As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Del Toro Confirmed Insane And It Is Glorious

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Apparently Tyler Perry is an action hero now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXtRKrcPwKE

This looks good.

But I don't know if I can get past the actors. : /

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm excited for a new plinkett, but I also like Half in the bag most of the time. At the very least they usually bring up things about movies I enjoy I didn't think about. Well most of the time.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Half in the Bag brings some much needed diversity to the Plinkett well.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Who the fuck is Plinkett and also I've never enjoyed most of what Tyler Perry does but dammit it's Patterson so I'm sold already.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Plinkett is the character from the Red Letter Media reviews. You may have heard of his takedown of Episode I (he has since done several others).

They're pretty solid film reviews combined with some grossout humor and a healthy dose of self satire.

Worth a shot (though the grossout humor can get sort of gross so fair warning).

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Matthew Fox was wonderful in his Smoking Aces cameo - I didn't even recognize him until a repeat viewing.

006SMA_Matthew_Fox_002.jpg

also

Matthew-Fox-in-Alex-Cross-2012-Movie-Image.jpg

I think LOST was holding him back.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ferngully 3D?

• Options
    Why can't Tim Roth just be playing a british detective in america? Why must he take on a horrible fake accent? DAMN YOU TIM ROTH!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Ferngully 3D?

I thought that was Avatar, though this one may not may not be horrible.

Ogotai on
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfBo532SHBQ

Hmmm, interesting. Normally, Happy Madison is absolutely thrilled to tell you "FROM THE MAKERS OF" but there's not a trace of that in this trailer.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Given their last film, I'd be hiding my involvement too.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Given their entire filmography, I'd be hiding my involvement too.

On top of that their last several films have been universally panned. Like its pretty bad when people look at such a horrible cgi mess like the zoo keeper as one of your less miserable failures, but when your recent films include Just Go With It, Jack and Jill, That's My boy and Bucky Larson Born to be a Star. The Zoo Keeper looks adequate by default.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    That new Kevin James movie doesn't look horrible actually. I could see that being a date night choice or a nice DVD/dinner evening.

• Options
    That new Kevin James movie doesn't look horrible actually. I could see that being a date night choice or a nice DVD/dinner evening.

You are everything that is wrong with america.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    2:03 on the Boom trailer. Kevin James lookin' a little buff!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I get inspired easily, I can't help it.

Dude, I cry during Ben Affleck movies. You know this.

• Options

I get inspired easily, I can't help it.

Dude, I cry during Ben Affleck movies. You know this.

Which is why I'm confident in you being americas cancer. Time for a little chemo *insert dub step and end credit titles*

I'm excited to see looper if only to see Bruce Willis being all Bruce Willis.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular

You gotta admit, it's an improvement over The Zookeeper and Paul Blart.

• Options
    Also I just like it when fat actors get in shape.

It makes me feel good inside.

• Options

You gotta admit, it's an improvement over The Zookeeper and Paul Blart.

A bar so low even Adam Sandler could... wait shit nope he can't.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Man, I rarely side with Kevin Smith on most things, but I'd never want to really get to meet Bruce Willis in person because he seems like he'd be a total dickhead from stories I've heard.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    I bet they're going to do another version of the trailer closer to launch that spins the movie as the lol-fart-joke movie that it probably is.

• Options
    Man, I rarely side with Kevin Smith on most things, but I'd never want to really get to meet Bruce Willis in person because he seems like he'd be a total dickhead from stories I've heard.

Stories from Kevin Smith...

I'd want to meet Bruce if only to confirm or deny him being a jerk. I do know one of those "star meets person" shows had him on once and he threw the cameras out because he wanted it to be a more real encounter, that seemed like a nice thing to do.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    As far as live action Akira I don't think that would be wise. Considering Akira itself is a clusterfuck of a movie that makes very little sense.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfBo532SHBQ

Hmmm, interesting. Normally, Happy Madison is absolutely thrilled to tell you "FROM THE MAKERS OF" but there's not a trace of that in this trailer.

Why would they not just convince the huge bald headed dude to take up MMA?

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »
    Why would they not just convince the huge bald headed dude to take up MMA?
    Bas Rutten? He's retired.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Kevin James, Happy Madison, and MMA? They're found a trio of suck this time.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012

After watching that trailer, I kind of want the bad guy to win.

Also, Looper looks even better with the TK. In some scenes does JGL face look a little funny? I think they might have tried to CGI his face to make him look more like Bruce Willis.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular

After watching that trailer, I kind of want the bad guy to win.

Also, Looper looks even better with the TK. In some scenes does JGL face look a little funny? I think they might have tried to CGI his face to make him look more like Bruce Willis.

Its all makeup. No CGI.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    I've heard its not even make up. Bruce just stared at him until JGL looked like him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I like the "plasmid"-style telekinesis/ads in the Looper trailer.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I thought the opening was an affectionate nod to Mass Effect 2. Then the trailer continued to play, and I began to think it was just a reskinned version of Mass Effect 2.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    I thought the opening was an affectionate nod to Mass Effect 2. Then the trailer continued to play, and I began to think it was just a reskinned version of Mass Effect 2.

My thoughts as well.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Damn it, i need to play ME3 eventually.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Damn it, i need to play ME3 eventually.

i need to connect my 360 to the interwebs so i can play this new ending malarky

This discussion has been closed.