is as opposed to concrete kills)? I'm just asking because I haven't seen it brought up at all. And obviously we haven't seen proof either way. (e.g. how T_A and retaba turn out). I could see the "it being too obvious route"

But it would fit if sickness were just an ability vs. having a meta condition. (if that's what we are calling it).

edit: in theory though. if there was say one mafia left and they were excluded from a house, they would have no chance then though right?

Egos on
    Being in the cabin is certainly nice, because then the mafia know exactly what the guard strength is. I very much doubt it is a requirement.

The way I see this game going down is, depending on how many mafia die over the next few days, is the mafia coalescing into a single cabin to avoid being vigged by their guard. Keep an eye out for cabins whose rosters do not die off.

edited June 2012
    On the sick note. Has anyone heard of anyone being sick today?

edit: If no. Only thing different I notice is we had a skinchanger die to the vote. Possibility.

Egos on
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Saturday.

Kime.

Also, feeling a little under the weather myself.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    Egos, MrT claimed to be ill today.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I'm totally sick today and wasn't yesterday.

And I really don't know where to vote today. At first I wanted to vote baidol but then he made an excellent point about inactive posters being super easy bandwagons that are unlikely to tell you anything if the dude dies village, which happens way more than it should.

On the other hand,

Reg Risk is playing?

Did he change his avatar or something?

I don't remember a single post that he's made.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • KelzorKelzor The Grey Man Registered User regular
    Man, I'm sorry I have things to do guys. Also this is my first Phalla so I'm just trying to shut up and fly low.

Anyhow, Rend said some communist sounding things a few pages ago, so I guess by the laws of McCarthyism he must be tried by fire.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Yeah see both of those things are bad. Learn by doing, not watching. Also give better reasons for making your votes.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • KelzorKelzor The Grey Man Registered User regular
    Advice noted. I'll try and have more of a presence tomorrow.

Kelzor wrote: »
    Advice noted. I'll try and have more of a presence tomorrow.

Good plan :D

Night all. Good luck

Steam profile
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Tricky night for voting, tempted to vote kime because he isnt being super helpful this phalla but then I remembered that he is usually evil when he is being helpful so thats probably a bad idea. I think im settling with capfalcon for now but unfortunately its mostly gut.

steam_sig.png
    Voting is Closed.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Damn, I just missed it...

Sorry for being a failure, Saber.

To prevent Kelzor being a distraction in later days, he's getting a knife to the back tonight. I say this for full accountability.

Sorry bud, but, if you are village, you need to make a presence of yourself, otherwise you tie the village up wondering if you are mafia or not. Many of the recent phallas have had new players as mafia riding the inactivity border.

MrT moved into cabin meatshield tonight, along with myself and Kelzor.

So there are vigs in this game. I feel better about INANTP then, given he told the cabin he thought he was guarded last night. Makes me think there probably are guards as well.

I wasn't sure.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    GRARRRR I THINK BAIDOL IS TAKING CREDIT FOR THE GUARD VIG NOT A VIG VIG

liEt3nH.png
    To clarify, I knew there were at least a vig (see night 1), but I was afraid that he had been killed off yesterday when nothing was called.

I stand by my statement about the extra guards.

GRARRRR I THINK BAIDOL IS TAKING CREDIT FOR THE GUARD VIG NOT A VIG VIG

Yes, this is what is happening.

If he does not die, take a real close look at the two members of my cabin who may or may not have actually put in orders to be in my cabin.

edited June 2012
    Ah, I see.

I still feel more confident in my cabin mate.

Assuran on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Sooo...did kime win the vote?

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    My cabin was just me and mojo risin tonight.

Day 4

Roman Q. Werty tossed and turned. He'd been waiting for arts camp all summer. Right up until the moment his father was arrested by the Feds. Dad claimed it wasn't a Ponzi Scheme, just a investment club. The stupid feds froze all their money anyways.

So Roman ended up at Camp Phalla Lake.

He had to admit, the skinchangers certainly made things exciting. Plus, he got to practice his costuming. He'd been working on a rock star costume. Once he made his first one, all the boys wanted one. He'd finished the second just in time for the skinchanger attack. The stupid ghosts had gotten into the supply cabinet and ruined most of the fabric. Now the only thing he could do was let everyone take turns wearing the rock star costumes.

He tried to fall asleep, but he kept worrying about who was going to get the costumes tomorrow.

As it turns out, that was the least of Roman's concerns.

The rock star outfit was perfect! Eddie Gos had finally persuaded Roman to let him wear it. The only downside was that everyone kept confusing him with the guy wearing the OTHER one. At least HE knew who looked the best in it.

As he climbing into bed, he still had his costume on. If he was only getting it for a day, he was going to use it for the whole darn thing. He last thought before he went to sleep was how he should put a sign over his bed letting everyone know who he was in case they wanted to kill him.

It probably would have helped.

Ever good American went by his initials. At least, that's what K.L. Zor's mom had always said. She also told him that it was important to wear a suit, so everyone knew you meant business. He wasn't sure that suits were exactly what he needed for summer camp, but she had insisted. At least it meant he constantly got to wear his American flag lapel pin.

He thumbed through his well worn copy of “The 1962 Guide to Spotting Communists.” He knew that camps were one of the main ways to be indoctrinated, so he'd been lying low. He was constantly scribbling all of his observations in his journal, knowing that even if he didn't make out of here alive, someone else would know what had happened.

That ended up being a sensible precaution.

The campers were worried as they made their way to the campfire ring in the morning. Everyone had been woken up by the horrible howling the skinchanger named Assuran made as he died. Another body had been discovered as well. The body was so badly banged up, though no one could tell whether it was from the skinchangers, another camper or just being caught outside. The decided to call the body The Anonymous.

Accusations flew.

“Kim E. looks suspicious!”

“That's not a girl you idiot, it's Kime!”

“Sure looks like one, I bet he's a skinchanger!”

The campers descended upon their prey.

As the deed was done, a rattlesnake slithered into their ranks. As the campers scurried away, Sunkmanitu Tanka's voice boomed once again.

“See how your infighting is your undoing? Sunkmanitu laughs at your pesky efforts and weeps not for your losses. Abandon hope.”

Sunkmanitu Tanka slithered away as the campers watched. Who knew what would happened tomorrow.

The Dead

Romanqwerty
    Egos
    Kelzor

Assuran
    The Anonymous
    Kime

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Assuran

GRAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

liEt3nH.png