As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Proclaimed "Gods"

KenanikenKenaniken Destroy, then improve!Registered User new member
edited June 2012 in Penny Arcade Games
Every one who has played the games of the series: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness has noticed the mentioning of "Gods".

These are not actual Gods (apparently), but are a mere title, referred by the protagonists (Example: At the beginning of OtR-SPoD:3, Gabriel mentions killing "Gods" a routine task in their line of work).

However, the main mentioning of these "Gods" is included in The Quartet for the Dusk of Man, which is being quoted at the start of each game. Assuming the poem is based on the game/The game is based (kind of) on the poem, there are 4 Gods which "rule" New Arcadia (According to the poem, there were 8 gods once, and apparently they died battling among themselves). Analyzing these Gods, which are slain each in every episode, may grant us a
slight divination to what God will be slain next.

The first God which was slain was Yom Kippour, the "God of Silence"

The second God who met his demise was that giant, annoying Fruit F***er, the "God of Gears".

The third slain God is still unknown to me (I haven't finished the game yet), but just from the first 2 we can deduce something:

All of the Gods are related to the environment of New Arcadia!

It might sound totally obvious at first, but if you give it another thought, you'll get it.

Yom Kippour was a mime, and mimes are very common in all three games, which one can assume they were always a part of the environment in New Arcadia.

The Giant Fruit F***er was made from gears, which are common in New Arcadia in all three games, thus assuming they were also a part of the environment in the city before the series took place.

Those facts made me reach an assumption, that the Third/Fourth remaining Gods are related either to "Hoboism"(Because these annoying f***ers are included in every game so far), or to another element of New Arcadia. My personal guess is that the Third/Fourth god will be a "God of Darkness", since the city itself has an extremely dark vibe to it, and almost all of the work is done at night, in storms etc.

I appreciate your invested time!

Kenaniken on

• Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    Interesting theory, but I'm not sure the third one fits with it completely. Don't want to say anything else and spoil it.

Also, I don't know where you got Yom Kippour from, but the first God's name is actually Yog Sethis, and the second one (who possessed Fruit Fucker Prime) was called Yog Kathak. And the third one is (spoiler'd for your sake):
    Yog Modaigh, God of Doors.

I'm interested in seeing what the fourth God will be...

• Options
    ppsycho_scissorsppsycho_scissors Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    I just started replaying episode 1 when I noticed that the "Disembodied Voice" actually gave his name at the end of the tutorial, but I didn't realize this the first time around as I did not yet know the story. My guess is it would be the name of God No. 4.
    I'll put it in spoiler just in case:
    When you have defeated the big group of FF's at the gas station, he says "Yog Bamoun". Since the other three have now been named this must be God 4. I'm guessing, from the dialogue, that he may in fact be the God of Time - or possibly clocks :P - he says time a lot in all of his dialogue and always with great emphasis.
    Well, that is my two cents on the matter. Enjoy.

• Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    I just started replaying episode 1 when I noticed that the "Disembodied Voice" actually gave his name at the end of the tutorial, but I didn't realize this the first time around as I did not yet know the story. My guess is it would be the name of God No. 4.
    I'll put it in spoiler just in case:
    When you have defeated the big group of FF's at the gas station, he says "Yog Bamoun". Since the other three have now been named this must be God 4. I'm guessing, from the dialogue, that he may in fact be the God of Time - or possibly clocks :P - he says time a lot in all of his dialogue and always with great emphasis.
    Well, that is my two cents on the matter. Enjoy.

Mind = Blown. Going to have to play the first game and see that for myself.

• Options
    yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    Based on the ending to Episode 3, I started to think the Narrator was
    Tycho's dad.

• Options
    ppsycho_scissorsppsycho_scissors Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    I don't think so because in episode 2:
    Tycho's father was sent to cloying odor sanitarium for hearing a voice which at first just told a story, but then started telling him to do things - an obvious reference to your character hearing a voice, most likely the SAME voice.