As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp [Phalla] Lake - Mini - Day 6: Sunkmanitu Tanka's Last Stand (Village Victory!)

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I say possible because Rysk admitting he is the last mafia might be a lie.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    I say possible because Rysk admitting he is the last mafia might be a lie.

Definitely. Outed mafia and all that.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Hey man, believe you me I wish I wasn't the last one out but the mechanics speak for why we had such a small number. We had a huge amount of killing power available and ways to subvert guards.

The SK is probably INANTP since you can see where we weren't able to actually kill him. Though it's possible there was some guard in place there we didn't know about it seemed like somebody had said that it didn't make sense as to why he didn't die. I can go back and look for the quote.

Also, if Retaba has really not been in a cabin for 3 days and not died then I am amazed at his "luck", maybe you should look into him as well.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    But seriously, if INANTP was not in a guarded cabin, why did he survive?

Because mafia stuck together last night, mayhaps?

There we are.

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Super late but smoove was in the stabbin cabin last night

steam_sig.png
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »

There we are.

Thanks for helping us with the detective work there, Rysk.

It'd be a whole lot easier if you just told us who the remaining mafia are.

Oh wait, you're the last one? Great. Game over guys. Let's just all pack up and go home.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    ooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

I'm on the hunt, I'm after you

OooOOOOOoooOooooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-flF4vKsPgM

Just noticed how fitting this song is.

There we are.

Thanks for helping us with the detective work there, Rysk.

It'd be a whole lot easier if you just told us who the remaining mafia are.

Oh wait, you're the last one? Great. Game over guys. Let's just all pack up and go home.

But MrT, you wanted me to confuse them and lie about there being an SK so you can win the game for us!

But no, seriously, we believed there was an SK and I can't save myself at this point.

It is me, I'm the last mafia.

I have to wonder if you're a Village Idiot role that has to die to the elements but is just terrible at it.

Are you the emo kid?

Nope, I am just a normal village person, nothing special. I had a guard status of 1.

I've just been realllly lucky, well on the surviving, not the find people to cabin with.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Have I voted Rysk yet? I don't think so. This almost seems too easy. On the lookout for shenanigans.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Hey man, believe you me I wish I wasn't the last one out but the mechanics speak for why we had such a small number. We had a huge amount of killing power available and ways to subvert guards.

The SK is probably INANTP since you can see where we weren't able to actually kill him. Though it's possible there was some guard in place there we didn't know about it seemed like somebody had said that it didn't make sense as to why he didn't die. I can go back and look for the quote.

Also, if Retaba has really not been in a cabin for 3 days and not died then I am amazed at his "luck", maybe you should look into him as well.

:rotate:

liEt3nH.png
    Hey, I wish you luck. I certainly don't want the village to win this one.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    As my cabin is apparently unable to get along, Rend is correct that I am looking for new lodgings tonight.

I don't know how the whole Rend/RYSK thing is going to work out, but I do agree with MrT that one of either Retaba or T_A should have been killed by the elements by now. I always think T_A is mafia, and I'm generally wrong. So Retaba.
    T_A died last night.

Well at least I didn't vote for the dead one, then.

Aannd now I can vote for Rysk is good conscience. Thanks for making the cabin super awkward!

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    It's not MY fault some kid left his skin lying around for me to play in.

Oh, wait...yes it was.

So while I am willing to best nature once again, I'd also be willing to rest up for a night. If anyone wants to let me in, who knows! I might even be the right one.

You can bunk with me Retaba.

ALL THE BUNKS ARE MADE OF SKINS.

But not yours.
    Yet.

I'll consider it, but I have a feeling the vote would be a third wheel to our bicycle cabin.

GRAAH

SO ANYWAY, REG RYSK IS DOING WHAT HE'S DOING PRETTY INTENTIONALLY TO DESTROY VOTE RECORDS FOR TODAY

SO TELL ME, EVERYONE, WHO WOULD YOU VOTE FOR OTHERWISE?

liEt3nH.png
    GROOOR DON'T

liEt3nH.png
    I think I would vote for SLyM, but for nothing concrete than his usual moderate talking amount. He is just so suspicious! hehe

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Haha!

RegRisk

I would vote for Mr. Mojo because I always think he's mafia, except he's always village. So. Hrm. Maybe I wouldn't.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    I would vote for capfalcon but thats just a hunch Ive had for a few days.

steam_sig.png
    GRRRRAAAHHHH

ALL THINGS BEING AS THEY SHOULD, THE GAME WILL HOPEFULLY END TONIGHT

liEt3nH.png
    In case it doesn't Smoove is totally mafia.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Voting is over. Narration will be up soon.

Day 6

The sun rose on a solitary figure standing in front of the fire. Sunkmanitu Tanka had been waiting for this. No more hiding behind false names. These impudent whelps would face his wrath this day and finally this land would be cleansed.

“Come wretches! I challenge you! Send me your champions! You hunter lies dead by my machinations! But I hunger for true battle!”

From the scared group of children, two stepped forward. Sunkmanitu Tanka had expected the giant. The slender one was a suprise though. Even as he walked towards the fire, a cough wracked his body.

“Slym, I would have thought you had more sense. Wouldn't you like to live one more day? And INANTP, I have been waiting for this for many days now. Before you die, won't you tell me what those silly initials even stand for?”

Slym gave a weak smile. “I've seen you in my dreams Reginald. I know what you are. This game ends now.” INANTP merely gave a grunt.

“Oh does it now?” Moving faster than they could follow Sunkmanitu Tanka grabbed Slym by the throat, shaking him like a ragdoll before tossing him aside. INANTP charged, but Sunkmanitu Tanka easily stepped to one side and threw him to the ground.

“These are your champions? These are the people who have defeated my loyal skinchangers? You are NOTHING compared to the might of Sunkmanitu Tanka! It is time you learned your place!”

Slym could barely breath. He'd heard something snap as he crashed into the bench. From the numbness in his feet, he knew it had been his back. His hand dug through the ground around him, desperate to find anything that might help.

Finally, they closed around something smooth and hard. “If we need to learn our place, then you need to learn how to catch!” With his last breath, Slym flung the monocle at Sunkmanitu Tanka.

The flash of light caught Sunkmanitu Tanka's eye. Barely blinks he swatted the piece of glass away. “This is your final defense? A relic of a dead boy?”

“No. This is.” INANTP plowed into the skinchanger in Reginald's body, bringing them both into the fire. “It stand for Ignatius Nicholas Antonio Nathaniel Theresa Percival and my ancestors walked this world before you saw your first tree.”

As the fire ignited both of them, Sunkmanitu Tanka laughed one last time. “Idiot boy, this is how you go? Did you not forget why we are called skinchangers? I can have another body when I want it.”

The smile on Sunkanitu Tanka's face suddenly disappeared. “What is THIS? What have you done?”

“You thought you were such a smooth operator, didn't you skinchanger? Turns out you can find a lot of things in the woods at night.” Rita Ba smiled.

“I think you left this somewhere.” Mojo let the head of the final skinchanger drop to the ground.

“I...I can't believe this has happened! You may have defeated Sunkmanitu Tanka, but even now a force walks among you whose power rivals my own. I shall not be the last to die on these hallowed grounds!”

As the fire charred his flesh, INANTP answered “Of course you will not be the last to die, for I will give my life to ensure no trace of you remains. And you're right that there's a greater power than you here. It's us.”

With a final scream, the giant dragged the skinchanger into the blazing fire.

The skinchagers have been vanquished! Camper (village) victory!

The Dead

REG Rysk
    Smoove Operator

Slym
    INANTP

Roles to come in a few!

Yay for lying!

Sorry "cabinmates" I never actually could guard and didn't bunk with you at all between night 1 and the final day.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    so was falcon lying about killing dagon just to misdirect the mafia or was there an overlap kill (I was trying to get that clarified *if it would get mentioned narration wise*)?

also who tried to kill him ? *the one that got bus-drove onto me by roman*

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Woo-hoo! We won!
    Thanks for the game, Saber.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    Roles

The Skinchangers (The Dagon, REG Rysk, Assuran, Smoove Operator, Bedlam)

You are the skinchangers.

The Dagon is Sunkmanitu Tanka - "You are the Legendary skinchanger who has slept undisturbed at Camp Phalla lake for generations. With the camp being built over the Native American burial ground you were sworn to protect. You have now awakened to take your revenge and taken over the body of one of the campers at Camp Phalla Lake.

You are powerful, your attack has an effective power of 2.

You're also called a skinchanger for a reason. When you die, you jump into the body of another skin changer. They gain your power. When no other skinchangers remain, you fly into a rage. Your attack is now successful no matter how many campers guard your target."

Bedlam, Assuran, REG Rysk and Smoove Operator are skinchangers - "You are one of the skinchangers, sworn to protect the burial grounds with Sunkmanitu Tanka. You have now awakened and taken over the body of one of the campers at Camp Phalla Lake. Should Sunkmanitu Tanka die, he will jump into the body of one of his remaining skinchangers.

You have an effective strength of 1 for attacking."

As a group, the following rules apply:

You may choose to be part of a cabin and guard as any other camper would. Because you are a skinchanger, you can hop out of your camper and into a handy local wolf during the night without anyone knowing. Since you are also an incorporeal spirit, you do not care about your body and do not need to wait two nights between guarding. You are still at risk for exposure death if you are not part of a team.

A skinchanger guard for a team does not add any effective force for defending that team.

Every night, each skinchanger may select a player to attack. If the combined effective force of the attacking skinchangers is greater than the effective force of the player's guards, the player will die.

Each night you may also choose 1 player for every 4 villagers remaining. That player will be poisoned and unable to guard the next night. You may not target a player with this ability more than once per game.

Finally, Sunkmanitu Tanka will appear in the narration every night. If you like, you may write a 3-4 sentences for him to say publicly. These can include any game information/misinformation, player names or taunts you desire.

Victory Condition - Outnumber the campers and drive them out of Camp Phalla Lake

Vig (Rend)
    You have been hunting with your father since you were five. While you thought going away to camp was stupid, your parents insisted you spend the summer with kids your own age. Now that there's a crisis, your stealth and tracking skills will come in handy.

You are a vig. Every night choose one player to target and kill. If you use this ability, you may not guard or be guarded that night.

Due to your skills, you are also immune to dying from exposure or wild animals. The skinchangers are a different matter...

You have an effective strength of 1 for guarding purposes.
    Victory Condition – Eliminate all threats to Camp Phalla Lake

Seer (Slym)
    You were a sickly boy for most of your childhood. When the doctors had done everything they could, your mother made a deal with an old gypsy woman for a potion. While no one knows why you made a recovery or what your mother gave the gypsy woman in return, you've finally become healthy enough to be outside. Your parents thought sending you to camp would be a great way to meet new friends.

You're still not very strong, so you may not guard. On the other hand, you've been having strange dreams. With the goings on at Camp Phalla Lake, you've started to be able to control them. Every night, select a player to dream about. When you awake, you will know whether they are human or possessed by the skinchangers.

Busdriver (Romanqwerty)
    You really wanted to go to arts camp this summer. Unfortunately, your parents did not agree. Instead, they sent you to Camp Phalla lake. Instead of doing costume design and acting, you'll be swimming and going on hikes. LAME! Luckily, the skinchanger attack has given you the perfect opportunity to perfect your arts skills. Each day you can pick two people. Using your costuming skills, the skinchangers (and everyone else) will be confused at who is who. Any attacks on one of your targets will instead hit your other target and vice versa (Attack Busdriver). This can only work so well though. If your costume would cause an attack to hit a player that could not normally be hit by that attack, the attack will instead hit the original target.

Strong (Stever777, Sir Fabulous)
    You're huge for your age. Whether you just hit puberty or the steroids is debatable. What isn't debatable is that you are as strong as any two other campers here.

You have an effective strength of 2 for guarding.

Insomniac (jdarksun, Mr. Mojo Risin')

You are an insomniac. You're used to staying up late doing all sorts of things. Staying up and guarding is no big deal to you.

You only need to wait one night between guarding instead of the usual two.

edited June 2012
    Egos wrote: »
    so was falcon lying about killing dagon just to misdirect the mafia or was there an overlap kill (I was trying to get that clarified *if it would get mentioned narration wise*)?

also who tried to kill him ? *the one that got bus-drove onto me by roman*

Falcon had nothing to do with Dagon's death, it was all Rend's vig. I'll let Cap answer about his motives.

The mafia was trying to kill Capfalcon the night you died. Roman busdrove you with him.

SaberOverEasy on
    losing two mafia day one is always brutal to try and come back from, i don't envy the mafia and i salute their tactics

liEt3nH.png
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Falcon had nothing to do with Dagon's death, it was all Rend's vig. I'll let Cap answer about his motives.

The mafia was trying to kill Capfalcon the night you died. Roman busdrove you with him.

My reasoning was mostly "I am villager, so I will let people think it was me to eliminate me from the suspect list."

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957