As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] Pre-PAX Dinner Thread - [SOLD OUT] - Sign in starts at 5:30pm!

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    So I'm kinda just waiting to get unjailed to do a big thread update. (Hint, I've been staring at a WePay screen for a few minutes)

Sit tight!

Yeah, how did you manage to get jailed again anyway? (And that prevents you from editing posts? I dunno, never been jailed)

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    tsrblke wrote: »
    So I'm kinda just waiting to get unjailed to do a big thread update. (Hint, I've been staring at a WePay screen for a few minutes)

Sit tight!

Yeah, how did you manage to get jailed again anyway? (And that prevents you from editing posts? I dunno, never been jailed)

I accidently the entire BF3 thread. If it doesn't clear by the end of the month, I'll have Saldek remake the thread so we can get the ball rolling.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2012

Sit tight!

Discussing moderator action on the forums is against the rules, and off topic for this thread.

zerzhul on
  • Agent00Agent00 Tucson, AZRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Discussing moderator action on the forums is against the rules

Is there another set of rules I have not seen?

Agent00 wrote: »

Discussing moderator action on the forums is against the rules

Is there another set of rules I have not seen?

If you'd like to discuss the rules, feel free to PM a moderator or an administrator.

edited June 2012
    @Saldek will be firing up a new thread with the menu and ticket purchasing link all in the OP, but if you want to give me your money so I can pay off my bookie early:

https://www.wepay.com/events/pre-pax-dinner

Have at it! I put the menu into the event description. :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • MogsMogs Registered User regular
    My husband and I would love to go, but I wanted to check on something beforehand: I can't have gluten. Is there a way of finding out if the sauce on the pork contains wheat or getting the pork sans sauce?

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Done TOG...hope you can get out soon! lol! <3

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
    edited June 2012
    Mogs wrote: »
    My husband and I would love to go, but I wanted to check on something beforehand: I can't have gluten. Is there a way of finding out if the sauce on the pork contains wheat or getting the pork sans sauce?

Sure, I'll email the caterer and ask.
    EDIT: Caterer emailed. Andy is pretty on the ball so I should know soon.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    @Saldek will be firing up a new thread with the menu and ticket purchasing link all in the OP, but if you want to give me your money so I can pay off my bookie early:

Erg, first let me apologize to @Zerzhul. Ooops we played it fast and loose in the phase I thread, so I forgot about the OT thing.
    Now to the topic at hand: Wow that menu looks awesome, now I have to discuss with the wife exactly how antisocial we'll be that night to determine if we're going. But wow, and the price?! So low, Good lord I'd think this was in STL, not in Seattle.
    Quick question though, will I need to choose an entree in advance or is this a kinda buffet thing? choose later? Because...erg...I dunno what'd I'd want. (I'm presuming the polenta cakes are a veggie entree, not an appetizer.) Too many possible choices, paralyzed by choice.....

• SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Now to the topic at hand: Wow that menu looks awesome, now I have to discuss with the wife exactly how antisocial we'll be that night to determine if we're going. But wow, and the price?! So low, Good lord I'd think this was in STL, not in Seattle.
    Quick question though, will I need to choose an entree in advance or is this a kinda buffet thing? choose later? Because...erg...I dunno what'd I'd want. (I'm presuming the polenta cakes are a veggie entree, not an appetizer.) Too many possible choices, paralyzed by choice.....

The polenta is indeed a veggie entree. It will be a buffet, so have a taste of everything!

New thread will be posted in just a bit. :)

Saldek on
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
    edited June 2012

Erg, first let me apologize to @Zerzhul. Ooops we played it fast and loose in the phase I thread, so I forgot about the OT thing.

Buffet! EAT ALL THE FOODS
    Saldek wrote: »
    New thread will be posted in just a bit. :)
    <3

EDIT:
    Thanks @Zerzhul for the thread merge!

EDIT EDIT: Almost forgot to reserve space for myself and @Saldek. Herpaderp.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    88 tickets left!

• basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    I'll be the handsome Slytherin getting their pork stuffed.

• ShocknaShockna Registered User regular
    Is it worth registering if your flight arrives at 6:15PM? >_>

Originally planned on going, but my flight times were changed by two hours. -.-;;

I suppose if you rushed straight from the airport to the dinner you could make the last hour if you were really that motivated.

wWuzwvJ.png
    Huzzah!
    The Wife and I decided this would be our "forced socialable event." So I'm going to buy tickets later today. (Gotta get some things in order first.) But if things work I should be there.
    As an aside (and yet still on topic.) Is there usually a big group of people who meander from the Hotel Block Area (specifically the Grand Hyatt) to the Barca? I'm not exactly "Seattle Trained" (nor my wife.) and would hate to get lost on the way.
    Also, we'll be the ones trying to mostly keep to ourselves....don't let us.

edited June 2012
    I'll be walking over at about 1630ish from the Hyatt if you wanted to tag along.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • KagliciousKaglicious Registered User regular
    Got my ticket, the food on the menu in the OP sounds delicious.

If you click on the google map link in the OP you can get driving, walking or metro bus directions to get there.

I could add a meet-up time for people that want to group up to walk over if anyone is interested in doing that. I think the bus is $2 and there are two or three different routes that go from by the hotels to a block or so from Barca.

edited June 2012
    I could add a meet-up time for people that want to group up to walk over if anyone is interested in doing that. I think the bus is $2 and there are two or three different routes that go from by the hotels to a block or so from Barca.

I think I'd (and the wife) would be interested, it's easier to meet people in small bunches anyway than all 120 of you.
    Which brings us to point two, I just bought 2 tickets to the dinner (wife and me). We're first timers, and this is a bit outside of our normal social skill set so be kind :P.
    Also I think our tag along friend for this trip might be joining too (I say tag along, because he's mooching off our hotel room and logistics planning his actual choice of events is entirely up to him.)

Edit: Hmmm, my QR codes didn't print, is that going to be a problem?

tsrblke on
    edited June 2012
    I think I'd (and the wife) would be interested, it's easier to meet people in small bunches anyway than all 120 of you.
    Which brings us to point two, I just bought 2 tickets to the dinner (wife and me). We're first timers, and this is a bit outside of our normal social skill set so be kind :P.
    Also I think our tag along friend for this trip might be joining too (I say tag along, because he's mooching off our hotel room and logistics planning his actual choice of events is entirely up to him.)

I don't think that should be a problem, as long as the tickets have your names on them so we can check you off the list. @TOGSolid?

Glad you're coming! This will be my first PAX too. :) Like TOG said, we'll be heading over from the Hyatt around 4:30pm, so you're welcome to join us then. The caterers will be doing all the set up work, so I think we'll mostly just be doing some pre-dinner sampling of Barca's fine drink selection. :D
    If there is a later time you'd rather head over, I'll put it in the OP. It's about a 15ish minute walk, so meet-up at 5:30 maybe?

Saldek on
    edited June 2012

I don't think that should be a problem, as long as the tickets have your names on them so we can check you off the list. @TOGSolid?

Glad you're coming! This will be my first PAX too. :) Like TOG said, we'll be heading over from the Hyatt around 4:30pm, so you're welcome to join us then. The caterers will be doing all the set up work, so I think we'll mostly just be doing some pre-dinner sampling of Barca's fine drink selection. :D
    If there is a later time you'd rather head over, I'll put it in the OP. It's about a 15ish minute walk, so meet-up at 5:30 maybe?

I should clarify, Second Pax, first Pre-Pax dinner. Last year we were overwhelmed and mostly kept to ourselves (it's easy to do that when you come in a pair). This year we're branching out ;).
    Edit to add: Perhaps if the bar will be open at 4:30 we may join you. Thursday last year was a bit of a "play it by ear" day and although our approach has changed (last year we stayed a friends house thursday night, this year we have hotel rooms downtown the whole time) we may still choose wander around aimlessly in seattle up until dinner time.

tsrblke on

I would think you'd be able to get back to the QR code somehow... or maybe they email it to you? I wouldn't think you only have one chance to print it :-/

edited June 2012

I'll have a list of who purchased tickets with me. WePay is incredibly baller and allows you to export a master guest list for printing based on who's purchased tickets. As long as you have a ticket, receipt, or hell, even just an ID you'll be fine. I saw your name on the transactions already so I know you're good to go.

I will see if I can resend the ticket somehow though.

EDIT: @tsrblke You should be able to view your tickets through WePay. If you can't, I can actually get to your QR Code ticket so I can email it myself if need be.

Also: 46/120 tickets sold already. Fuck yeah. :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    So in.

Huzzah!
    The Wife and I decided this would be our "forced socialable event." So I'm going to buy tickets later today. (Gotta get some things in order first.) But if things work I should be there.
    As an aside (and yet still on topic.) Is there usually a big group of people who meander from the Hotel Block Area (specifically the Grand Hyatt) to the Barca? I'm not exactly "Seattle Trained" (nor my wife.) and would hate to get lost on the way.
    Also, we'll be the ones trying to mostly keep to ourselves....don't let us.

Looks like we (my hubby and I) are staying right next door to you at the Paramount Hotel. We could meet up and head over if you wanted. That way when we get lost, we wouldn't be alone. We are also ones that like to keep to ourselves, so we would be in the same boat.
    :lol:

I would think you'd be able to get back to the QR code somehow... or maybe they email it to you? I wouldn't think you only have one chance to print it :-/

Yes, you'd think so, and you'd be right. I just misread the screen and assumed I Was getting a second email with the tickets (but the link was right there in my reciept. Smack dab in the middle of my screen! Right where I wasn't looking.) But..... Still Bupkis on the QR code (the rest of the ticket prints, but the area for the QR code is blank.) Maybe it's my printer? As long as @TOGSolid is fine with me bringing tackets sans QR codes (and I don't forget the tickets) we'll be good. Plus now I have 2 copies of them! (It's also worth noting it put my wife's ticket directly below mine with now cutting room, good thing we're coming together! I think this is a printer problem. The important thing is I got tickets!

@Fenrisfang,

Sounds fun, I'll keep that in mind when we get closer. I've got so many plates spinning right now, it's almost hilarious! But yeah that sounds like a good plan (we can pick up anyone else who wants to walk it as well.)

The important thing is I got tickets!

You're good to go then!

wWuzwvJ.png
    @tsrblke Sounds like we have a bit of a plan.

Anyone else that is interested in heading over from the Paramount/ Hyatt area, let me know. :)

• shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Tickets get! I am excite!

Thanks to everyone who helped put this together! :)

Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    Tickets bought! Please let us know if we can help out in any way. =]

• lizpiratelizpirate Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Woohoo! Tickets bought for me & my husband!

Wow! Almost half the tickets have sold already! Is two months to early to start counting down until this? :)

• SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Really looking forward to this. I've been every year since I started doing PAX 3 years ago and it just wouldn't be PAX without it!

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • WapieWapie Registered User regular
    YAY! I got my ticket. :D Had some issues printing it, but I beat my printer so it finally worked.

*Had the wrong printer selected*

• UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    Got mine. Can't wait

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Eff yeah! Thanks so much, @TOGSolid!

ufq9gj8383nh.png

edited July 2012
    Guys

GUYZ

We are 50% sold out in just a few days! Get your tickets if you haven't already!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    I completely missed this thread until now - thankfully, tickets are still available! Look forward to seeing you all there. :)

This discussion has been closed.