As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man? [Female role models]

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I just wanted to play some brawl I will have no part of this

we can still play smash bros

you can even try the waggle

okay but I'm playing meta knight and no items

0BnD8l3.gif
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Final Destination, right?

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    whoa

whoa

get out momma didn't raise no scrub

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've only put in 100 hours on Skyrim

I am the worst gamer

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Final Destination, right?

You're not a real gamer if you don't pick Final Destination.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    the "no true gamer" fallacy

0BnD8l3.gif
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Scooter wrote: »
    And on a separate annoying note are girls who claim to be gamers but only keep a system in their apartment to get guys to come over

I refuse to believe this is a real thing until provided with empirical fucking evidence.
    And on a separate annoying note are girls who claim to be gamers but only keep a system in their apartment to get guys to come over

I refuse to believe this is a real thing until provided with empirical fucking evidence.

Also yeah this part!

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I play a fair amount of video games actually but I don't consider myself a real gamer

I guess I mainly think of that label as something that applies to people who play games competitively, which I rarely ever do

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Gamer

Qualifications

Heaven forbid if you don't qualify

Then that thing you call yourself is a lie, and the internet reserves the right to shame you

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Sassori wrote: »
    I don't play as many video games as I would like to mostly because I was always busy with school and well...poor.

But there were a few times where other guys my age would hear I played video games and if I didn't rattle off 100 things that I've played then they would tell me I wasn't really a gamer.

It was always so random and annoying.

One thing that does annoy me is those surveys that claim that "65% of gamers are women!" then you find out they got to that number by counting moms who play Bejeweled or Solitaire online sometimes

There's nothing wrong with playing those, I've Bejeweled on occasion, but playing those does not in any way make you a "gamer"

Here are Scooter's Simple Gamer Qualifications:
    -Actually owning a system, an upgraded video card, or at least some games and/or peripherals that didn't come out of the $5 bargain bin at Kohl's checkout line
    -You play games for your own enjoyment, even if there's no one around you're trying to impress

This is pretty gross.

The people who are all "oh you only play call of duty, pfft, you aren't a real gamer" and the like are so dumb

I thought COD experience was required to be a 'legit' gamer? :p

It's just like kids who hate it when "their" bands go mainstream and "sellout".

I like triple-A games, but saying you HAVE to play them or you're not a gamer is dumb.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

I am the worst gamer

You sicken me, CD.

I bet you didn't even turn all the graphics right down to maximise your FPS when you played, did you?

I played a lot of Team Fortress 2

even after it went free to play

I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

like "skinhead" or "republican"

0BnD8l3.gif
    I have been around people who were having a conversation about how if you only play madden or call of duty then you are not a gamer

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus

I am the worst gamer

You sicken me, CD.

I bet you didn't even turn all the graphics right down to maximise your FPS when you played, did you?

No! I turned them up all the way!

Also I wasted a lot of time just running around getting lost and getting killed by hagravens!

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

I am the worst gamer

You sicken me, CD.

No! I turned them up all the way!

Also I wasted a lot of time just running around getting lost and getting killed by hagravens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI0OVs_zj0

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I play a lot of video games but I wouldn't call myself a "gamer" because "gamer" has become a pretty fucking disgusting label

Death to gamers.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    ign's hunt for the most embarassing amateur game designer.avi

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

I am the worst gamer

I've only put in 23 so far.

was "skinhead" ever not a disgusting label?

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    I don't play as many video games as I would like to mostly because I was always busy with school and well...poor.

But there were a few times where other guys my age would hear I played video games and if I didn't rattle off 100 things that I've played then they would tell me I wasn't really a gamer.

One thing that does annoy me is those surveys that claim that "65% of gamers are women!" then you find out they got to that number by counting moms who play Bejeweled or Solitaire online sometimes

There's nothing wrong with playing those, I've Bejeweled on occasion, but playing those does not in any way make you a "gamer"

-Actually owning a system, an upgraded video card, or at least some games and/or peripherals that didn't come out of the $5 bargain bin at Kohl's checkout line
    -You play games for your own enjoyment, even if there's no one around you're trying to impress

You realize that counts moms who play Bejeweled on the computer they bought themselves.

That's why I specified upgrading the video card, clearly not everyone who owns a computer is a gamer

It's been years since I've been out of college so I don't have a lot of specific recollections, but for one at least I know my sister didn't take my Sega to school with her because she was so into Sonic

Gonna defend the exclusivity of the gamer title fo life

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I take comfort in that when VR-matrix-brain implants become the next new media, everyone will be cool with games.

I am the worst gamer

I've only put in 23 so far.

Come at me bro.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    "Exclusivity of the gamer title."

Heh.

Heheh

Us Gamers.

I would encourage anyone not to label themselves by anything they are just a fan of

it does things to you

edited June 2012

Wikipedia wrote:
    A skinhead is a member of a subculture that originated among working class youths in London, England in the 1960s and then soon spread to other parts of the United Kingdom, and later to other countries around the world. Named for their close-cropped or shaven heads, the first skinheads were greatly influenced by West Indian (specifically Jamaican) rude boys and British mods, in terms of fashion, music and lifestyle.[1] Originally, the skinhead subculture was primarily based on those elements, not politics or race.[2]

Platy on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    "Anthony Anthony... Saints Row 3!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0sECZgItEI

this video is good

as is saints row 3

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

You realize that counts moms who play Bejeweled on the computer they bought themselves.

That's why I specified upgrading the video card, clearly not everyone who owns a computer is a gamer

It's been years since I've been out of college so I don't have a lot of specific recollections, but for one at least I know my sister didn't take my Sega to school with her because she was so into Sonic

You seem to have gotten lost and wandered down a path labelled 'silly goosery'.

Come back to the light, retrace your steps until you find the intersection, and this time take a nice leisurely stroll down the path signposted as 'reason and maturity'.

Why would anyone care what anyone else calls themselves?

Wikipedia wrote:
    A skinhead is a member of a subculture that originated among working class youths in London, England in the 1960s and then soon spread to other parts of the United Kingdom, and later to other countries around the world. Named for their close-cropped or shaven heads, the first skinheads were greatly influenced by West Indian (specifically Jamaican) rude boys and British mods, in terms of fashion, music and lifestyle.[1] Originally, the skinhead subculture was primarily based on those elements, not politics or race.[2]

themoreyouknow.jpg

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    All I'm saying is I've put way too many years into this thing to have it become the domain of the soccer moms

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

The most hollow victory ever

TheStig wrote: »
    ign's hunt for the most embarassing amateur game designer.avi

Oh, yeah, I'm finally watching this now.

30 seconds in...okay, hey, this could be an interesting reality show!

1 minute: "When I think supervillain, I automatically think, like, a woman." Uh...huh?

1:07: Oh good! A menopause joke!

2:11: Dead...ugly...princesses?

Feminist Apocalypse?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX6sIchYXqQ

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    All I'm saying is I've put way too many years into this thing to have it become the domain of the soccer moms

Good luck with that.

Anyone with a phone these days can play games.

Get over it.

I'm going back to the cup and ball on a string

nobody plays that I can be the most hardcore cup and ball guy and there won't be anyone else diluting my mastery of the cup and ball

0BnD8l3.gif
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

Boohoo

Your exclusive little club is no longer exclusive

Guess what, we can vote and own property too

This is for real happening in the female role model thread

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

oh dang someone you'll never talk to has an interest in a hobby you are also interested in

that's it, better pack it all in

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Which was the last game which gave you a boner, Zonugal

Batman: Arkham City.

I get so many bat-boners.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Is it because of the leather costume, Zonugal

Or because you like beating dudes

This discussion has been closed.