As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moments of the Week - July 18th Edition

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man...Hulk denied Juggs the line he desperately wanted to spout.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    JCM wrote: »
    Anyone remember that Punisher vs Marvel what if issue?

This is the Hulk version, with everyone getting smashed, and with 10X more violence.

except this actually makes sense in a comic book sort of way and is not a result of garth ennis hating the very medium he works in

also, dmac, look closer

Superheroes are a genre, not a medium.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    tombomb666tombomb666 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    hughtron wrote: »
    JCM wrote: »
    Anyone remember that Punisher vs Marvel what if issue?

This is the Hulk version, with everyone getting smashed, and with 10X more violence.

except this actually makes sense in a comic book sort of way and is not a result of garth ennis hating the very medium he works in

also, dmac, look closer

Superheroes are a genre, not a medium.

Superheroes are not a genre.

tombomb666 on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The Order is cool, it could have been so cheesy.
    The leader played Tony on TV and they're in AA together? Priceless.
    I'm gonna read the WWH stuff right now.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Why has no one talked about Ultimate Spider-man?

This issue was amazing!

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oddly enough, Catwoman produced two moments of the week for me.

Apparently babies love Baa-mun.

And even Baa-muns Batmobile is prepared for anything.

On top of that, the four page spread in Birds of Prey was awesome. Like..poster awesome.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    All Flash

Yes

Definitely
    picture2ni9.png

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I haven't gotten USM yet. Goddamn Marvel direct. :x

Anyway, JLA was brilliant. And holy shit, every WWH issue (well, except maybe Frontline). World War Everyone Gets Their Shit Ruined indeed. D:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The whole week is just great. Spirit continues to burn on all cylinders. Shazam 4 was the PERFECT ending for the series. And it's a week late, but Tek Jansen was hardcore.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Punisher War Journal:
    Frank crosses the line and snaps an innocent girl's neck. Fraction probably isn't well versed in Punisher mythos, as this shit would immediately end in Frank killing himself.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    All Flash

Yes

Definitely
    picture2ni9.png

i wish karl kerschl could draw quickly enough for a Flash ongoing

or Teen Titans
    or a new Young Justice

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

On top of that, the four page spread in Birds of Prey was awesome. Like..poster awesome.

It should have been a goddang fold-out

"flip the page over" ruined it

I mean, having everyone you know show up is pretty cliché

but still awesome

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    The whole week is just great. Spirit continues to burn on all cylinders. Shazam 4 was the PERFECT ending for the series. And it's a week late, but Tek Jansen was hardcore.

Those are like the two books I haven't read yet

oh and Brave & the Bold

but seriously, I wasn't really disappointed by anything this week

even Countdown and Amazons Attack weren't the crap they usually are

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    JLofA was surprisingly great this week.

The art was beautiful.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Punisher War Journal:
    Frank crosses the line and snaps an innocent girl's neck. Fraction probably isn't well versed in Punisher mythos, as this shit would immediately end in Frank killing himself.

First of all, that was last week.
    Second of all we don't know what he did to her exactly other than beat the shit out of her. Maybe he didn't actually finish her off.

But in any case, he couldn't control himself. He's not gonna kill himself over this it's just gonna make him madder and more ready to kill all those racist motherfuckers. Which is what he was trying to do.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Assuming Sentry can get his shit together long enough to actually fight... and what did Hardball do to the SPIN tech?

I take it you haven't seen the cover to WWH #5 then.

man, fuck Richards

Oh, he's fucked all right.
    014.jpg

015.jpg

Man...Hulk denied Juggs the line he desperately wanted to spout.

"I fucked your cousin!"

That one?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Probably "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    "This can't happen...

I'm the Juggern-"

"NO. IF I HEAR THAT MEME ONE MORE TIME I WILL TEAR OFF YOUR DICK AND THROW IT INTO SPACE."

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Punisher War Journal:

Second of all we don't know what he did to her exactly other than beat the shit out of her. Maybe he didn't actually finish her off.

But in any case, he couldn't control himself. He's not gonna kill himself over this it's just gonna make him madder and more ready to kill all those racist motherfuckers. Which is what he was trying to do.

Well I just bought it but aight.
    Frank wouldn't be drowning the event out if he were simply faking it.

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Punisher War Journal:

Well I just bought it but aight.
    Frank wouldn't be drowning the event out if he were simply faking it.
    I never said he didn't fake it. But he was under the influence of the H-rays.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    tbumpkinstbumpkins Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »

It should have been a goddang fold-out

"flip the page over" ruined it

I mean, having everyone you know show up is pretty cliché

but still awesome

I kinda liked the fact of the flip. It takes advantage of the cliche and surprises, going from awwww to aw Shite! Loved the whole last half, maybe the best send off on a book since Young Justice.

I agree that WWH: X-Men was just the best issue long fight scene in, like, forever.

As for WWH proper
    Sure sure the fights were great. But what I loved was Rick Jones, and friggen Dr.Strange actually acting like Dr. Strange. Take that Bendis! (Oh and his spell all but cements in my mind Thor is coming last issue). Also, Thunderbolt muthafuckin Ross is throwing down!

tbumpkins on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wii - 1587-6863-4834-4924
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So Ross looks badass and all but what the fuck does he plan to do? Iron Man can take out the entire US military by himself, what the fuck is Ross going to do with some helicopters against the Hulk?

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2007
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
    THIS IS FOR MAKING ME AFRAID OF TOILETS! and

Okay...Y'know what? You guys are busy. I'll just wait up here.

The Order
    Hey Carlos, didn't you just save Los Angeles?

Pretty much, yeah.

WWH: X-Men:

Christos Gage is pretty damn awesome and should be writing more things than just event crossovers.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well, he is writing The Man with No Name, and Dynamite's Lone Ranger is fantastic, so chances are it will be too.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »

This issue was amazing!

I was just coming here to talk about that. Kinda overshadowed by the jolly green giant, but it was an excellent issue. The perfect wrap-up to an USM era. I like the way the change between the art was handled, and although it won't be the same without Magley, Immonen seems off to a good start.
    The fight with Spot was great, and I'm looking forwards to the upcoming Goblin story-arc.

Probably the best bit in this issue though is the feeling between Peter and May that something is happening. There's a reason that super-humans are cropping up more and more, that all of the events in Spider-Man's life (and beyond) and leading up to something. Given that the Ultimate titles overlap each other, it makes you wonder what exactly something like this could mean, both for Spidey and for the greater Ultimate universe.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »

This issue was amazing!

I was just coming here to talk about that. Kinda overshadowed by the jolly green giant, but it was an excellent issue. The perfect wrap-up to an USM era. I like the way the change between the art was handled, and although it won't be the same without Magley, Immonen seems off to a good start.
    The fight with Spot was great, and I'm looking forwards to the upcoming Goblin story-arc.

Probably the best bit in this issue though is the feeling between Peter and May that something is happening. There's a reason that super-humans are cropping up more and more, that all of the events in Spider-Man's life (and beyond) and leading up to something. Given that the Ultimate titles overlap each other, it makes you wonder what exactly something like this could mean, both for Spidey and for the greater Ultimate universe.
    I just like that he referenced the Ghostbusters reference from like the second volume. And Bendis is writing something called Ultimate Origin which is supposedly going to deal with all the big secrets of the Ultimate universe, so I'm sure he's got something in mind.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    WWH: X-Men:

Christos Gage is pretty damn awesome and should be writing more things than just event crossovers.

i just got the new trade of the stormwatch phd series he's doing. i'm about to read it now, but i mostly got it for doug mahnke's art. i think christos gage did an issue of midnighter i liked so we'll see.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ghost Rider #13
    "Uh oh, Blaze doesn't have control over the Rider anymore."

"Why is that bad?"
    KABOOM

Green on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I notice all of you NOT mentioning New X-Men. But that's okay, because I'm here to make sure it doesn't go unmentioned.
    New_Xmen_40_0010.jpg
    New_Xmen_40_0013.jpg

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Eh, while I love Santo, the story made no sense because I was only buying it because of the Endangered Species back-up.

They really should have made sure all books with the back-ups were starting a new arc.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    I notice all of you NOT mentioning New X-Men. But that's okay, because I'm here to make sure it doesn't go unmentioned.
    New_Xmen_40_0010.jpg
    New_Xmen_40_0013.jpg
    Quoted for the truth!

New X-men was 10 kinds of awesome. Especially Santo. And Especially Pixie!

"OHMIGOD! I'm evil now! You turned me evil! YOU BI--"

And yes. Vic's arm IS gross :p

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Eh, while I love Santo, the story made no sense because I was only buying it because of the Endangered Species back-up.

They really should have made sure all books with the back-ups were starting a new arc.

I was all kinds of confused. I haven't bought a New X-Men in awhile.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    All Flash
    ADAM WEST!

yeah, maybe not

Algertman on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    New_Xmen_40_0010.jpg
    New_Xmen_40_0013.jpg
    Quoted for the truth!

New X-men was 10 kinds of awesome. Especially Santo. And Especially Pixie!

"OHMIGOD! I'm evil now! You turned me evil! YOU BI--"

And yes. Vic's arm IS gross :p

I'm hoping
    That they're going to make Pixie a bit more magical and....Pixie-ish. What with her having a mini soulsword (souldagger?) and learning a teleportation spell.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Vic's arm seems like foreshadowing of what he'll eventually grow to be. Also, it matches up with that helmet type shell on his head.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Punisher War Journal:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I'm gotta get this book now. The kid better fucking be a skrull or I'm gonna be pissed, this action basically destroys the fucking charecter.

Godfuckingdamnit.

EDIT: Just read the rest of the topic, apparently I missed this issue last week. Oops.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Punisher War Journal:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I'm gotta get this book now. The kid better fucking be a skrull or I'm gonna be pissed, this action basically destroys the fucking charecter.

Godfuckingdamnit.

EDIT: Just read the rest of the topic, apparently I missed this issue last week. Oops.

I think that Fraction hinted already that all is not what it seems to be....

muninn on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i just read Batman: Ego and holy crap that was a badass picture of Robin I want a poster of it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Punisher War Journal:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Godfuckingdamnit.

Are you reading PWJ? Because it's an awesome book.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I gotta be honest, I was a little bored of the first month of WWH, as it was more of a "What were you doing when Black Bolt was smashed?", but the second month is stepping up to the plate significantly.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.