As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When will Episode 3 release today on Steam?

The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Penny Arcade Games
it's 9am PST, Noon eastern. This game comes out today and i'm on summer break. When is it going to release?

The_Reflection on

• eskesk Registered User regular
    Word.
    Kept waiting around after midnight, until I gave up. Figured it would be up by this morning, still no luck... :/

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Ditto, with the extra question are the UK people going to have to wait longer? I looked just now and I can't even see it in the coming soon section on steam.

• HollowJoshHollowJosh Registered User regular
    You rock, Hollow ;) (Which, as an aside, sounds like a pretty cool way of rocking actually...)

• Game VyseGame Vyse Registered User regular
    the wait is killing me

• crash1001crash1001 Registered User regular
    I'm banging my head of the walls waiting.

• IgortIgort Registered User regular
    It's up! Getting ready to play now!

• glamdring1glamdring1 Registered User new member
    It's up!!!

what? where the hell is the uk copy?

Looks like we get breath of death for free aswell!

It and chtulu saves the world.
    I love zeboyd.

yes. got my one, had to do hunt for it as it was not showing up right.

• The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    is anyone having problems with the game starting? it's been doing "first time setup" for over 10 minutes now.

Mine has downloaded, but hung on set-up. I verified the integrity of the game cache through steam. Re-installed, it got further, then crashed... :/

Same with Cthulhu Saves the World.
    I would assume that since the content download already took place everything is local. It's possible that there's some sort of handshaking or other communication with steam that is title specific though: in which case a deluge of downloads may be styming the install thereabouts... seems unlikely, but if so the solution should be simple at least.

Mines running perfectly :/

• slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    esk wrote: »
    Same with Cthulhu Saves the World.
    I would assume that since the content download already took place everything is local. It's possible that there's some sort of handshaking or other communication with steam that is title specific though: in which case a deluge of downloads may be styming the install thereabouts... seems unlikely, but if so the solution should be simple at least.

Is it showing "Zeboyd Games Presents" then crashing?

If so, do you have Windows Media Player installed on your PC?

• SoulFurySoulFury Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was stuck on the first time setup for a long while as well but eventually it made it through

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I've been on Steam's First Time Setup window for about 10 minutes now. Stuck on Step 1: Installing Microsoft .NET framework.

EDIT; oop, just went through on it's own! :D

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • zoinkzoink Registered User new member
    edited June 2012
    I got a prompt during installation that said that the game might not have been installed properly (64bit windows 7). A PC restart had the game working properly though. Unfortunately, my precipice of darkness desktop icon has no icon picture. I guess this one of the results of the buggy installation. It really bugs me to see breath of death 7 and cthulu saves the world having awesome 8bit icons while the precipice of darkness is just a blank white icon :(

Can anyone post the icon picture of precipice of darkness pls :) Thanks and much appreciated!

EDIT: Ok nevermind, i saw the icon in the steam folder. Before the restart, i swear that icon was also just a blank white icon. Thanks for the reply though, Slash000.

zoink on
  • texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Mine was working awesome last night at around 8pm central time. It's a great game so far. I could barely stop playing it long enough to get some sleep. Can't wait to get off work to continue my journey.

• slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    zoink wrote: »
    I got a prompt during installation that said that the game might not have been installed properly (64bit windows 7). A PC restart had the game working properly though. Unfortunately, my precipice of darkness desktop icon has no icon picture. I guess this one of the results of the buggy installation. It really bugs me to see breath of death 7 and cthulu saves the world having awesome 8bit icons while the precipice of darkness is just a blank white icon :(

Can anyone post the icon picture of precipice of darkness pls :) Thanks and much appreciated!

I think there's something odd about the icon data in Steam's system; they have the art but I don't think Steam is sending out the icons or something.