As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, June 25, 2012 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 8: Til Ring Out Do Us Part

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
image[PATV] Monday, June 25, 2012 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 8: Til Ring Out Do Us Part

Soul Calibur adds wedding costumes, and Zynga has stopped pretending they aren't terrible.

Read the full story here

Dog on

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Yeah general rule of thumb is at least a week for a real good translation. And you can't just sub the camrip these days and then remux the .ass file into the BD versions container because they sometimes add scenes or change dialogue.

...what?

• Options
    Chocolate ToothpasteChocolate Toothpaste Registered User new member
    Soulcalibur's wedding outfits don't appeal to any guy, eh?

It's for the Japanese fans. I guess it's unusual for it to appear in fighting games, but it is in a bunch of other games - generally otaku oriented stuff like Idolm@ster and Dream C Club, but occasionally it has featured in other mainstream fighting titles like Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim as well. I guess it's probably to cater to lonely otaku who dream of getting married, but I reckon others might find it appealing simply for cuteness value.

But of course weddings appeal to guys - otherwise people wouldn't be getting married! Also I doubt girls have anything against short skirts and dresses or what have you. Surely what you mean is that girls playing Soul Calibur V would not appreciate it in the voyeuristic manner in which boys may well do, which I doubt would prevent them from being interested. Besides, that's why they have the gentlemen smartened up in fancy white suits isn't it?

• Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    Oh, crap. We're going to see more Japanese weddings between men and game characters, aren't we?

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh good, the LFL's mission to pull focus away from real legitimate women's football continues apace. Hoo-fucking-ray.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    TriskTrisk Registered User regular
    The wedding dresses are pretty cool lookin' and styling, I was amused at the part where you didn't like Zynga.

• Options
    GrahamSGrahamS Registered User regular
    But of course weddings appeal to guys - otherwise people wouldn't be getting married!
    Ah, no.
    Marriage appeals to guys just fine. We're all cool with marriage.
    But from an informal poll we took of people we know, men don't really care much about the actual wedding. It's a party, and that's fun, and you're getting married, which can be awesome I hear, but all the ins-and-outs of the wedding itself... I don't think most guys care as much.

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    GrahamS wrote: »
    But of course weddings appeal to guys - otherwise people wouldn't be getting married!
    Ah, no.
    Marriage appeals to guys just fine. We're all cool with marriage.
    But from an informal poll we took of people we know, men don't really care much about the actual wedding. It's a party, and that's fun, and you're getting married, which can be awesome I hear, but all the ins-and-outs of the wedding itself... I don't think most guys care as much.

For a couple of years before we got married, my wife worked as a wedding DJ during the summer, and was thus 100% burned out on all the stereotypical wedding crap. So, no icicle lights for us. T-shirts and jeans.

We actually had to fight her mom on boutonnières for me and the groomsmen. Boutonnières. On t-shirts.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Trisha LynnTrisha Lynn Registered User regular
    My boyfriend is way more enthusiastic about the "going somewhere awesome for a vacation" part of a wedding than the actual trappings of a ceremony and reception part. I suspect many guys feel the same.

-- Editor/Publisher, GeekingOutAbout.com
    -- Publisher, Saucy Goose Press
    -- On Twitter @trishalynn
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    My boyfriend is way more enthusiastic about the "going somewhere awesome for a vacation" part of a wedding than the actual trappings of a ceremony and reception part. I suspect many guys feel the same.

We do. Got married last year. She spent 18 months geeking over the fine details. For me? The cake, the music, the booze and the honeymoon. Everything else? "Does it make you happy? Good."

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    is it weird that I'm happy to find out that Ivy will now have more skin coverage, due to this wedding update?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Worth pointing out that Rebellion also owns 200Ad, and under their ownership has done far better than it ever has.

• Options
    RagingR2RagingR2 Registered User regular
    Maybe a stupid question, but when they say "coming up: ... etc." at the end, what are they referring to? I.e. where can I view the rest, or is that just their silly way of delivering their final joke?

• Options
    marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    It's the silly way they end their show. The reference to two what regular new shows usually say right before a commercial break. I also see it as a nod to the Arrested Development "next time" bits.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Falx wrote: »
    Yeah general rule of thumb is at least a week for a real good translation. And you can't just sub the camrip these days and then remux the .ass file into the BD versions container because they sometimes add scenes or change dialogue.

...what?
    Saw it dubbed at the hawaii international film festival in april. The movie is great. So good.

jCyyTSo.png