As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rayman Origins: Out on consoles and Vita! 3DS/PC in March!

13»

• Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    I too bought this during Amazon's Black Friday sale and I hid it away since I was thinking about gifting it to my kids. However, I hid it a bit too well and don't know where it is.

PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Just finished it, not 100% yet but to the end of the 'story'. Thoroughly loved it, one of my favourite platform games in year. Full of character, laughs and great gameplay. Didn't have chance to play it co-op sadly but it played great single player. Loved the music too.

The last level was an utter fucker though (the platform bit, not the shooting bit). Started reaching Super Meat Boy hard (not dark world, but still).

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Friendly reminder that this game is available for the Vita. Going by the Giant Bomb quick look, the game is still very pretty.

But no multiplayer, if that matters. The game is still very competent as a standalone.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I had to look it up to realize all the characters were speaking piglatin: "Etlee emee outshwee!" ~Betilla

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Friendly reminder that this game is available for the Vita. Going by the Giant Bomb quick look, the game is still very pretty.

But no multiplayer, if that matters. The game is still very competent as a standalone.

Like NSMBW, I didn't even play multiplayer.
    Forever Alone

I'll probably double-dip on the 3DS version when it gets to the $20 price point.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Def nabbing this on Vita next week.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Having played this on Wii, I gave the wii copy to my little cousins and bought a 360 copy for myself, and the HDMI makes all the difference in the world.

Also, the water worlds are my favorite part, atmospheric wise, it goes from happy to creepy in a heartbeat, and the happy part has the Lums singing a song in the background, like something out of the Little Mermaid. Or this.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    This is now available for preorder on Steam. The price is only $29.99!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I just played the demo on Steam and hoooley moley this is one fun game! The kind of pure, unaltered fun you can tell your parents about

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Finally playing this.

And... I'm kind of shocked at how much I'm not digging it. I love the art style, the music's neat, everything's bursting with character... it's the level design. It's just not fun for me. Every level so far (I'm mid-way through the second) has been a slog so far. And I'm already dying over and over and over.

The weird part is that I just played Donkey Kong Country Returns for the first time a couple months ago and dug the crap out of it, even though that also involved dying over and over and over. Right now I'm at the part where you have to use wind gusts to stay aloft, and... gah. Not fun.

I dunno. Am I missing something? Am I just platformed out?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    While the game is beautiful I feel as though the art style makes things feel a bit disconnected. It's difficult to tell what's actual playfield area and what's just visual flourishes occasionally.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    On the flip side, I absolutely loved the game and the chest run levels are pure fun.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Where are you in the game? I think I just finished the food level, and am not dying that much. When I die, it is just because I am trying to get lums. Can't really hit the higher tiers on my first runs anymore.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Where are you in the game? I think I just finished the food level, and am not dying that much. When I die, it is just because I am trying to get lums. Can't really hit the higher tiers on my first runs anymore.

Yeah I stopped trying to get everything on my first goes and found that unlocking all the skills first and clearing out the levels was best, before tracking back to get better grades on all the levels.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I need to go back to this game, I "completed" (finished all story levels) but definitely want to 100% it. Thanks for the prompt, resurrectors of this thread.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Finally playing this.

And... I'm kind of shocked at how much I'm not digging it. I love the art style, the music's neat, everything's bursting with character... it's the level design. It's just not fun for me. Every level so far (I'm mid-way through the second) has been a slog so far. And I'm already dying over and over and over.

The weird part is that I just played Donkey Kong Country Returns for the first time a couple months ago and dug the crap out of it, even though that also involved dying over and over and over. Right now I'm at the part where you have to use wind gusts to stay aloft, and... gah. Not fun.

I dunno. Am I missing something? Am I just platformed out?

Finally cloudeagle

Finally

You and I are one soul

I've tried popping this game in multiple times, but something about it just doesn't feel right.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Midway through the desert/music level.

Yeah, it's probably at least partially caused by my compulsion to get lums/coins that are surrounded on nearly all sides by spiky death. But the sound of rescuing the little critters at the end of the level is just so damn charming!

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293