As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DDO] Dungeons & Dragons Online - Want people to play with? Top of the OP for info

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    So super hyper psyched about this. If only I wasn't already playing TOR.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    My one complaint with DDO was that they didn't have long-enough, direct storylines (not taking place between several quest packs that are just somewhat loosely connected), and I hope that this expansion will give us a somewhat meaty storyline, which I have no doubts that Turbine will succeed with as they've also thrown in 5 epic levels with this expansion that need exp from somewhere.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Promising, Hordes of the Underdark was my favorite Neverwinter Nights game, so...

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    Promising, Hordes of the Underdark was my favorite Neverwinter Nights game, so...

If they do that part of the Realms any justice it won't be remotely like that. Oh I hope they do something good with the Haunted Halls...

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to roll back onto cannith now and play again. Logged in last night into The Lookouts and last person who logged in was like over 8 months ago, and the rest 2 years plus ha ha ha ha. Can't believe it's been that long.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I've been playing the whole time. I migrated over to Kyhber a long time ago. The newer servers have been pretty barren for a while really.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I still play on and off on Cannith. If anyone needs some low level gear crafted send a tell to Lalki and I will hook you up.

• Options
    Mordrack wrote:
    I've been playing the whole time. I migrated over to Kyhber a long time ago. The newer servers have been pretty barren for a while really.

So khyber is fairly active? Maybe I should switch servers then once I am ready to get back into it. I'm probably going to drop a few bucks into it before I do, I want to get the Artificer class and a few of the new stuff that comes out.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    The artificer is a pretty cool class. But damn if you don't fill up your inventory with clickies, scrolls, wands, and potions of everything. And yeah Khyber is usually pretty hopping.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I have a couple of codes from a pack of the cards used in D&D. Anyone want the codes? First two to answer in here or pm can have one each. (No idea what they unlock)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote:
    I have a couple of codes from a pack of the cards used in D&D. Anyone want the codes? First two to answer in here or pm can have one each. (No idea what they unlock)

I'd like a code if you still have any. I just started playing again, trying to level up the dead guild on Khyber. I'm spending my time on other servers at the moment though, just trying to make sure I have a character at 100 favor on each server.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote:

I'll take one.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    A ton of new info out on the new expansion, and pre-orders are up with some really (reallyyy) juicy pre-order bonuses:

underdark.ddo.com/

Limited Time Collector's Edition - $79.99
    +11,000 turbine points for $59.99 (originally $99.99)

3 Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs

Epic Destinies (level 20+ progression)

Druid Class-Free to VIPs

Eveningstar Challenge Pack-Free to VIPs

Greater Tome of Learning
    (1 free tome per DDO game world)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +50% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +20% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.

Lesser Tome of Learning
    (1 free tome per character forever)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +25% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +10% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.

2,000 Turbine Points

Veteran Status (lvl 7) - Start a new character at level 7!

Veteran Status (lvl 4) - Start a new character at level 4!

DDO Epic Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    Vault of Night
    The Red Fens
    Sentinels Stormreach
    Devil Assault

DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Attack on Stormreach
    The Path of Inspiration
    The Dreaming Dark

Pre-Purchase Bonus Items!

Demonweb Spiderling Creature Companion
    A tame little spider from Lolth’s domain. Includes 3 tricks and a collar. Exclusively available with pre-purchase of Menace of the Underdark!

Druid's Wolf Pup Creature Companion
    A grey wolf pup as commonly seen accompanying young Druids. Includes 4 tricks and a collar. Exclusively available with pre-purchase of Menace of the Underdark!

Onyx Panther Cub Creature Companion
    A rare dark panther cub from Faerun. Includes 4 tricks and a collar. Exclusively available with pre-purchase of Menace of the Underdark!

Elite Spider Cult Mask cosmetic helmet
    Change your helmet appearance to a mask like the one worn by Lolth’s followers in Eberron and receive a stat bonus to character skills and poison resistance! This elite version includes more powerful effects and a unique black and red appearance.

Figurine of Wondrous Power: Onyx Panther
    Summon this Level 20 Black Panther Hireling to assist you in Dungeon and Wilderness Adventures! (min level 18 to use).

Standard Edition - $49.99
    +5,000 turbine points for $34.99 (originally $49.99)

Druid Class-Free to VIPs

Eveningstar Challenge Pack-Free to VIPs

Greater Tome of Learning
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +50% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +20% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.

1,000 Turbine Points

Veteran Status (lvl 4) - Start a new character at level 4!

DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Attack on Stormreach
    The Path of Inspiration
    The Dreaming Dark

A tame little spider from Lolth’s domain. Includes 3 tricks and a collar. Exclusively available with pre-purchase of Menace of the Underdark!

Druid's Wolf Pup Creature Companion
    A grey wolf pup as commonly seen accompanying young Druids. Includes 4 tricks and a collar. Exclusively available with pre-purchase of Menace of the Underdark!

Spider Cult Mask cosmetic helmet
    Change your helmet appearance to a mask like the one worn by Lolth’s followers in Eberron and receive a stat bonus to character skills and poison resistance!

Base Edition - $29.99
    +2,500 turbine points for $23.19 (originally 28.99)

Lesser Tome of Learning
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +25% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +10% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.

SquiddyBiscuit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Saw this article over at tenton:

DDO Menace of the Underdark Epic Destinies Preview

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    I find it funny that I never got into this game because they never had my class of choice. Now they added it in an expansion! I might give it a try. But how does one get access to the druid class? Isn't the expansion still only in beta?

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    I find it funny that I never got into this game because they never had my class of choice. Now they added it in an expansion! I might give it a try. But how does one get access to the druid class? Isn't the expansion still only in beta?

Yeah, the expansion is in beta and slated for release sometime in June I think. Druid is exclusive to the expansion throughout the summer, and will in august be behavioral for purchase in the MTC-store I think.
    If you've never gotten into the game before then the expansion is probably the cheapest way of getting a lot of old and new content at once (see my above posts for what adventure packs the different editions comes with).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Apparently, DDO is now available on STEAM.
    The DLC you can get is cheaper if you just go through the DDO MTC store, I think.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I was super excited for this to be on steam now but then I found out that it is no longer based on pnp rules. They have gotten rid of the d20 system and use some percentile based thing now.

• Options
    Really?
    I think they still have a bastardization of the d20 system, but they've also started to convert dice values into chance and weapon range.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    All I know is that fighter past life gave me a +1 to hit in the old system and its +1% to hit now, that's not right.

• Options
    Okay, that is a bit lame.
    Need to log in and check what they've changed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    A few of us are playing on the G&T ventrilo and are on Khyber. We just started a guild named Fancy Lads, so feel free to send me a tell in game for an invite! I'm still fairly new, played it at launch but nowhere near recently. Having lots of fun though. Send a tell to Dohaeris. Or come on Vent and look for me!

• Options
    Cool, I'll make a character on Khyber and join up with you guys.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Same here.

• Options
    spitfirekspitfirek Registered User regular
    I got some characters on Khyber, I haven't played in forever though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i have some characters but they are on Cannith I believe

unless I can move em about, I do know SE++ folks started up again well not sure if started up again is right but are trying again.

Last I remember I was running lvl 20 epics as my wizard but I completely forgot how to play now

• Options
    I just realized that they've changed the character screen music.
    Pretty nice :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It seems like Turbine has made a tremendous cock-up when it comes to the Guild ship. They've twice in a row wiped all the guild ships, and while trying to fix it for a third time they've given everyone the following coupon:

SHIP01

Which allows you to buy 900 points worth of guild ship amenities for free, and to boot they've also reduced the price of ALL guild ship amenities to 1 point - so go ahead and get 900 guild ship amenities people :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You can send anyone in the guild a message to get an invite for the Khyber thing. I'm not on a ton, but someone should be able to hook you up!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Who else is in Fancy Lads on Khyber? I can't seem to search for guilds, only players.

spitfirek on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Currently we have a whopping three people. Me, SniperGuy, Gornish and Petva. When we get about 2k more XP I can mail guild invites, so I'll let you know.

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I am also interested in joining with you guys on Khyber. Me and Spitfire are RL friends and playing there. Char name is Statler, level 6 Artificer.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Oh ya, might help if you have my character's name... Tripsy, lvl 9 clonk(cleric/monk). I also have a bunch others, but they are in transition between getting replaced by new characters I think.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    We're in ur guild, raisin' ur levels.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    If anybody wants a stone of experience let me know. They take you from level 8 to level 16 and give you some, mostly meh, gear. I've got a few left over.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, once you guys do get to guild level 5, I'd like an invite as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    We already are at 8... harvest and I have been busy :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, can I have an invite?
    Halfnjord Orgrimmar

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Can I have an invite? My ingame name is Sonelan Decuir

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Can I have an invite? My ingame name is Sonelan Decuir

Already mailed it to you. You can thank Varega.

steam_sig.png