As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] PA Deathwatch detachment collaboration project

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Tox, I went to the post office and picked up my mans today.
    The good news is all the bits are intact and I can get started soon.
    The bad news is you forgot to put his right arm in there!
    I'll see if I can scrounge one up

p.s. thanks for the slaaneshi guy he looks pretty tits

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »

RimshotBadumtsh.jpg

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »

No way! Fuck!

I could've sworn I double checked all these assholes twice!

Was the custom pad in there at least? The hand/weapon? Please tell me it was just the shoulder-wrist arm section!

Double damnit.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
    I got legs, chest, head, hammer arm, 2 shoulder pads, backpack, servo arm and heavy bolter arm, so looks to be just that one arm missing. It was basically the least important part so I think I can find a substitute. I might be able to cobble something together from necron parts even :P

Haha, well damn. If you need anything let me know.

Are you happy with the model so far?

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Mini in a Simple Green soak. I hope it holds together. And I went out and bought the GW brush on primer, so I can prime without worrying about the humidity. We will see how it works.

DO3O00C.png
    I wonder what SG does to GS? Oh boy!

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I wonder what SG does to GS? Oh boy!

Not much. It softens it a little, but as long as you're not using a wire brush, shouldn't notice it.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Almost done. I'm by no means a great painter, but I'm even worse at taking pictures.

Keno.jpg[img][/img]

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Paints and my Vallejo surface primer are expected to arrive today. And just in time since today is all wet and spray prime wouldn't work so hot anyway.
    And then the painting shall commence! There might even be a trip to a craft store tomorrow to get all manner of fun stuff.

Lookin' good @ken o, I like the hammer on his belt. Pretty boss.

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    So I managed to get a lull in the weather and got him primed. So progress is being made.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    USPS fail...my order didn't show up and now the tracking says Monday. :/
    And I was really looking forward to getting started tonight and tomorrow.

Lookin' good @ken o, I like the hammer on his belt. Pretty boss.

Thanks. I got a bunch of sprues from the Empire Flagellants. The Promethean Cult is supposed to use hammers and anvils as holy symbols. I should have him in the mail Monday or Tuesday.

Comics, Games, Booze
    Badass. I need to mail @Saluksic his model again, because apparently I either write like I have the downs or he lives in a magical invisible apartment.

• saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    2100 bellerive dr, apt 69, Richland WA 99352?

The 69 part wasn't just a joke.

But if it was, it'd be a pretty funny joke.

I got the shoulder pad already. What else were you going to send?

saluksic wrote: »
    2100 bellerive dr, apt 69, Richland WA 99352?

The 69 part wasn't just a joke.

But if it was, it'd be a pretty funny joke.

I got the shoulder pad already. What else were you going to send?

I gotta open the box and repackage it to send it to you

• saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Throw in a candy bar. Or a cookie. I'm a little hungry :(

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I opened my guy. Then I glued a shoudler pad on, and primed him. I have to touch up the prime tonight when I get off work.

Progress?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Woo! Finally able to get started.
    Genestealer primed, Terminator half assembled. Gluing this halberd together is going to be a chore...
    Does super glue go bad? I've got some really old stuff that I'm using, and I'm wondering if I need to just grab a new tube of plastic glue to help this go a little smoother.

Super glue will solidify, but it won't go bad, per se.

Ok, wasn't sure if just getting old and losing some effectiveness was a thing.
    But I did know about solidification. Had half a bottle of Zap in my old car for so long that it turned solid. Cut it out of the bottle, so I had a chunk that was the exact shape of inside of the bottle. It was actually kind of cool.

Tonight, I shall make with the priming of the termie. I think my painting will be slow going, though. Last week was a good free weekend but I didn't have my primer. Now I'm busy all Saturday and most of Sunday this and next week. Although I may be able to make some progress July 4/5.

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012

I disagree. After about a year, my super glue* will become unusable. It's still the same consistency as when I first bought it, but it just won't actually dry and hold together properly.

If your glue is not setting properly, then I suggest getting some new stuff.

* I usually buy GW stuff, so it may be different with other brands. I'm just recently bought a P3 bottle which seems to be the same but I won't know if it 'goes bad' for a while yet.

Sharp101 on
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Tragically, the P3 glue is exactly the same thing as the GF9 glue, but costs a USD more. Personally I use one of three glues that have never failed me: Zap-a-Gap, Bob Smith Industries, and GF9.

Thanks guys. I might look into getting a new bottle then.
    I've got a bottle of Citadel and can't remember when I bought it, but it is quite possibly 5 or more years old, which is why I was kind of iffy about it.
    So far the pieces that I put together are sticking well enough. I'll have to put some pressure on the waist and shoulder joints that I've glued so far and see if it pops easy or if it holds still.

Loctite super glue gel has never failed me. I was using a bottle that I put into strorage before I deployed and what was left worked fine.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I'm a fan of Gorilla super glue. Office Depot carries it.

makosig.jpg
    Seriously though there is no better glue on the market than the generic label wearing Bob Smith Industries stuff. You probably didn't even know what it was because it looks so generic:

Fuku8.jpg

Seriously use this glue. It's at your local Hobby Town for sure, and I dunno where else you might find it.

I use dollar store (well, 100 yen shop) superglue that comes in tiny tubes. Then, when a tube I've been using clogs up or dries up it doesn't matter because I got three of them for 100 yen.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Hey, that's my game store's glue! Oooh those crafty sons of bitches. (I kid. I know it's just generic shit that any store can put their label on.)

makosig.jpg
    It's intentionally generic, yes. But it isn't shit. It's seriously awesome glue. Go buy their glue.

I had a bottle of it once. I guess it was okay.

makosig.jpg
    ITT - @SJ murders @Otakud00d

Obviously @OtakuD00D is pretty bad at gluing.

• superhappypandasuperhappypanda Zug Island Sport Fishing SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Loctite super glue gel has never failed me. I was using a bottle that I put into strorage before I deployed and what was left worked fine.

I had an airplane mechanic friend turn me onto this. He would use it to fix planes for Northwest then turn around and use it on his Warhammer and Confrontation figs. Reminds me I need to get another tube of this stuff.

Also, the Bob Smith stuff is tits. I will make a trip to Hobbytown just to pick some up if I'm low - it's my usual go to superglue.

superhappypanda on
    ToT- Expect my marine to go back in the mail on Monday. He's ready to go, but this week has been brutal and I'm not going to make it to the post office until my day off.

Comics, Games, Booze
    That's cool Ken, you'll be the first person to finish and mail your man. I've still gotta send @Saluksic his commission/blood raven shoulderpad. Again.

• NaileNaile Registered User regular
    Sent my guy out last Tuesday. Should be there any time.

I've been super productive today and made extremely good progress on my Deathwatch man. Just been in the zone for the last hour and a half and solidly painted this dude. Hopefully I can get in the same zone tomorrow, if so I could probably have him done.

I've been assembin' my dude tonight