Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla]Democratic File System: And The Winner Is...

1262729313240

Posts

  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Someone goes Orange each night.

    So far I've noticed nothing odd but it's really making me nervous.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Someone goes Orange each night.

    So far I've noticed nothing odd but it's really making me nervous.

    well I noticed the orange and even checked in previous days to confirm that it wasn't a public runtime, but I didn't notice that I had been orangefied until you mentioned it.

    frandelgearslip on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    After my attack I've been checking the OP after each narration.

    You know, since I'm curious about what the hell it means.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • DamnedLibrarianDamnedLibrarian Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Should we vote for people who turn orange? Maybe they're some sort of malware win condition?

    DamnedLibrarian on
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Should we vote for people who turn orange? Maybe they're some sort of malware win condition?

    please tell me your joking :P

    frandelgearslip on
  • DamnedLibrarianDamnedLibrarian Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Should we vote for people who turn orange? Maybe they're some sort of malware win condition?

    please tell me your joking :P

    I'm joking! Really!

    DamnedLibrarian on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Should we vote for people who turn orange? Maybe they're some sort of malware win condition?

    Er...are you suggesting some kind of conversion mechanic? Cause that's banned by the OP.

    Also it's very very stupid. If the malware can turn people orange and we always kill the people who turn orange....we lose.

    Assuming the malware have half a brain.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2007
    !vote DamnedLibrarian


    Don't target me like that.

    Unknown User on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So. FWD told me his "death miller" contact is Bliss 101. Now, only 1 person seemed to have been killed by the monsters. This could mean a lot of things.
    1. Our vigilante is dead.
    2. There is only one group of monsters
    3. There are multiple groups of monsters, who, despite The Bonian Man's attempts to unify them, somehow managed to overlap kills.
    4. Deaths were guarded against last night.

    Three definitely doesn't seem likely to me, and I personally don't believe 4 happened. That would mean we're facing one group of specials. Now, FWD was assuming that death millers exist, because, after all, why would someone bring it up if it wasn't true? However, it was only stated that is possible, for death millers to exist. It seems quite possible death millers are a lie created by the malware. The problem is we have no way to verify the death millers. We can either take their word for their special status and possibly be fooled, or we can kill them, possibly bringing us one step closer to victory.

    P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    OooOoOOOoOoOoo

    !target: Dethkok

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    OooOoOOOoOoOoo

    !target: Dethkok
    You stole my heart.
    and my vote
    and my ire

    P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hrm. Or, it's quite possible that the "seer" that I'm in contact with is actually a malware, and is trying to manipulate the bandwagon onto Bliss 101. le sigh.

    P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have been suspicious of bliss 101 for days now, so your reasoning is good enough for me.

    !vote bliss 101

    frandelgearslip on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was starting to believe there may be death millers, since we killed so many malware quickly and the majority of them it seemed way too unlikely. But if there are none, that leaves I think two malware left? And we had one kill tonight aside from vote? Maybe there aren't death millers after all... bah.

    B:L, I'm sorry you turned up good but I kinda felt it waiting for me when I got home. I'd much rather Phalla with the more apt and reasonable B:L of this game than the insane rep B:L of the past ones. ;) I still feel it was a fair assessment against you, given your history and that you would have to respond the same whether you were malware or not.

    And we'll see what tomorrow brings before I vote, bedtime for now.

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hrm, only 2 deaths, interesting. Would the narration say so if a kill was blocked?

    Yeah I was FWD's "death miller" contact, although the name of the role in this Phalla is "Practical Joke". We seer as malware and show up as malware in the narration, but play on the side of the village. The irony of it is painful, because I've never been lucky enough to be a bad guy in Phalla.

    I outed myself to FWD early on, because I didn't expect to live very long with a role like this. If I had thought there were more than one in the game, I'd probably have outed myself publicly right in the beginning to get in contact with the others. I thought it was possible, and I kinda hoped my "three factions" announcement might have been enough for the others to get in touch, but instead I only attracted the attention of FWD. I'm still not sure if there ever were more than one player with my role, and I don't know how FWD arrived at his number: I actually started thinking he's a monster after he posted that, because I thought only a monster could have figured out the number of dead death millers (based on the number of monsters still alive).

    My power changes every night. On night one I had Write Access Denial and used it on DA because I'm always suspicious of him. The three following nights I was able to guard against the three malware factions, a different faction each night, but I'm not telling in which order (if by some miracle I live to the end game, this power can win the game for us); I decided to be selfish and target myself, me being the only player I knew to be innocent and all. Last night I had System Deletion Protocol: if I had been killed and my runtime not blocked, I'd have taken DA with me, because I still suspect him about as much as I suspect Infidel. So far my goal the entire game has been to get targeted by the monsters: hopefully I could have blocked a kill or two, or taken one of them with me with the retal power, and FWD would have cleared my name afterwards so that people wouldn't re-read everything I posted under the assumption that I was malware.

    The cycle will reset one of these nights, meaning I'll start over with WAD, guardian powers, etc. In the meantime I still have something pretty useless I get to try out if I live.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Stupid retarded Assistant Manager, it was my day off! Anyway, I haven't had much time to catch up, but I will be able to when I have some free time tomorrow, unless another person quits and I have to work another shift and stuff.

    Ok, game comments time. I'm fuckin' confused. So was FWD right about the other Death Millers (such a cool name), or is Bliss 101 the only one? I'm tempted to believe the second one, because only one death apart from the vote seems like there would only be one bad guy group. It sorta makes sense, but I'm going to get some sleep now and there better be some crazy discussions tomorrow morning! :P

    Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • life3life3 Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Also what's up with Life3, signing up for another Phalla while not bothering to participate in this one?

    Well, when the boards are timing out, it's much easier to spam a mini-phalla with a sign-up, then it is to catch up on a couple pages of posts. I decided to withhold any action due to being unable to read the thread, but if it's snap decisions you want(and that seems like something only malware would want):

    !vote DevoutlyApathetic
    target: DevoutlyApathetic

    Let us delete this poorly programmed piece of malware.

    life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    life3 wrote: »
    Well, when the boards are timing out, it's much easier to spam a mini-phalla with a sign-up, then it is to catch up on a couple pages of posts. I decided to withhold any action due to being unable to read the thread, but if it's snap decisions you want(and that seems like something only malware would want):

    !vote DevoutlyApathetic
    target: DevoutlyApathetic

    Let us delete this poorly programmed piece of malware.
    I know, I'm a huge asshole for asking people to play a game they sign up for, ya know?

    Honestly this is an incredibly hostile reaction over a small comment, could this be because your standard "I'm evil" game plan is to hide in the background and hope nobody gets around to killing you? I mean, that plan's blown with somebody noticing you signing up for another Phalla to not play last night.

    Fuck, last game of the people who were alive the last day in SP13, only two had less posts than you. A majority of those playing had more, even though most were dead.

    I can almost understand, the board was wacky for about 15 minutes last night but if that's the only time you have to check in using it to sign up for another phalla, a phalla that has double the days, just strikes me as disrespectful.

    Overall we're having somewhat of an issue with participation, about a quarter of the people alive today didn't vote.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    life3 wrote: »
    Also what's up with Life3, signing up for another Phalla while not bothering to participate in this one?

    Well, when the boards are timing out, it's much easier to spam a mini-phalla with a sign-up, then it is to catch up on a couple pages of posts. I decided to withhold any action due to being unable to read the thread, but if it's snap decisions you want(and that seems like something only malware would want):

    !vote DevoutlyApathetic
    target: DevoutlyApathetic

    Let us delete this poorly programmed piece of malware.
    Defensive much?

    EDIT: Nevermind, DA said the same thing I did.

    tofu on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Inactivity is a sore spot for me. I think it ruins the game for everyone.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2007
    inactivity makes it easy for bad guys to lay low.

    Unknown User on
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't know about you guys, but I actually found life3's post to be really suspicious. I know a lot of bad guys try to take blame off them and shift it on to someone else, and when they're inexperienced (is life3 inexperienced? I only remember him from SP13) it comes off as overly vehement.

    !vote life3 unless he manages to convince me otherwise.

    visiblehowl on
    vxsHp3F.gif
    I die evry tiem in Sekiro on Twitch
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Hrm, only 2 deaths, interesting. Would the narration say so if a kill was blocked?

    Yeah I was FWD's "death miller" contact, although the name of the role in this Phalla is "Practical Joke". We seer as malware and show up as malware in the narration, but play on the side of the village. The irony of it is painful, because I've never been lucky enough to be a bad guy in Phalla.

    Ironic, painful, and convenient.
    DFS: There may be none, any or all of the following: seers, guardians, vigilantes, thralls, masons, items, millers, death millers, power stealing, power destruction, power redirection.


    Have there been any reports of people having two powers listed in the OP?

    tofu on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    For now I want to find out if there was a reason for the B:L bandwagon picking up speed so fast last night:

    !vote Infidel
    !target Gnasty

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    Have there been any reports of people having two powers listed in the OP?

    I've been targeted a few times during the game. If any of those was a public runtime logger, they should be able to confirm at least part of my story.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It strikes me as suspicious because why would the miller and death miller powers be listed separate in the OP but you, a death miller, have both?

    tofu on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If it makes anything clearer I used to have a power that let me trade powers with someone else. That power was removed from the game when I used it the night that niceguy was removed the game and he took the power with him.

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    It strikes me as suspicious because why would the miller and death miller powers be listed separate in the OP but you, a death miller, have both?
    What advantage to Bliss would their be in telling us she would die as Malware?

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    It strikes me as suspicious because why would the miller and death miller powers be listed separate in the OP but you, a death miller, have both?

    Have both what?

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    tofu wrote: »
    It strikes me as suspicious because why would the miller and death miller powers be listed separate in the OP but you, a death miller, have both?

    Have both what?

    Both seering as malware and being listed as malware upon deletion. I have no idea why they're combined into one role, but I suspect it's because thorgot found it amusing.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    tofu wrote: »
    It strikes me as suspicious because why would the miller and death miller powers be listed separate in the OP but you, a death miller, have both?

    Have both what?

    Both seering as malware and being listed as malware upon deletion. I have no idea why they're combined into one role, but I suspect it's because thorgot found it amusing.

    Isn't that what a death miller is? A death miller seers and dies as a bad guy, no?

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    tofu wrote: »
    It strikes me as suspicious because why would the miller and death miller powers be listed separate in the OP but you, a death miller, have both?

    Have both what?

    Both seering as malware and being listed as malware upon deletion. I have no idea why they're combined into one role, but I suspect it's because thorgot found it amusing.

    Isn't that what a death miller is? A death miller seers and dies as a bad guy, no?
    I think their is some confusion over that. Some people think that miller referrers to seering as bad when alive while death miller means only that you look evil when you die.

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yea, the issue with this is we have no way of confirming what Bliss says. Bliss can't be seered, hasn't mentioned a power beyond the 5 in the OP that we could test and we could be 2 bad guys away from winning.

    I know that roles like that aren't much fun but I don't see it worth risking what could be a solid lead. I have been a bit unwilling to overlook things as too obvious lately though...

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think the miller part in death miller stands, both seer as bad. Death miller is just an added bonus.

    Whichever, Bliss is claiming to seer and die as malware, whichever role you wish to call that. I was just confused on what the "suspicious both claim" was, I don't think it as such since I don't think it's "both".

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My power tonight is public runtime logger. I don't see how confirming that would confirm my innocence though, since the virii probably have public runtimes as well - and if I were a monster, I'd try to mix as much truth into the lie as possible to make it believable. But I can tell you tomorrow what Gnasty has been up to if you want. :)

    I can't really come up with a good argument against bandwagoning me, except that the village won't learn anything at all from my death. I'll just show up as malware in the narration like I said and that's that. If we are indeed 2 monsters away from winning, there should be time to explore other avenues.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    giltanis wrote: »
    tofu wrote: »
    It strikes me as suspicious because why would the miller and death miller powers be listed separate in the OP but you, a death miller, have both?
    What advantage to Bliss would their be in telling us she would die as Malware?
    Are you serious?

    tofu on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    I think the miller part in death miller stands, both seer as bad. Death miller is just an added bonus.

    Whichever, Bliss is claiming to seer and die as malware, whichever role you wish to call that. I was just confused on what the "suspicious both claim" was, I don't think it as such since I don't think it's "both".
    I think you're wrong. We can ask Thorgot to clarify the Death Miller but I doubt he will.

    tofu on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh gods, so many targets! And me among them, once again for my big file size. While last night was boring, this is turning out to be quite the opposite!

    Ugh, finding the truth is quite another matter though...

    The bandwagons with the most credibility at the moment seems to be Infidel. Then again, killing Bliss does have its attraction. Her guardian ability seem only marginally useful, especially now that she has exposed it, and the whole thing does seem kinda convenient. I hate to kill someone with such an interesting role, but at this point if there is even the slightest chance she is malware then it might be stupid to leave her alive.

    Undecided as of yet...

    EDIT: Wait, the vote on me was last cycle. Nevermind.

    Vic on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    !target DamnedLibrarian, because I love books!

    I'm not really sure what's up with any of these claims. Having three weird powers is a bit strange, though...

    Threelemmings on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'd just like to mention before people start trying to bandwagon me that it's not in the villages interest to do so. ;) I can't offer you up another target to take my place at this time, and yeah it's a dumb defense so I'm not going to keep stressing it and annoy you all. But it's true! :)

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
Sign In or Register to comment.