As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp [Phalla] Lake - Mini - Day 6: Sunkmanitu Tanka's Last Stand (Village Victory!)

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    The stabbin cabin has room for two tonight

steam_sig.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I currently see no reason to vote Rysk out, Rend.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    So what is the thinking on the Rysk/Rend situation. One if mafia and the other is a SK?

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Technically we don't actually have a reason to vote out Rend either.

Rysk hasn't given us anything, or even claimed that he's mafia. Just a pretty dramatic "you broke our deal" speech with strong implications of baddery.

I don't think either Rend or Rysk know what is going on.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    As my cabin is apparently unable to get along, Rend is correct that I am looking for new lodgings tonight.

I don't know how the whole Rend/RYSK thing is going to work out, but I do agree with MrT that one of either Retaba or T_A should have been killed by the elements by now. I always think T_A is mafia, and I'm generally wrong. So Retaba.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    25% for 2 days for 2 people is a 31.6ish chance neither of them would have died. That's low, but not unthinkable.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    While that fight gets sorted out, capfalcon has been super inactive, while still being active in the D&D phalla.

Saying I'm active in the Daily Show phalla is being really generous. More like it's an hour later so I got to make a vote before close. I'm posting now because my travel plans have been delayed. Of course, that means I'm even less likely to make it back before vote close here.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    I'm ok with giving Rysk a shot. Rend

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I think the assertion is clear:

Rend did not break the deal per se, it has simply reached the point where we have to break the deal or the game can/will never end. I am fully aware of his position and who he's killed thus far in the game and it leads to the logical conclusion of him needing to be voted out.

jdarksun wrote: »
    A shot with what? He still hasn't said anything beyond "The mafia did not kill Egos." and "Egos was cabin-stabbed or hit by a potential SK." He then votes for Rend, but not as the potential SK: "I recommend a quick removal of Rend so we can work on finding this potential SK." (emphasis mine)

So Egos didn't die to mafia; but Rend isn't the SK. Why are you voting out Rend, @REG Rysk?

I took it to mean he's Mafia or something detrimental to the village that we need to get rid of.

Capfalcon wrote: »
    A shot with what? He still hasn't said anything beyond "The mafia did not kill Egos." and "Egos was cabin-stabbed or hit by a potential SK." He then votes for Rend, but not as the potential SK: "I recommend a quick removal of Rend so we can work on finding this potential SK." (emphasis mine)

So Egos didn't die to mafia; but Rend isn't the SK. Why are you voting out Rend, @REG Rysk?
    I took it to mean he's Mafia or something detrimental to the village that we need to get rid of.
    That's what I don't understand. Why are we "taking it to mean" anything? If REG is asserting something, why isn't he straight up saying it?

And there has been no indication of any sort of SK before now; why is he bringing it up?

To my understanding, he's saying that the Rend Deal is still on, because Rend hasn't broken the deal. He can't reveal the information, because Rend hasn't allowed him to. However, the game has reached/is very close to reaching the point where he must eliminate Rend, or he will lose.

So, I believe he's being cagey because he can't say it out and out.

According to Rysk the deal has already been broken.

If I am parsing this correctly, there were two deals.

Deal 1: Rend deal
    Deal 2: Rend does not kill anyone in the cabin

That last one is the one that was broken?

No one has died in his cabin.

It sounded like Egos' death triggered it somehow.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Right now I am thinking Grimmy because the rp thing has stopped and they've been around less, but now that I think about it the timing works well with it being the weekend. My gut feelings on mafia are often wrong too (sigh)

Sorry about being so inactive this weekend (and for letting the creepy rp drop). My fiancee had her first two full days of the last three months off work this weekend, and I was given the distinct impression that if I spent too much time investigating make believe murders on the internet someone would be investigating mine in real life.

Right now I think it would serve us well to get rid of either Rend or Reg Rysk or both. I don't know what the hell's going on with that whole thing. At best it's a distraction that could drag on for days. At worst one or both of them are (mafia/serial killers/space aliens intruding from another phalla/nessie). I'm not sure that either of them are clean, but Reg seems at least willing to spill the beans if/when his deal with Rend is terminated (from what I'm reading here in the thread).

Anyone cabinless who needs shelter from the night? Mojo and I have a couple of spaces that have been recently vacated.

Dear Diary

The sheets are still warm.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Look, the deal happened and it was...unfortunate that things are turning out this way. I'm trying to do this in a more reasonable fashion so that the game can be more fun.

To come out and blatantly state the facts as they are would leave no room for any kind of doubt or anything like that. I've shared what information I've deemed reasonable, and so has Rend. It is, what it is, as are the facts.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Look, the deal happened and it was...unfortunate that things are turning out this way. I'm trying to do this in a more reasonable fashion so that the game can be more fun.

To come out and blatantly state the facts as they are would leave no room for any kind of doubt or anything like that. I've shared what information I've deemed reasonable, and so has Rend. It is, what it is, as are the facts.

.... .... O_o

But I don't want there to be any room for doubt.

ugh

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    What I am getting out of this is both Rysk and Rend should be brutally murdered tonight because what the fuck.

I'm inclined to believe that Rysk is the good guy, if there is one. He came out with this, and Rend responded 5 minutes later, so he was obviously around but wasn't planning on revealing.

Maybe that's because he didn't think the deal was violated, or maybe that's because he didn't actually have any information that would implicate Rysk, or maybe he was simply waiting for confirmation from his masons to go ahead and say something.

Anyway, the first guy forward is usually village.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    I'm inclined to believe that Rysk is the good guy, if there is one. He came out with this, and Rend responded 5 minutes later, so he was obviously around but wasn't planning on revealing.

Maybe that's because he didn't think the deal was violated, or maybe that's because he didn't actually have any information that would implicate Rysk, or maybe he was simply waiting for confirmation from his masons to go ahead and say something.

Anyway, the first guy forward is usually village.

Ahh, the fallacy of initiative.
    It's been awhile, how have you been?

It's only a fallacy if you take is as a literal logical statement.

That's not what it is. I'm saying that it's true more often that not, which it is. Obviously it might be false in this case, but if you're playing the odds, I'll take it every time.

Rend seems content to not provide a reason to no vote for him.

I would say let's tie this shit, but that seems unlikely to happen.

The problem with not being willing to lie is that it makes it very hard to defend yourself regardless of your alignment. It's hard if you're mafia for obvious reasons, and it's hard if you're village for the repeated game aspect.

What are their votes at? I will try to help tie it.

I really don't think we should try to tie it.

That just invites shenanigans, and this late in the game, could make it or break it for us.

If we have as many deaths as we had last night, tomorrow might be our last day.

Rend seems content to not provide a reason to no vote for him.

I would say let's tie this shit, but that seems unlikely to happen.

And Rysk has yet to provide a reason to vote for me, so I guess I'm still on the chopping block?

Yep!

I can only kill one of you tonight, so

Yep!

I can only kill one of you tonight, so

Unless one of you would like to step into my cabin...

:winky:

REDRysk but I may switch to rend later if no one wants to do shenanigans

Both sides of this...

thing

have raised my suspicions before but I guess I have to make up my mind.

Rend

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Ugh messy, I guess Rend today and Reg tomorrow depending on how it pans out.

steam_sig.png
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Urgh. What the fuck even happened today?
    This is so silly.
    Rend I guess. Even though this whole thing is ridiculous.
    And sorry REG, but you have to go tonight, even if you're village. I hope you'll understand. If you try to guard yourself tonight, it will only throw the village off. Please accept you death.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    I (do not) understand.

I will just (not) stay out in the cold and have a 25% chance to die.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    You need to die tonight because people are saying things like this
    Ugh messy, I guess Rend today and Reg tomorrow depending on how it pans out.
    Reg tomorrow depending on how it pans out.
    Reg tomorrow
    Let's waste another day on this ass-hattery, destroying yet another day of voting records.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    Any chance we could get some vote switching going on?

Village, there is little reason for you to vote for me. And by little, I mean none.

Rend wrote: »
    Any chance we could get some vote switching going on?

Village, there is little reason for you to vote for me. And by little, I mean none.

Are you saying that the village will not be better off having voted for you?

Or are you saving that there is no evidence to cause us to vote for you?

Anyone want to take a chance and play house with me tonight? :)

I promise that if you don't wake up, it won't be my fault!

I feel like Rend isn't village when he says "Village, there is little ..." which makes me think he is something else, but I'm not sure what.

Are you village Rend?

P.S. Do you need someone to cabin with? I mean we can find out if one can die from exposure if their only other cabin mate dies to the vote.